Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
In the Jungle, the Mighty Jungle, The Lion Sleeps tonight
Captain Combuske...
post Jun 13 2010, 05:06 AM
Post #21

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10 944

Zack Aiza's Team

"I like your Pidgey, dude!" said Alex, smiling at Aero pecked him curiously. Alex then went on to answer Tyson's question.
"I still can't believe I'm like, the youngest out of us three and I'm regarded as the leader!" he exclaimed "Anyway, tomorrow evening, we'll get into Fidona. We sleep the night in the Pokemon center, and then in the morning you and I shall take on the Gym. Then whatever happens, we go watch Tom's Co-ordinators' contest thing. Then we go visit the famous ruins, before going on a little walk through the forest."
"Alex, you sure the walk on the forest's a good idea?" asked Tom.
"Yeah? Why wouldn't it be?" replied the 14 year old.
"Well, um... never mind."

Alex sat and closed his eyes, thinking. His first Gym was coming up. He knew from many people what type it was; Water/Fighting. He'd Use Stryk, Treecky and Leo.
It'll be fine, you'll see, he thought to himself as he felt his nerves starting to build. This point of his life important to him; it would determine how good a trainer he was, if he could just beat the Gym leader. He was thinking up mad battle strategies in his head, his mind working as fast as a bullet. What would he do here? And what if that happened. Alex was determined to achieve greatness.

Tom Hawk, meanwhile, was doing similar things in his head, thinking silently about his co-ordinators' contest. He'd use Rose, he knew that, and probably Rai. He tried to think of clever battle strategies, but at the moment, he was just psyching himself up. Getting ready, for two days time.

This post has been edited by Proby: Sep 15 2010, 02:34 AM

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Protoman
post Jun 13 2010, 04:19 PM
Post #22

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 39 890

Uprising Pokemon

"Sounds cool man," Tyson said before receiving a surge of pain rush through his skull. In complete pain, he gripped his head, preventing himself from screaming. Blaze, Hydro, and Aero all looked at him, hoping he was going to be alright. Tyson rushed back to his quarters, knocking the door open and collapsing onto his bed in pain. With his head throbbing and making him weak, Tyson slowly fell into an unconscious state within his bed. Darkness surrounded Tyson, causing him to panic at first. He then calmed down, looking around him as the scenery began coming back. However, he was not on the ship, but in Fidona, standing face to face with the Gym Leader and with Aero flapping above.

With a wide grin, Tyson was about to give a command to Aero, but the scenery turned dark once more. Within a blink of his eyes, he saw the outside parts of the ruins, and was standing next to Tikal and Alex. Without another word, all three of them began walking into the ruins, where everything turned dark once more. He then saw himself holding four Poke Balls instead of three, making little to no sense as to what that meant. Shortly afterwards, a white flash of light blinded Tyson, allowing him to be awakened by Blaze, Hydro, and Aero. With his eyes squinted, Tyson looked at his team, happy with the development he had seen.

Finally, with the pain gone, Tyson went back to his friends, sitting down in a beach chair near Tikal and the others. Hydro, Blaze, and Aero all scampered out, ready to play with the others in whatever game they were willing to play.

"Hey you guys," Blaze said, smiling rather widely, "Let's play tag!"

"No way," Hydro said to his friend, "You guys are gonna do that by yourselves."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Captain Combuske...
post Jun 14 2010, 10:16 AM
Post #23

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Zack Aiza's Team

Alex had hated it when this had happened before. He hated it now. He hated the fact that Tyson was in writhing agony. He hated it that Tyson said he couldn't be cured. Most of all, he hated the fact that he was helpless. He couldn't do a thing. And that scared him. The fear of the unknown...
---
Tom Hawk recognized Tyson's pain straight away. His mother. His mum had the same thing. He couldn't remember, but the doctor had called it something like "Cerebral Time Jump." Then he had turned to Tom and said:
"Basically, kid, it means your mum can see the future. Glimpses of it. From time to time."
Tom had remembered being really happy and proud.

