Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dirty Minds, Giggity, giggity, goo
Sharkosaurus
post Mar 20 2012, 06:35 AM
Post #1

Gentleman Bastard
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 93 071

smogon ban genies pls

I often hear people say the word "pervert" as if there's something wrong with it. It's an adjective that describes some (If not many) men and women. So I ask your opinion.
Do you think a dirty mind is wrong, immoral, and bad?

I, as a pervy person myself, find nothing wrong with having a dirty mind. Sure, I like all those pervy things, but that doesn't mean I build my life around it. I believe it's just part of our character. Like being a good guy or a scumbag for example.

Edit:
Although I do agree what was said below. Some people really do take it too far and it gets annoying too. irritated.gif

This post has been edited by Wings of Sorrow: Mar 20 2012, 08:18 AM

--------------------
ayy
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Mar 20 2012, 06:56 AM
Post #2

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

I don't think it's "omfg horriblez", but it gets annoying when a person points out an innuendo in every single sentence uttered and will not let up. Sure, it's funny the first few times, but after that, it's annoying.

I've met some people that had perversion as their main schtick and it was funny at first, but became less and less so as it turned out that they had no other aspects to their personality. They became extremely predictable and boring, so I ended up stopping hanging around them.

The key to it all is timing. Don't exhaust all your jokes in one sitting and, for heaven's sake, make sure you can talk about at least one or two other things as a sign that you're still human.

Nobody is any less of a person for finding sex funny. (Heck, I'm screwed if that's true. I have a dark sense of humor.) People just need to know when they're blurring the line between "quick-witted sex fan" and "dick joke spambot".

--------------------
+Quote Post

Slendii
post Mar 20 2012, 07:11 AM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 144 780

Active Squad

It's not anything like "wtf u perv" or "omg u shuld have a perv mind too". I find it immoral. May I also mention if you ARE a pervert, don't spam perverted jokes and you should probably crack one or two simple jokes that everyone might get a giggle out of, to at least show your mostly a human and not a bot. iirc, I've had friends like this (it went from bad to worse to okay to horrible), as they would not stop whatsoever, eventually I stopped talking to them in chat rooms or forums.

And may I mention, I don't say that many pervy things in my posts. I don't create posts thinking "Pervert-Post ftw". I might have made one or two slightly perverted jokes in my time, but thats pretty much come to a stop. Because otherwise, I'll either be called a fun member to be around or a warned one.

--------------------
SLENDER MAN COMETH

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Mar 20 2012, 07:29 AM
Post #4

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Well the whole idea of "Perversion" can be a bit broader than having a "dirty mind." Perversion just sums up to describing the concept of human behaviour that is excessive or deviated from what is considered orthodox or normal.

Usually referred to as "dirty mindedness" as it's mostly abnormal, repulsive and obsessive, which is where you're coming from. I just wanted to clear that up first.

---

Personally, I think there's a big thick line between what can be considered a joke and what can be considered a perverted mind. The constant use of innudendos, bringing up various sexual related content and using it towards trying to make people 'laugh' is really what I call unacceptable.

The now and then dirty joke I don't mind. I mean, we all make them, right? No-one can really say they've never told a dirty joke, or laugh at the number '69'. But like I stated earlier, when it's turning repulsive and the novelty of the joke has worn off it's not... right.

There's a definite line between what's right and wrong. It's not like it's hard to see. There are times and moments when it's right and some people just don't know when to stop. This is also what I don't see as right. I'm not saying people have to stay on the right side of the "line", but it's not that hard to comprehend the right things to say in the situation.

It kinda tells a lot about a person. Personally I see it as a lack of social ability which affects their self esteem and personality overall. I have a friend in real life that constantly makes innuendos or laughs at various phrases. In maths before I dropped it last week, he would make various sexual comments, giggle at 69's etc. It's just incredibly immature. Needless to say he doesn't really have much of a social life. Albeit he's not a generally well liked person in school. People just get tired of it all, and to be honest I don't blame them. He's one of those people who are constantly looking over their shoulder, trying to get really close to people but it just pushes them away.

It's all he ever talks about. However, making the odd reference to something or the giggle here and there I don't see a problem with. After all, everyone would be boring if no-one laughed at silly things like that, right?

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Ryuko
post Mar 20 2012, 07:36 AM
Post #5

Scarlet
Group Icon

Member No.: 83 356

Heaven's Wheel

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I don't have a dirty mind, and I honestly wish I could have a decent conversation without some idiot twisting my words, and attempting to make me appear a fool. The last person who did, (which infanct was today) ended up with my fist in their face.

