Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
People ADD/ADHD, Docs Taking Advantage?
Dmitri
post May 7 2012, 06:54 AM
Post #21

Lecherous Demon
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 155 791

Team Scourge

ADHD did not save your life. It is called reflexes and in no way was classsified as ADHD. The fuck u talkin bout, bro?
"CONTROL US"
hello are you fucking schizo or something yes the government is out to control all of us!!! They're using brainwashing mind chips when we give blood! It's in the water! 
Seriously I hate people who think everything is conspiracy the government is not out abducting aliens from outer space good fuck.
ADHD medication is meant to help chemistry in the brain work normally. It is in no was associated with "making you normal." Nobody is normal. No one.

Do you fucking hear yourself? That's incredibly poor reasoning and I'm not going to ever agree to your flawed justification. ADHD does not alter one personality, you obviously don't know Jack shit about it, like most of the people I've seen in this thread. 

Okay you don't know what ADHD is, obviously. 

Also ADHD has nothing to do with intelligence btw. I have a working IQ of 143 and taking IB classes, so.

WOW 30 WHOLE SECONDS????!!!!!!!!!!!???????111/
Anyone can sit still for thirty seconds, it's not that hard. But I hope you realize what ADHD does in the brain; in short, it makes you unable to pay attention for long series of time. I really hope you aren't implying I don't want to be worth something one day, because my goal is to be a full-time fictional author. If you really have ADHD(which I highly doubt by your statements, but whatever), then you would know that paying attention or sitting still for hours at a time is difficult. I mean, it's hard enough to sit through high school without ADHD, and my medicine I've been medically prescribed helps me get through the day; to me, the differences are visibly there.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

The Unholy Diver
post May 7 2012, 07:29 PM
Post #22

The asteriotypical one
Group Icon

From: The wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell
Member No.: 161 989

Z's Team (so far)

QUOTE(Hexxy @ May 7 2012, 04:54 AM) *
ADHD did not save your life.[yes it did] It is called reflexes and in no way was classsified as ADHD.[if u were in my situation, u would still be watching ur friends. besides, that's only one minor example] The fuck u talkin bout, bro?
"CONTROL US"
hello are you fucking schizo or something yes the government is out to control all of us!!! They're using brainwashing mind chips when we give blood! It's in the water! 
Seriously I hate people who think everything is conspiracy the government is not out abducting aliens from outer space good fuck.[i m not one of those people.]
ADHD medication is meant to help chemistry in the brain work normally. It is in no was associated with "making you normal." Nobody is normal. No one.

Do you fucking hear yourself? That's incredibly poor reasoning and I'm not going to ever agree to your flawed justification. ADHD does not alter one personality[yes it does, i've been on medication and it completely changed me], you obviously don't know Jack shit about it, like most of the people I've seen in this thread. 
[i happen to HAVE IT]
Okay you don't know what ADHD is, obviously. [attention deficit hyper disorder when you can't pay attention and your mind always wonders]

Also ADHD has nothing to do with intelligence[i never said anything about it directly affecting my intelegence. it made it easeir for me to think without having to pay attention to stupid things people always pay attention to] btw. I have a working IQ of 143 and taking IB classes, so.

WOW 30 WHOLE SECONDS????!!!!!!!!!!!???????111/
Anyone can sit still for thirty seconds,[i can't] it's not that hard.[YES IT IS] But I hope you realize what ADHD does in the brain[at a chemical level almost]; in short, it makes you unable to pay attention for long series of time.[DUH] I really hope you aren't implying I don't want to be worth something one day, because my goal is to be a full-time fictional author.[whoopde-do] If you really have ADHD(which I highly doubt by your statements, but whatever), then you would know that paying attention or sitting still for hours at a time is difficult. I mean, it's hard enough to sit through high school without ADHD, and my medicine I've been medically prescribed helps me get through the day; to me, the differences are visibly there.
facepalm.gif
everything in brackets is my reply srsfacts.gif
i'm not saying that medication should be banned btw, im just saying it's not needed so heavily. i think i was a little harsh with the comment about sitting still in school. my brain is hardwired to gain any knowledge available(including some usless info), so it's easy for me. But i bet you have an easy time paying attention when you are writing about something you want to or are in the mood to write about. Or maybe have an easy time sitting still when occupied by gnawing on something or playing with something. Truth is that, with extreme considerable effort, ADHD can be cured without medicine. at any time, i could just sit still and choose to rewire my brain to fous more. anyone could do it with a lot of time. i just choose not to. if i ever get bored, i just read or contemplate the mechanics of the universe or maybe reflect on metaphysics or other philosophy. The easiest way to live without medication is to purposefully trail your mind into a random subject and get lost in your own world if there is nothing else to do. if your listening to a lecture, just connect it to real life and see how it applies in your head. I'm not going to lie and say it's easy, but it beats loading your body with potentialy unnecisary medication.

