Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
19 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
August Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
Asbel Lhant
post Aug 19 2017, 02:25 PM
Post #281

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

I'm finally off a weekend for the first time in a month. We've had so many people go on vacation at the same time that I had no choice but to work it. The first thing I did was sleep until noon laughing.gif. It is so nice to be able to wake up and not have to get ready for work.

Last night I couldn't find any of the Pokemon for today's task so I took my Grey Magikarp out of the daycare and put in a Crabrawler. Less than 5 minutes later, I found a Tyrogue egg facepalm.gif. I decided to leave the Crabrawler in the daycare for now for those people still looking.

I'm doing a few explorations I haven't done in a while, I started with Notched Ear Pichu. This Scyther needs some Chesto berries so it can wake up:

--------------------
Zoom
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Aug 19 2017, 02:41 PM
Post #282

Certified Psychotic Isaac Fangirl and Legendary Dogs Enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 522

GS Crew

Well you certainly helped me out. Thanks to you, Asbel Lhant, I got a complete egg 'Dex for Alola save for the Tapus. nod.gif And she has some pretty good IVs and nature: 31 HP, 29 ATK, and 30 SPD with total IVs of 153. The only not-so-great one is SDEF at 17. And with a Lonely nature, she'll be a good physical attacker too. happy.gif

So you really did help at least one user by breeding Crabrawlers.

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

My shop! I appreciate requests! cat.gif

Entei stuff! (click to show)

Other stuff... (click to show)

Credit to: (click to show)
+Quote Post

Shadow Fennekin
post Aug 19 2017, 03:05 PM
Post #283

Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 14 137

Platinum team

QUOTE(Running On Ice @ Aug 19 2017, 12:20 AM) *
I'm wishing for some more variety with the scavenger hunt tasks for the rest of the month. Apart from one day where we had a trinket task, the only one kinds we've had are the color and type ones. I'm even hoping for a nature task in the future at this point. I know it sounds a bit petty but it gets old. I am breeding some Crabrawler for anyone who plans on using one though.

Oh I agree,
I hate hate HATE the specific color and type tasks, the options are usually so few which makes it harder to find some. Often resulting in me having to breed it just to save time in order to actually get to level it up on time.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Aug 19 2017, 04:09 PM
Post #284

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

I wouldn't mind more variety with Scavenger Hunt tasks, but only if they're still fair. For instance, I don't think Battle Tower tasks would be a great idea since a lot of people can't even get two consecutive wins, much less five (particularly if they're just starting out and have an awful selection of Battle Tower stuff). Now, if there was some sort of Scavenger Hunt NPC who was super easy to beat, then that'd be fine with me. wink.gif

Meanwhile, anyone can grab something from the Shelter. Things I'd like to add would be stuff like buying an item from the shop (regular points, not prize), using the VS seeker, etc. Nothing that involves prerequisites that are too excessive.

Anyone interested in the eclipse on the 21st? I'm not bothering with it since we only have a 50% chance of even seeing it, but I know other people are all ready with their eclipse glasses and stuff.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Wingcap
post Aug 19 2017, 05:50 PM
Post #285

The Champion of Sinnoh~
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 714

My Favourites~

QUOTE(Luneon @ Aug 19 2017, 06:50 PM) *
QUOTE(Wingcap @ Aug 19 2017, 05:25 PM) *

smile.gif

I'm kinda hesitant to ruin this nice, round number.

What is the 4th number about? oh.gif

That is my number of level 100 pokémon. I like to hoard pokémon, which is also why I am dangerously low on box space!

--------------------

[Me][My Bro]
(click to show)

Nintendo 3DS FC: 3024-6524-0103|NNID: Wingcap|Steam: Wingcapx

pretty much everything credit Cycloneblaze, except the egg
+Quote Post

Esc
post Aug 19 2017, 09:02 PM
Post #286

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

I got a pair of glasses to view the eclipse on the 21st. I wish the eclipse was tomorrow instead, so it could be on my birthday :P! Oh well.

I wonder when the remaining pokemon will be released!

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Aug 19 2017, 10:41 PM
Post #287

Group Icon

GS Crew

Yeah, I'm super-interested in the eclipse. Granted, where I live, at best I'll only have a 90-95% eclipse. If I wanted to bug my folks into going somewhere like say, central Nebraska, I would be able to see a true total eclipse.

And I finally managed to get my Crabrawler up to Lv. 10 for this scavenger hunt task. Hopefully, tomorrow's won't be as bad. irritated.gif (It took me forever to get it up to the proper level, but that may have been more due to me not doing as many clickbacks as I did yesterday...)

Also, I support the 'more variety in ScavHunt tasks' thing too. Don't know if I can really add much more to what has already been said, though.

