Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Uprising FAQ
Letan
post Apr 24 2009, 06:17 PM
Post #21

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Hungry Hungry Houndoom @ Apr 23 2009, 12:56 PM) *
I would like to address egg moves. I understand that psychics, since they're initially weak movewise to start with, were allowed to start with one move from their egg move pool. What about caught pokémon? Can we catch one with an egg move, or should we just stick to level moves and TMS?

For example, I plan to catch a Misdreavus which I would like to know Screech. Misdreavus can only know screech if they're bred with it. Would it be allowed, or no?

Speaking of, what of tutored moves?

Yeah, I'm fine with catching Pokemon with egg moves so long as they aren't a low-levelled Pokemon with a ridiculously overpowered egg move.

As for tutor moves, same thing applies. Feel free to use them so long as they aren't overpowered for a low-level Pokemon and if they aren't slathered over Pokemon teams in large amounts. I was thinking of giving each faction a Move Tutor NPC, but there are some people that prefer to remain civilians which means that they won't get access to them.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 24 2009, 11:21 PM
Post #22

Team Rogue: Espeon
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5 443

Tuesday's Pack

I'm planning on creating another character in Uprising that has a connection via backstory with my current character, Sagira. Would it be allowed for me to play these two separate characters in the same RP (with other RPers present, as well, of course)?

--------------------
[align=center]

UPRISING MODERATOR[/align]
+Quote Post

Letan
post Apr 25 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #23

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Umbrae Calamitas @ Apr 25 2009, 12:21 AM) *
I'm planning on creating another character in Uprising that has a connection via backstory with my current character, Sagira. Would it be allowed for me to play these two separate characters in the same RP (with other RPers present, as well, of course)?

You can make another character, but not a new entire profile and all that for the character. People can make their own NPCs, which is recommended since Noverus is quite a large city with a possibly large population. So yeah, go right ahead.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Milo
post Apr 25 2009, 11:38 AM
Post #24

Future GTS+ PL Rock Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 898

The Team of Rock

Question about egg moves - can we just go ahead and use the egg move if we think its fine, or should we get permission first.

--------------------

Avatar and Signature by Mark 331
+Quote Post

Letan
post Apr 27 2009, 09:29 AM
Post #25

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Milo @ Apr 25 2009, 12:38 PM) *
Question about egg moves - can we just go ahead and use the egg move if we think its fine, or should we get permission first.

I would suggest getting permission first since the RP Mods could see your move of choice as being overpowered.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Runi
post Apr 27 2009, 06:55 PM
Post #26

And take me away, make it okay; I swear I'll behave .
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 900

Just s t a y close

Hi! I'm thinking of joining (or trying to join) Uprising, but i have a few questions i would like to ask before i do this.

First off, is it possible to start with an egg? And if you could, would this count as part of your max starting party of 4 (eg. pokemon, pokemon, pokemon, egg) or as and extra sort of thing (pokemon, pokemon, pokemon, pokemon, egg)? I would really like to know before i submit my profile.
And as a side note to that (if eggs are possible in this RP), what level would eggs hatch from anyway?

Another question is how soon into the RP can we catch the rest of our desired party? Is there a limit for this at all?

I am also assuming it is too cheap to have 2 of the traditional game starters (eg. Squirtle and Treeko, etc.) as part of your starting roster too. Just something i though i'd throw in.

That's all i have to say really. Thanks for reading anyways and please understand that i am new to this site but don't take things easy on me.
Thanks again!

--------------------
☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

Thank you to Shirogane for my personal photo ! See here to see more of her work!
Thanks also to Doctor Octopus for the punny bar >w<

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Apr 28 2009, 11:01 AM
Post #27

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

QUOTE(Runi @ Apr 28 2009, 12:55 AM) *
First off, is it possible to start with an egg? And if you could, would this count as part of your max starting party of 4 (eg. pokemon, pokemon, pokemon, egg) or as and extra sort of thing (pokemon, pokemon, pokemon, pokemon, egg)? I would really like to know before i submit my profile.
And as a side note to that (if eggs are possible in this RP), what level would eggs hatch from anyway?

