Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
What do you think of smokers?
BarkingChaos
post Nov 11 2011, 10:09 AM
Post #41

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 112 100

Sandshrew Army

Dude, I'm not telling you what to do. I'm just saying its easy to get your priorities skewed. I don't want someone else to end up dying because of smoking after fighting another major illness. You never said if it was internal or physical, so the first assumption is always internal.

No need to be so touchy
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

intu
post Nov 11 2011, 10:26 AM
Post #42

boom shakalakalaka
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 5 708

Active Squad

I don't care if someone does, because most people are aware of the consequences, and it's their decision.
What bothers me is when kids do it. And people who sell cigarettes to children.

--------------------
** (click to show)

{ }

*~*~intu needs avatars~*~*
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Nov 11 2011, 06:33 PM
Post #43

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

QUOTE(Lugia182 @ Nov 11 2011, 10:49 AM) *
QUOTE(Reyo @ Nov 11 2011, 09:17 AM) *
QUOTE(Lugia182 @ Nov 10 2011, 04:31 PM) *
QUOTE(BarkingChaos @ Nov 9 2011, 03:12 AM) *
Shouldnt you be concentrating on quitting smoking on top of the other health problems? Smoking is just doing more damage and preventing you from healing. My nana beat breast cancer but died from lung cancer because she wouldnt stop smoking. This was in a span of about a month. Dont be like my nana

...you don't know what my other health problems are? Please don't judge me when you don't know the facts. I can assure you my other health problems have nothing to do with my smoking, they came about long before I started smoking, and my smoking physically cannot make it worse. And (not that you'd understand, being a non-smoker) quitting right now would put too much strain on me (my doctor told me this).

So no, I shouldn't be quitting smoking first. Please don't tell me what I should do.

May I ask what those health issues are?

It's not something I really feel comfortable discussing with people I don't know, sorry. But I can assure you it's nothing to do with my insides (which is, essentially, what smoking affects).

Then I must ask you to please not judge us for not understanding something you don't feel comfortable explaining.

This post has been edited by Reyo: Nov 11 2011, 06:38 PM

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

Dragonflames1994
post Nov 12 2011, 04:40 PM
Post #44

Dragonflame1994 is a fake
Group Icon

Member No.: 119 057

Interrupting Rayquaza

What do I think of smokers?

Good for nothing idiots who have nothing better to do than smoke a cigar while they pollute the earth and cause everyone around them to die of cancer. Disgusting, filthy people who have no lives. There is no excuse for smoking, not one.

And to those who don't smoke and never will: you're awesome. awesome.gif

--------------------
Click below for my party.

My legit shiny female Haxorus is awesome.
Ask me something on formspring.

+Quote Post

Lugia182
post Nov 13 2011, 05:17 PM
Post #45

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 127 341

Favourites

QUOTE(BarkingChaos @ Nov 11 2011, 03:09 PM) *
Dude, I'm not telling you what to do. I'm just saying its easy to get your priorities skewed. I don't want someone else to end up dying because of smoking after fighting another major illness. You never said if it was internal or physical, so the first assumption is always internal.

No need to be so touchy

I know it's easy to, but I'm not right now. I don't think. And sorry, I just hate it when people say stuff like that when they don't know the fully picture.

QUOTE(Reyo @ Nov 11 2011, 11:33 PM) *
Shouldnt you be concentrating on quitting smoking on top of the other health problems? Smoking is just doing more damage and preventing you from healing. My nana beat breast cancer but died from lung cancer because she wouldnt stop smoking. This was in a span of about a month. Dont be like my nana

...you don't know what my other health problems are? Please don't judge me when you don't know the facts. I can assure you my other health problems have nothing to do with my smoking, they came about long before I started smoking, and my smoking physically cannot make it worse. And (not that you'd understand, being a non-smoker) quitting right now would put too much strain on me (my doctor told me this).

So no, I shouldn't be quitting smoking first. Please don't tell me what I should do.

It's not something I really feel comfortable discussing with people I don't know, sorry. But I can assure you it's nothing to do with my insides (which is, essentially, what smoking affects).

Then I must ask you to please not judge us for not understanding something you don't feel comfortable explaining.

Uhh what? No. I don't think that's how it works, sorry. I will judge you for judging me... if that's even what you're talking about noes.gif and it's not just about me not being comfortable with it really, it's just none of your business, to be quite frank. I've told you it's not something that smoking affects, that's all you need to know for the purpose of this debate. If you're still judging me for not stopping, then I'll continue to judge you for judging me.

