Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Legendary Pokemon
Flamer
post Apr 10 2010, 03:54 PM
Post #1

Insert whitty phrase here
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 757

Faves

New Gen = new legendary Pokemon. Its a given. But, the 5th Gen brings up more questions regarding the new legendaries than any before it. Will they continue to add increasing amounts of legendaries? Are they doing to continue with the theme of legendaries being key parts of nature? And if so, whats left to cover. Whats bigger than time and space? And similarly, are they going to try and top the 'God' of all Pokemon, Arceus? Or, will White/Black see a return to the style of legendary Pokemon see in the first two gens?

Personally, I think they've exausted the ever increasing power in legendaries, and with the Black/White titles, and they're correspondance to the Japanese Ying and Yang, we could see a return to the Gen 2 style Legendaries, where the pair embodied opposite elements of nature, (in Lugia and Ho-oh's case the sea and sky), rather than controlled them in the way legendaries of Gen 3 and 4 have. I think the number of legendaries added will stay around the same, so probably about 13, possibly more. They seem to like the large amount of legendaries in the games now, and a return to just 5 or so is unlikely.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Wastelander
post Apr 10 2010, 04:25 PM
Post #2

True king
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 552

The Runaways

Provided they go back to the old fashioned ying-and-yang-style implemented in earlier gens, I'd love to see some evil-good legendaries- e.g one legendary is the embodiment of light; possibly an electric legendary? Whilst the other embodies shadows/darkness.

But if they add even more legendaries than the fourth gen... gah... facepalm.gif

--------------------

Software engineer by day. Hermit writer by night.
nothing is impossible chasing a super hero on the run
+Quote Post

OKelly
post Apr 10 2010, 04:32 PM
Post #3

Hello.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 16 678

Active Squad

Here another Big Question:New Gen means new Starters SO what the New Starters.... I dont know Maybe they are Sponge Bob Patrick and squidward!!! but really would they still stick with the Old fire water grass or will they change it up a bit????

plus to me at first i thought Zorua and the other Z dude were the 1st evolution Legendary but im guess no... but if they are then yay but if they aren't its okay but hoping they can be found easily in the wild or Maybe a new starter i dont know im not from ninetendo or from Japan......

This post has been edited by LexDoom: Apr 10 2010, 04:35 PM

--------------------
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘ IM IN LOVE WITH THE COCO ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘ I GET IT FOR THE LOW LOW ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

+Quote Post

Koritsi
post Apr 10 2010, 04:59 PM
Post #4

The Blonde Menace
Group Icon

Member No.: 80 691

HeartGold

I just hope they don't get crazy like 4th gen. although I know they will, but I stopped caring when they were more mythological and supposedly shaped the world (3rd gen.)

QUOTE(LexDoom @ Apr 10 2010, 02:32 PM) *
but really would they still stick with the Old fire water grass or will they change it up a bit????
I hope so, I just want to see more type combinations that they haven't done.

--------------------

+Quote Post

iRyu
post Apr 10 2010, 05:50 PM
Post #5

Concerto Allegro
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 512

My Beast Shiny Team

There's no way they could top Arceus as it is the "god" of pokemon. They could build under that however. Palkia being Space, Dialga is time. One could be like body and the other soul but that's to deep for little kids.

I hope they do go back to the yin-yang style legendaries because the territorial freak pokemon have been getting really annoying. I hope they don't add more than 5 legendaries though because 39 is way to many for them all to be legendary. I consider most of them as "extremely-rare pokemon that secluded themselves from the world because they were picking a fight with someone else and now they this long unsettled dispute to get over. So now when someone sees them they claim to have seen a legendary pokemon."

And on the subject of Zoroark for a second, Why is he a phantom pokemon? I thought Mew was the Phantom Pokemon.

--------------------

Just realized he had claims facepalm.gif umbreon.gif (shiny) & cyndaquil.gif absol.gif

+Quote Post

Count Bleck
post Apr 10 2010, 06:09 PM
Post #6

Let's fight. Like gentlemons.
Group Icon

Member No.: 819

Cast of SPM! (evil)

No, Mew was the Mirage pokemon. a Phantom is more sinsister, and what I've seen from a japanesse movie trailer, He could be anything or anyone. So he's probably rarely seen in his true form.Unlike Mew, who is rarely seen, period.

