Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
America, what is it, and what do it do?, A place to tell the U.S.A. what they're doing wrong.
Lord Raven
post Mar 1 2012, 08:43 PM
Post #21

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

moving all this "iq/age" shit to a new thread, cause IQ can make a new thread by itself. Until then, back to America.

This thread shouldn't be in the ranting zone anyway.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

jayrachi
post Mar 2 2012, 01:43 AM
Post #22

Janitor
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 133 427

wat

QUOTE(Jo Calderone @ Feb 27 2012, 04:49 PM) *
What?

Seriously, what's wrong with America? Lets first say whats wrong with every other country in this worlds, cause I think they more-or-less have the same issues. People only see America tho, and not the rest of the world. Im not an American citizen or anything, which is exactly why I think people should stop being so focused on the America like it's the center of all problems and the center of the world. Sure, it is one of the strongest forces on this planet, but actually focusing so much on it makes it be one. And that is a problem, problem of the world. There's so much alternative exits and solutions but people only see The United States.
No offense to any Americans, because I know lovely people who leave there, just letting out a common prejudice and stereotypes about America, other than the bad ones.

America essentially manages to get into every world problem nowadays, and it's really a bother. Our economy is getting mess up, the whole world gets brought down some too due to our market. America is the most influential nation in the world today. Not saying I support everything the country does, not by a long shot, no.

QUOTE(Mr Nerd @ Feb 27 2012, 10:22 PM) *
1)Syria: The issue is brought up, and Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum basically say "LET'S BOMB IRAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Well UN wouldn't stop us, I'd imagine.

2)NYPD outside of NYC: What do we have the FBI for? And just because the people that they are monitoring are Muslims? Wow...

A pretty ridiculous statement to make, especially by police. (If I'm understanding this correctly). But I'm pretty sure our government will be prejudiced against Muslims for years to come.

3) Women's birth rights: GEEZ!!!!!!!! Get an all-female panel to talk about it, not all guys!

BUT WIMMENS TAKING IMPORTANT ROLES? THAT WON'T DO IN AN EXTREME RIGHT-WING AMERICA.

4)(not really an issue) The 2012 Republican nomination race: There were only plans A, B, and C. A and B failed. C is 2016. I think that's enough to get an idea.

Not quite sure what you're trying to say here, but all of the possible candidates for the next president look pretty bad. If I were able to vote this year I'd probably vote for Vermin Supreme just for fun, since we're screwed either way.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Mar 5 2012, 12:45 AM
Post #23

A New Era
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 28

Active Squad

One of America's problems is that half the people don't realize that this isn't a theocracy; that there is nothing inherently good about traditionalism; that anti-intellectualism is not beneficial. Most of the social problems that I can think of directly relate to at least one of those three, although they're really all the same.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Calming Madman
post Apr 1 2012, 12:48 PM
Post #24

FINISH HIM.
Group Icon

Member No.: 131 527

3rd Street Saints

Well if you look at it, He's got a point. As a American we have flaws. These flaws can be fixed, I'm not saying we are perfect but look at other countries. Most countries barely have freedom,homes,food on the table,and getting a education.

--------------------

Credit to cycloneblaze and NegativeDiamond.

I used to be a adventurer like you, until I took a arrow to the knee.
+Quote Post

Sharkosaurus
post Apr 1 2012, 09:27 PM
Post #25

Gentleman Bastard
Group Icon

Member No.: 93 071

smogon ban genies pls

I'm from the Philippines, and I don't know much about the problems of the USA. So, I'm, sorry if I'm wrong or I don't make sense. XD

They should stop giving the corpulent people those damned mobile cart thingies. I mean, jeez, give them some exercise. dry.gif

What the hell is with their homophobia? You call it a free country and these guys don't get their freedom of marriage?

Fuck its society. I've heard they've got loads of sluts and spoiled brats like these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90HhZ-pyC2Y Possibly, other countries have these kinds of brats as well. However, I've heard most of these brats dwell in America.

Also, I've heard only about 55 percent of Americans know that the sun is a star. I have no idea how to solve that. XD

I think what it needs is this movie, or the real thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul4CZrnEFxU

--------------------
ayy
+Quote Post

NiteFrites
post Apr 11 2012, 09:08 AM
Post #26

The lovely bone that grew around me...
Group Icon

Member No.: 162 052

The Lovely Bones...

America needs to pick better presidents that don't use up all of our money! And we pick very s***** presidents. No offense to Barack Obama, but please! You really think people pick you because they thought you were going to be a great president? Nope!Think again! They only chose you because you would be the first black president in history.!Well, at least history happened, right worried.gif ! I also think that they need to take the 2-year pay raise freeze off!Don't they see that our country is suffering greatly? Well, America NEEDS to shut the FRONT DOOR!

Plus, I'm tired of seeing my mom sad because of the freeze crying.gif

This post has been edited by NiteFrites: Apr 11 2012, 09:09 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

The Unholy Diver
post Aug 24 2012, 12:49 AM
Post #27

The asteriotypical one
Group Icon

From: The wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell
Member No.: 161 989

Z's Team (so far)

QUOTE(The Hunger Games @ Apr 1 2012, 10:48 AM) *
Most countries barely have freedom,homes,food on the table,and getting a education.

-_-2.gif do you think us americans are getting an education? we are nearly the lowest country ranked for education
V that

QUOTE(Wings of Sorrow @ Apr 1 2012, 07:27 PM) *
Also, I've heard only about 55 percent of Americans know that the sun is a star. I have no idea how to solve that. XD

^it's stuff like that why i feel embarrased to be an american...

