Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Souls and Swords [Signups OPEN], Soul Calibur RP (Only basic knowledge required)
Darkrow
post Aug 27 2010, 10:25 PM
Post #1

Some frickin' video game nerd.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 16 016

Unbreakable Team

This RP, while centered on Soul Calibur, only requires basic knowledge of the game. Additional content can be found in a link further down the page and I will gladly answer any question. Don't be afraid to ask, no question is too stupid for me.

The Tale Which is Eternally Retold (click to show)

How to Keep your Soul Pure and Healthy (click to show)

Got all that? Still interested? Cool! Then just fill out this nifty little thing to the best of your ability.

Your Guide to Being a Knight (click to show)

The allegiance is simply to indicate the nature of your character's goals and intentions. Two characters on the Good Side can hate each other and even fight regularly. A Good character may also kill other Good characters (NPCs of course) if their goals and intentions leads them to do that. Same goes with Evil characters. Neutral characters have no particular allegiance, so they can help Good and Evil characters as they see fit. They can be friends with Evil characters but not share their goals, intentions, etc.

Your character may change allegiances throughout the story. However, if you plan on making them switch between Evil and Good repeatedly, you're better off making them Neutral. If your character comes in contact with Soul Edge, they are expected to get corrupted a bit. They cannot be like Algol and resist its influence completely.

Those with fragments of Soul Edge can talk to Inferno, who will mostly feign helping them in their goals and lead them to the sword itself. When Soul Calibur is introduced, the characters that comes in contact with it will also be able to talk to the spirit inside it. Soul Edge is to be refered to as a male and Soul Calibur as a female. Soul Calibur, as opposed to Inferno, is genuinely nice and generally speaks great words of wisdom, usually in cryptic messages. She does have a slight sense of humor though.

Being in contact with either Soul Edge itself or one of its fragment can lead to many things. First, the Cursed Blade may corrupt your mind into making you find more fragments to revive itself. A change in personality, such as cockiness or becoming more violent can be observed. Prolonged exposure to multiple fragments can corrupt the mind further, such as bringing insanity (Tira, for example, developped a split personality), and can start making the body mutate, such as growing a bigger, spiked arm (like Nightmare), changing your skin's color (Necrid) or make stranger changes (becoming a vampire, like Raphael and Amy is an example). If Soul Edge ever chooses you as its host (it can have multiple hosts, as seen by Nightmare, Cervantes and Tira), it will continually bug you to harvest souls, which can only be done by killing people. The stronger the victim is, the most satisfying the soul will be. However, since Soul Edge can never be truly satisfied, it will always ask for more souls. This can easily drive someone to insanity.

If you aren't used to the world of Soul Calibur, use this site to help you. You can make your characters the descendants of existing characters if you want, but that's your problem since you need to make the stories connect and all that.

Who's Soul Has Survived the Test of Time? (click to show)

Who Are The Valiant Souls?
Good (click to show)

Evil (click to show)

Neutral (click to show)

That was a lot, eh? As you can probably tell, I've worked hard on this, so I hope this isn't ignored. That would make me a sad Darkie.

If popular enough, I may add a Secondary Character/NPC sign up sheet to make things more interesting. I already have a sign up sheet in mind, so I just need to know if it'll be used or not.

I know there are a lot of rules, but I just want this to be a good, structured RP and not a messy story. Plot ideas and such are, of course, greatly appreciated. Suggestions to make the RP better are also greatly appreciated. I'm also expecting every RPer to use this thread a lot for questions and such. I will happily clarify anything that confuses you and I'm sure that others with knowledge of the games will do the same, so don't be shy!

Now, go, and make me proud!

This post has been edited by Darkrow: Aug 29 2010, 01:52 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Nymphadora
post Aug 27 2010, 10:27 PM
Post #2

There's probably coffee on my keyboard rn
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 59 139

You know who they are

It's about time
oHai SOUL CALIBUR!
Now, for the super short profile!

Ohwassupden~ (click to show)

It's under construction.

This post has been edited by Nymphadora: Aug 28 2010, 01:41 AM

--------------------

× × | × ×
QUOTE(Jesus Of Suburbia @ Apr 21 2011, 01:20 AM) *
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YOU ASS-KICKING GREEN DAY AND A7X FANGIRL! awesome.gif
Nimmies (click to show)
Karofsky
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Aug 27 2010, 10:29 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

Then I shall wait for it to be completed. cat.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Killer Knuckles ...
post Aug 27 2010, 11:23 PM
Post #4

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 488

Active Squad

imma sleep on the idea of joining and will be back with the verdict on by Sunday or Monday

--------------------
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Aug 27 2010, 11:23 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

Alrighty, KKF. Think well about it. X3

--------------------
+Quote Post

Zuke
post Aug 28 2010, 12:00 AM
Post #6

I'm Baaack (Like A Boss)
Group Icon

Member No.: 88 009

This is me

Name: Rein Dawson

Nickname(s): Seido

What Color is Your Soul?: White

Birthplace: Acle, England

Occupation: Teaching Blind people to use their senses to "see".