Ebter movie trailer here.

--------------------

"75% of Roleplayers don't care about doing a good job at Roleplaying. If you are one of the 25% of roleplayers who really cares, copy and paste this into your signature."
Click these eggs or feel my CLAWS!!! -CommanderZerxer, Shiny Zergoose

"White forest and Black City. Thank goodness Gamefreak and Nintendo decided to make it that way or people would think it was racist."-hungryhippo247, Youtube.

glitter (click to show)
roleplay (click to show)
cards groups and pics (click to show)
+Quote Post

iRyu
post Apr 10 2010, 06:23 PM
Post #7

Concerto Allegro
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 512

My Beast Shiny Team

QUOTE(Count Bleck @ Apr 10 2010, 07:09 PM) *
No, Mew was the Mirage pokemon. a Phantom is more sinsister, and what I've seen from a japanesse movie trailer, He could be anything or anyone. So he's probably rarely seen in his true form.Unlike Mew, who is rarely seen, period.

Ebter movie trailer here.

Well what about this then?

It says mew is the 151st Phantom pokemon. Or did something go wrong in the translation and it was meant to be mirage

--------------------

Just realized he had claims facepalm.gif umbreon.gif (shiny) & cyndaquil.gif absol.gif

+Quote Post

Captain Darth Ja...
post Apr 10 2010, 10:10 PM
Post #8

Not aware of what's going on.
Group Icon

Member No.: 13 321

My Future Team

I think it would be interesting if their was 1 cute, 2 ubers (version mascots) and 2 trios, with each being represented by the mascots. ie, like how Ho-oh represents the dogs and Lugia represents the birds. And, if we`re sticking with the light/dark theme then one version could have a Light/Whatver trio and the other could have a Dark/Whatever trio. On the other hand, I'd like to see a trio that's Fight/Whatever too.

Oh, and the cute should be Bug/Psychic. I don't think we actually have one of those yet...

--------------------
Please sir, might you click them?

DON'T CLICK THEM AFTER 11:00 SERVER TIME!
I'm usually not on and probably won't be able to click back.

♫~99.8% of anime fans are obsessing over Naruto. If you are the last few of the clan who can think up three better animes than this, copy and paste this into your signature.
BTW: Soul Eater, Death Note, and Digimon.
+Quote Post

The great Cthulh...
post Apr 11 2010, 12:36 AM
Post #9

Humans taste like chicken
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 358

The pokes

I just want some pokemon that look like animals not freaking space ships ( i am lookin at you mangnezone ) and maibe a pre evolution onix

--------------------
Working on new signature , meanwhile watch this monkey take a bath
I will no longer make a new signature , enjoy the freaking monkey >C

+Quote Post

Pizza Guy111
post Apr 11 2010, 11:31 AM
Post #10

Humble Soldier
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 986

The Brigade

I'm really hoping for less legendaries... Just 4-5 will be good enough, kthxbai

--------------------
Stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Apr 11 2010, 11:34 AM
Post #11

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Yeah... they had way too many legendaries in Hoenn. About 10 maybe? 2 lati, 3 regi, 3 trio, dexoys x4, jirachi. You do the math

I think they should have the game Legendary then a Trio.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Crystalina
post Apr 11 2010, 11:46 AM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 91 252

Soul Silver Team

4th gen exploded with Legendary. Hopefully, we will just get a few, but something tells me that they will go crazy with them.

Also, possible new types and new type combination on some?

--------------------

Sig made by me~ ; Click above for GPX Party~
+Quote Post

Pokii
post Apr 11 2010, 04:19 PM
Post #13

Adorable Demonic Pinecone
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 2 319

ORAS Team

Because of them being Black/White, I'm at least predicting a Dark type Legendary, if not also a new Light type one.

--------------------
| | | | |

Make me an avatar!