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

+Quote Post

Alchemists Fire
post Aug 20 2017, 02:15 AM
Post #288

Companion Cube
Group Icon

Member No.: 246 334

Favourites

I was very relieved for a low-level task xD I hate the ones that they want lvl 50+ cause I usually can't even find/hatch the Pokemon that meets the requirements in time.

Um. Does anyone notice something about one of the Pokemon in today's task? Are we going to be able to type-change a certain Ultra Beast soon?

--------------------
My Party:

Shiny Hunts (click to show)
+Quote Post

Shadow Fennekin
post Aug 20 2017, 03:29 AM
Post #289

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 137

Platinum team

QUOTE(Alchemists Fire @ Aug 20 2017, 03:15 AM) *
I was very relieved for a low-level task xD I hate the ones that they want lvl 50+ cause I usually can't even find/hatch the Pokemon that meets the requirements in time.

Um. Does anyone notice something about one of the Pokemon in today's task? Are we going to be able to type-change a certain Ultra Beast soon?

I just noticed that too.
It made me jump, thinking that they were added during the reset.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Aug 20 2017, 07:36 AM
Post #290

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

QUOTE(Wingcap @ Aug 19 2017, 03:25 PM) *

smile.gif

I'm kinda hesitant to ruin this nice, round number.

Congratulations, my dude. And it always weirds me out a little to see different numbers up there than mine. My first thought is like, "he's done 1 million clicks today?!" lol.gif

QUOTE(Alchemists Fire @ Aug 20 2017, 07:15 AM) *

Silvally is not an Ultra Beast srsfacts.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Aug 20 2017, 07:51 AM
Post #291

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(Synx Itax @ Aug 19 2017, 11:09 PM) *
I wouldn't mind more variety with Scavenger Hunt tasks, but only if they're still fair. For instance, I don't think Battle Tower tasks would be a great idea since a lot of people can't even get two consecutive wins, much less five (particularly if they're just starting out and have an awful selection of Battle Tower stuff). Now, if there was some sort of Scavenger Hunt NPC who was super easy to beat, then that'd be fine with me. wink.gif

Meanwhile, anyone can grab something from the Shelter. Things I'd like to add would be stuff like buying an item from the shop (regular points, not prize), using the VS seeker, etc. Nothing that involves prerequisites that are too excessive.

Anyone interested in the eclipse on the 21st? I'm not bothering with it since we only have a 50% chance of even seeing it, but I know other people are all ready with their eclipse glasses and stuff.

I'd like some scavenger task variety as well. Preferably stuff that can help newbies with the completion of achievements.
Now I'm no newbie but why not hitting 2 birds with 1 stone xD

As for the eclipse, all the hype surrounding the it and people buying stuff last minute thinking they're going to get amazing photographs without having any photography knowledge whatsoever... ehhh
It just makes me wish the eclipse time is short so we can get it over with asap. It hasn't even started it and I'm already tired of seeing stuff about it ^^;

-----------------------------------------------------
QUOTE(Wingcap @ Aug 20 2017, 12:50 AM) *
That is my number of level 100 pokémon. I like to hoard pokémon, which is also why I am dangerously low on box space!

Ohhhhhhh!!! There's also an achievement for that right?
How many do you plan on having at lv 100? All of them or just specific ones?

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Myou
post Aug 20 2017, 08:13 AM
Post #292

You can't scare me... I'm a Preschool Teacher~!
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 182

~My Team~

Huh... i should definitely see about finishing the last task on DOTW (and level some battle tower mons while I'm at it) so I can start one of the two legend explorations before the month ends. Of course, I still have to go shopping for lesson plan supplies and paint swatches for our school room's welcome board (going to turn them into popsicles).

--------------------

+Quote Post

SilverPT
post Aug 20 2017, 11:26 AM
Post #293

You're one bad day away from being me.
Group Icon

Member No.: 128 888

Active Squad

QUOTE(Synx Itax @ Aug 19 2017, 10:09 PM) *

If they're just starting out, it's not like they'll have a lot of Pass Orbs (nature tasks) or Pokéchests (trinkets) too. By Battle Tower I didn't meant the NPCs but rather the Battle Subway. 5 consecutive wins is perfectly doable since there are a lot of "easy" teams. And that way, maybe it could encourage people to battle more.

I'm not opposing to a Scavenger Hunt NPC. It could be the starter point to that streak for example. That way people would have an almost guaranteed victory.

--------------------

Big shoutout to Cycloneblaze for the awesome buttons!