Weapon: Nura and Hiel are weapons that Rein uses.

Appearance: Rein wheres a headband around his neck like a necklace, except it looks like as if it were tied on his forehead and pulled down to his neck. He wears and black shirt that looks like your average person would wear, but has Black outlined with neon green armor over it. his pants are just baggy jeans which are covered up with leggings that have an obsidian look to them, but are outlined with neon green. He where leather greaves that are black so that way he can maneuver faster. He wheres gloves that have points on the end that could pierce skin.

Personality: Rein is in fact, blind. He likes to smell clean smells and hear good things. His favorite things is his Super Human senses. When he touches something, he can fell everyone else who touched. He has better hearing than a bloodhound. He can hear almost a kilometer away and every detail in that range. His Taste has a lot more taste buds, but they are more sensitive. His taste buds now match a human beings, for his tongue touched a lot of hot things. His smell is almost matches a German Shepard. He can smell at most 100 yards away. He is very good at using his senses in dire situations.

He dislikes not being able to see. It is his biggest disadvantage, for people can deceive him easier. His biggest hate, is also his senses. They make him hear, touch, smell, and taste horrible things and be weakened or even knocked out by things. He hates it when things like that happen. He'll smell a drink and it will smell good. He'll drink it and find out its perfume. He hates being picked on by his blindness.

Biography: When he was born, Rein had sight. He was a intelligent young boy and liked to walk around at look at nature. He would go to school and learn about many things in life, and he was most interested in Soul Edge and Soul Calibur and the history of them. He would wait for class to end to go to the library in his town and try to research them. He would read for weeks about them. He had an unfortunate accident though. When he was 10, he was in a library, when a bunch of people came in trying to take all info of Soul Edge ad how to find it. Rein was still in the library reading the book that talked all about Soul Edge ironically. Rein didn't notice, for he cut out all of the sound around him to read about Soul Edge. he was found by the men and took the book out of his hands.

Rein ran after them to get the book back, for he was halfway through where the violence came in. He caught up with the men, but someone used the hilt of both of their swords, on both of his eyes. He was ran to the best medic in town. They searched for a way to fix it, but they couldn't find a way to cure blindness. Rein thought that his whole world had changed. People felt sorry, but there was that one group that picked on him. They pushed him. They hit him in the face. The only thing that made him not commit suicide was his mother. She would always tell him stories about Soul Edge. She personally didn't like them and thought that they were fake, but it kept a smile on Rein.

Rein spent all his life teaching himself about being blind until he was 21. Rein learned to live with his blindness. He learned how his heightened senses would let him "see". He needed a job and he went for a teacher. They had no position opened, except for one. He became a teacher for blind people. Everyone in that class always had nothing around their eyes, but Rein liked to have a headband there. He would teach them how to use their heightened senses. He was teaching a class when a man ran into the room.

The man said, "It's your mother, she is about to die." Rein ran out of the classroom and to his mother who was in her house and was very cold.

"Mother, what has happened to you?"

She was barely breathing, but she could speak,

"I was traveling like I always said I would, when I came upon a man who had taken all of our books about Soul Edge. He told me that Soul Edge was back, with a new bearer who was in Ostrheinsburg. Then he hit me with the hilt of both of his swords in the neck. He ran, then a guard found me and took me back here. I had just left the village for 10 minutes when I met him."

Rein was tearing up, 'That bastard is going to pay for what he has done to me,' thought Rein as his mother died in his arms. Rein made a funeral for her and she was buried properly.

Rein went to the town Blacksmith and ordered two swords that looked like what he explained it as. The Blacksmith had it done in one day. That day Rein had all of his armor done by the armorer and left the village. He set out for Ostrheinsburg. He brought two sacks full of food and water with him to survive. It took him two weeks, but he reached Ostrheinsburg in two weeks.
Read the Rules?: Arcturus

Others: Rein has super natural senses due to his blindness.

This post has been edited by Shadow Lucario: Aug 31 2010, 04:57 PM

--------------------
So who likes comebacks? I do, because I'm Baaack!

Zuke's Fight Majors (click to show)

Whoa Applejack, you eat all those apples!
+Quote Post

Nymphadora
post Aug 28 2010, 01:41 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

You know who they are

Edited!
Last paragraph of the profile. cat.gif
I may edit her personality and stuff if I think of other stuffs.

