Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Team Sand Stream Mk. Zwei, Di/Pe/Pt double battle team. Weavile.
Tenkohime
post Jun 6 2009, 11:13 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 15 762

Team Sand Stream

This is team Sand Stream. I like Tyranitar, but her ability, Sand Stream, annoyed me, because it'd beat up my team. Then, I got the idea to turn this annoyance into an advantage by making a team out of Pokemon that won't get hurt by Sand Stream. This is a double battle team for Di/Pe/Pt.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Sand Stream
Adamant
252 Atk, 252 Def, 4 HP
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Thunder

I start off with Tyranitar to bring in a Sandstorm with her ability, Sand Stream. She's a Physical Sweeper. Thunder is an oddball attack. It's from when she was used on a Rain Dance Team, but it gets some play when people try to counter Sand Stream with Rain Dance.

Skarmory @ Focus Scope
Keen Eye
Impish
252 Def, 252 Spd, 4 HP
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Steel Wing

Skarmory is Tyranitar's partner. She's an Annoyer. She starts off with Spikes. If anything hasn't been KOed after the 1st turn, depending on its amount of HP, Skarmory will either use Toxic on it or Whirlwind. Toxic is used when the Pokemon has a lot of health and another Earthquake won't knock it out. Whirlwind is used when it has little HP and will get KOed if the opponent tried to counter Whirlwind's effect by switching it back in.

Torterra @ Leftovers
Overgrowth
Adamant
252 Atk, 252 Def, 4 HP
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Leech Seed
- Wood Hammer

Torterra is a Physical Sweeper and an Annoyer. I normally switch him into battle when someone tries to take advantage of Tyranitar's weaknesses or if Tyranitar is taken out. Depending on the situation, I either SPAM Earthquake or use Leech Seed along with Skarmory's Toxic.

Lucario @ Big Root
Steadfast
Gentle
252 S. Atk, 252 S. Def, 4 HP
- Aura Sphere
- Drain Punch
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse

Lucario's a Special Sweeper. I tried to make her moveset cover for her weaknesses. She can't take attacks for schnitzelbank, so she's meant to hit fast and hard.

Empoleon @ Choice Specs
Torrent
Quiet
252 S. Atk, 252 S. Def, 4 HP
- Hydro Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Ring
- Drill Beak

I know Fire types can tear through a lot of this team, Empoleon's moveset is geared towards taking those out quickly.

Gyrados @ Muscle Band
Intimidate
Adamant
No idea; It was traded from FireRed.
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Aqua Tail
- Dragon Dance

Gyrados is a shoe in. It's a Physical Sweeper. It works in my other teams, so I thought it'd work here too. It does sans the whole getting beat up by Sand Stream thing.

I'd really like CC on the movesets, suggestions for hold items, and suggestions for replacement members that'd be better than what I currently have.

--------------------

A sheep that guards eggs...?
They call me the Flaaffy Queen.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:00 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.