Wish I'd never came in here now sad.gif although I could never have foreseen this level of... whatever this is.
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Nov 14 2011, 02:45 AM
Post #46

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Lugia182 @ Nov 13 2011, 06:17 PM) *

No need to be so touchy

I know it's easy to, but I'm not right now. I don't think. And sorry, I just hate it when people say stuff like that when they don't know the fully picture.

Uhh what? No. I don't think that's how it works, sorry. I will judge you for judging me... if that's even what you're talking about noes.gif and it's not just about me not being comfortable with it really, it's just none of your business, to be quite frank. I've told you it's not something that smoking affects, that's all you need to know for the purpose of this debate. If you're still judging me for not stopping, then I'll continue to judge you for judging me.

Wish I'd never came in here now sad.gif although I could never have foreseen this level of... whatever this is.

I'm talking about how illogical it is to hold a lack of understanding over everyone's head while remaining adamant in refusing to let us in on the information we're so ignorant on. Either you tell us what's keeping smoking such a necessary part of your life, or you stop holding the fact that we don't know why over our heads. Personally, I don't care. You don't have to tell me, but when someone is yelling at a group of people for "not understanding" while saying that the right to understand is "none of our business"...well that's just something I'd expect more out of facebook.

But that's not what this thread is about. You can keep yelling at everyone if you want, I'm not going to keep trying to explain it to you and risk diverging on too big a tangent for everyone's liking. I just hope you know where everyone's frustration is coming from.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

+Quote Post

IndigoRain
post Nov 15 2011, 03:42 AM
Post #47

meh.
Group Icon

Member No.: 117 844

Ultima

Smokers will be smokers. Like many others have said, people get addicted to it. And I bet at least some of the people who have posted on this topic have never been truly addicted to something. Some people who want to quit just can't.
Some people use smoking as an outlet. Fine. They know the risks. It's not like they believe that smoking is like vitamins to the body.
Some people have grown up with relatives who smoke, and they think it's fine. In China, it's polite to smoke with guests.
To tell you the truth, (this may sound a little weird) I kinda like the smell of smoke. Not a lot. Just a little whiff of it up the nose. Reminds me of barbecue. More than a whiff is just too much *dies*
But the only kind of smoker that I can't stand are those who smoke because they think it's "cool" and it makes them look "cool". It's just stupid and immature. I mean, destroy your health, to look cool? Really? I have met many people who are just angelic without having to start smoking. I have never smoked and never will. I've seen people just grouping together smoking and trying to look cool to the passerby and that really makes me pissed.
There are people who are totally against smoking and hate all smokers no matter what. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but those people should try to understand others a tad bit more.
To smoke or not to smoke? It's honestly just your choice. Nobody else can change that.

--------------------

my party. needs clicks!

vdex! you know you wanna look >:D

-Friendship is like peeing in your pants. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warm feeling that it brings happy.gif
-friends are like bras. They support you, make you look great, and are close you your heart <3
-I didn't lose my mind...it's at home sitting right next to my common sense.

R etards
A ttempting
P oetry

-Multi-tasking=screwing several things up at once.
-Come to the dark side. We have cookies >:)
-Knock hard. Life is deaf.

10 Ways to annoy people in an elevator:
1) Announce in a demonic voice: “I must find a more suitable host body.”
2) Ask, “did you hear that cable snapping sound?”
3) Drop a pen and wait until someone reaches to help pick it up, then scream, “That’s mine!”
4) Hold the elevator door open and say you’re waiting for your friend. After a while, let the doors close and say, “Hi John, how’s your day been?”
5) Hum the theme to Jeopardy.
6) Leave a box in a corner, and when someone gets on, ask if they hear something ticking.
7) Make explosion noises when anyone presses a button.
8) Say, while holding a paper with OUT OF ORDER written on it, “I wonder why this was glued on the door when I came in.”
9) Scribble furiously on a notepad while looking at each passenger. When they try to look, hide the pad.
10) When there’s only one other person on the elevator, tap them on the shoulder and pretend it wasn’t you.
+Quote Post

Lugia182
post Nov 16 2011, 12:28 PM
Post #48

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 127 341

Favourites

QUOTE(Reyo @ Nov 14 2011, 07:45 AM) *

No need to be so touchy

I'm talking about how illogical it is to hold a lack of understanding over everyone's head while remaining adamant in refusing to let us in on the information we're so ignorant on. Either you tell us what's keeping smoking such a necessary part of your life, or you stop holding the fact that we don't know why over our heads. Personally, I don't care. You don't have to tell me, but when someone is yelling at a group of people for "not understanding" while saying that the right to understand is "none of our business"...well that's just something I'd expect more out of facebook.

