Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Shoddy Battle Single-Type Team, Yes, I do seriously play a single-type team.
Eridan Ampora
post Oct 2 2009, 07:12 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 5 814

The Water Squad

It's not an Ice-type or Dark-type team, though, so it doesn't include Weavile.

I'm not really sure what sparked this team. I think it started off with me trying to design an all-Psychic-types team, and somewhere along the way, I got derailed and ended up with an all-Water-types team. It performs about as well as the type-balanced team I play, so it's not all that horrible despite the obvious type restriction.

I play with the following clauses: Evasion, Freeze, OHKO, Sleep, Soul Dew, Species.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Liquid Ooze
Calm
252 HP/120 Def/136 SpA
-Rapid Spin
-Sludge Bomb
-Toxic Spikes
-Surf

Rapid Spinner, Toxic Spiker. Sludge Bomb and Surf both get STAB. I have a habit of using it as an opener, but recently I've started to have second thoughts. Not sure what I'd replace it with, though.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Torrent
Calm
252 HP/160 Def/4 Spe/92 SpD
-Grass Knot
-Ice Beam
-Knock Off
-Surf

Empoleon pretty much comes in to use Grass Knot or Ice Beam (more frequently the latter than the former) and to Knock Off annoying items on opponents. The multitude of resistances is extremely helpful in some situations.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Bold
188 HP/252 Def/68 Spe
-Protect
-Surf
-Yawn
-Wish

Wish is ridiculously useful. I've outstalled matches using Wish and Protect. I feel this set lacks in versatility, though.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Swift Swim
Lonely
252 Atk/16 Spe/240 SpA
-Rain Dance
-Waterfall
-Surf
-Draco Meteor

Hoo boy, Kingdra desperately needs help. Due to not having Rain Dance support, it spends 10% of its HP just setting it up - and I don't even have the time for setup most of the time, because I tend to not use it until the endgame. I run both Waterfall and Surf due to the Physical/Special split, and Draco Meteor gets STAB and is a good offensive type.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Torrent
Relaxed
240 HP/216 Def/52 SpA
-Earthquake
-Roar
-Stealth Rock
-Surf

Stealth Rock and Roar make for a pretty annoying combo, and Roar in general allows me to get something annoying switched out, which is something I struggled with before I switched to this moveset.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Volt Absorb
Calm
40 HP/80 Spe/136 SpA/252 SpD
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Surf
-Toxic

Oh, Lanturn. I'm so torn with you. On one hand, you make a nice Special wall if you're not getting hit by super-effective stuff, and you're awesome to switch into Jolteon leads to Volt Absorb their Thunderbolts. On the other hand, I never seem to get much mileage out of you, and I'm not sure about the functionality of your moveset beyond Thunderbolt and Surf.

Things I'm considering:
-Turning this into a Rain Dance team. That would probably require Kyogre, though, and I'm not fond of using legendaries. Then again, that's just a personal thing and I'm willing to change the team around if someone suggests something I feel makes sense.
-Switching Ludicolo in there somewhere, somehow.
-Getting the team to be either more aggressive or more defensive. Right now, it just sort of floats in between.

Things I've noticed I have difficulties with:
-Grass-types more than Electric-types. With Electric-types, I can switch pretty safely to Swampert or Lanturn. With Grass-types, I always run into some sort of trouble.
-Metagross. I keep forgetting what to do about it.
-Rotom. Oh lord it's ridiculous how badly I get beat by this one little thing.
-Anything that uses Earthquake. Again, I forget what to do about it.
-Porygon-Z. JAYS, it sweeps me.

I can't come up with any more specific examples, but I'll update as I keep battling if anyone's interested in looking in on this. I know it's not the most serious team ever, but I enjoy it and would like to get more enjoyment out of it than I currently do by making it better.

This post has been edited by Mentlegen: Oct 2 2009, 09:51 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Pryce0Koga
post Nov 13 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 72 038

Platinum Team

Just like you say, you're gonna have trouble with Grass and Electric types.
But anyway, good luck with this only water thing on shoddybattle.

--------------------
My current pokémon!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Groups (click to show)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I Am ... (click to show)

Shiny Hunts (click to show)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beary (click to show)
+Quote Post

Plasmacid
post Nov 13 2009, 02:51 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 72 346

Dawn of the Dragons

Changes in bold
QUOTE(Mentlegen @ Oct 2 2009, 07:12 AM) *
It's not an Ice-type or Dark-type team, though, so it doesn't include Weavile.

