Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Festive Feasting, Coin and New Year's Raffle Event
Jen
post Nov 27 2023, 02:37 PM
Post #1

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

[Banner by Level-X]

Hello, everyone!

Thank you for your participation in the Planning Events thread that PokeNom set up a bit ago! There are some really great ideas in there, including a Festive Feasting theme suggested by Isla de Monte Cristo!

The event will run from the 8th of December until the 31st of December at reset. (December 7th 11:55pm ET -> December 31st 11:55pm ET)
Start of event countdown.

chikorita.gif If you had any leftover Coins from the last event in October, your total will be reset to 0 when the event begins.

munchlax.gif The dreidel will be active from December 8th until the end of Hanukkah on December 15th. It will work the same as usual.

miltank.gif The Event Shop will remain open throughout the month of January.

gulpin.gif When the event begins at the designated time, the following feast themed Pokémon will hatch with a Coin:

Appetizers:
Chikorita
Clamperl
Clauncher
Clobbopus
Foongus
Krabby
Morelull
Pumpkaboo
Seedot
Shellder
Sunkern

Entrees:
Barboach
Bouffalant
Corphish
Ducklett
Exeggcute
Farfetch'd
Galarian Farfetch'd
Miltank
Psyduck
Qwilfish
Remoraid
Tauros
Wishiwashi
Wooloo

Desserts:
Applin
Bounsweet
Cherubi
Sinistea
Swablu
Swirlix
Tropius
Vanillite

Guests:
Chewtle
Cramorant
Gible
Gulpin
Mawile
Munchlax
Skwovet

If you've saved enough Coins, you'll be able to exchange them for some lovely prizes in the Event Shop!
Prizes range from 10 Coins to a top prize of 500 Coins (plus up to 10 Repel at 1 Coin to help you use up any remaining balance before the shop closes at the end of January).

We hope you'll have lots of fun with this event!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Jen
post Nov 27 2023, 02:48 PM
Post #2

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

New Year's Raffle

Happy New Years! Due to an unpredictable month for Zerxer and I, the New Year Raffle event will coincide with the December coin event. We are having our second child, and she's for sure coming out this month! If she doesn't surprise us with an early arrival, we are scheduled to have her out on December 29th and are planning to stay in the hospital until January 1st.

Event details followed:
* There will be raffle tickets available to purchase in the event shop this year.
* The raffle will take place sometime on January 1st. Subject to change, but we should be able to run it in the later half of the day server time.

The raffle has run. Please refer to this post for details.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Rhapsody
post Dec 1 2023, 12:05 AM
Post #3

you got some nice boulders
Group Icon

Member No.: 795

porgeymins

Congratulations to you both!

Hope everyone is excited about this event and has enough time to get what they want! I have a few things on my to hunt list in this event.

--------------------
+Quote Post

ThunderMoss
post Dec 1 2023, 12:23 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 47 440

Active Squad

Congratulations on the imminent family addition!

Smiling with good holiday (and family) cheer.

Regards,
-TM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Dec 1 2023, 01:30 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

Wow, a second child! The Jenxer family is growing up so fast <3 I remember when you two had your first! So excited for y'all, especially for a holiday baby!

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

Supernewf
post Dec 1 2023, 04:01 AM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 238 149

Active Squad

Congratz to your family. hope its a smooth and safe experience.
+Quote Post

isthiscereallife
post Dec 1 2023, 04:17 AM
Post #7

endcaller
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 56 593

Active Squad

Congrats on the baby, and I'm excited for the new events now that I'm here and playing the game again ^^

--------------------
26 - he/him

+Quote Post

Isla de Monte Cr...
post Dec 1 2023, 06:03 AM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 612

Active Squad

Congratulations Jen and Nick! So exciting that your family is growing again!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Delcatty
post Dec 1 2023, 05:58 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 688

Active Squad

Congratulations on the upcoming child. ♥ May it be swift and easy.

QUOTE(Jen @ Nov 27 2023, 01:48 PM) *
Event details followed:
* There will be raffle tickets available to purchase in the event shop this year.

Does this mean that the new years raffle will require choosing between it and coin prizes? Because that's a pretty bad feeling choice unless it's got a guarantee of like, shiny voucher minimum or something like that. Choosing between low tier coin items like repels, heart sweets, sweet honey, etc., vs raffle tickets last year was one thing, but choosing between actual high value items in the event shop (especially summoning chances after all vouchers are purchased) and raffle tickets feels really, really bad. Especially with how low activity the events are compared to this time last year.

Like, it feels like there's a huge difference between a one-day event where you can't stock up that many coins, and where once you've depleted everything else, the best option is just miscellaneous 1-2PP items, but having to choose between summons you've worked the majority of the month to earn vs a raffle ticket that guarantees nothing feels... Less than fun.

I understand the time constraints and I fully sympathize with them, but perhaps instead of being purchased, they could calculate off of either coins earned total (though I'm not sure if that's tracked) or instead coins at the end of the month (since the coin shop will be open for spending through January)? Or even on a specific day (e.g. the 20th or whatever, this is a random date picked to not fall in the Delivery Date Window).