No idea...

Another question is how soon into the RP can we catch the rest of our desired party? Is there a limit for this at all?

That all depends on what Pokemon you intend to catch. e.g. you won't be catching a dratini, larvitar, bagon AND beldum any time soon but you'll be able to get away with a rattata, pidgey and caterpie in all likelihood. All captures need to be requested by PMing a mod and they'll let you know whether you can catch it or not (for a single or multiple captures).

I am also assuming it is too cheap to have 2 of the traditional game starters (eg. Squirtle and Treeko, etc.) as part of your starting roster too. Just something i though i'd throw in.

Nah - you can have as many starters as you like (within the limits of the rules).

That's about all I can help with... *waits for Letan to spank with the DO-NOT-MOD stamp*... happy.gif

~LA

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

Letan
post Apr 28 2009, 02:51 PM
Post #28

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Runi @ Apr 27 2009, 07:55 PM) *
Hi! I'm thinking of joining (or trying to join) Uprising, but i have a few questions i would like to ask before i do this.

That's all i have to say really. Thanks for reading anyways and please understand that i am new to this site but don't take things easy on me.
Thanks again!

1) I'll allow starting off with an egg, although it will count towards your maximum amount of Pokemon in your party. The egg will count as 5 levels of your maximum Party level, although when it hatches, it will be at lv. 5, similar to the 2nd-3rd Generation games. Basically, you're getting a Starter Pokemon, only in an egg instead. This Pokemon is also subjected to the benefits of being a Psychic type, if it is one, or the limitations of the Steel and Dragon types if it is one of those. Also, the egg can't just be anything, it'll come from the list of Starters.

2) There isn't really a limit, although most likely your capture request will be denied if you attempt to catch 6 powerful Pokemon in a single RP.

3) It's all up to you. If you want to, you can go right ahead and use more than one traditional game Starter. If you want to have multiple starters (as your example stated, Squirtle and Treecko), the RP Mods will be fine with it.

@LA: Yeah, no worries. I'm fine with other people answering things for me since I can't get computer access too frequently for the next little while. Plus, since several people have experience with PANE, they can solve many questions here since Uprising and PANE are using very similar setups, only with a few tweaks here and there.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Runi
post May 3 2009, 04:11 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

Just s t a y close

Sorry to ask again, but i have another egg and RP question.
First off, how long would it take for an egg to hatch in Uprising? I understand that the ammout of steps needed is different, but would there be a set ammount just for this site? Would the levels apply as steps towards an egg or not?

And another question is just to confirm that you can participate in 2 seperate RP's at the same time, correct?

--------------------
☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

Thank you to Shirogane for my personal photo ! See here to see more of her work!

+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post May 3 2009, 04:53 PM
Post #30

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 282

Active Squad

I'm unsure to the first one, but as for the second, no. One cannot participate in two RPs at the same time.

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Runi
post May 3 2009, 06:25 PM
Post #31

Group Icon

Just s t a y close

What about if you play in one as your main character, but the other as a NPC?
Or would i have to wait before 1 RP is done before RP'ing in the other one?

--------------------
☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post May 3 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #32

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

I am not a mod (it says so right over there under my avatar) but it strikes me that playing an NPC kinda negates the N part. If you're playing it, it is no longer a NON player character.

There is usually plenty going on in one RP to keep track of. I suggest that you keep with one and wait to join others after that one is finished.

As always, the mods word is so far over my own as to be godlike in it's power over this world.

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post May 3 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #33

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 282

Active Squad

Just pretend the "Hungry Hungry Houndoom" was written by "Michael Weston" and you've got the basic idea. No, you can only RP in one thread at a time.

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Runi
post May 3 2009, 07:59 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

Just s t a y close

Thanks for clearing that up for me happy.gif
The egg question isn't very important, and i guess i can wait for Letan or another person who can answer the question to wel...answer it?
Thanks again!