--------------------

× × | × ×
Nimmies (click to show)
Karofsky
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Aug 28 2010, 01:43 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

Alrighty. I'll add it tomorrow. X3

--------------------
+Quote Post

Nymphadora
post Aug 28 2010, 01:48 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

You know who they are

Okay! Thanks Larkie! awesome.gif

I can't wait to RP! Emiko and Mayumi shall be so funny!

--------------------

× × | × ×
Nimmies (click to show)
Karofsky
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Aug 28 2010, 11:35 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

Added. cat.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Wishful Jirachi
post Aug 28 2010, 04:37 PM
Post #11

Why must all things die...even this?
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 447

~HELLO~

It's up. I haven't even looked at my profile in ages. I should go find that again.

--------------------
Hey. Dark, Arcy if you see this, you can find me (Wishie) here:
https://www.madisonrenae.com/
https://www.facebook.com/madison.pontenberg/
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Aug 28 2010, 06:06 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

Yes, you should. XP

--------------------
+Quote Post

Wishful Jirachi
post Aug 28 2010, 07:03 PM
Post #13

Why must all things die...even this?
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 447

~HELLO~

I really hope that I still have it.

--------------------
Hey. Dark, Arcy if you see this, you can find me (Wishie) here:
https://www.madisonrenae.com/
https://www.facebook.com/madison.pontenberg/
+Quote Post

Killer Knuckles ...
post Aug 29 2010, 12:51 AM
Post #14

Elite Four
Group Icon

Active Squad

hey darkie what time period is this set in? I know prolly middle ages, but id like to know an educated estimate so i can pick my characters nationality. i have some ideas but i dont want to be so out of the box its kinda unrealistic even for a Fantasy RP.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Aug 29 2010, 12:56 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

Judging from the dates of birth given on the site in the first post, it would be set somewhere in 1641.

I won't be too strict on the time consistencies though since I'm no history junkie. For example, I have no idea if Ilanz, Surselva, District of Graubaüden, Switzerland was a small village of peasants.

Also, in case anyone is wondering, America isn't allowed because I'd prefer the characters being from Europe/Asia/Africa. Australia isn't allowed since it wasn't found yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Killer Knuckles ...
post Aug 30 2010, 12:04 AM
Post #16

Elite Four
Group Icon

Active Squad

Name: Sinbad Sharif (SHA-reef)

Nickname(s): None...yet

What Color is Your Soul?: White

Birthplace: Baghdad, Persia (currently under occupation of The Ottoman Empire)

Weapon: Scimitar

Appearance: Sinbad has his black hair into a combed over mohawk. He has a chinstrap beard cut close to his face. His torso-wear is a white tunic covered by his brown regiment tunic with white regiment symbol adornment. On his shoulders he wears his regiment cloak with symbol. On his forearms Sinbad armors himself with leather bracers with light steel reforcements and studs. On his waist he wears a heavy leather belt with a steel buckle and a red sash held together with a steel ring. Sinbad wears just-below-the-knee-length brown shorts with the same white symbol. Finally, Sinbad wears pointed tan hide boots that cover most of his lower-leg with flat soles that assist him in running through the sands of the desert.

Personality: COMING SOON!

Biography: COMING SOON!

Read the Rules?: Yes

Others: COMING SOON!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Aug 30 2010, 04:34 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

Oh, a Persian man. cat.gif

I just hope he's not a Prince. *shot for bad joke*

--------------------
+Quote Post

Zuke
post Aug 31 2010, 04:27 PM
Post #18

I'm Baaack (Like A Boss)
Group Icon

This is me

Woot! Finally got around to finishing that old SU. I almost forgot, but then I thought about this RP.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Aug 31 2010, 04:48 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

Hmm, there are some spelling mistakes in there.

For example, it's "wear", not "where". Completely different.

You also put capital letters at weird places. Colors, gems and other objects should not take a capital letter, like "obsidian", "taste" and "black".

You made quite a few typoes too, like "and" instead of "an". Please watch out for those. Apart from that, it's all good. cat.gif

Whenever there's a word that makes you hesitate, just look it up. Takes 10 secs.

Also, from the posts I've seen you make, they are quite short. Not that I mind a lot, but I've noticed that you don't describe a lot. Adding description can make a post much longer and more accurate, meaning it won't confuse people. When using dialogue, you need to change paragraphs each time there's another character speaking. It makes it easier to read and less confusing for others. X3

Finally, since he just recently got his swords and there are no mention of him learning how to use them, I'm going to assume that he's not an experienced fighter and is prone to mistakes. Could make it interesting.

And with that, if you can watch out for what I told you, then you're accepted. X3

--------------------
+Quote Post

Zuke
post Aug 31 2010, 04:58 PM
Post #20

I'm Baaack (Like A Boss)
Group Icon

This is me

Okay, I will do that. I will make sure to describe my posts and make sure to do all that you said. I am still a low level RPer, but I try to squeeze myself into the higher levels.

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:03 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.