It is fine to an extent, but I personally don't find any sexual references funny in any way.

--------------------

"Violence, Lust and Betrayal"
And so is the Golden City blackened with each step you take in my Hall. Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven and doom upon all the world.
-Threnodies 8:13

signature image too large; removed

~ Raven
+Quote Post

Sharkosaurus
post Mar 20 2012, 07:42 AM
Post #6

Gentleman Bastard
Group Icon

smogon ban genies pls

QUOTE(Starships @ Mar 20 2012, 07:29 AM) *
The now and then dirty joke I don't mind. I mean, we all make them, right? No-one can really say they've never told a dirty joke, or laugh at the number '69'. But like I stated earlier, when it's turning repulsive and the novelty of the joke has worn off it's not... right.

There's a definite line between what's right and wrong. It's not like it's hard to see. There are times and moments when it's right and some people just don't know when to stop. This is also what I don't see as right. I'm not saying people have to stay on the right side of the "line", but it's not that hard to comprehend the right things to say in the situation.

As a pervy person myself. I agree that too much dirty jokes get annoying. I like hearing and making dirty jokes, but I don't do it all the time.
I really dislike people who abuse perverted jokes. It gives me, a tame perverted person, a bad reputation. irritated.gif

--------------------
ayy
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Mar 20 2012, 07:52 AM
Post #7

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Marian Hawke @ Mar 20 2012, 12:36 PM) *
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I don't have a dirty mind, and I honestly wish I could have a decent conversation without some idiot twisting my words, and attempting to make me appear a fool. The last person who did, (which infanct was today) ended up with my fist in their face.

It is fine to an extent, but I personally don't find any sexual references funny in any way.

There's only a few people I can actually have decent conversations with... out of all of the group I'm in, there's about 3-4 I actually enjoy talking to. Because they don't make stupid childish references.

Like you said, it's fine to an extent but then there's that line which is deemed acceptable and what isn't.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Sharkosaurus
post Mar 20 2012, 08:17 AM
Post #8

Gentleman Bastard
Group Icon

smogon ban genies pls

I would also like to note that some pervy people also take it too far.
Like some in my classroom actually bring "sexy" type of magazines at school. One of my VERY pervy friends did "something" to me. Eww.

This post has been edited by Wings of Sorrow: Mar 22 2012, 04:14 AM

--------------------
ayy
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Mar 20 2012, 08:30 AM
Post #9

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

QUOTE(Wings of Sorrow @ Mar 20 2012, 06:35 AM) *
Do you think a dirty mind is wrong, immoral, and bad?

If you`re not hurting anyone, you`re behaving yourself, then having a Dirty Mind is okay in my book. Even if you`re thinking about infected vaginas or whatever.

Oh, but what if you are not behaving yourself? What if all you talk about is sexual related topics? Well, that`s annoying. That`s really all I have to say.

This post has been edited by Dazmi: Mar 20 2012, 12:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Unholy Diver
post May 7 2012, 08:00 PM
Post #10

The asteriotypical one
Group Icon

From: The wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell
Member No.: 161 989

Z's Team (so far)

I probably have the dirtiest mind in the world, but i hate when people extrencisize it(make it external). i'm always saying something doesn't sound right but i can hold it in if i need to. It is fine to be prverted as long as it doesn't go to far.

--------------------
Thanks to the mobile site, I'm back on gpx!

I CAN CLICK BACK NOW

credit (click to show)
+Quote Post

Dmitri
post May 7 2012, 09:14 PM
Post #11

Lecherous Demon
Group Icon

Member No.: 155 791

Team Scourge

If done too much, it can be annoying, but it doesn't make you a bad person. :T

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post May 7 2012, 10:50 PM
Post #12

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

everyone's a pervert, even the very pure

how else would we know how to reproduce

--------------------
+Quote Post

Spinelli
post May 8 2012, 10:08 AM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 157 472

Active Squad

I have a dirty mind, and I do think that sexual references/dirty jokes are funny when it's appropriate. I just can't stand when I have to hear them whether or not I want to, and especially when I'm trying to have a conversation with someone and either they or some uninvolved person decides to make what I'm saying into something it wasn't meant as. Some people are starting to lose recognition for any other kind of humor, really, and it's sad. noes.gif
+Quote Post

