Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
On the Edge of the Ocean, Fidona RP
Angels Fall Firs...
post Jul 5 2011, 09:20 AM
Post #21

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10 743

Active Squad

"Got'cha," Finn nodded. "Nihall, go! Double Kick!" In one swift moment, his Combusken took one hard step and flew into the air, jumping as high as it could so it could reach the Carvanha that had dragged it in the waters before. It landed one direct kick then gracefully landed its' second kick. The second kick separated both Pokemon from one another. Nihall stood back on shore with a cocky smirk, something Finn knew all too well.

"Now we're back in action," the trainer grinned. "Let's help Pele out!"

This time the Carvanha that Pele had been facing was closer to the edge, making it able for Nihall to fight it in the shallows. "Sweep it up, Nihall! Low Kick!" The fire bird lunged itself in the water and knocked the Carvanha hard, sending it out into deeper waters. "Great! Ember! Then another Double Kick!"

But before he could land his Ember attack, another barrage of stars came his way from the Carvanha. With Nihall being in the water too, he was already at a disadvantage, but Finn didn't want to give up anymore. Not since he had a new Combusken to show off.

"Dodge them, jump!" Finnley ordered. He could feel the never giving up, jerky commando coming out as he gave commands now. "Then Double Kick, now!"

By this time Nihall had been blocking itself and turned his head back to look at his trainer. He too could tell Finn was changing back again. He also knew that if he let him down, Finn would never forgive him. Nihall also wanted to protect Finn, like his trainer just did for him. The bird jumped into the air, lunging again at the Carvanha. The first strike landed directly on the face of the fish, as did the second. The Combusken managed to do a backflip back to shore, giving the two Carvanha's a 'cool guy' pose as he landed.

"Yes!" Finn cheered, "We did it!" He turned to his new Combusken with a big smile. Then he turned to Jill and Pele, "Thank you so much, Ms. Jill. Again, you were there to help me out." A second later, they appeared next to Jill and her Ponyta, giving it a pat on the back, with a smile stretching across his face.

This post has been edited by Angels Fall First: Jul 9 2011, 10:55 AM

--------------------
PANE: Finn Oakley (click to show)
PANE: Liam West (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jul 7 2011, 11:06 PM
Post #22

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 745

PANE

Once Nihall was on the move, it was easy to see the battle was theirs. Jill clicked her tongue, attracting Pele's attention and waved her head, indicating that she return. As the Combusken flew around the beach, kicking and shooting fire all over the place, while the duo of Carvanhas found themselves entirely overwhelmed, Pele managed to get back to her trainer safe and sound, though somewhat hurt from the battle.

"You did good, girl," Jill smiled, rubbing her hand across the Ponyta's face and neck. "I'm proud of you." It was somewhat surprising how well she did against two battle hardened fish. Pele had not seen very much battle in her young life. Neither had Vinyl, as far as Jill knew at least. She went out there to help Finn in battle, but his pokemon were much more capable in combat.

When he approached with his Combusken by his side and patted Pele on the back, Jill crossed her arms and smiled. "Your Combusken is very strong," she said. "I think I should be thanking you." She leaned back for a second, arms still crossed, and looked at him for a second. Part of her wanted to put down some money to give the kid a hotel room or something so he could have a bed and a shower, but she knew she shouldn't go getting attached.

Something which didn't help was that Pele seemed to really like Finn. She was nuzzling her head against his hand as he was petting her, which certainly made it difficult to return her to her pokeball. "Alright, babe," she said. "Time to go to bed," Pele looked up at Jill with her adorable eyes, but nodded. Then, Jill pulled her back in. "Finn. I'm going to bed. You should-" she stopped herself. "Well. Be safe, kid." She put her right hand on his right shoulder, then looked over to Nihall. "Good work, Nihall. Keep this kid safe for me, alright? At least until he digests that Krabby." Then, she turned her head back to Finn and nodded. "Goodnight, Finn. Maybe I'll see you on the boatride back to Barley."

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post Jul 9 2011, 11:10 AM
Post #23

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Active Squad

Finn nodded, giving Jill a softer smile now as she departed. "Night, and I hope we do." That's when he gave his Pokemon a pat on the back and laughed, "You did good. We might be even to battle Cesc now and have a chance. What do you think?"

The Combusken grinned, throwing his arms into the air like he was the champion of the world. "That's what I like to see." Finn chuckled. The battle had helped cure his little homesickness, for now, but the trainer knew that he had to send a message back home soon to fully fill the void in his stomach.

