Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Underground Addition/Suggestion
Rating 5 V
Bobdapeach
post Aug 11 2015, 11:50 PM
Post #1

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 28 526

Active Squad

I was just thinking so I decided I may as well suggest this since I've got nothing better to do.

Basically I just thought it'd be neat to add two new Account Upgrades and have them be associated with the underground - the Magma Suit and the Aqua Suit.

They could allow your Pokemon to explore new areas of the underground which would increase their chances of coming back with rare items. The Magma Suit could increase the chances of the Pokemon coming back with rare stones, such as summoning items (since rare stones are usually found near volcanoes), where as the Aqua Suit could increase the chance of Pokemon returning with fossils since fossils are usually found deep within the ocean or near water. They could also both increase the chance of Pokemon coming back with Valuable Items.

There's also the item image from ORAS which could be used and

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

SilverPT
post Aug 12 2015, 07:56 AM
Post #2

You're one bad day away from being me.
Group Icon

Member No.: 128 888

Active Squad

Pretty cool suggestion. I support this. happy.gif

--------------------

Big shoutout to Cycloneblaze for the awesome buttons!

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Aug 12 2015, 10:12 AM
Post #3

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

Gonna give this a +1. Or a +5, really, since I rated it 5.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Aug 12 2015, 10:27 AM
Post #4

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

YES.

Definitely, yes. It would make Fossil and Summonable Legendary hunting a bit more easier as the only reliable way is through the Prize Shop, which, obviously you can only purchase so many every so often.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

DrSnap
post Aug 13 2015, 06:37 AM
Post #5

Ghost with 108 souls
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 87 880

Nightmarez

I totally agree with this. Well, who wouldn't xD However I think these upgrades should not be obtained as easily as others (like, at the shop for some points), so maybe an Exploration for these would be nice too ^^

--------------------

~~ ~~
+Quote Post

Hiraelle
post Aug 13 2015, 06:39 AM
Post #6

Spheal Lover
Group Icon

Member No.: 68 755

ROULE

... That sounds like an awesome idea oh.gif

--------------------
GO GO POKEMON RANGERS

I took over the group, come and join us !
- Banner by Doctor Octopus
Affiliates : Azurite Knights - Malachite Mages - Shiny Lovers - The Networking Ninjas - The Postal Service

- Banner by eevee64

Made by Cycloneblaze

+Quote Post

SilverPT
post Aug 13 2015, 06:58 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(DrSnap @ Aug 13 2015, 12:37 PM) *
I totally agree with this. Well, who wouldn't xD However I think these upgrades should not be obtained as easily as others (like, at the shop for some points), so maybe an Exploration for these would be nice too ^^

Using Prize Points seems a good idea.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Aug 13 2015, 07:06 AM
Post #8

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

Time to be grumpy old Doom, but I do not support this idea.

As GPX has grown and evolved, we've forgotten something rather important that used to hold true: Novels and legends are supposed to be RARE. While novels are breedable, the non-breeding ones (fatbird, the corruptables, fossils) remain elusive and rare. And Legends, while still fairly rare, have gotten exceedingly simpler to obtain that the 'before' times. I may not have been around then, but I know people who were who mention summoning items being something they got maybe once every couple of months, back when there was no Prize Shop, no explorations. You got legends from Treasure Chests, Manaphy, Events, or nowhere.

I feel like this is just taking another step to just making Novelty and Legendary Pokemon as common as anything else, and I don't like the idea. Those eggs are supposed to be rarities you hope to obtain, not amenities you expect to collect.

Thus, I have to downvote the idea. Just my two cents on the matter.

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

SilverPT
post Aug 13 2015, 01:15 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Active Squad

Limits regarding fossils and summon items already exist, as Sam said. The racio at the moment is absurd. Flags were introduced in May and I've sent around 5 or 6 boxes of pokémon there. Results: 3 or 4 fossils and 1 Blue Orb, if I'm not mistaken.

Things change because they've to change and we've to adapt. The forums are "frozen in time" and the community is not like the old days. If you want to keep the old users and bring new ones you can't keep things like they used to be. And it's not like we're agreeing in massively increasing the chances of getting rare items, that's for the staff to decide.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Aug 13 2015, 01:32 PM
Post #10

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

snappers

QUOTE(SilverPT @ Aug 13 2015, 07:15 PM) *
Limits regarding fossils and summon items already exist, as Sam said. The racio at the moment is absurd. Flags were introduced in May and I've sent around 5 or 6 boxes of pokémon there. Results: 3 or 4 fossils and 1 Blue Orb, if I'm not mistaken.

Things change because they've to change and we've to adapt. The forums are "frozen in time" and the community is not like the old days. If you want to keep the old users and bring new ones you can't keep things like they used to be. And it's not like we're agreeing in massively increasing the chances of getting rare items, that's for the staff to decide.

I agree with both of these sentiments. Well said, Silver.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Aug 14 2015, 01:57 AM
Post #11

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

QUOTE(SilverPT @ Aug 13 2015, 02:15 PM) *

That's actually not a bad ratio, if you ask me, first of all.

Second of all, what you just said is 'make it easier so more fair-weather GPXers will come and less frustrated GPXers will go'. That sounds counterproductive, almost selling out to me. We've already changed and adapted a lot, and I feel like this'd be a bit too much. If we keep making it easier and easier, when we hook the new users, what'll keep them? Besides two or three of the hardest achievements, nothing would be particularly 'hard'. Right now, legends are a feature to strive for, work for the prize points, click in the hopes a chest comes, search the shelter for Cypress drops. If summoning items become too commonplace, that challenge suddenly loses a lot of its bite and intrigue. I see GPX as more of a mixed barrel: Some things (clicking, trinket collecting) are simple, while others (battling, legend chasing) are more complex and difficult. If we make EVERYTHING easy, where's the fun in that?