This post has been edited by Delcatty: Dec 1 2023, 06:05 PM

--------------------

I did it.
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 1 2023, 06:30 PM
Post #10

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

QUOTE(Delcatty @ Dec 1 2023, 05:58 PM) *
I understand the time constraints and I fully sympathize with them, but perhaps instead of being purchased, they could calculate off of either coins earned total (though I'm not sure if that's tracked) or instead coins at the end of the month (since the coin shop will be open for spending through January)? Or even on a specific day (e.g. the 20th or whatever, this is a random date picked to not fall in the Delivery Date Window).

I understand what you're saying, but specifically with regards to "or instead coins at the end of the month (since the coin shop will be open for spending through January)?", this would just mean no one buys anything in the shop until after the raffle and then they get a raffle prize and still get to spend all their coins.

The raffle will likely be the same as what it was last year, so you can see what the prizes were. I think if you really prefer the summons, then just spend on that. If you don't need summons and want to play the raffle, go for that. You really only need to buy one ticket, I think there were a few years where the top few prizes went to one or more people with less than 10 entries. It's like a real raffle/lottery in that way. Buying more tickets just stuffs the box with more chances, but isn't required.

Would it feel better if we put a cap / maximum on the amount of tickets you can buy? To help curb that feeling of "I need to save and spend every coin on a ticket"?

It's a very long event and there will be a good chunk of time with the dreidel active where you have the opportunity to earn even more coins. You'll also get extra coins from the scavenge hunt.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Zurqoxn
post Dec 2 2023, 12:36 AM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 69 549

Active Squad

Needs Morpeko under 'guests'.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Delcatty
post Dec 6 2023, 10:02 AM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 688

Active Squad

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Dec 1 2023, 05:30 PM) *
Would it feel better if we put a cap / maximum on the amount of tickets you can buy? To help curb that feeling of "I need to save and spend every coin on a ticket"?

I'm a bit late, but yes, that would help a lot.

--------------------

I did it.
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Dec 8 2023, 11:01 PM
Post #13

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

Congratulations, Jen and Zerxer! Mazel Tov! Joyous Noel! Happy Festivus!

Seriously though, congratulations on your second bundle of joy. I adore watching the two of you grow from just one person meeting and falling in love with another to a twosome that become a family-some. I am truly so happy for you both!

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Jan 1 2024, 12:44 AM
Post #14

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

New Year's Raffle:

As originally mentioned, for every Raffle Ticket prize you purchased, you earned 1 entry into the raffle. There were 422 eligible users, and 305 voucher prizes went out. Given that it's a raffle, a prize is not guaranteed (nor is the rarity of the prize), you simply increase your chances by having more entries.

Here's the list of prizes that went out:
  • 5 - Sh. Legend Voucher Plus
  • 15 - Sh. Regieleki Voucher
  • 10 - Sh. Otherworldly Voucher
  • 25 - Sh. Novelty Voucher
  • 50 - Sh. Voucher Plus
  • 100 - Legend Voucher Plus
  • 100 - Regieleki Voucher
The first number is how many of that prize were distributed, and nothing to do with your number of entries. Someone with just 1 entry, and someone with 250 entries, were both eligible for up to one of the prizes.

As you can see, Regieleki is now available! Thanks to Zefa for spriting it.

Happy New Year!

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Gato
post Jan 1 2024, 01:07 AM
Post #15

Pokemon Plushie Collector
Group Icon

Member No.: 60 319

Dream Team

I can't believe I won the top prize....!!!! Please let this luck be the sign of good things this year!!!

--------------------

Click on my good friend Jirachi here to visit my eggs and Pokemon!
+Quote Post

Gema J Gall
post Jan 1 2024, 01:58 AM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 970

Active Squad

I didn't realize raffle tickets would vanish from the shop at midnight; it wasn't in the announcement post. The announcement post said that the raffle likely wouldn't happen until noon, so I had assumed we would have until then to buy tickets. Therefore, I wound up not having any tickets as I tried to buy them at midnight and they were gone. My mistake, I know. Sad face.

Anyway, is there any other way we can get Regieleki? This'll absolutely kill my site ranking, and I'd like a chance to work hard and earn one, preferrably soon. Thank you.

--------------------

"All dreams are but another reality. Don't forget."
+Quote Post

ThunderMoss
post Jan 1 2024, 02:08 AM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 440

Active Squad

I don't think my single raffle ticket strategy worked but there is such a clutter of vouchers in my in inventory it is hard to be certain.

happy.gif

And nice to have a new egg to pursue... preferably without needing to use any voucher. And I was almost caught up... gotta catch 'em all a little quicker, eh?

Regards,
-TM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Jan 1 2024, 02:20 AM
Post #18

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

Happy New Year!

I'm headed to bed, but had to say thanks! for the Regieleki Voucher. I was also able to increase my novelty vouchers by one so... yay!

I hope everyone has a positive start to the new year.

Good night!

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Cytosine
post Jan 1 2024, 02:43 AM
Post #19

shloop
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 37 706

swabbies

I didn't even see there was a raffle. Lol. I didn't read the second post in this thread. Welp.

--------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Jan 1 2024, 05:07 AM
Post #20

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

QUOTE(Gema J Gall @ Jan 1 2024, 08:58 AM) *
Anyway, is there any other way we can get Regieleki? This'll absolutely kill my site ranking, and I'd like a chance to work hard and earn one, preferrably soon. Thank you.

It will certainly be added to the Legend Voucher after a while, but there may be other ways to obtain it as well. Don't worry, it won't be locked to this raffle forever, or for too long wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:31 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.