"Come on," the tired trainer yawned, "let's head to the Center." But four steps into their walk something was in their way. It was the little orange Krabby that had helped fend off the Carvanha's. Finn noticed cuts and bruises all over the poor things body from the fight it had with the fish. The trainer bent down and pulled out a berry from his back pouch, handing it over to the injured Pokemon. "Thanks for helping us before. You were incredibly strong and brave. We owe you, if you hadn't protected us like you did, we might have not made it through the night."

The Krabby smiled cheerfully eating the berry. It flailed its arms as Finn praised it. Then its mood went a full one-eighty. It started talking, bubbles coming from its' mouth.

Both Finn and Nihall crossed their arms as they could tell exactly what the Krabby was saying. There was fire in his eyes as it went on and on. It was telling them a story, a story of more bravery and strength. Those were two things Finnley always looked for in Pokemon, so it was a no brainier what he was going to do next. Nihall also gave his nod of approval, after all, the Pokemon did help save him from the Carvanhas. "Of course you're welcome to join us."

Finnley took out one of his Pokeballs and tossed it at the Krabby, and a second later he was now the proud owner of one. "And there we go," he said cockily.

ooc (click to show)

This post has been edited by Angels Fall First: Jul 9 2011, 11:12 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jul 9 2011, 02:48 PM
Post #24

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 745

PANE

VVVVVV

VVVVVV

"God damn it,"

VVVVV

Her cell phone, resting on the stand next to Jill's bed, was vibrating at a ridiculously early hour in the morning. She kept her eyes closed and awaited the inevitable

VVVVV

Her eyes opened now, she sat up in her bed and picked up the phone. "Oh," she sighed. It was ten AM, not too early, but more sigh worthy was the person calling. It was David, her ex husband. She had been ignoring his many calls since the weekend began, but decided to finally answer. "Hey."

"Jill! Hey. How are you?"

"What do you want, David?"

"I just wanted to talk," he said. "I just, um," he paused. "It's been really hard, you know?"

"I know," she said, falling back onto her bed, still holding the phone to her ear. "It's been hard for me too."

"How's Furoh?"

"It's-" she began. "It's what I needed."

"Are you ever gonna come back to Kanto?"

"I don't know," she said, plainly. "I just, I guess I...I don't know."

"If I came to Furoh-"

"No," she cut him off. "No, David, I can't. I mean, I guess I can't stop you from coming, but I'm just telling you that I can't do it."

"Jill-"

"David, do you realize how hard this is for me right now? To even hear your voice?" She started crying. "I can't do it! Every-fucking-thing reminds me of Ryan. I met a teenager yesterday, and you know what I did? I bought him dinner. Why did I buy him dinner? I don't even know. This whole thing is fucking me up a lot and David, I know it wasn't your fault, but every time you say anything, I just-" she sighed. "I hate you just a little bit more."

"Jill, I-"

"I love you, David," she admitted. "I still do. I need you to know that, I guess, I don't really know why. But I can't be with you anymore. We had so much before Ryan, we did. But after him, none of that really seems to matter."

"Jill,"

"I'm sorry, David," she said. "I'm sorry."

She hung up the phone and put it back on the stand before lying back down, simply accepting the fact that she wasn't going to enjoy her weekend in the slightest. She still had all Saturday and some of Sunday before her reservation was up and the boat was leaving. Until then, she decided, she would try her best to get out and enjoy the town and the beach.

Then, she sighed. Well, it wouldn't hurt to sleep in a little while longer.

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post Jul 9 2011, 09:43 PM
Post #25

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Morning, sunshine." Finn sighed as he glanced up towards the sun. He still had days before the next boat out, so he had to make whatever time he had left on Barley count. "I don't think I'll be coming back after I get off this island any time soon."

He fumbled his fingers into his pocket and guesstimated how much money he had left to spend. Whatever it was, it would have to last him for the next few days. "I'm sure I have enough for food," he said to himself.

Finnley stood in front of the Pokemon Center for a good twenty minutes before he actually did anything. The whole time he had just stood there, frozen in his spot, not really doing anything other than just standing. Nothing ran through his head, and that was a first. The last few days had been filled with many firsts for him.

"Jill," the trainer mumbled. That was the first thing that popped into his mind as he was back into reality. Then the thought of his new found friend brought his mind to his mother, someone he had missed a lot during his time with Jill too. "I could... call her?"

"No," he huffed. "Not yet, not just yet... Ah!"

A second later Finn was back in the Pokemon Center at an empty table with a piece of paper and a pen in hand, smiling.

Dear Mom,...

Fin~

Finn's Letter to his Mom (click to show)

This post has been edited by Angels Fall First: Jul 9 2011, 09:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:37 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.