But that's not what this thread is about. You can keep yelling at everyone if you want, I'm not going to keep trying to explain it to you and risk diverging on too big a tangent for everyone's liking. I just hope you know where everyone's frustration is coming from.

*Le sigh* I never said smoking was "such a necessary part of my life"... anywhere... I said stopping wasn't a priority right now. There's a difference. And I'm sorry, I really don't understand where all of this bile is coming from, I just said I didn't want to stop right now 'cause I have other health things that require my willpower and determination to focus on, and you lot got all "Why aren't you stopping?" on me... an honest answer to that? Aside from my willpower and determination being focused elsewhere? I just don't WANT to stop right now. Plain and simple. I will stop one day, but not now. Choose not to understand that if you will. I'm done.

And btw... I'm not yelling... I'm talking. Normally.
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Nov 16 2011, 02:20 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Lugia182 @ Nov 16 2011, 01:28 PM) *
QUOTE(Reyo @ Nov 14 2011, 07:45 AM) *

No need to be so touchy

*Le sigh* I never said smoking was "such a necessary part of my life"... anywhere... I said stopping wasn't a priority right now. There's a difference. And I'm sorry, I really don't understand where all of this bile is coming from, I just said I didn't want to stop right now 'cause I have other health things that require my willpower and determination to focus on, and you lot got all "Why aren't you stopping?" on me... an honest answer to that? Aside from my willpower and determination being focused elsewhere? I just don't WANT to stop right now. Plain and simple. I will stop one day, but not now. Choose not to understand that if you will. I'm done.

And btw... I'm not yelling... I'm talking. Normally.

"And (not that you'd understand, being a non-smoker) quitting right now would put too much strain on me (my doctor told me this)."

--------------------

+Quote Post

El cazador
post Nov 16 2011, 02:44 PM
Post #50

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 19 587

Active Squad

I think they are unconscious. They do not realize they are endangering the people's life around them but also their own health !

This post has been edited by El cazador: Nov 16 2011, 02:45 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Skins T
post Nov 21 2011, 05:12 AM
Post #51

Feel the Fire, Break your Vision
Group Icon

Member No.: 68 079

Favourite Pokemon

Being allergic to cigarette smoke, I cannot be near smokers for a long time. I wouldn't care so much about the subject if people smoked in their own homes/on their property, but they do it in public places where people have no choice but to breathe it in.

If it were banned everywhere except in allocated areas/people's homes, I couldn't care less about it. But since it isn't, I hate it.

--------------------

Click above for party~
+Quote Post

megaarrow25
post Nov 23 2011, 12:42 AM
Post #52

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 000

My Favorites

I think its fine, my mom and dad both do it and so does my brother, i like that theyr banning it in public places tho

--------------------
Me Umbreon, Tyranitar, Meganium, Houndoom, Blastoise, and I will rule the pokemon world.

what pokemon I am (click to show)
My team (click to show)

Blaze's PokePet

Moonlight the level 43 Umbreon!

+Quote Post

Avadeya
post Apr 5 2012, 01:53 AM
Post #53

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 90 306

My Favorites

I have nothing against smokers personally (my parents and some of my best friends smoke), but I hate it when they smoke in inclosed areas or in public places. The smell makes me nauseous, the smoke makes my eyes tear up, and I definitely don't want any children my age and especially children younger than me around those chemicals. I've never studied cigarettes or how harmful it is second-hand, but I do know how harmful it can be first-hand (my grandfather died of lung cancer because of smoking when he was barely 56 years old), and I've heard that second-hand smoking can be just as bad if not worse. Again, I don't know for a fact if that's true, but if it is, I'd throw the biggest hissy fit if someone smoked around my baby sister after I politely ask them to stop (or around any other child, for that matter).

It's a disgusting habit I'll never take up, but I won't ever tell someone they're an idiot or anything like that for doing it to themselves, so long as they keep it to themselves.

Hope I made sense! walloftext.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Alphaeon
post Apr 5 2012, 07:52 PM
Post #54

May the stars watch over you.
Group Icon

Member No.: 78 909

Legends of Age

I am particularly sensitive to smoking and drug usage, for a majority of my relatives smoke and do drugs, and a few have already lost their lives because of it. I hate knowing that people I love and are close to have a much shortened life span because they've been smoking for years.

