Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
39 Pages V  « < 36 37 38 39 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
July Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
Cycloneblaze
post Jul 30 2016, 11:47 AM
Post #741

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

QUOTE(timeerkat @ Jul 29 2016, 12:18 AM) *
Spark seems like the ultimate Hufflepuff in everything I've seen, which is pushing me even more towards Instinct when I finally choose a team. This is my favorite that I've seen so far. (My friend posted it on Facebook and I unfortunately don't know who the artist is.)

-snip-

So I found the twitter of the artist who did this picture and she did more! I love them. Spark is such a dork lmao. (But I kinda wish I'd joined Instinct now...)

I learned this morning my egg got through into the quarter-finals, too! I was expecting it since it spent the whole last thread in tenth place, but I still think I was lucky to get through. I'm definitely not getting any further :P Now I wonder what my prize will be.
On the other hand, I'm a bit worried about the SWSH, I don't have my shiny yet and there's only two days left in it. Hopefully with the help of the Honey+ I get it done (thank based Serend).

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Jul 30 2016, 01:25 PM
Post #742

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(Rua @ Jul 30 2016, 05:21 PM) *
Don't hurt yourself!

I'm far up north right now so absolutely nothing is spawning here. There's a small town about 15-20 minutes away by car but I don't know if I really want to go just for the sake of Pokemon GO. facepalm.gif

eh when I went outside Thursday I somehow managed to hurt my ankle by walking too much and I've been hella sore ever since >__<
haven't been this sore since... well.... since I had classes to attend.
At least I have that eevee now. Which is the most important thing.
Its IVs are alright I think. On that same trip I caught a Dratini with super good IVs
I think I'm keeping both.

--------------------------------------
QUOTE(Cycloneblaze @ Jul 30 2016, 06:47 PM) *
On the other hand, I'm a bit worried about the SWSH, I don't have my shiny yet and there's only two days left in it. Hopefully with the help of the Honey+ I get it done (thank based Serend).

Same here... been hatching snakes like crazy but still no shiny...
Oh well earlier this month I got a shiny Zergoose for Office Wars
So I guess GPX+ isn't gonna be nice to me twice in a row XD

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Bonnie Clyde
post Jul 30 2016, 01:30 PM
Post #743

You're filled with DETERMINATION
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 120 895

Faves <3

QUOTE(Shaoo @ Jul 30 2016, 09:34 AM) *
I'm level 10 on Pokemon GO, I need to go out but it's too damn hot outside, I can't stay a minute without getting all sweaty. And people look at me in a real weird way if I go outside with my umbrella, which is now a sunshade for the occasion xD also it's not easy to keep the umbrella and the phone at the same time.
Same here. Right now it shows that the temp is about 80 F but that the "real feel" is over 100 F. rolleyes.gif
Looks like we need to get some umbrella hats or something (that's a thing right). lol.gif

QUOTE(Cycloneblaze @ Jul 30 2016, 11:47 AM) *
So I found the twitter of the artist who did this picture and she did more! I love them. Spark is such a dork lmao. (But I kinda wish I'd joined Instinct now...)
Ditto! The pictures people make of the team leaders also makes me want to be on Instinct. tongue.gif

Welp, I just got a letter today from Downey (which is the publisher of the phonebooks here) and apparently my entry for the phonebook cover art contest got runner up! Getting first place would have been a bit cooler, but hey, I still got $250 for it! awesome.gif *happy dance*

My egg is doing very well in its thread right now. It's ranking higher than it was the last round, so that's good. If the votes stay about where they are now, then I'm gonna get to go to the semifinals. I'm not sure If I'd be able to make it to the finals, but if I get lucky it's possible! cat.gif

I still have yet to receive a code for a shiny Mewtwo... when it takes a while to get these things I'm always like "maybe I messed something up so I'm not getting the code" or something. worried.gif
Also can't wait for the Arceus distribution next month, the new Pokemon info, and the SWSH prize (I've gotten my shiny Chimchar but Bellsprout is being a pain). But I'm not looking forward to school starting up again. dry.gif
I'm going into 11th grade and I just hope that I don't have another bad case of anxiety at the beginning of the year like I did last year. irritated.gif
Also it's going to be weird not seeing my best friend there since she's moved to Indiana to be with her mom (her family here aren't all that nice from what she's told me). At least we're staying in contact though. happy.gif

