Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Ever get angry while playing a Video Game?, Do you have one of those moments?
Vade
post Jul 14 2013, 04:52 PM
Post #41

gay
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9 702

faves

well yea
i dont know any gamer that hasnt
theres quite a few games off the top of my head that anger me
like fallout new vegas
it took me forever to actually manage myself around giant radscoripions that were all over the place and i always got frustrated and on edge whenever i was out walking in the wasteland cause any ambush would kill me

and recently ive been getting frustrated over tf2 mostly because of pyro swarms and cheap rushes

starfox adventures is a prime example of a game that frustrates me from beginning to end
i mean at least tf2 and fallout are fun but playing that game makes me want to gouge my eyes out

--------------------
vade / 24 / he/him pronouns

this account is literally over a decade old Blease no judgements

click for my party
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

nitrodog96
post Jul 26 2013, 02:33 PM
Post #42

bewm
Group Icon

From: In a burning ring of fire, channeling the power of the flames.
Member No.: 61 870

Platinum Team

That's happened to me so much in different Pokemon games. Like in HeartGold, I was on my Nuzlocke and I had just beat Whitney, and then my system turned off before I could save. I actually punched my DS for the first time. And on Black, I was fighting Marshal of the Elite Four, and I was just about to knock out his last Pokemon (Conkeldurr) with my Kyurem, nicknamed Kyle (Dragon-Ice type, not a good idea). It was my last Pokemon in my party. His Conkeldurr was at about 5-10% HP, and in red. Kyurem was at some 87-90%. "Conkeldurr used Hammer Arm!" How in heck is it faster than my Kyurem with two huge rocks in either hand? "It's super effective!" "Kyle fainted!" WHA- NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I then proceeded to slam my DS on the floor, turn it off, fall on my bed and start pounding it with my fists, laughing/crying hysterically. And I hadn't saved since before Grimsley, so I had to go through him again. It was easy, what with my Cobalion and Gurdurr. Then Marshal again. Same thing as before. Conkeldurr at 7% maybe, and Kyurem at 85%. Conkeldurr uses Hammer Arm, which is super-effective against Kyle, who gets KO'd. That repeated about 2-3 more times, each time my rage building, finally peaking at me throwing my DS against the floor and repeatedly stomping on it and cursing it (MAY YOUR DATA DISAPPEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, YOU VILE GAME!) for about 5 minutes.

--------------------
I used to be Cyogre, ILoveTaillowHesCute, TaillowIsCuteAndCool, Tart Spop, Tartius Spopius, Tartii, King of the Eevees and MasteroftheFlames. If you know me under any of those names, yeah, that's me.

In-Game Teams (click to show)

Hoping to get Social Networking! I'd really appreciate an add.

Arcanine! (click to show)

Miscellaneous (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

nokrow889
post Jul 28 2013, 03:39 PM
Post #43

what would you do for a Klondike bar?
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 24 628

Pokemon Pearl

Megaman X and earthbound recently they are both games i dominated when i was a kid so i bought them on my Wii U virtual console and i cant seem to beat shit in them i feel ashamed sad.gif

--------------------

Vdex
(me and my brother)

Group Banners (click to show)

+Quote Post

flamefiends
post Aug 1 2013, 07:35 PM
Post #44

Flamefriends
Group Icon

Member No.: 200 466

My Dream Team~

Yeah, I'll get angry at them. Like in my Tales of the Abyss game, I can't beat this one character (still can't beat him) and he drives me up the wall! It's the one time you're supposed to beat him and I just cant!

--------------------
Wait, who's "Flame?" I see no "Flame" here, and I doubt there ever will be a "Flame," in plain sight or otherwise. Besides, you wouldn't call, sweet, precious Flare by any other name, would you?

You want to read my webcomic? (click to show)
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Aug 1 2013, 08:05 PM
Post #45

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

I've been playing through the generations again, and ended up playing a diceroll of Black 1. (Just some rules I made up when bored. Roll a random number from 1-6 to see how many party members you're restricted to, then roll a random number from 1-649 or whatever the cap of the gen you're playing to see what pokemon you use. Repeat step 2 until you fill your allotted slots. Landing on an evolution means using the base form and then evolving it all the way to whatever you want. You can roll 1-17/18 for type restrictions, too. I used Random.org to generate my numbers.)

