Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
North Carolina passes same-sex marriage ban
Sharkosaurus
post May 10 2012, 10:52 PM
Post #1

Gentleman Bastard
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 93 071

smogon ban genies pls

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/08/politics...iage/index.html

*le large sigh*
America is the land of the free they said. We love freedom they said.

What do you guys think of this?

--------------------
ayy
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

BarkingChaos
post May 10 2012, 11:03 PM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 100

Sandshrew Army

North Carolina is part of the bible belt. Doesn't surprise me in the least
+Quote Post

Reyo
post May 11 2012, 02:46 AM
Post #3

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

I wonder if this is any sort of retaliation for when el presidente announced his acceptance of gay marriage. Either way, it's gonna take a lot of baby steps until homosexuality is no longer a discriminatory issue. Civil rights didn't happen over night, it was a process. All we do I guess is keep fighting it, the younger, less homophobic members of society will eventually be in the position to delude some of the older influence soon enough.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

Yamper
post May 11 2012, 02:56 AM
Post #4

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Unfortuntely the advertisements weren't very clear, were they? Or so I've heard. People just thought it was about gay marriage - yet it wasn't.

Honestly it's just dumb. Are they really that much of a problem for people? Apparently so. Just because you "deviate from what is considered the 'norm'" doesn't make you less eligible for marriage and other rights. Still human beings, but apparently not. Apparently some 'freaks' who just because they're not straight they don't have the same rights as others.

Sickening. I hope it gets repealed. I signed up for the petition. Probably the best thing I've done so far IMO.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Sharkosaurus
post May 11 2012, 03:30 AM
Post #5

Gentleman Bastard
Group Icon

smogon ban genies pls

QUOTE(Freeze Shock @ May 11 2012, 02:56 AM) *
Honestly it's just dumb. Are they really that much of a problem for people?

QUOTE(SplitSecondSanity)
You see, religious people have these belief that marriage belongs to them. That if they let people they don't like marry each other, they get to be in there secret marriage club. They can't have that, oh no.

They like to believe that a child should be left all alone and without parents rather than two loving same-sex parents. Despite the fact brothers and sisters have sometimes raised children just fine had one of their partners passed away. I mean only if they love one another in a known sibling way is it wrong.

Ohh and marriage is only between a man and a woman. It's not about love, it's about if one of you has a penis and the other has a ******.

Makes sense if you don't think about it.

From someone I know.

This post has been edited by Wings of Sorrow: May 11 2012, 03:31 AM

--------------------
ayy
+Quote Post

Yamper
post May 11 2012, 03:38 AM
Post #6

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

It actually wasn't a question lol. More of a statement :P But I agree with what your friend said. NO idea why he/she starred out the female anatomical parts, though.

Ehh the sooner religion starts to accept gay marriage the better. Not saying all religious people are like that. I know plenty of good religious people who believe it's right to have same-sex marriage.

I guess it's about what I mentioned before. "If you deviate from the norm then you're not entitled to anything".

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Sharkosaurus
post May 11 2012, 03:50 AM
Post #7

Gentleman Bastard
Group Icon

smogon ban genies pls

QUOTE(Freeze Shock @ May 11 2012, 03:38 AM) *
It actually wasn't a question lol. More of a statement :P But I agree with what your friend said. NO idea why he/she starred out the female anatomical parts, though.

Ehh the sooner religion starts to accept gay marriage the better. Not saying all religious people are like that. I know plenty of good religious people who believe it's right to have same-sex marriage.

He starred out those because...
Marriage was supposed to be uniting two people who love each other right? Straight or gay, it's about love. It's different now. Right now, the restriction for marriage is: You can only marry if your partner has the opposite reproductive organ.

That's gonna be tough. It's already written in their religious book: No gay marriage.

Moving back to the topic about NC banning gay marriage: I wonder how many states are going to do the same? Probably the best hope for homosexuals to marry is for Ron Paul to win.