Then his memory shifted again. a time when his mum and dad, a now-divorced couple, were arguing.
"... about Tom?"
"No, he can't."
"Dr. Siccus said it could be passed down to the child!"
"Exactly. COULD. Probably not."
"If he does have visions like me, he's in trouble..."

Tom knew that the CTJ as it was called could strike at any point in your life, it just hadn't affected him yet. And he was glad for that.
---
Alex, Tyson, Tom and Tikal sat in Tikal and Tyson's room, talking about Pokemon, for the remainder of the day. Alex and Tom then went to their room to sleep. For a fresh start the next day.
---
The next morning, Alex' eyes snapped open to the yelling of a sailor.
"ARGH! 'Elp!" bellowed the man.
Alex rushed to his clothes.

This post has been edited by Alex Slasher: Jun 15 2010, 07:39 AM

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
+Quote Post

rt117
post Jun 14 2010, 03:56 PM
Post #24

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 52 812

PANE Team

The moment Tyson bolted out of the room, Tikal got to her feet and quickly followed him. She had only seen this happen a few times, but it still scared her as she was completely unaware of anything he could be going through. When he blacked out, she stayed by his side for several minutes, trying to make sure he could be as comfortable as possible. When she found herself to be of no more use, she left him with his Pokemon before going back to meet the others.

Her heart was heavy as she slumped down in one of the chairs, staring at the door as she waited for Tyson to wake up and come meet up with them once more. The moment the door had begun to open she leaped from her seat, racing to the door and nearly tackling Tyson, though soon regretted doing so as she realized he could be feeling weak as a side effect. As the day came to a close and everyone went back to their own cabins, Tikal recalled her Pokemon and helped Tyson back into their room, the excitement of the day having worn her out fairly quickly.

--------------------

Click above to go to the Party!
PANE RP Character profile: Tikal Faylen: @ lv. 18 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 18
Uprising RP Character profile: Sera Taisa: @ lv. 20 : @ lv. 18 : @ lv. 18
PANE Character Progress- - - - - - - - - - - Tikal Faylen - Furoh Wiki
Uprising Character Progress- - - - - - - - - - - Sera Taisa - Uprising Wiki
+Quote Post

Protoman
post Jun 14 2010, 08:29 PM
Post #25

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Uprising Pokemon

After hearing the bellowing of an apparently burly man, Tyson's eyes snapped open. He saw Blaze at the end of the bed, rubbing his head lightly, which somehow woke him up. Tyson simply shook his head, smiling at how the Cyndaquil sniffed and yawned lightly at his awakening. He started to go and nudge Tikal, but was stopped by Tyson.

"Let her sleep," Tyson whispered to his best friend. Blaze nodded and lightly yawned again, flames licking all over his face and mouth as he released small puffs of smoke. After hopping down the bed and landing silently, Blaze began to follow Tyson to the deck, where Alex and Tom were already present. "Ah, glad to see you made it," Tyson said smiling. His face soon turned back serious, meaning he heard what had happened as well. "So who was it? I'm ready to start training here."

--------------------
+Quote Post

rt117
post Jun 15 2010, 07:14 PM
Post #26

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Team

Tikal yawned as she rolled over, a sudden cry causing her to awaken. It wasn't the shout from above that woke her up, but a more high pitched muffle to her side. Springing up from the bed and onto her feet, she found that the source of the noise had been from the unfortunate Igglybuff, whom she had accidentally rolled onto in her sleep.
"I'm so sorry..." Tikal frowned, kneeling by the bed and gently picking up her Igglybuff, who looked rather upset with the turn of events. However a few berries later, and the Pokemon was back to her cheery self.

After getting her Pokemon taken care of, Tikal glanced around the room to find Tyson and Blaze long gone from the room. "Strange, I wonder where they went off to without me." she spoke to herself. Normally if something happened then she would expect Tyson to at least leave a note, but searching the room revealed none. She collected her Pokemon and some of her other belongings before taking off out of the cabin to go look for them on deck. If they were about to do something exciting again, then she would hate to get left out of the fun.

