Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Analysis Forum Rules, Guidelines, and Helpful Hints
Tochukaso
post Jul 3 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #1

DO THE CACTURNE HUSTLE!
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 10

Active Squad

Anyone can post in the analysis forum, but you must know what you are doing before posting.

Analysis Format:

See http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showtopic=56 this one for a base idea.

Helpful sites:

Smogon Analyses: Look here for movesets, EVs, and other information

Pokedex, Items, Moves, and other information regarding Pokemon

Happy analyzing! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Archangel 1602: Mar 23 2008, 02:55 PM
Reason for edit: Changed up a bit.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Jul 3 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #2

A New Era
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 28

Active Squad

I don't have a problem with this, but what if there are no mods online, or you have something important/useful to say? And what if you're good at...analysing? I think you should just give everyone who wants to analyse some kind of test, like you previously suggested.

New Pokemon
Abilities
D/P Attacks
All Attacks
Items
Battle Changes

Most helpful links. And SPP gets slow sometimes, so it would probably be better to click on the above instead of having to find them all manually, which is hell when it's slow.

--------------------

+Quote Post

ElMoro
post Nov 9 2008, 06:13 AM
Post #3

Fear The Dark.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 738

Blaze it.

I decided to make this for people that aren't sure how to post analysises (sp?). In order to do this there are a couple rules:

1) Make sure you know what you're talking about.
This is important. If you have no idea about competitive battling then don't post an analysis. Giving people bad advice is worse than giving them none.

2) Write it yourself.
I'm serious. If you look at other websites for sets, that's cool. But if you're copying it word for word, then you have a problem.

3) Make it legible
If you're bad at spelling and grammer, type it out on microsoft word or get someone to look over it for you. If nobody can read your analysis it's not going to help anybody.

4) Follow this format
This is just a guideline. It doesn't need to be followed exactly. It is just they style I use and quite easy to follow. Julius Caesar (for example) puts both opening thoughts and closing thoughts so if you wanna do something like that, noboys gonna stop you. wink.gif
I'll go through the format step by step:

CODE
[b][u]Pokemon name[/u][/b]

[img] Picture URL here [/img]

[b]Type:[/b]
[b]Supposed tier:[/b]
[u]Base Stats-[/u]
HP /  Atk /  Def /  Spd /  SAtk /  SDef
BST

This is simple. Put the pokemons name at the top, a picture underneath. Then you put their type, tier and base stats. This site has a tier list to follow, by the way.

CODE
[u]Weaknesses[/u]:
[u]Resistances[/u]:
[u]Immunities[/u]:

[u]Abilities-[/u]
[b]Ability one:[/b]
[b]Ability two: [/b]

Next, put it's weaknesses, resistances and immunities. Just look at psypokes, it's an affiliate of this site. Leave a line or two gap to put it's abilities and what they do. You might wanna point out the props and cons of each one and which one you prefer. Obviously, if the pokemon only has one ability only list one abilty.

CODE
[b][u]Set name[/u][/b]

Pokemon @ Item
Ability:
EVs:
Nature (+, -)
-
-
-
-

*insert additional sets here*

Next, the sets. As stated before don't just copy smogon (or any other site for that matter). List as many sets as needed. Don't cram five sets into one just to save space. It complicates things.

CODE
[u]Other Options:[/u]

[u]EVs / Nature:[/u]

Fairly simple. In other options you list alternative moves that can be used. In EVs and nature you state whate sort of EVs you should have aswell as alternative spreads not listed on the main sets.

CODE
[u]Counters:[/u]

[u]Opinion:[/u]

In counters you put any pokemon that can come in and become a threat. In opinion you put your opion on the pokemon.

And that's it. Hopefully I've helped some people. If people think there's anything I've missed tell me wink.gif

EDIT: Dang, I just noticed there's already a thread will guidelines for analyses facepalm.gif

This post has been edited by ruhi18: Nov 9 2008, 12:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Nov 9 2008, 12:55 PM
Post #4

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

I merged the two topics now, so don't worry.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:42 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.