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Aug 20 2017, 02:22 PM
Post #294

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 857

Speaking of the Battle Tower, I've found that scavenger hunts are a great incentive to put together a good team anyway. The Exp All is a fun and easy way to level stuff up. :D

--------------------

+Quote Post

The Majestic Mr ...
post Aug 20 2017, 05:20 PM
Post #295

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

I know this isn't the shiny thread but I'm still so blown away by what just happened so I have to talk about it.
Last Friday I sniped a Lugia from the lab while looking for a Groudon. I corrupted it in hopes it was shiny and jokingly commented about it in the discord server.
Fast forward to today and the egg hatches into a shiny Shadow Lugia.

I don't know what kind of black magic I did to cause this to happen but could it happen more often please thanks

This post has been edited by The Majestic Mr L: Aug 20 2017, 05:20 PM

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Aug 20 2017, 07:04 PM
Post #296

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

QUOTE(SilverPT @ Aug 20 2017, 11:26 AM) *
If they're just starting out, it's not like they'll have a lot of Pass Orbs (nature tasks) or Pokéchests (trinkets) too. By Battle Tower I didn't meant the NPCs but rather the Battle Subway. 5 consecutive wins is perfectly doable since there are a lot of "easy" teams. And that way, maybe it could encourage people to battle more.

I'm not opposing to a Scavenger Hunt NPC. It could be the starter point to that streak for example. That way people would have an almost guaranteed victory.

Oh yeah, I didn't think about Pass Orbs or Pokéchests. Well, all things considered, I'd still not want to involve the Battle Tower too much (and I know you meant the Subway), but I definitely can see how it'd encourage battling. It really doesn't help that using the Battle Tower is super awkward on mobile for a lot of people, and that might get frustrating. I'm just more into something like "Participate in five consecutive battles" or "Battle in the VS Seeker' as opposed to having to win the battles.

No idea if varied tasks would ever be a thing that will happen anyway, but we'll see.

I still haven't gotten new Magikarp patterns in the Jump! game. sad.gif All I have left are the new ones as well as Brown Tiger. I also realized that I need to get way more diamonds for the Dratini event, so... ugh.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Aug 21 2017, 10:10 AM
Post #297

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

Honestly, making a scavenger task like "win 5 battle subway battles in a row" is probably not that good of an idea. Not because it's going to be hard for some users. We really could go with more challenging tasks. However, the kind of users that would appreciate more challenging tasks are probably also the kind of users that would laugh all the way to bank from such a task.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Running On Ice
post Aug 21 2017, 11:07 AM
Post #298

There’s a lot of tension in this town
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 626

Active Squad

I agree with Synx on this. I would like a bigger variety with new types of tasks, as long as they're all simple enough for the newer users, but I'm still a little peeved about getting these same types involving color and type.

I'll try and watch the eclipse. I don't have the special glasses so I obviously can't look directly into it but I think there's a way even without the glasses.

--------------------
FRIEND CODE: 4527-8945-5766; NAME: Laura
FRIEND SAFARI: NORMAL; PM me so we can trade codes

Clubs and Shinies (click to show)

"Don't take advice from people like me. Do your own thing always"- Chrissie Hynde, from ironically a thing titled "Chrissie Hynde's Advice To Chick Rockers"
+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Aug 21 2017, 11:11 AM
Post #299

Group Icon

GS Crew

Yeah, and because some folks aren't terribly good at getting a winning streak to even begin with (*coughs, points to self*) I'm no newb, don't get me wrong. If anything, I'm more of a vet. I'm just not good at battling other folks on here. Which is why I only do BT when it's needed for an Explo. And I haven't done either the VS Seeker or BS in a long time. Besides, not to denigrate the efforts of all the wonderful users on here, but if I want to battle, I'd rather just boot up an actual Pokémon game instead. I'm on here to collect, not battle. Seriously, just look at my battle stats over on GPX+ to see how bad I am at that. I'm definitely no top 100 battler, I tell you.

On the other hand, I got my pair of eclipse glasses, so now I'm ready for that. happy.gif

EDIT: Also, yes, there is a way to view the eclipse without the special glasses. You can make a pinhole projector and view it like that as well. You can probably find tutorials on how to make them online, and you don't need too much to make one, either. Also, I'll see if I can't take a pic of it with my 3DS. I want a physical keepsake of the first total eclipse I've been around for. grin.gif

This post has been edited by Mars Adept Enten: Aug 21 2017, 11:15 AM

--------------------

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

+Quote Post

Esc
post Aug 21 2017, 11:23 AM
Post #300

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

QUOTE(Running On Ice @ Aug 21 2017, 12:07 PM) *
I agree with Synx on this. I would like a bigger variety with new types of tasks, as long as they're all simple enough for the newer users, but I'm still a little peeved about getting these same types involving color and type.

I'll try and watch the eclipse. I don't have the special glasses so I obviously can't look directly into it but I think there's a way even without the glasses.

Get a tub of water and place it under the sun and look at the water grin.gif! That's what my parents did when they were kids.

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:07 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.