Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
Team Antimatter (OU Plat Team) EXAMPLE: READ THIS, Credits go to Kevin Garrett & Limitless for the team.
Black Ice
post May 5 2009, 04:03 PM
Post #1

A New Era
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 28

Active Squad

Weavile. (If you don't know what this means, go read the rules)

Overview:

Shaymin-s @ Choice Scarf
Serene Grace
Modest
4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Scarf Shaymin has unparalleled speed. Since this variation can't overwhelm its counters, it is used as an anti-lead and late-game sweeper. Aside from Air Slash, which can occasionally chain flinches, it isn't meant to be staying power (more like a trump card). Seed Flare 2HKOs Zapdos with Stealth Rock in play, providing a special defense drop is applied. Earth Power is mainly for fooling Heatran and Hidden Power Fire takes care of Scizor, Skarmory, etc.

Mamoswine @ Leftovers
Snow Cloak
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Mamoswine's main function is to set up Stealth Rock. After that, its role varies based on the situation of the match. Stone Edge is useful damage to get on Rotom or Zapdos. Ice Shard tames Salamence and other threats like Shaymin. Earthquake works great against Adamant Lucario, non-Scarfed Heatran, and Tyranitar.

Infernape @ Expert Belt
Blaze
Naive
24 Atk/252 Spd/232 SAtk
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Infernape is the wall breaker on this team. Many teams find themselves in a pickle confronting this guy after their Pokemon have been weakened. Close Combat covers Blissey and does a significant amount of damage to many neutral Pokemon. Hidden Power Ice takes care of Gliscor and Salamence without a Scarf or DD. Fire Blast is usually the attack of choice since it does a number on Zapdos, Rotom, and Skarmory. If Cresselia has seen anything more than 1 SR, then it can't typically switch in on an Infernape's Fire Blast. Grass Knot offers important Water- and Ground-type coverage to an extent. Its main use is against Swampert and weakened Hippowdon and Milotic.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Pressure
Calm
252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe

- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost

Zapdos really got a major boost from all of the Platinum updates with the addition of Heat Wave. Hidden Power Grass is for the obvious Swampert, which my team does not like in stall wars. This spot used to be held by Scizor, however with so many Heatran present, it kind of was a nuisance.

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
Naive
4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Explosion

Like for most teams Heatran gives speed and resistances all in one. Fire Blast is for STAB and the occasional Flash Fire bonus. Hidden Power Ice for the obvious Dragons and for any time that I don't feel like risking a accuracy hax miss from Fire Blast. Explosion is for last case scenarios.

Kingdra (M) @ Leftovers
Sniper
Jolly
24 HP / 232 Atk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage

I must thank all of you who don't use Substitute on Kingdra. For I get off so many Subs. when people try to status Kingdra whether it be for burn, sleep, or paralysis. It also shields me from the ever so popular Ghosts trying to use Trick on Kingdra when I am setting up. Dragon Dance, Waterfall, and Outrage are self explanatory.

Descriptions and pictures weren't necessary, but they are recommended. Pictures were mainly for making your thread look good, and descriptions help explain why a certain Pokemon is on your team and what it does for you.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:29 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.