I rolled 2, Gothita, and Nosepass. HAO NOSEPASS DIE TO LENORA, AND GOTHITA CLEAN UP JUST FINE?! That made me so angry. It was a Normal type move that crit on him, he was above half health, and he was leveled right where she was. Gothita, on the other hand, tanked Watchog's Crunch and then facerolled it with Psybeam. That...I was just legitimately angry that I won that match. Thank God it wasn't Nuzlocke.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Grimwood
post Aug 16 2013, 10:30 AM
Post #46

Blanket Burrito
Group Icon

Member No.: 143 517

Me and the boys

Yes when I first started playing pokemon I didn't know how to save the game so i had to start all over again from the very beginning. And in pokemon ranger:Guardian signs, the final trial(the square cube where you couldn't step on a smaller square inside the cube) I tried so many times and I kept having to start all over again and that... REALLY TICKED ME OFF...
+Quote Post

Jen
post Aug 18 2013, 11:16 PM
Post #47

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

Recent one player game - Slender: The Arrival. It became more frustrating than scary.

Two player game: I end up getting more frustrated at my partner instead of the game itself lol

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Aug 24 2013, 10:37 PM
Post #48

Certified Psychotic Isaac Fangirl and Legendary Dogs Enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 522

GS Crew

Yet another moment for me: trying to clear 15-Minute Brawl in SSBB. The farthest I've gotten is somewhere around the 4-minute mark with my main. What really irritates me is that the Alloys start edge-guarding around the time you hit the 100% damage mark. (Which for me, depending on how much basic-combo spam the Red and Green Alloys subject me to, tends to be around the 10-minute point, give or take.)
Eventually, I got to a point where "Fuck you. ya fuckin' ass!" was being said distressingly often. sad.gif All I want to do is to finally clear that hellfest. Is that too much to ask, game? headache.gif

This post has been edited by Mars Adept Enten: Aug 24 2013, 10:42 PM

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

My shop! I appreciate requests! cat.gif

Entei stuff! (click to show)

Other stuff... (click to show)

Credit to: (click to show)
+Quote Post

Dragon of time
post Aug 25 2013, 12:43 PM
Post #49

Gamer with no life.
Group Icon

Member No.: 100 547

Who?

So I got dissidia 012, and started playing. After awhile, I played the arcade mode a few times.
Bartz vs Golberz or-however-you-spell-it.

It was the first time I got angry enough to do anything apart from ragequitting and yelling. I actually slammed my then-new psp against my knee several times before my grandma got me to go cool off for a while.

--------------------

~Mine~

+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Oct 17 2013, 12:41 PM
Post #50

Group Icon

GS Crew

Just have to add my latest aggravation in gaming: trying to clear SSBM's final Event Match, 'The Showdown'. You have to KO Giga Bowser, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo three times each without losing all three of your stocks. It's the only EM I need to finish and I'll have finished all of them. But there's one thing I must say: The AI is a [REDACTED][VERY REDACTED] BASTARD THAT DESERVES TO BE *untranslatable Ancient Weyardian profanities*!

Ganging up on you? Check.
Edge-guarding like it's going out of style? Check.
Spamming? Check-*untranslatable angrish*mate.

Characters I've used so far:
Yoshi (who I suck hard at playing at even a beginner's level of skill despite the fact that I'm an experienced Smasher)
Marth (my main, with whom I'm pretty damn good at playing as)
Roy (my other main, with whom I'm pretty decent at playing as)
Capt. Falcon (just for the Gehennom of it)

It got to the point where I actually started crying due to the unfair tactics of the CPU, which I rarely if ever do. Most of the time, if I get angry at a game, I'll cuss it out/go outside to primal yell my frustration out (which my parents have told me to stop doing, lest our neighbors call the cops on us. *sulks*) and then try to cool off somehow, usually by beating the shit out of the fighter that angered me. Even that's not helping me any. crying.gif So, for now, I'm just beating the shit out of Bowser, Ganny, and Mewtwo AIs set at L1 in VS mode with various characters. sad.gif

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

+Quote Post

Wastelander
post Oct 17 2013, 01:18 PM
Post #51

True king
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 552

The Runaways

QUOTE(purple umbreon @ Nov 30 2012, 09:57 AM) *
Jak 3 was also difficult. I didn't play later games. I died so many times in it but I managed to beat it 3 times. (I like that game so much.)
It was really difficult in the last levels.

I feel ya there. Jak 3 is probably the game of the whole series that I have played the most times through, especially after I unlocked all the cheats and had unlimited everything haha. But, despite that, I always struggle with the wasteland vehicle missions. They're so annoying, but the worst is the first stage of the final boss fight. When I got to it for the first time on ps3, it took me a solid 20 tries to bring that huge thing down. Such a pain, and annoyed me quite a bit considering I'd done it lots of times before on ps2. T___T

QUOTE(Indoor Survival @ Nov 30 2012, 03:08 PM) *
Jak 3 used to be easy for me, but now it's extremely frustrating. In my current run, I can't make it past the Haven City mission where you have to stop the three Krimson Guard spider tanks from reaching the bar at the same time. They're spaced so far apart that by the time you beat one, the other two are already at the bar.