--------------------

PANE RP Character profile: Tikal Faylen: @ lv. 18 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 18
+Quote Post

Captain Combuske...
post Jun 17 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #27

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Zack Aiza's Team

Alex's clothes were on in an instant. He. Quickly scooped up his bag, racing for the decks. He picked up a Pokeball. He didn't care who it was; if someone needed help, any of them would be good. He ran as fast as he could, eventually making it to the deck.
He looked around, looking for the source of the noise. This included looking back, where he saw Tom following close behind. Alex kept looking but couldn't see anything. Moments later, Tyson barged through the door, before smiling and saying "Ah, glad to see you made it." then his face turned to a serious frown, and he looked at Alex and asked
"So who was it? I'm ready to start training here."
"I honestly couldn't tell you." replied Alex, a concerned look on his face.
"Well I can!" exclaimed Tom, who was pointing and looking up. Alex followed Tom finger to where he was pointing. There, at the top of the mast, was a man. He was being pecked at by a Murkrow.
"Help me, ARGH! Please!" shouted the man.
"What's a Murkrow doing on a boat in the middle of the ocean?" Asked Alex.
"We're about to find out," said Tom, picking a Pokeball from his belt "Go, Rai!"
"Ok Then. Let's go all out Electric!" exclaimed Alex. "Out you come, Leo!"
The little Lion Cub and Electric Mouse Pokemon each came out, and both started growling at eachother, obviously still feeling sour from their battle the day earlier.
"Leo, calm down! It's just Tom's Pikachu." said Alex. Leo seemed to acknowledge this, and went up to Rai, and the pair started to speak to one another.
"Shi-Shi! Shinx!" cried Leo.
"Pikapika!" replied Rai. Alex really wished he could understand Pokemon.
---
Leo was actually just saying hello, with Rai replying with the same courtesy.
"So, you Rai huh? How long you been with Tom?" asked Leo.
"I used to be a Pichu you know," replied Rai, seeming to ignore the question "None of Alex' Pokemon have evolved yet, have they? Tom had two evolved Pokemon. Anyway, I was Tom's starter Pokemon."
"Evolution!" exclaimed the Shinx. "What's it like. I heard it can be really scary but cool at the same time."
"I didn't lose much. I stayed cute, and my colours changed to a darker yellow, and I grew a bit, and I got stronger. You really can feel the Power difference. It's not too bad though."
"You know, I thought you were a real jerk when I first met you. You're OK though."
"You're not bad either, kid."
---
Once the two Pokemon's conversation had finished, Alex and Tom asked their Pokemon to deal with the Murkow. Each sent a powerful electric attack to it, and it froze, the volts of electricity whizzing through it. It comically then dropped to the floor, its body smoking a little from the sheer power.
The man, surprised, then dropped down from the low mast, and walked up to Alex and the others from the group, which now included Tikal, who Alex hadn't seen join them.
"Thanks!" he said "That Murkrow was trying to steal my gold necklace. My name's Harry, I'm one of the Sailors."
"It's no big deal, dude." said Alex.
"Follow me, I'll get your breakfast." said the sailor.

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
+Quote Post

Protoman
post Jun 18 2010, 07:27 AM
Post #28

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Uprising Pokemon

"Sweet," Tyson exclaimed, rubbing his stomach in a hungry manner, "my favorite meal of the day, and I get it for being present." Blaze, who was also hungry, rubbed his belly with his forepaws, imitating Tyson entirely. Tyson then looked at Alex and Tom, then at Leo and Rai. "It looks like they're good friends," Tyson said, smiling widely, "but I wonder if Blaze can make friends with them?" Without another word, Blaze began to wander to both of the electric type Pokemon.

