Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Battle Subway Guide [Revamp], Updated 12/12/2016
Doom Hunter
post Apr 8 2015, 09:29 PM
Post #41

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

@Kieren:

Bands on Hax aren't overkill in my opinion. You're ALSO talking to a guy who Bands a Sawk and Dugtrio and Specs an Alakazam xD What I'm saying is, a lot of Pokemon can't one-shot Hax even if they're faster, so you might as well give Hax the best possible shot of ending an enemy, you know?

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Raboot
post Apr 8 2015, 09:36 PM
Post #42

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 311

Active Squad

I can see your point, but wouldn't it be better to OHKO the other Pokémon without it landing an attack first? But what do I know? You're a master at battling, and I can't even get a 75-streak for the Exp. All.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Apr 8 2015, 10:00 PM
Post #43

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

Hax is pretty fast-it has an above 100 base speed, so it can attack first a lot. And its attack, if Adamant, can near 400. A Band makes that 600! Likely, if you need a Scarf to go faster than it, you probably shouldn't be using Haxorus against it. The only Pokemon I regularly consider using Scarves with is Darmanitan.

Alternatively, you can go Leftovers or Fire Gem, teach it Swords Dance and/or Agility, and see how that works for you!

--------------------
|

+Quote Post

Raboot
post Apr 8 2015, 10:05 PM
Post #44

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 311

Active Squad

I shall defer to your greater judgement and give it a Leftovers then. happy.gif Thanks.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Teen Bulma
post Apr 10 2015, 03:17 PM
Post #45

Survival Horror addict
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 002

Favs

I added an Azumarill to my team so lets see how that goes...I really need the exp all. My highest streak is 35 and I'm pretty sure that was when they first implemented the battle subway /sigh But so far so good, I'm at 9 so far XD I hate battling so I hope this goes by fast

Thanks for the guide happy.gif

--------------------
Shinies (click to show)

+Quote Post

Sign Seven
post Apr 21 2015, 11:44 PM
Post #46

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 52 628

Active Squad

The bulky Azumarill is a great pokemon to have, really neutralizes a whole lot of threats.

Just wondering Sam, how does your team deal with psychic (and to an extent, ghost) types? They tend to give me trouble unless I have a specific counter for them on my team, and your team doesn't seem to have any particular way of eliminating them without getting hit hard by those strong moves off of high SpA.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Apr 23 2015, 10:22 AM
Post #47

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Sign Seven @ Apr 22 2015, 05:44 AM) *
The bulky Azumarill is a great pokemon to have, really neutralizes a whole lot of threats.

Just wondering Sam, how does your team deal with psychic (and to an extent, ghost) types? They tend to give me trouble unless I have a specific counter for them on my team, and your team doesn't seem to have any particular way of eliminating them without getting hit hard by those strong moves off of high SpA.

Well the only Ghost types I encounter are dual types. Usually by the time I've encountered them Azumarill is set up, just like any Psychic types too.

There's the option of including a Dark type in your team, although I'm not too sure what you could use; would depend entirely on what team you're using.

The only ghost I usually have trouble with is Gengar (because of the poison typing). But Dugtrio usually takes care of them.. Other than that it's just a case of using the strong attack moves on them, unless they're ineffective of course.

Edit: Sorry for the late response, I've only just seen your post!

This post has been edited by ll Sam ll: Apr 23 2015, 10:22 AM

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Spoovo The Pirat...
post May 12 2015, 11:11 AM
Post #48

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 235

Team RAWR!

It's a nice guide. In depth, explains everything, and for the most part, easy to understand.

One small tweak I may suggest would be your wording on reduced stats? Like, for example, at -2 they're at 50% of the original, at -4 they're at 33%, and -6 they're at 25%. I reckon that'd be a simpler way of saying it?

Oh also, I dunno if you mentioned this, but it's worth mentioning that you can use opponents whose HP are in the red as complete setup bait. As long as they don't have a recovery move, the Battle Tower AI never switches them out, so you can abuse that to its fullest. (If you've mentioned this already, I'm sorry. noes.gif )

--------------------

I WRITE FANFICS!

It's All In The Genes

Moonlight

Please read and review! cat.gif
+Quote Post

Yamper
post May 12 2015, 11:50 AM
Post #49

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Spoovo The Pirate @ May 12 2015, 05:11 PM) *
It's a nice guide. In depth, explains everything, and for the most part, easy to understand.

One small tweak I may suggest would be your wording on reduced stats? Like, for example, at -2 they're at 50% of the original, at -4 they're at 33%, and -6 they're at 25%. I reckon that'd be a simpler way of saying it?

Oh also, I dunno if you mentioned this, but it's worth mentioning that you can use opponents whose HP are in the red as complete setup bait. As long as they don't have a recovery move, the Battle Tower AI never switches them out, so you can abuse that to its fullest. (If you've mentioned this already, I'm sorry. noes.gif )

The thing is, it's not /actually/ 50%, 33% and 25% I'm afraid happy.gif I'll try and reword it opposed to putting -1.3 or something. Glad you find it helpful though!