--------------------
Thanks to the mobile site, I'm back on gpx!

I CAN CLICK BACK NOW

credit (click to show)
+Quote Post

Dmitri
post May 7 2012, 07:39 PM
Post #23

Lecherous Demon
Group Icon

Team Scourge

"Without enough stimulation coming from the environment, an ADHD child will create it him or herself by walking around, fidgeting, talking, etc. This theory also explains why stimulant medications have high success rates and can induce a calming effect at therapeutic dosages among children with ADHD."
It's not unnecessary, it's calming. You seem to have a lower form of ADHD, considering you can self cure. Not everyone can. So medicine is necessary to function without fidgeting and the like. So, there you go.

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Unholy Diver
post May 11 2012, 06:09 PM
Post #24

The asteriotypical one
Group Icon

Z's Team (so far)

QUOTE(Hexxy @ May 7 2012, 05:39 PM) *
"Without enough stimulation coming from the environment, an ADHD child will create it him or herself by walking around, fidgeting, talking, etc. This theory also explains why stimulant medications have high success rates and can induce a calming effect at therapeutic dosages among children with ADHD."
It's not unnecessary, it's calming. You seem to have a lower form of ADHD, considering you can self cure. Not everyone can. So medicine is necessary to function without fidgeting and the like. So, there you go.
no.gif
The doctor didn't seem to think so. They tried about two or three different medications before i decided it wasn't working. This one medication was supposed to help me sleep but it actually gave me insomnia. Every medication i tried really didn't help much.

--------------------

I CAN CLICK BACK NOW

credit (click to show)
+Quote Post

Dmitri
post May 12 2012, 04:22 PM
Post #25

Lecherous Demon
Group Icon

Team Scourge

There is more than one medication for ADHD.
With my medication, if you do not have ADHD brain chemistry, you can actually get high from taking it. So, as I'm not high, it works quite fine.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reyo
post May 12 2012, 04:25 PM
Post #26

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

My Dad does this thing where he'll deny the existence of ADHD to the high heavens, and then say that anyone who doesn't act "normal" has it. Personally, if it's before the age of 10 it's more likely that it's just the kid being a hyperactive little kid.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

The Unholy Diver
post May 16 2012, 06:37 PM
Post #27

The asteriotypical one
Group Icon

Z's Team (so far)

QUOTE(Hexxy @ May 12 2012, 02:22 PM) *
There is more than one medication for ADHD.
With my medication, if you do not have ADHD brain chemistry, you can actually get high from taking it. So, as I'm not high, it works quite fine.

i tried at least three or five. not one worked

--------------------

I CAN CLICK BACK NOW

credit (click to show)
+Quote Post

The Signless
post May 17 2012, 06:44 AM
Post #28

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 164 030

Active Squad

Personally, I've seen a few people (mostly younger teens, mind you) self-diagnose ADD/ADHD, because "lol i'm so hyper and random" or even just so they can do whatever they like. Same with autism/aspergers, somethink it gives them a free ticket to act like a huge douche-canoe.

Medication doesn't work the same way for everybody - that's why you'll end up on different ones until you find something suitable for you in particular. If you can deal with it yourself just by stimming etc. then that's fine, but some people do need the mediciation.

Bluh, anyways, I can't say I have any real experience with ADD/ADHD myself. So, mabe take what I'm saying with a pinch of salt.
(Although my sister has voiced concern that I may be affected by it - I'm incredibly figity, always needing to do something with my hands, won't do one task for more than about an hour or so before I feel the need to move onto somehting else etc. But I digress, that's just me :V)

--------------------
"I COULD HATE A HOLE IN PARADOX SPACE ITSELF, STRAIGHT THROUGH TO A NEW REALITY FRESH FOR THE HATING"

"うつろうこの世界 何を信じて生きればいい?"

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:11 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.