--------------------
☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

+Quote Post

Letan
post May 4 2009, 08:01 AM
Post #35

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Runi @ May 3 2009, 05:11 PM) *
Sorry to ask again, but i have another egg and RP question.
First off, how long would it take for an egg to hatch in Uprising? I understand that the ammout of steps needed is different, but would there be a set ammount just for this site? Would the levels apply as steps towards an egg or not?

And another question is just to confirm that you can participate in 2 seperate RP's at the same time, correct?

The time that it takes is all up to you, so long as it seems reasonable. (Example: An egg hatching not even five minutes after it was obtained would not be all that reasonable).

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

YeahVeryeah
post May 9 2009, 04:18 PM
Post #36

I'm what you get when you eat you are own soul.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 055

*is on FEP more*

Quick question. Is it really limited to one egg move? I chose an Abra, and understand that it was going to be weak until it Kadabra'd. But I can still access another egg move, right? I mean, we should be able to get those moves later on, at least.

--------------------
THIS CHALLENGE IS FIGHT
+Quote Post

Letan
post May 9 2009, 07:56 PM
Post #37

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Colonel Crazy @ May 9 2009, 05:18 PM) *
Quick question. Is it really limited to one egg move? I chose an Abra, and understand that it was going to be weak until it Kadabra'd. But I can still access another egg move, right? I mean, we should be able to get those moves later on, at least.

You couldn't give it another egg move, since they only get one, although you could give it a Tutor Move (Tutor Moves explained at the top of Page 2 of this topic) since Abra is pretty much dead weight as a starter due to its lack of attacks. I'm fine with people giving their Abras an egg move and a tutor move or two, similarly to how I allowed Wynaut to start off with Mirror Coat and Counter. Both of those Pokemon are difficult for RPers to start off with. unsure.gif

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

YeahVeryeah
post May 10 2009, 11:57 AM
Post #38

Group Icon

*is on FEP more*

QUOTE(Letan @ May 9 2009, 05:56 PM) *

You couldn't give it another egg move, since they only get one, although you could give it a Tutor Move (Tutor Moves explained at the top of Page 2 of this topic) since Abra is pretty much dead weight as a starter due to its lack of attacks. I'm fine with people giving their Abras an egg move and a tutor move or two, similarly to how I allowed Wynaut to start off with Mirror Coat and Counter. Both of those Pokemon are difficult for RPers to start off with. unsure.gif

Okay. But when Abra reaches Kababra level, can I not have him use one more egg move? At that point, it's far from dead weight.

Also, I was talking with Doc about Porygon. Since it's made of code, can you potentially have it download a new skin? I'd have it used to give RAM several colour schemes, temporarily and such. The main problem with this that I see is that it's something of a subversion of shiny Pokemon, and people might mess with it too much. :\

--------------------
THIS CHALLENGE IS FIGHT
+Quote Post

Letan
post May 11 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #39

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Colonel Crazy @ May 10 2009, 12:57 PM) *
QUOTE(Letan @ May 9 2009, 05:56 PM) *

Okay. But when Abra reaches Kababra level, can I not have him use one more egg move? At that point, it's far from dead weight.

Also, I was talking with Doc about Porygon. Since it's made of code, can you potentially have it download a new skin? I'd have it used to give RAM several colour schemes, temporarily and such. The main problem with this that I see is that it's something of a subversion of shiny Pokemon, and people might mess with it too much. :\

Yeah, I'm fine with Egg Moves being learned as level-up moves later on. Like many things, so long as there aren't 5 being gained simultaneously (example: new attack at lv. 4, new attack at lv. 5, new attack at lv. 6, and so on) then it's fine.

Also, I don't see why not for the Porygon idea. It sounds like a cool idea. I'm cool with people using it. It could add in an interesting element to stealth and disguise.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

YeahVeryeah
post May 18 2009, 10:06 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

*is on FEP more*

Ah, that's good. Much fun will be had. Again on the topic of Porygon, what do I do with evolution? Seeing as just logging into the internet and seeing that there's a new patch for Porygon out would be an easy way to evolve, yet I'm guessing you don't want people with level 9 Porygon-Zs just going about.

--------------------
THIS CHALLENGE IS FIGHT
+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:06 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.