So, yeh. I wish people wouldn't do it. It makes you smell nasty and just completely ruins your health.

This post has been edited by TheOceansGuardian: Apr 5 2012, 07:53 PM
+Quote Post

north star mouse
post May 17 2012, 01:12 PM
Post #55

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 80 634

Bad Romance Style

I guess you only wish once i smoked for four years quit 3 months ago best thing iv'e done but i can say iv'e smoked and something i wont be doing again.

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Grouch
post May 18 2012, 09:40 AM
Post #56

And this is how the world ends.
Group Icon

Member No.: 96 726

but a whimper.

What pisses me off is that some people tell people to stop smoking as if it were that easy. Some people clearly hasn't ever dealt with an addiction, or at least not as strong as cigarettes. Nicotine practically brainwashes people and get pissed at every single little thing, and there is no ignoring it either. You can't get your mind off it, because it isn't some lasting "I'm pissed at everything", it's the triggers. There are triggers everywhere. The only thing one can really do is to get nicotine patches and decrease in the use of them little by little and even that it going to be hard.

--------------------
Team (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yamper
post May 18 2012, 10:01 AM
Post #57

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Deadchu @ May 18 2012, 03:40 PM) *
What pisses me off is that some people tell people to stop smoking as if it were that easy. Some people clearly hasn't ever dealt with an addiction, or at least not as strong as cigarettes. Nicotine practically brainwashes people and get pissed at every single little thing, and there is no ignoring it either. You can't get your mind off it, because it isn't some lasting "I'm pissed at everything", it's the triggers. There are triggers everywhere. The only thing one can really do is to get nicotine patches and decrease in the use of them little by little and even that it going to be hard.

This.

I'm gonna be blunt here. I used to be a smoker. Well I still am in a way. I wasn't that addicted, but there was addiction there. Until people actually go through an addiction they won't understand how hard it is to stop. It's pretty much impossible to go from 3-4 fags a day to none for the rest of the week.

I think the bit that caused me to realise the problem was learning about the lungs in September last year. As in, not your average 14 year old explanation, I'm talking a 17-18 year old deep explanation. Scared me a lot. I still have the odd one here and there (cutting down a lot to almost none), haven't had one in... 2 weeks or so now? Patches didn't really help, though. I just did it from my own free will.

Best thing I've ever decided to do. Although bearing in mind that my skin, teeth, fingers etc didn't really change much, nor did my clothes. I just wish people would understand how bad it is. Biggest regret starting, biggest achievement with willpower to quit.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

purple umbreon
post May 18 2012, 10:11 AM
Post #58

How is it like to have a family?
Group Icon

Member No.: 155 777

my favorite team

I don't have anything against smokers. We don't have the right to tell them to stop.
Its really difficult for them to stop because they are addicted.
I also have some sort of addiction but its a completely different one.
Another reason I don't mind so much is because my father smokes.

--------------------

Click to see my gallery

other stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reyo
post May 19 2012, 12:29 AM
Post #59

Group Icon

space team

As I've most likely stated before, like any habit/hobby/activity/whathaveyou smoking is just one of those things where it's perfectly fine as long as you're not a dick about it. The main thing with smoking, though, is that it tends to be a more complicated manner just by the simple fact that second hand smoke can be so damn irritating to those who don't smoke. I respect anyone's decision to smoke as long as those same "anyone"s also respect my decision not to smoke. I dislike cigarette smoke, much like the rest of everyone who doesn't smoke. There's a reason you can't do it in what feels like most situations. As long as you're not an obnoxious dick about it I don't really care.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yuno Gasai
post Jun 7 2012, 05:26 AM
Post #60

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 547

Active Squad

Being a smoker myself, I disagree. I started smoking because when I was in hospital it was virtually the only way I could get outside for a bit (long story).

People can make their own choices and you're right. It is their choice. Which is why I won't smoke if I think it may bother other people. If I'm outside with someone, I'll stand downwind from them or walk behind them. If I'm around strangers in a busy street, I'll find somewhere where others are smoking, or just somewhere quieter. And although my parents probably wouldn't mind me smoking indoors, I never do it, it's just not okay IMO.

But yeah, if people want to ignore the health hazards and smoke then why the fudge not.

--------------------
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:03 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.