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Zynn
post May 18 2015, 10:49 AM
Post #50

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 157 504

Master Common Sense

Hi there. I don't post much (forum lurker ^_^.gif ), but I read a lot. I was drawn to the site because of the hatching/collecting, but have never played the handheld Pokemon games. I recently started using the Battle Tower, and very quickly got confused & frustrated. The Tips pointed me this way, and it has already been a great help. Now I'm attempting to take on the Battle Subway, and would really appreciate some help. I'm in the process of recreating my own version of your example team, but would like to see if I can come up with a team of my own.

I've read through the whole guide and understand how the IVs and Natures work, but I'm still confused on the Typings, despite the help of Serebii & Bulbapedia. I attempted to come up with a team on paper, and would love any suggestions!

Mega Audino - Careful or Impish
- High HP, Defense & Sp Defense
- the extra Mega stats seemed to make it a good "brick wall", with only 2 weaknesses

Mega Garchomp - Lonely
- Mid HPs & Sp Attack, High Attack
- again, extra Mega stats seemed to make it a decent attacker, with minimal weaknesses

Ninjask - Naive, Naughty or Lonely
- Super high Speed, Mid Attack
- figured it would be good to quickly take out at least one opponent, & maybe make a dent in a second.

Excadrill - Adamant or Naughty
- High HPs, Attack & Speed
- Seemed like a good attacker, & would cover or resist the weaknesses of MgAu & Njk

Sharpedo - I already have a Naive Sh. Sharpie here. Would he work, or should I find something better?
- High Attack, Sp Attack & Speed
- Figured he could handle the random Psychic, Fire, & cover MgAu's Ice weakness.

I couldn't find anything better than Jolteon, so decided to keep it.

I have the following gems to use. I figured I would equip a Dark & Psychic, but not sure on who. Or should I save up and buy something else to use?
Dark Gem ×4
Fighting Gem ×1
Ghost Gem ×2
Poison Gem ×1
Psychic Gem ×1
Quick Claw ×2

Again, many thanks in advance for any help/suggestions. I'm such a novice when it comes to all of this battling. facepalm.gif

This post has been edited by Zynn: May 18 2015, 10:56 AM

--------------------
If you happen to read this, clicks are always appreciated & returned. Thanks! wave.gif

Lovely Flalavoir & Lasolia Sprites made by Bonnie Clyde. Follow Flalavoir to her Sprite Boutique!
Beautiful Avatar & Banner made by Cycloneblaze in....

+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post May 18 2015, 02:40 PM
Post #51

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 857

I've been doing fairly well with both Hoenn E4 challenges, but Steven is completely destroying me. Any advice for him? I know this isn't strictly related to the Subway, but I didn't know what better topic to put it in.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post May 18 2015, 06:34 PM
Post #52

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

My advice for Steven is get a tank Skarmory with Metal Claw. That will eat most of his team up, with the exclusion of the other Skarmory. For that, Scarf or Spec a Chandelure and you shouldn't have too many other problems. happy.gif

--------------------
|

+Quote Post

Breech Loader
post May 19 2015, 04:36 PM
Post #53

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 228 368

Active Squad

Every so often we make a choice that changes what goes on in our goals.

I have chosen to start, by kicking out every Pokemon with an IV less than 100, fighter or not.

I mean geez, I just found out my Venusaur has 22!
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post May 19 2015, 04:44 PM
Post #54

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Breech Loader @ May 19 2015, 05:36 PM) *

I have chosen to start, by kicking out every Pokemon with an IV less than 100, fighter or not.

1: It's a Venusaur, so that ALONE puts you at a harsh disadvantage with horrible typing and a mediocre stats spread.
2: 22 IVs? The heck was that thing EVER doing near a Battle Tower? xD

--------------------
|

+Quote Post

Breech Loader
post May 19 2015, 05:06 PM
Post #55

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

*shrugs*

For a long, LONG time, I had no real idea of what IVs even meant. I wasn't even battling for ages, just working on my general collection. It wasn't like they were mentioned anywhere in the achievements and battling was pretty optional.

Now that most of my Pokedex is complete, I figure it's time to smarten it up a bit. Anybody want a Venusaur? With a Speed of 0, it seems to have trouble moving. Heh.
+Quote Post

Zynn
post May 20 2015, 08:19 PM
Post #56

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 157 504

Master Common Sense

QUOTE(Breech Loader @ May 19 2015, 02:06 PM) *
*shrugs*

For a long, LONG time, I had no real idea of what IVs even meant. I wasn't even battling for ages, just working on my general collection. It wasn't like they were mentioned anywhere in the achievements and battling was pretty optional.

Now that most of my Pokedex is complete, I figure it's time to smarten it up a bit. Anybody want a Venusaur? With a Speed of 0, it seems to have trouble moving. Heh.