I'm not really sure what sparked this team. I think it started off with me trying to design an all-Psychic-types team, and somewhere along the way, I got derailed and ended up with an all-Water-types team. It performs about as well as the type-balanced team I play, so it's not all that horrible despite the obvious type restriction.

I play with the following clauses: Evasion, Freeze, OHKO, Sleep, Soul Dew, Species.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Liquid Ooze
Calm
252 HP/120 Def/136 SpA
-Rapid Spin
-Sludge Bomb
-Toxic Spikes
-Surf

Rapid Spinner, Toxic Spiker. Sludge Bomb and Surf both get STAB. I have a habit of using it as an opener, but recently I've started to have second thoughts. Not sure what I'd replace it with, though.

Good, if your going for a supporter tentacruel is one of the best water types for that.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Torrent
Calm
252 HP/160 Def/4 Spe/92 SpD
-Grass Knot
-Ice Beam
-Knock Off
-Surf

Empoleon pretty much comes in to use Grass Knot or Ice Beam (more frequently the latter than the former) and to Knock Off annoying items on opponents. The multitude of resistances is extremely helpful in some situations.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Bold
188 HP/252 Def/68 Spe
-Protect
-Surf
-Yawn
-Wish

Wish is ridiculously useful. I've outstalled matches using Wish and Protect. I feel this set lacks in versatility, though.

Replace yawn with ice beam to handle the common dragon and grass types

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Swift Swim
Lonely
252 Atk/16 Spe/240 SpA
-Rain Dance
-Waterfall
-Surf
-Draco Meteor

Hoo boy, Kingdra desperately needs help. Due to not having Rain Dance support, it spends 10% of its HP just setting it up - and I don't even have the time for setup most of the time, because I tend to not use it until the endgame. I run both Waterfall and Surf due to the Physical/Special split, and Draco Meteor gets STAB and is a good offensive type.

Alright, you need to focus on one or the other.

If you want a special Kingdra replace Draco Meteor with Dragon Pulse, and Waterfall with HP Electric

If you want a physical Kingdra replace Draco Meteor with Outrage and Surf with HP Electric

Rearrange your EV's accordingly.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Torrent
Relaxed
240 HP/216 Def/52 SpA
-Earthquake
-Roar
-Stealth Rock
-Surf

Stealth Rock and Roar make for a pretty annoying combo, and Roar in general allows me to get something annoying switched out, which is something I struggled with before I switched to this moveset.

I guess...

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Volt Absorb
Calm
40 HP/80 Spe/136 SpA/252 SpD
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Surf
-Toxic

Oh, Lanturn. I'm so torn with you. On one hand, you make a nice Special wall if you're not getting hit by super-effective stuff, and you're awesome to switch into Jolteon leads to Volt Absorb their Thunderbolts. On the other hand, I never seem to get much mileage out of you, and I'm not sure about the functionality of your moveset beyond Thunderbolt and Surf.

Alright I'm thinking you should use an Ice/Water to handle grass types.

Walrein@Leftovers
Thick Fat
Bold
220 HP / 240 Def / 48 Spe
~ Protect
~ Surf
~ Earthquake
~ Blizzard

Earthquake would help against Electric types and Surf and Blizzard both get STAB and also Blizzard gives you a counter against grass.

Things I'm considering:
-Turning this into a Rain Dance team. That would probably require Kyogre, though, and I'm not fond of using legendaries. Then again, that's just a personal thing and I'm willing to change the team around if someone suggests something I feel makes sense.
-Switching Ludicolo in there somewhere, somehow.
-Getting the team to be either more aggressive or more defensive. Right now, it just sort of floats in between.

Things I've noticed I have difficulties with:
-Grass-types more than Electric-types. With Electric-types, I can switch pretty safely to Swampert or Lanturn. With Grass-types, I always run into some sort of trouble.
-Metagross. I keep forgetting what to do about it.
-Rotom. Oh lord it's ridiculous how badly I get beat by this one little thing.
-Anything that uses Earthquake. Again, I forget what to do about it.
-Porygon-Z. JAYS, it sweeps me.

I can't come up with any more specific examples, but I'll update as I keep battling if anyone's interested in looking in on this. I know it's not the most serious team ever, but I enjoy it and would like to get more enjoyment out of it than I currently do by making it better.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:04 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.