--------------------
ayy
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post May 11 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #8

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

i was talking to gacko and he said that this was more to prevent domestic partnerships and civil unions than gay marriage, cause gay marriage was already illegal

biting off your nose to spite your face eh? at least they've got cheerwine

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Grouch
post May 12 2012, 11:00 PM
Post #9

And this is how the world ends.
Group Icon

Member No.: 96 726

but a whimper.

I have driven through NC before. They erect giant metal crosses along the highway. This doesn't surprise me in the least.

--------------------
Team (click to show)
+Quote Post

The Signless
post May 16 2012, 08:03 AM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 164 030

Active Squad

I was under the impression they outlawed all civil partnerships (even those for opposite-sex couples) and in doing so, outlawed same-sex marriage. Or did I misunderstand?

I understand some people don't agree with it, but it isn't exactly fair to force your views and beliefs on others like that. :/
Some of you are saying you're not surprised - are there a lot of states in the USA like this? It just seems really strange to me...

--------------------
"I COULD HATE A HOLE IN PARADOX SPACE ITSELF, STRAIGHT THROUGH TO A NEW REALITY FRESH FOR THE HATING"

"うつろうこの世界 何を信じて生きればいい?"

+Quote Post

The Unholy Diver
post May 20 2012, 01:18 PM
Post #11

The asteriotypical one
Group Icon

From: The wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell
Member No.: 161 989

Z's Team (so far)

THIS IS B isay.gif
i think this is a defilation of our constitutional right!
we have a right to love who we want, we have a right to believe what we want, and we, most importantly, have a right to live free of persicution and fear of judgement for our beliefs.
~and yet, we use beliefs to govern and entire state. I for one think it is just a political scheme to win over the majority of people so those people can stay in power. we can use this to our advantage, though. if we change the entire state's belief, we chage the entire government's action.

--------------------
Thanks to the mobile site, I'm back on gpx!

I CAN CLICK BACK NOW

credit (click to show)
+Quote Post

Dmitri
post May 20 2012, 04:23 PM
Post #12

Lecherous Demon
Group Icon

Member No.: 155 791

Team Scourge

QUOTE(zerohundred @ May 20 2012, 01:18 PM) *
THIS IS B isay.gif
we have a right to love who we want, we have a right to believe what we want, and we, most importantly, have a right to live free of persicution and fear of judgement for our beliefs.
~and yet, we use beliefs to govern and entire state. I for one think it is just a political scheme to win over the majority of people so those people can stay in power. we can use this to our advantage, though. if we change the entire state's belief, we chage the entire government's action.

obama is for same-sex marriage though, so, excuse me, what?

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Unholy Diver
post May 20 2012, 04:51 PM
Post #13

The asteriotypical one
Group Icon

From: The wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell
Member No.: 161 989

Z's Team (so far)

QUOTE(Hexxy @ May 20 2012, 02:23 PM) *
QUOTE(zerohundred @ May 20 2012, 01:18 PM) *
THIS IS B isay.gif

obama is for same-sex marriage though, so, excuse me, what?

But obama's probably not going to stay in power for very long anyway. besides, the states individualy pass laws as well, so it is better off to start out one state at a time first so people see that it can work out. It is only human nature to want to be on the winning side, so we become the winning side, and, volla!!! Everyone who wasn't very strong on the other side is on our side now. (btw i didn't know obama was for same sex marriages.)

--------------------
Thanks to the mobile site, I'm back on gpx!

I CAN CLICK BACK NOW

credit (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post May 20 2012, 08:27 PM
Post #14

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

QUOTE(The Signless @ May 16 2012, 09:03 AM) *
I was under the impression they outlawed all civil partnerships (even those for opposite-sex couples) and in doing so, outlawed same-sex marriage. Or did I misunderstand?

Other way around. Same-sex was already banned, civil partnerships were just banned with this bill, which I personally find is pretty retarded.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:09 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.