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

post Apr 11 2010, 06:10 PM
Post #14

Pokemon Battler/Trainer/Coordinator
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 544

My team in Emerald

QUOTE(Flamer @ Apr 10 2010, 01:54 PM) *
Personally, I think they've exausted the ever increasing power in legendaries, and with the Black/White titles, and they're correspondance to the Japanese Ying and Yang, we could see a return to the Gen 2 style Legendaries, where the pair embodied opposite elements of nature, (in Lugia and Ho-oh's case the sea and sky), rather than controlled them in the way legendaries of Gen 3 and 4 have.

Yin and Yang basicly mean Opposites. Gen 3 and 4 had opposites. Did you forget about Kyogre and Groudon? Sea and Land, Rayquaza as well, he represents sky.

Also, big time yin yang factor here: Darkrai and Cresselia.

Just because something is Supposedly Yin-Yang style doesn't mean they'll go back to the way things were in other generations. It's a prediction yes, but extremely unlikely.

This post has been edited by Freaknik: Apr 11 2010, 06:24 PM

--------------------
I obtained Sasuke Uchiha and Rock Lee eggs! And YOU didn't! grin.gif (click to show)

My claims (click to show)

YEEEEAAAAAH! (click to show)

+Quote Post

ElMoro
post Apr 12 2010, 03:49 PM
Post #15

Fear The Dark.
Group Icon

Member No.: 738

Blaze it.

I'd rather there weren't legendary version mascots. Maybe one trio and a main pokemon like gen 1. And don't make the storyline revolve so heavily around it.

--------------------
+Quote Post

MallratDogma
post Apr 13 2010, 12:10 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 555

Active Squad

I think that Gen V legends should be small in size, but pack a butt-load of power. Kind of like Shaymin(size-wise) but way more powerful.

--------------------
I am currently working graveyard. So the best time to trade with me is 8am-12noon(I might be working outside) or 8pm-9:30pm Mon-Sat. Pacific Time Zone (GMT-8) Schedule a time and I'll show up
Click Birdo II for my current GPX+ party
I am a reallife shiny breeder. If you would like one email me at Nito927@yahoo.com or message me and we'll set something up. Pearl FC 3180 2509 3375 Check out my offers. Please note that all my Shinies and Event/Legendaries are on "My Pokemon Ranch" on my wii and on Gen 4. If the trade is for Gen 5 - you have to tell me before we set up a trade.
My #1 Rule:If you message me - please keep all the quotes. Not doing so could get no response back or cancel the trade/order. Thanks

DW Female or shiny for DW Female (click to show)

All orders expire in 2 weeks after I give you notice that it has hatched.
+Quote Post

Mephistopheles
post Apr 13 2010, 01:42 PM
Post #17

Mephi from underworld
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 170

Party

I dont know but I want to see badass grass Legendary pokemon. cackle.gif
Why the heck all grass legendaries (Shaimin, Skymin and Celebi) have to be "cute" pokemons

God damnit...

--------------------
(English isn't my first language and I also suffer from dyslexia. So sometimes my English might be out of this world...)
->Dragon Cave<-

~~
+Quote Post

Hoolo
post Apr 13 2010, 01:54 PM
Post #18

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 361

Heartgold.

I see them using the seven deadly sins, maybe spread out over multiple generations.

And Ice legends. Ice, ice, baby.

--------------------

Deviantly,
DeviantArt Arts
+Quote Post

Kingstar
post Apr 13 2010, 02:28 PM
Post #19

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 31 570

Heart Gold Team

They can't beat Arceus caoz he's the god of pokemon other wise it will be the second god of pokemon and it'll just be stupid

--------------------

+Quote Post

MattKha
post Apr 13 2010, 04:04 PM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 91 419

My Poke'mon team

If there's a god there has to be a satin... O.O... And i dunno too much about the light... if they do light they have to take out normal completely... because tackle and tailwhip and such can all just be fighting if you look at it... Maybe they should expand more on the aura... like how lucario is sapose to be aura... but what? fighting and steel?... >.>... He was weak to almost everything... i was dissapointed in the game...

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 09:33 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.