QUOTE(NiteFrites @ Apr 11 2012, 07:08 AM) *
America needs to pick better presidents that don't use up all of our money! And we pick very s***** presidents.

PREECH, MY BROTHER!
but yes, this is exactly what can fix alot of america's problems!
There should be no politicians, because all politicians do this for is for the money, and they only have the position for so much time, so they are reduced to corruption just for a quick buck, and they also do it for power, but they loose all of their power after so long, and really don't realize that if they're really great, they still have power after their term is over. I guarentee that if John F. Kenedy was still alive, there would be millions of people who would support him for almost any cause, even after he was president.
They should elect actual people as president or senators or congres etc etc etc..... because theese politicians aren't working to better america at all, i personally don't beleive that they're worthy of power at all. nothing personal, but i just think that people should be able to run for president without needing millions of dollars to advertise themselves. We need people who will actually do their job and focus ONLY on running our contry, and not only set up 90% of their speeches just for votes..

--------------------
Thanks to the mobile site, I'm back on gpx!

I CAN CLICK BACK NOW

credit (click to show)
+Quote Post

DaemonicFae
post Aug 24 2012, 07:21 PM
Post #28

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 127 144

Active Squad

Our education is shit, basically babysitting combined with brainwashing, and I think this is the root of a lot of problems. The number of people who seriously don't know how pregnancy, STDs, mental illness, physical illness, or human anatomy in general works at all is fucking scary. We're ranked the lowest, of developed countries, in a lot of things. The sad part is that it's pretty much completely preventable, and people are buttmad about the solutions because it involves helping people and not letting rich people do whatever they want at everyone else's expense.

The conservative party has become a joke, and everyone in it just needs to stop. Sit down, shut up, pick up a book or something, and deal with the fact that the world will not and can not function properly exactly the way they (or anyone, really) wants it.

I love this country, but the direction it's going is just... No.
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Aug 24 2012, 11:31 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

Active Squad

Some places are advancing in terms of education, some places either are regressing or stay in their own little world. For a bunch of things, it's difficult to say it applies to every part of this country.

--------------------
+Quote Post

DaemonicFae
post Aug 25 2012, 03:29 PM
Post #30

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 127 144

Active Squad

QUOTE(Lord Raven @ Aug 25 2012, 12:31 AM) *
Some places are advancing in terms of education, some places either are regressing or stay in their own little world. For a bunch of things, it's difficult to say it applies to every part of this country.

It really applies to a lot of it, especially comparing it to other first world countries.
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Aug 26 2012, 02:24 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

Active Squad

I don't think America's regressing in the sense that you're thinking of it. I think America's just stuck in an infinite loop and lacks progression because people are so damn resistant to it. There is progression, but it's relatively slow.

Besides, private schools are more brainwashing than public schools if anything. Public schools from my experience isn't much brainwashing, either that or I go to school in a very good area. Most of my graduating class, at least 90-95%, went onto further education of some sort. Anywhere from community college to university (nothing wrong with community college). America is far better off than people think, just some media sensationalizing and stuff that sorta blows.

Adding to that, school is really fucking expensive these days. It's hard to be progressive when most people can't afford it. There's only so much scholarship money to go around, and there's only so much merit you can have before luck begins to take over. Capitalism is luck based and Americans are too stuck in that mindset for any progression to occur. So any sort of regression you're seeing isn't regression so much as very slow progression.

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Unholy Diver
post Oct 10 2013, 09:48 PM
Post #32

The asteriotypical one
Group Icon

From: The wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell
Member No.: 161 989

Z's Team (so far)

QUOTE(Lord Raven @ Aug 26 2012, 12:24 AM) *
So any sort of regression you're seeing isn't regression so much as very slow progression.

You make a good point, but what about the $16 trillion that we are in debt? Or the $1billion more debt we get daily? Or the partial shutdown because of ONE healthcare bill? I wouldn't exactly call that progression.

Whatever happened to negotiation? That's what the multiparty system was supposed to call for. They're supposed to reach a comprimise, not a friggen standstill. Both parties are too damn obstinate and narrow-minded to be able to see the other side of things, and the whole country is hurting from it.
Whatever happened to leaders who thought only of the good of the people? Now all they think about is themselves and getting those votes.
Honestly, our country is screwed up because of us as a nation. There's not a damn that the individual can do to fix it, either. If we were to truly want to fix it, we'd come together as a nation to fix our problems. However, most people who do try to fix this country can't comprimise, and that's what's going wrong. Our own government can't reach a middle path solution, so now we as a nation must suffer, because of the, dare I say arrogent, views of congres and the president.

--------------------
Thanks to the mobile site, I'm back on gpx!

I CAN CLICK BACK NOW

credit (click to show)
+Quote Post

jayrachi
post Oct 10 2013, 09:56 PM
Post #33

Janitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 133 427

wat

QUOTE(Zer0hundred @ Oct 10 2013, 10:48 PM) *
QUOTE(Lord Raven @ Aug 26 2012, 12:24 AM) *
So any sort of regression you're seeing isn't regression so much as very slow progression.

You make a good point, but what about the $16 trillion that we are in debt? Or the $1billion more debt we get daily? Or the partial shutdown because of ONE healthcare bill? I wouldn't exactly call that progression.

Whatever happened to negotiation? That's what the multiparty system was supposed to call for. They're supposed to reach a comprimise, not a friggen standstill.

The problem is that people are more Republican or Democrat than they are American.

George Washington did not want political parties for this very reason, I believe.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Oct 14 2013, 01:47 AM
Post #34

Group Icon

Active Squad

I'd love a multiparty system. But it's a bipartisan system where everything is dichotomous.

My point had a lot to do with social progression, definitely not economical.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 09:33 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.