I clearly remember playing Jak 2 back in the day and was stuck at something like 49% for ages because no matter how hard I'd try I couldn't beat the mission where you had to shoot down those 5 hellcat cruisers.

QUOTE(Indoor Survival @ Nov 30 2012, 03:08 PM) *
Me, I can't make it past Act 2 of the game. That mission where you get some artifact down by the slums and then a ton of Krimson Guard dropships drop soldiers every step of the way back to the city is one of the worst. If you go backwards after you've cleared a ship of guards, another comes up and you have to fight your way back to where you were. It undoes the progress you made.

Oh damn yes. That is also a MAJOR pain, which again had me stuck for a time when playing it on ps3. But a cheap way of beating it, I discovered, is that if you can use Dark Jak, jump off the walkway and Dark Bomb the water which destroys the sentry machine thing so you can simply swim to the end rather than tear through the hordes of KG swarming the place.

I beat Jak X too but again, that was a game that caused me much angst, despite loving the idea of combat racing, so I never bothered trying to Hero Mode it.

Now then, what other things have really annoyed me in games?

I have to say the multiplayer in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. I f***ing HATE spammers, ESPECIALLY chain spammers (looking at YOU, Dante!) where people just loop combos until they get supers and you can't even block or break out of it until either the player lets you or they screw up. Drake, invisible Sly, Issac (Grr), Kat, Radec, and Sackboy, among several others, are all other spammed chars that truly drive me to curse like a sailor while tackling the online. It's so unfair that these losers are the same ones getting the red belts and fancy titles. Needless to say, the game is very much broken and unbalanced. And the worse part is, Sony seems to have turned its back on the thing completely by now, so yeah.

What else. Vexx was an old game that I could never beat. Not for a lack of trying, mind you, but because I couldn't hack having to collect everything and clear entire levels without so much as taking a hit. Gaaah. And I'm sure there were times throughout the AC games and God Of War games that caused me a great deal of distress. The last few fights in AC1 come to mind, as do a few boss fights in GOW. Gaaah...

Also. DMC1. Goddammit. Only managed to beat it by way of sheer luck. >< And OHOHOHHH. Hollow Vergil, in the dlc for the latest DMC game by ninja theory. I haven't yet managed to beat that Bleach-wanna be on Hell & Hell difficulty. I got the plat for the game itself and had no trouble playing through the other levels in the DLC on Hell & Hell but that stupid, frigging boss fiiiiiighhhhttttt. No way in hell am I gonna try tackle it again simply to get the last two bronze trophies I'm missing. Psh. Hell nawww.

--------------------

Software engineer by day. Hermit writer by night.
nothing is impossible chasing a super hero on the run
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Oct 17 2013, 01:26 PM
Post #52

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

Evolving Sligoo into Goodra made me so pissed off. It rained the first day I caught Goomy, but he was nowhere near ready to evolve. Once he was (about a day later), it stopped raining for several days. I was running all over creation chasing down the rain, not finding anything. I found it on Route 15 once, but stupid Moltres appeared and the rain stopped after he ran away from me. Even after that, I kept Sliggoo close to level up in case I ran into some rain somewhere. Unfortunately, some stupid extra trainers I forgot to take out on different routes would ambush me and force him to level so I had to grind him back up again. One was even behind a Cut bush when I went item scavenging! >:/ I just evolved him today because I caught it raining in Cyllage City. Level freaking 80. I'm glad it's done, but my goodness, evolving a Pokemon has never been this complicated for me. I won't even go into the frustration of sites just stating "lolrain" without specifying that it had to be overworld rain. I kept coordinating Rain Dance for nothing.

Another thing that got me mad, though far less so, was when I was grinding for the high rank PokePuffs in Pokemon-Amie. The grinding is easy: just play the Hard and Unlimited levels of the minigames over and over. The angering part was that so many internet people that scroll across your touchscreen drop of lower ranking ones, that I ran out of space for Pokepuffs. Either that, or I haven't fed as many Pokepuffs as I though to free up space. It sucks to finish a game, see those +4 and +5 candies, and then see the "Yo have no more room!" message. Right now, I'm making a concerted effort to let walking increase my Pokemon's hunger instead of games, so I can get rid of all the extra +1 to +3 Pokepuffs I have and make an entire inventory of +4 and +5.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Supra
post Nov 12 2013, 05:21 PM
Post #53

3.0 Twin Turbo
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 984

Diamond Squad

Deathclaws on Fallout 3. It's not that I can't beat them, it's just that they piss me off because of the amount of Stimpacks I end up using when fighting against them. And the amount of damage they do to my armor...RIP T51b Power Armor. Also, the Presidential Metro in the Broken Steel DLC. Holy crap, I cannot even. Like a million Feral Ghouls, half of which are Reavers (Highest level and throw weird radioactive grenade type things, plus have an insane amount of health) and a crap ton of Sentry Bots of which are meant to be shooting the Ghouls but then decided to shoot me because, you know, that's what happens in Fallout. Everything wants to kill you. It's like Australia.