That's about where I am. With the exception of the Unown, and a few Megas & Legendaries, my dex is finished. I didn't even think to look at IVs until the new shards and gift boxes appeared. Even then, I wouldn't have known about why I wasn't ranking in the Hunts anymore, until someone mentioned it in the Community thread. Now that I'm looking.... it's scary to look at my collection.... dumblook.gif

--------------------
If you happen to read this, clicks are always appreciated & returned. Thanks! wave.gif

Lovely Flalavoir & Lasolia Sprites made by Bonnie Clyde. Follow Flalavoir to her Sprite Boutique!
Beautiful Avatar & Banner made by Cycloneblaze in....

+Quote Post

Breech Loader
post May 22 2015, 10:29 PM
Post #57

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

Well, with that team, and some Vitamins, I got the EXP ALL tool.

Nature is kind of optional, as long as you know which one you've got backing you up. Also, pay attention to where you put your vitamins. There's no point giving a 30 Attack a 31.

Since you're not gonna be hitting the Subway with IVs of less than 100 anyway, Speed and defence are probably the most useful stats to give a little boost. Outrunning your enemy and getting in the first hit is probably the most important thing to do.
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post May 23 2015, 06:33 AM
Post #58

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Breech Loader @ May 22 2015, 11:29 PM) *
Well, with that team, and some Vitamins, I got the EXP ALL tool.

Nature is kind of optional, as long as you know which one you've got backing you up. Also, pay attention to where you put your vitamins. There's no point giving a 30 Attack a 31.

Since you're not gonna be hitting the Subway with IVs of less than 100 anyway, Speed and defence are probably the most useful stats to give a little boost. Outrunning your enemy and getting in the first hit is probably the most important thing to do.

NO NO NO

Actually, a single stat point can mean the difference between victory and defeat. In Smogon and GPX alike, extreming your Pokemon is often the best thing you can do for them. That 30 being a 31? If it's on a Pokemon that excels in that stat, you'd be much better off doing it!

--------------------
|

+Quote Post

Breech Loader
post May 23 2015, 08:13 AM
Post #59

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

Oh, I'm not saying you should put 6 points into a crappy stat of your speed is already pathetic.

But I've found that going first really helps my Pokemon to get the edge. If your Pokemon is faster, then the stat-boosting moves are suddenly a waste of time for the enemy, Heal moves are useless on them and useful for them, and swapping Pokemon isn't so damaging.

My Dugtrip has a 426 speed and 405 Attack and has been capable of rolling through all 6 of the enemy without taking a scratch.
+Quote Post

Spoovo The Pirat...
post May 23 2015, 08:59 AM
Post #60

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 235

Team RAWR!

QUOTE(Genocider Syo @ May 18 2015, 08:40 PM) *
I've been doing fairly well with both Hoenn E4 challenges, but Steven is completely destroying me. Any advice for him? I know this isn't strictly related to the Subway, but I didn't know what better topic to put it in.

Between Lucario and Houndoom, I had no trouble at all with Steven. Claydol can hit them both for super effective, but I've also got a full stop to that with a Leavanny lol.

I was doing reasonably well in the Battle Subway, with a record streak at somewhere in the high 70s (just got the Exp. All, and got haxed out), but something wasn't quite working. However, that changed when I found this little guy hiding in my boxes:

http://gpxplus.net/info/OolAv

Random Azumarill with a brilliant nature and 162 IVs? Yup, fairly safe replacement for my low Speed Kingdra, who constantly struggled outrunning other Dragons due to ~10 Speed IVs.

Safe to say that my team's shaped up nicely. Zapdos is still a problem, as I don't have something that resists both of its STABs, but I can work my way around it.

QUOTE(Doom Hunter @ May 19 2015, 10:44 PM) *
QUOTE(Breech Loader @ May 19 2015, 05:36 PM) *

1: It's a Venusaur, so that ALONE puts you at a harsh disadvantage with horrible typing and a mediocre stats spread.
2: 22 IVs? The heck was that thing EVER doing near a Battle Tower? xD

I do a similar thing to this. While I'd never just release a pokemon for having low IVs, I run a check on my PC to see if anything has 140 or more (it's a pretty good number), and if they do, I tend to replace my old [insert whatever here] with the new species, and it's really helped my IV hunting. At the time of writing, I have 126 mons with 140 or more IVs (though two of them are just random hatches which aren't any better than the ones I'm training).

EDIT: Oh, and life hack: Aerodactyl.

So many teams are weak to it on the Battle Subway that it's not funny. I've swept a ridiculous number of teams with my Aerodactyl. All you've gotta do is take out their Steel-type, preferably weaken Water- or Electric-types, and you're pretty much good to go save Scarfers.

This post has been edited by Spoovo The Pirate: May 23 2015, 09:06 AM

--------------------

I WRITE FANFICS!

It's All In The Genes

Moonlight

Please read and review! cat.gif
+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:14 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.