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Aug 14 2015, 03:06 PM
Post #12

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

My take on this suggestion is that the most appropriate way to get these items would be through achievements. I'll try not to make this borderline suggesting achievements by saying that staff might find a way to make this work if they want.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

SilverPT
post Aug 17 2015, 09:46 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Doom Hunter @ Aug 14 2015, 07:57 AM) *
That's actually not a bad ratio, if you ask me, first of all.

Second of all, what you just said is 'make it easier so more fair-weather GPXers will come and less frustrated GPXers will go'. That sounds counterproductive, almost selling out to me. We've already changed and adapted a lot, and I feel like this'd be a bit too much. If we keep making it easier and easier, when we hook the new users, what'll keep them? Besides two or three of the hardest achievements, nothing would be particularly 'hard'. Right now, legends are a feature to strive for, work for the prize points, click in the hopes a chest comes, search the shelter for Cypress drops. If summoning items become too commonplace, that challenge suddenly loses a lot of its bite and intrigue. I see GPX as more of a mixed barrel: Some things (clicking, trinket collecting) are simple, while others (battling, legend chasing) are more complex and difficult. If we make EVERYTHING easy, where's the fun in that?

You're just overreacting on this one. We're talking about ONE feature that it's already easier than it was before (Chests, Shop, explorations, underground, all of them massively increase your chances of getting summoning items, thus getting legendaries/fossils). What I said was that we need new stuff to keep ALL members, not to keep some and let others go. To be honest (and in my humble opinion), very few things keep old members, those that have it all, here. And if we keep it like that, I don't want to know what it's going to be like when a major part of the community gets the majority of Arceus forms from DotW (the biggest thing that it's keeping the community active imo).

And, just like I gave my opinion just now, you gave yours. And that's where the problem is. Not that your opinion is the problem, but that it's conditioning your vision. People will always find hard stuff to do here. Some think that clicking is a piece of cake and have terrible luck when it comes to shinies; others find battling easy and clicking tedious. I think that, despite having more chances of getting legendaries now than a few years before, ACTUALLY getting them (and the achievements around them) is still a pain in the ass (and will still be). You've to wait until the egg count in the Lab gets low enough, use Pass Orbs and summon the goddamn thing and hope to find it. And this is the most optimal scenario ofc. You can always summon it without any help and pray to Arceus. The point is: this is just a goddamn GOOD suggestion. Increasing the chances from 1/100 to 1/95 (examples) will not have a big negative impact like you're saying. Plus (I've to stress this again), it's ONE feature. No one is gonna change everything. Don't be afraid of change. If we keep EVERYTHING like it is, where's the fun in that?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Spoovo The Pirat...
post Sep 17 2015, 05:12 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 235

Team RAWR!

For what it's worth, I reckon it's a really cool way of influencing the Underground's items. Maybe you could make it so you could only choose one, like the Black/White token?

That way you've got the choice between a slightly increased chance of receiving summoning items/evolution stones, or fossils/minerals. Seeing as there's a valuable returning item and a less valuable one for each 'suit', I'd say it wouldn't make all that huge an impact either.

It's not like we're all gonna be balls deep in summon items, let's face it.

--------------------

I WRITE FANFICS!

It's All In The Genes

Moonlight

Please read and review! cat.gif
+Quote Post

Soren Pixels
post Sep 17 2015, 05:38 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 219 827

Retroactive

This is probably the best thing I've heard suggested in a while. Yes please!

--------------------
GPX+ Team:

Team Exile:
Alpha and Alucio

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Sep 17 2015, 05:41 PM
Post #16

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

snappers

QUOTE(Spoovo The Pirate @ Sep 17 2015, 11:12 PM) *
That way you've got the choice between a slightly increased chance of receiving summoning items/evolution stones, or fossils/minerals. Seeing as there's a valuable returning item and a less valuable one for each 'suit', I'd say it wouldn't make all that huge an impact either.

I like this idea. That's a nice dichotomy.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Serend
post Sep 17 2015, 05:48 PM
Post #17

Ready to roll.
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 046

Round Things

I agree that this should be received from an exploration or an achievement; there's currently only 3 limited-usage explorations right now, anyways (DotW, the beginner explo and the black/white token explo). And even now that summons are easier to obtain, they are still very hard, and most summons I get are from the shop or chests. So yeah, as long as it isn't in the shop for a decent price, I agree with this!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Bobdapeach
post Oct 13 2015, 04:05 AM
Post #18

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

Tbh I would prefer it to be an exploration item too but the do not suggest list says not to suggest explorations, so I just didn't suggest how to obtain them. But either or, if this ever happened, I wouldn't mind how they were obtained.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Bobdapeach
post Aug 11 2016, 01:19 AM
Post #19

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

bumping this bcos it is my fantasy to have one of my ideas implemented into the site #lifegoals

--------------------

+Quote Post

Gigadweeb
post Aug 20 2016, 10:19 PM
Post #20

The Dragonslayer
Group Icon

Member No.: 44 890

pre-Gen V favs

Gonna have to agree with the dude who said it makes everything become too common. Maybe if it's a small added chance, but it shouldn't be something too drastic... and maybe only make it accessible to people who either/or:

a) have all summonable Legends/Fossil Novelties

b) have an account over 3 years old

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:21 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.