"Hey guys," Blaze said as he formally introduced himself to both Pokemon, "my name is Blaze. What's yours?" Not only was Blaze Tyson's first, but he was also one of the friendliest Pokemon in Tyson's party. Aero was also friendly, but he had a bad attitude towards Hydro. Hydro, on the other hand, has a major attitude problem and is mean to almost all other Pokemon. The only Pokemon that he isn't mean to are fellow water types and Blaze.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Captain Combuske...
post Jun 22 2010, 07:39 AM
Post #29

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Zack Aiza's Team

Alex started to laugh at Tyson.
"Dude, breakfast for me is NOT the best meal of the day. It's important, sure, but lunch is WAY better. Mmm, I can taste the Doritos already..."
"Typical Alex. We just saved a guy from severe Murkrow pecking, and all he can think about is food!" exclaimed Tom. Alex playfully punched him on the arm. Bith boys continued teasing eachother until they got to the food room, where the Sailor who Alex and Tom had helped got out some eggs, bacon, and sausages, as well as soime white bread which he began to toast.
"Mmm, full english. Dude, you got any veggie sausages and Tomatoes to grill?" asked Alex.
"Uh-huh. I'll just go get them." said the sailor. He went into a small cupboard and took out a pack of Quorn sausages, and began frying them in a separate frying pan.
While this was going on, Alex and Tom let out all their Pokemon, and Alex prepared a meal for them all, Tom helping him. The bird Pokemon, Stryk, Tweet and Blaze, got a spicy bird seed and Tomato cake each, which they began eating hapily. Then, for the water Pokemon, Alex prepared some interesting sweeet sushi, which he knew that Swamps loved. The grass Pokemon got a very plain rice cake each. The electric Pokemon, Rai and Leo, got a spicy berry pie.
---
Blaze was spaking to his fellow bird Pokemon.
"So, Stryk, what do you think to evolution. I'll evolve soon, and I'll be a combusken. I'll be so cool."
"I'll be a Staravia, Blazey darling. Is that cake too spicy for you?" replied Stryk.
"Stryk! Honsetly! You're like a mother hen!" exclaimed Blaze.
"I've got a while until I evolve," sighed Tweet.
"Never mind, buddy. The important thing is that you do eventually evolve and become stronger." replied Blaze.
"Still, It's a huge thing, getting huge and bigger and more powerful and cool than cute, sweet and innocent." said Swamps, coming over to join the group.
"Swamps! Hey dude. Yeah. It'll be different. But it'll be awesome."
The Pokemon kept on talking out evolution, having a friendly debate about whether it was good or bad.
---
Meanwhile, Alex was eating his full english breakfast with huge enthusiasm.
"Yum! Oh my god, this is so tasty!" he said as he ate a sausage. "If this is the prize we get for saving people, then I'm prepared to become a superhero!"
"Alex, you could never become a superhero, and you know it." said Tom, who is contrast had impecable table manners, and was cutting up a grilled tomato.
"Whatever," said Alex, who carried on, talking about other things "So, this evening, we'll roll into Fidona. What do you guys think about that?"
Now that they were talking about a serious subject, Alex began eating very sophisticatedly.

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
+Quote Post

Protoman
post Jun 22 2010, 06:06 PM
Post #30

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Uprising Pokemon

After taking a bite of his strip of bacon, Tyson looked at Alex and Tom, realizing this actually was a serious matter. Swallowing hard after hearing the subject, Tyson put his fork down and looked at the others.

"I think we should train a little while still on board this boat," Tyson said, trying to make a direct point. "We might not be ready for the Gym Leader, so that's why I say we should train." Blaze, Tyson's Cyndaquil, simply stared at him from his platter, encouraged by his trainer to give it his all. Aero, who had already made it to the other bird types, simply looked at them, waiting to get a chirp in edge wise. Hydro, who already was finished with his food, simply walked towards Tikal, stopping after seeing Nidoran in her lap. With a scowl, he went back to where he came from, sulking as he did so.

--------------------
+Quote Post

rt117
post Jun 22 2010, 07:44 PM
Post #31

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Team

As the subject came up to discussion, Tikal listened quietly the the points made. She agreed with Tyson's thinking, as any kind of practice beforehand would be good for them. However it would also mean that their Pokemon would need a good rest before battling if they wanted to keep in peak condition. The conversation at hand also brought up the idea of Tikal trying her luck with battling the resident Gym leader of their destination. It may be her only chance to get to for awhile, though with Alex leading the group, she would be sure to have more opportunities.