Kewldop
post Nov 30 2012, 09:47 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 109 852

Active Squad

QUOTE(Spinelli @ May 8 2012, 11:08 AM) *
I have a dirty mind, and I do think that sexual references/dirty jokes are funny when it's appropriate. I just can't stand when I have to hear them whether or not I want to, and especially when I'm trying to have a conversation with someone and either they or some uninvolved person decides to make what I'm saying into something it wasn't meant as. Some people are starting to lose recognition for any other kind of humor, really, and it's sad. noes.gif

I do agree with what you are saying. And some people that you are talking to might not think dirty jokes are funny which makes it awkward lol.
+Quote Post

nitrodog96
post Dec 12 2012, 06:17 PM
Post #15

bewm
Group Icon

From: In a burning ring of fire, channeling the power of the flames.
Member No.: 61 870

Platinum Team

I completely agree with you on the fact that it is not wrong, but I still feel weird when someone says something like "He's a girl." and someone else says "How would you know that?"... Heh heh. Giggity. Heh.

--------------------
I used to be Cyogre, ILoveTaillowHesCute, TaillowIsCuteAndCool, Tart Spop, Tartius Spopius, Tartii, King of the Eevees and MasteroftheFlames. If you know me under any of those names, yeah, that's me.

In-Game Teams (click to show)

Hoping to get Social Networking! I'd really appreciate an add.

Arcanine! (click to show)

Miscellaneous (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

SoSweet
post Dec 29 2012, 05:34 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 26 468

Active Squad

No, I don't think it's wrong to be perverted. However, if being a pervert leads you into doing some crazy stuff, then that's when stuff gets out of hand.

--------------------
Warm my eggs please? I'll warm your's!

+Quote Post

ccelestialGlitch
post Jan 8 2013, 06:45 PM
Post #17

among us logic isnt dead
Group Icon

Member No.: 101 076

Favs

I myself am also really perverted. Sometimes, out of random, i may just pop up with perverted words and jokes. Like, someone says something and if it's able to be thought in the wrong context, like my niece may talk about hot dogs(the wiener and bun) I found it in the perverted way, and she somehow did not. I hold back my perverted thoughts until it comes to my art, i then begin to draw perverted things sometimes. Mostly at night.

Being perverted isn't bad. It's just a little hard to contain a lot of it xD

--------------------
Meh.
+Quote Post

BLACKFOX
post Jan 8 2013, 07:39 PM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 187 896

Active Squad

It really depends on the people you're talking to. An example of what I mean is, I've found out that one person could think a "noob" as someone who acts childish while another thinks a noob is someone who spam kills others (as in some game, an example Pokemon Arena X).

Well besides that, I would like to have a normal conversation with some people without them morphing it into something utterly disgusting. Yes, everyone cracks a dirty joke every now and then, but if used to much they could get a bad reputation for themselves. As for your "rep", it's only gotten from other "pervy" people. Judging someone from what the others of, let's just say, "kind" is really being a stereo type. I think there really is a imaginary "meter" to how far one can go with these jokes. -w-" In other words, people shouldn't judge stereo types.

To sum this all up, everyone is a "perv" from something they have doneor have said, like what's been said. It's not bad if you don't crack those dirty jokes everywhere you go, but you can say one every now and then. Don't take this joking to far and you should be ok.

-I'm the type of person that doesn't really care about anything in a person. You can from any country and I still don't mind. Everyone is a person to me, no matter what their beliefs are. ^w^" Except the first sentence of the second paragraph, that's when someone just gets annoying. >.>

--------------------

Hiya~ *Random Moment* -A Random Extended Siggy~ (click to show)
Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

yonigle
post Jan 11 2013, 12:44 AM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 188 171

Active Squad

I really enjoyed reading all the replies. I have a quite dirty mind myself, so my opinion would be biased.

--------------------
+Quote Post

xXxTheUnknownxXx
post Jan 14 2013, 02:25 AM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 187 690

The Covert Team

QUOTE(Mercenary Raven @ May 7 2012, 10:50 PM) *
everyone's a pervert, even the very pure

how else would we know how to reproduce

I totally agree to that no matter how pious you are knowing these kind of stuff is inevitable..
Here's my opinion,being dirty minded is rather normal but a perv who skit up girls skirt is unacceptable
the lewdness need to have a line that cannot be crossed.
The important part is being civilized even with that kind of thinking

--------------------

I AM AIPOM.FEAR ME
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:38 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.