My first Tigrex experience on Monster Hunter Freedom 2 was hell aswell. 20th try with failiure, I launched my PSP with every ounce of strength I had in me. Left it for about a week, came back, got new armor and weapon, slaughtered that bohl first try after. Needless to say once I had a solid strategy I farmed the hell out of him for revenge and ended up with like 3 sets of armor and all his weapons. But god damn, this dude didn't want to die beforehand, he just wanted to enter rage mode all the time and 1 hit KO me constantly.

--------------------

+Quote Post

DragonDoesMinecr...
post Dec 6 2013, 09:20 PM
Post #54

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
Group Icon

Member No.: 204 117

Best Memories

Yes.
When my Minecraft is too laggy to load properly.
When I can't get past the stupid trainers with the two Furfrou----- (I eventually beat them)

--------------------

Okay then.
I am a huge fan of Dragonite and would love a shiny one named Puff. This describes me perfectly.
+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Dec 7 2013, 03:12 AM
Post #55

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 837

Active Squad

Let's just say I've spent more on controllers than speeding fines.
+Quote Post

SlaughterMelon
post Dec 7 2013, 07:34 AM
Post #56

Hater of Longitude
Group Icon

Member No.: 98 420

My Slices.

Let's see, mainly in FPS games (Battlefield) I get angry in the multiplayer

--------------------

won by me in the unearthly trials. also won by me in the unearthly trials.

Thx to Emmathetiger for the awesome Trainer sprite of Spectra!
Sprites (click to show)

+Quote Post

Larzsi
post Feb 15 2014, 01:40 AM
Post #57

zzz
Group Icon

Member No.: 143 835

Friends

I get pissed off a lot when playing World of Warcraft, but it's mostly frustration at other players... Specifically, me getting severely outplayed by them in PvP. ;v;

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Oct 20 2014, 01:46 PM
Post #58

Group Icon

GS Crew

Since it seems that Smash Bros. and I have a history of this together, it shouldn't be surprising that even Smash 4 3DS has triggered this. I remember I was trying to clear Classic on Intensity 9.0, and failed repeatedly, and I got to the point where I was making sounds like I was being strangled. Whininess included. I even ranted about how unfair I thought Master Core was on TPP Chat and ended up getting banned for a bit because the modbot thought I was spamming with all the letters I put in my message. I've also had moments where I was getting pissed.gif in doing All-Star Mode on Hard, and kept getting beaten on stage 3 after managing to make it fairly far the previous night. And even though I didn't rage like the previous two instances, I've gotten all "Oh, come ON!" when I lose in the final battle in Smash Run, usually because I didn't boost the relevant stat enough and felt like I got cheated out of a win. Like, last night, I was doing SR with Link and lost both the Run! and Climb! final battles because my Speed and Jump weren't high enough for me to win.

--------------------

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

+Quote Post

Arkinine
post Oct 25 2014, 01:11 PM
Post #59

The only person I know that liked Hoenn
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 147

Wolfe

I usually wind up cussing out Skyrim in frustration for one reason or another, but the one game I really remember being mad at was Starfox Assault. There was this one boss I just could not get past, so I ragequit. Then we sold the gamecube and my brother took the Wii to college so I haven't been able to re-try it.

--------------------
My Party

75% of Roleplayers don't care about doing a good job at Roleplaying. If you are one of the 25% of roleplayers who really cares, copy and paste this into your signature.

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

The Majestic Mr ...
post Oct 25 2014, 04:36 PM
Post #60

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

Ohohoho, yes, I do. In fact off the top of my head, I remember getting super pissed a Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. There's one part where you have to fight Bowser, and I could not beat him for the life of me, and I actually gave up the game for like three years because of it.
Other than that, Halo I get angry at, but that's probably either because my team is really bad, or my opponents are cheap a-holes. Even Pokemon can get on my nerves if I'm fighting, say, a Double Team spammer and I end up losing because of it.
Some games I don't get angry at, but in the case of, say, Smash Bros. or even Pokemon, if a computer does something really cheap I'll say something like "You d***!"

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:08 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.