"Maybe I should give this Gym Battle a try as well... though I'm not sure if I'm ready or not." Tikal thought to herself, becoming lost in her thoughts. "If I'm not, then I'd only be setting up my Pokemon for a big disappointment. Maybe I should just take pictures instead."

Tikal had somewhat of a bad habit of putting herself down often. She never thought she was as great as she was at things she liked, especially battling. She had faith in her Pokemon's abilities to compete, but not in herself to guide them efficiently enough for a good battle.

At least there was more to having Pokemon than just battling, which kept her going through each day. Plus now she had Tyson by her side, who might be willing to help her train and get better. Even if he was not the world's best trainer, Tikal was certain he could give her a few pointers, so long as he didn't go easy on her when it came to a proper battle.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Captain Combuske...
post Jun 26 2010, 08:04 AM
Post #32

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Zack Aiza's Team

quick note (click to show)

"Uh-huh." said Alex, replying to Tyson's comment. "Except there's not much to train against apart from each other, and frankly, every time I try to battle someone, something goes wrong. That is, apart from yesterday."
"Excuse me?" said the sailor who'd just cooked their breakfast.
"Yes?"" asked Tom in reply.
"There's a training room downstairs. We get loads of trainers on the boat, so we recently installed a training area. All sorts of cool Pokemon down there for you to fight."
"Great!" exclaimed Alex, who'd finished his food. He quickly scooped up Blaze and beckoned his Pokemon to follow him, and he headed down to the training room.
---
The training room was a huge contrast to the rest of the boat. It was sleek, new and full of technology, and everything was pure and white.
"So, how does this thing work?" asked Alex to his Pokemon.
"Tor-tor!" said Blaze.
"That machine over there? D'you reckon?"
"Mud-Mud." said Swamps.
"Well... erm... OK." Alex went up to the machine and turned it on. On the screen he saw "Trainathon2010". Then the screen booted up.
There were three options; "Single Battle Mode" said the first. "Double battle mode" said the second. The last simply said "Training Tips." Alex pressed the double battle mode and another screen came up. This showed the 17 Pokemon types. Alex pressed Rock and Grass. Then, there was a Level range selection. Alex chose 10-15. Then, Two Pokeballs appeared on the machine. They opened, and out came a Geodude and a Roselia. They jumped to the other side of the room. Alex suddenly realized; he'd started a battle!
"Ok then... Blaze and Swamps, go!"

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
+Quote Post

Protoman
post Jul 7 2010, 06:20 PM
Post #33

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Uprising Pokemon

With a low whistle, Tyson looked at the machine compltely impresed by its design.

"Now this," Tyson saidin total astonishment, "is technology, right Tikal?" After looking her way, he noticed her not paying him any attention, causing him to simply shake his head. He looked at his three Pokemon, wondering the perfect combination for his next battle. Maybe I should use Aero, Tyson thought to himself, trying to make sure he had the right team up. him and Blaze would make a good team up...but Hydro and Aero need to work out their differences. I dunno...but I gotta make a decision.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Captain Combuske...
post Jul 8 2010, 11:42 AM
Post #34

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Zack Aiza's Team

Alex nodded at Tyson and Tikal's arrival into the Trainathon Dojo. As Tyson decided on his battle, Alex turned back to his.
The Geodude opposite punched his fists together and lifted them above his head, a rock in between. Geodude then used rock throw, and the rock hit Blaze.
Meanwhile, the Roselia opposite used Mega Drain on Swamps. the Mud fish Pokemon winced in pain but soon got back to normal again. Alex lifted his left hand and tapped once, and then his right and tapped twice. Both Pokemon nodded and both leaped into action. Well, they didn't leap, because both attacks meant they were stationary. Blaze sent out blasts of fire, using ember, and swamps spouted water rapidly, using Water Gun. Both attacks found their mark, and both Pokemon opposite were visibly hurt.

