Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do people still breed Winter Vulpix?
Krazoa
post May 26 2015, 05:37 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 86 246

My Main Kanto Pokemon

Hello everyone,

I rarely ever come to the forum side of things but it's come to my attention that the novelty pokemon.
Winter Vulpix/Winter Ninetales is extremely hard to get hold of. I don't know if it's due to the increase in the
total amount of pokemon now. I'm a breeder of them but I want to retire my current pair. I was hoping to find another winter to do so but it seems impossible. To be honest, I feel like giving up my search for them and just no longer being a breeder of them at all.

Does anyone have any tips on finding them or have they just completely disappeared?

--------------------
hehe XD will place something here soon
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post May 26 2015, 09:06 AM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

Are you asking about getting more out of the daycare or out of the shelter?

If you want more from the shelter, then that depends on other users dropping eggs. I think more users are hunting for novelties these days, so they pick up the novelties themselves rather than donating them to the shelter. Also, you have to keep in mind that there are limits that prevent you from grabbing more novelties from the shelter if you already own 2 of them from the lab or shelter, have 3 novelty/legend eggs in your party or have obtained 2 novelties/legends from the lab or shelter that day.

If you want more novelties out of your daycare then you want to use the pass power than guarantees that your pair will breed a novelty. It costs 12 pass orbs per use, so using these all the time can be costly. Also, having a pair where both the pokemon are the same novelty would be more effective than not. And having them be at the same level would also be beneficial to reach maximum egg output. Having the destiny knot will also make your pair more likely to breed more eggs, and thus more novelties. I figure you can do some of these things, but not all of it. Someone else might be reading this thread that could benefit from this, so I wrote here anyway. In general, there is a list of things you can do to breed more eggs on the help page.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Krazoa
post May 26 2015, 01:49 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 86 246

My Main Kanto Pokemon

QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ May 26 2015, 03:06 PM) *
Are you asking about getting more out of the daycare or out of the shelter?

If you want more from the shelter, then that depends on other users dropping eggs. I think more users are hunting for novelties these days, so they pick up the novelties themselves rather than donating them to the shelter. Also, you have to keep in mind that there are limits that prevent you from grabbing more novelties from the shelter if you already own 2 of them from the lab or shelter, have 3 novelty/legend eggs in your party or have obtained 2 novelties/legends from the lab or shelter that day.

If you want more novelties out of your daycare then you want to use the pass power than guarantees that your pair will breed a novelty. It costs 12 pass orbs per use, so using these all the time can be costly. Also, having a pair where both the pokemon are the same novelty would be more effective than not. And having them be at the same level would also be beneficial to reach maximum egg output. Having the destiny knot will also make your pair more likely to breed more eggs, and thus more novelties. I figure you can do some of these things, but not all of it. Someone else might be reading this thread that could benefit from this, so I wrote here anyway. In general, there is a list of things you can do to breed more eggs on the help page.

I know about the limits in terms of how many you can get in one day. My concern isn't what my novelties breed (though I agree, it's likely useful to someone else who might come across this.) However I'm just hunting for them in the shelter and day care. My pair of winters have had enough eggs now and I just want to retire them as breeders. That's why I'm trying to find out all the ways to get winters. I guess it's just a simple waiting game really ^^ but thank you for getting back to me.

--------------------
hehe XD will place something here soon
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post May 26 2015, 05:55 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

Are your current winters self-bred or bred by other owners? If they're bred from other owners, you won't be able to find any more Winter Vulpix until you release at least one...

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

CzarNicholas
post Jun 3 2015, 10:46 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 618

Mah Prettiez

I've been breeding them, either with a ditto or with two I've obtained. I've since released one after I bred myself a beautiful self-bred Winter Vulpix. I could keep breeding them if you'd like! c:

--------------------

+Quote Post

Gato
post Jun 25 2015, 02:56 PM
Post #6

Pokemon Plushie Collector
Group Icon

Member No.: 60 319

Dream Team

I'm breeding them, but I'm also shiny hunting them, so usually when I do get an egg, I keep it for myself. I do release all the non shinies, though, if you need breeders.

--------------------

Click on my good friend Jirachi here to visit my eggs and Pokemon!
+Quote Post

AmazingAmaura
post Jun 26 2015, 07:58 AM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 223 649

Active Squad

there are currently 152 users breeding winter vulpix, if you know the egg, search the shelter and egg shelter, but remember that you can only get 2 novolty or legendary pokemon from the shelters a day.

--------------------

Awesome people
1. Cycloneblaze - He made my awesome banner in his cyclone shop
2. GothMetal-He made my evil arceus
+Quote Post

Easley
post Jun 26 2015, 09:12 AM
Post #8

Because a Pandora Box is more tempting when it's closed.
Group Icon

Member No.: 197 774

Warriors~

Hello there. I think the only way to hunt Winter Vulpix is to get the egg from Daycare, since people would usually take the novelty egg from their Daycare for themselves. It's considered very lucky to get the Winter Vulpix's eggs in Shelter, though.

If you want more Winter Vulpix's egg for yourself, you might consider Tyranisaur's tips above by buying pass power (Novel Power, to be precise) to ensure getting Novelty's egg from your Daycare, which costs 12 pass orbs. (you can only use this 2 times a day, though)

Sorry if my English sucks. I hope it could help even a little! Have a good day grin.gif

--------------------
Meet me at GPX+ grin.gif
I'm currently unavailable to trade away Sky Gifts! PM me if you'd like to trade!
(unknown Sky Gifts are ready to trade!)
English is not my native language, so please bear with my broken English, ok? XD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, so it seems that my party wants to say hello! grin.gif

Thanks for Kila & Lunar Dance for the beautiful Trinkets!

Proudly a part of: (click to show)

Shinies (click to show)
+Quote Post

pokemonsruth
post Jun 27 2015, 04:44 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 225 609

Active Squad

QUOTE(LaserChaser @ May 26 2015, 05:37 AM) *
Hello everyone,

I rarely ever come to the forum side of things but it's come to my attention that the novelty pokemon.
Winter Vulpix/Winter Ninetales is extremely hard to get hold of. I don't know if it's due to the increase in the
total amount of pokemon now. I'm a breeder of them but I want to retire my current pair. I was hoping to find another winter to do so but it seems impossible. To be honest, I feel like giving up my search for them and just no longer being a breeder of them at all.

Does anyone have any tips on finding them or have they just completely disappeared?

If you want I can breed some more!
Maybe I'll breed with my Crystal Onix

Also guys, are you allowed to change which pokemon picture displays you?
I like riolu and all but I want pokemon like absol and lucario

(P.S. Check out the song 'Looking for Love' by Zack Knight, Even though probably you won't get 25% of the song it's good.)
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jun 27 2015, 04:54 PM
Post #10

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

Please don't triple post. If you use a quote tag, respond to the quote in the same post.

As for the rest of your post, going around the help files and questions and help will answer your question. This is not the thread for miscellaneous questions unrelated to Winter Vulpix.

Finally, stay on topic, talking about a song that has nothing to do with the thread is spam. You keep up your posting habits that you showed in this thread and you may hit restricted before you hit the Member group.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:17 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.