This post has been edited by Alex Slasher: Jul 9 2010, 10:20 AM

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
+Quote Post

rt117
post Jul 8 2010, 02:11 PM
Post #35

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Team

Tikal nodded slightly in response to Tyson's comment about the machine. As curious as she was to try her luck against it once Alex had finished, she was at the same time uneasy to battle it. What if she found that she wasn't as great as she hoped she was after the battle?

She pushed her worries aside and frowned visibly as she tried to think about who she could use from her own lineup. Nidoran immediately came to mind, but then again she knew he would try to take on the opponent himself. There was also Igglybuff, but she wasn't all that comfortable with the thought of the baby Pokemon fighting. That only left her with two Pokemon: Charmander and Totodile. In theory they could cover a wide variety of each others weaknesses, so the pairing didn't seem all that bad.

"I want to go next." she blurted out to Alex, two Pokeballs already in her hand.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Captain Combuske...
post Jul 9 2010, 11:40 AM
Post #36

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Zack Aiza's Team

Roselia and Geodude, however, did not faint; they stayed standing. They looked about to attack, so Alex wasted no time. He quickly issued the same orders as before, and both his Pokemon one again attacked. This time their attacks hit once more, and the opposite Pokemon turned into Pokeball gas, before returning into the pokeballs that then returned into the machine.

Alex had heard Tikal's comment, and was surprised at her willingness to fight. He nodded his head.
"It's easy to use. If you want, you could do the same types as I did; a little challenge, I think, as all Pokemon had a weakness to another. Good training, actually. But if I were you, I'd go for something easier. I'd say bug and fire. Anyway, be my guest, go ahead!"

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
+Quote Post

Protoman
post Jul 11 2010, 04:50 PM
Post #37

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Uprising Pokemon

After hearing Tikal state that she was going to the machine next, Tyson was taken aback and slightly disappointed. He scowled slightly, but smiled widely, knowing how Tikal would need the training later on if she wanted to battle against a gym leader.

"I so have to get in that machine," Tyson said, grinning slightly and looking in Alex's direction after he walked out. "How was it? Easy? Hard? However you wanted it to be?" He smiled anxiously, looking at his two Poke Balls. He had come to a final decision: Aero and Hydro would have to find a way to get along for a match or two...rather skeptical about this, Tyson didn't want to risk a battle within the group, but had no choice if he was going to battle the leader.

--------------------
+Quote Post

rt117
post Jul 11 2010, 05:27 PM
Post #38

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Team

Tikal nodded and quickly walked past Tyson and Alex towards the machine, still not quite sure if she wanted to do this, but it was better to do it now than later. Glancing over at the same screen Alex had looked at, she too selected the option for a double battle, though hesitated slightly when it came to level selection. Anything on the higher end of the 10-15 selection would probably be too challenging for her Totodile and Charmander, but anything from 5-10 could be too easy. With her finger hovering over the two options, she eventually chose the level 10-15 spectrum, deciding to go with Alex's advice.

That brought her to the next step: Type decisions. While Fire and Bug seemed like a good idea, she was not all that fond towards Bug-typed Pokemon, even though battling against one could make her more eager to get rid of it. Grass was another option, but then that would put Totodile in jeopardy due to his weakness. Steel was possible, though an opposing Pokemon with a secondary type of either Rock or Ground would defeat the purpose, and Steel types always seemed to take attacks better. That only left Ice, which was a gamble due to the number of Ice types that were also Water types. However if that was the case, then Totodile would have a slight advantage, being resistant to both.

It seemed like forever until she finally decided, selecting Fire and Ice as her opposing elements. Tikal quickly stepped back from the machine as two flashes emerged. One silhouette was of a quadruped Pokemon with a large hump, the other a bipedal Pokemon in the shape of a tree. As the light faded, the identities of the two were revealed to be a Numel and Snover. The Numel was good news, as Tikal remembered that it had two elements, both of which were weak to water. However the Snover had two elements as well, one of which while helpful for Charmander, was dangerous towards Totodile.

Pressing the buttons on her two Pokeballs, her Charmander and Totodile emerged, seeming perky and eager. Charmander blew a few sparks of flame at the Snover, while Totodile simply sprang up and down with a grin. Tikal smiled as she found that they were confident. "Don't let me down you two, give them all you got!"

--------------------

+Quote Post

Protoman
post Jul 18 2010, 08:27 AM
Post #39

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Uprising Pokemon

"Charmander and Totodile," Tyson said to himself, impressed by Tikal's choices, "really good choices. Especially considering the conditions." He looked at Alex, half hoping he'd get an answer to his question, but soon realized that wouldn't be coming any time soon. He instead decided to root for Tikal, in hopes of making her fight harder. "Let's go, Tikal! You can do it!"

--------------------
+Quote Post

rt117
post Jul 25 2010, 10:28 PM
Post #40

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Team

Tikal smiled slightly at Tyson's confident cheer, hoping that she herself could be as confident as he was. Deciding that the Snover would be the biggest threat to her duo, she decided to have the two focus on it first. "Totodile, use Leer to distract Snover!" She shouted, as Totodile narrowed his eyes as the opposing Pokemon. The moment their eyes met, the Snover was unable to help but stare back, giving Charmander to chance to strike. "Now Charmader use Ember!"

With a nod, the Lizard Pokemon opened its mouth and let loose a hail of embers directly at the Snover, landing a critical hit. However with this, the opposing Numel made a dash towards Totodile, stunning him with a Headbutt. As the Snover recovered from the Leer, a cold burst of wind filled the room as ice began to fall, pelting everyone but Snover. Tikal was forced to cover her head with her arms, only barely able to make out the Snover stretching its arms out and recovering with Synthesis.

Tikal quickly realized after the hail began how much harder it would be to focus on the one Pokemon alone, even with its present danger. As long as the Numel was fighting, it would be impossible to keep the Snover distracted long enough to knock it out.

"Alright let's try something different... Charmander use Ember again, but Totodile, use Water Gun on the Numel!" Once more Charmader's attack found its target, and so did Totodiles, but Numel's retaliation was less than pleasant. The Pokemon reared up before slamming its front legs into the ground, causing the whole room to shake. It was only fortunate that the Magnitude attack was on the weaker scale of the spectrum, though it knocked Tikal, her Pokemon, and Snover off their feet. Snover quickly jumped back up and lashed out at Totodile with Razor Leaf, throwing the Pokemon against the wall. Tikal was starting to worry as she saw that Totodile's movement was slowed. He couldn't keep this up.

Tikal started to think fast. If Numel got another good hit with Magnitude, then her Pokemon wouldn't last much longer. However from the looks of things, the Snover probably wouldn't last as long either. If only there was some way to keep from being hit, while at the same time using the opponent's attack against them...

That's when it hit her, with a smile she quickly realized a way of how to do just that. "Charmander, use Smokescreen and blind them!" Tikal called, covering her mouth as the room began to fill with thick smoke. With the opposing Pokemon blinded, the Numel reared up once more to attempt another Magnitude. Before it could land the attack however, Tikal also shouted: "Totodile, Rocket Water Gun!"

Seeming to understand the term "Rocket" added onto the attack, Totodile quickly grabbed Charmander's paw, and let loose a Water Gun attack under them, sending them rocketing upward. Numel slammed its front legs into the ground, soon realizing after using Magnitude that its targets were not affected. However the Snover was, quickly falling back to the ground, and not getting back up. The smokescreen quickly faded, Totodile and Charmander landing in front of Numel triumphantly.

"Good job guys, now let's try and finish this! Totodile use Water Gun, and Charmander use Scratch!" The two Pokemon struck simultaneously, nearly knocking out the Numel. However, the Pokemon wouldn't go out without taking someone with it. This was obviously when it made one last attempt to knock out one of Tikal's Pokemon, launching itself at the already weakened Totodile with Take Down. The two Pokemon toppled to the ground, neither rising after.

Tikal quickly rushed over to her fallen Pokemon as the Snover and Numel vanished in flashes of white light, pulling out her Pokeball as she smiled sadly. "Good job you two, you both need a break." she spoke, soon returning her two Pokemon before standing and returning to Alex and Tyson.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:45 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.