--------------------
[align=center]

[spoiler=][/spoiler]

CHAOS CONTROL[/align]
+Quote Post

Tulaash
post Jul 30 2016, 02:01 PM
Post #744

Tulaash, the Probably-Not-Well-Known
Group Icon

Member No.: 151 005

Some Favorites

QUOTE(Bonnie Clyde @ Jul 30 2016, 11:30 AM) *
I'm going into 11th grade and I just hope that I don't have another bad case of anxiety at the beginning of the year like I did last year. irritated.gif

For some reason, I thought you were much older than that. I'm actually just one year behind you. It feels time is just flying by so fast ;-;

Speaking of school, I can't wait to start at my new school this year! I'd probably describe it as a private public school, since space is limited and you have to fill out an application to get in. It's really cool, since it's not like a traditional school. It's more technology based, and there's no classrooms. I already have a friend there (I've known him since I was really little, but haven't seen him lately), so that's nice. When I went to an open house for it, I wore my TARDIS dress. Turns out he wore a Doctor Who themed shirt. I didn't even know we had that in common grin.gif

--------------------
“New year, new me,” I say, laughing to my friends. Suddenly, I throw my arms out, golden light erupting from my hands and face. I scream in agony as every single cell in my body is rewritten, atom by atom. Abruptly, the light show ends and I drop my arms, coughing out a golden trail of residual energy. I am completely made new.

I am a Time Lord.

Where is Nebby?

This is exactly why babies should not be allowed to dual-wield flintlock pistols.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Vande
post Jul 30 2016, 02:10 PM
Post #745

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 595

I Can Dream....

#691 eggs later - SWSH done...that was too close lol.

Been at Manchester Con today, my legs now ache like heck lol. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jul 30 2016, 02:15 PM
Post #746

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

I don't understand American schooling system how old is 11th grade. Is that like 16 or something?
british school systems are so much easier to understand lol.

Most places have two schools and that's it. None of this grade and freshman and... sophomore??????

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Bonnie Clyde
post Jul 30 2016, 02:27 PM
Post #747

You're filled with DETERMINATION
Group Icon

Member No.: 120 895

Faves <3

QUOTE(Tulaash @ Jul 30 2016, 02:01 PM) *

For some reason, I thought you were much older than that. I'm actually just one year behind you. It feels time is just flying by so fast ;-;
Lol, I thought you were a bit older as well. I guess that's since most people here are older than me.

QUOTE(x Sam @ Jul 30 2016, 02:15 PM) *
I don't understand American schooling system how old is 11th grade. Is that like 16 or something?

Most places have two schools and that's it. None of this grade and freshman and... sophomore??????
Yeah, 11th graders tend to be about 16 or 17 (I'm 16). Kindergartners are about 5 or 6 usually, then 6-7 for 1st grade and so on. I guess it's kinda like [grade]+5 or so = age.
Also 9th grade is freshmen, 10th is sophomore, 11th is junior, and 12th is senior. I usually forget what 9th grade is because when I was in that grade we weren't referred to as "freshmen" since 9th grade is a part of the junior high here (elementary was preschool-5th, middle was 6th and 7th, junior high was 8th and 9th, and high school is 10th-12th).

This post has been edited by Bonnie Clyde: Jul 30 2016, 02:28 PM

--------------------
[align=center]

[spoiler=][/spoiler]

CHAOS CONTROL[/align]
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jul 30 2016, 02:32 PM
Post #748

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Bonnie Clyde @ Jul 30 2016, 08:27 PM) *

Yeah, 11th graders tend to be about 16 or 17 (I'm 16). Kindergartners are about 5 or 6 usually, then 6-7 for 1st grade and so on. I guess it's kinda like [grade]+5 or so = age.
Also 9th grade is freshmen, 10th is sophomore, 11th is junior, and 12th is senior. I usually forget what 9th grade is because when I was in that grade we weren't referred to as "freshmen" since 9th grade is a part of the junior high here (elementary was preschool-5th, middle was 6th and 7th, junior high was 8th and 9th, and high school is 10th-12th).

Haha I see. I'll have to look it up I suppose.

Speaking of ages I joined here when I was turning 15 (about a month before my 15th birthday) and I'm turning 22 this year. oh.gif couple months to be precise. Getting older! #scary.

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Vande
post Jul 30 2016, 02:46 PM
Post #749

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 595

I Can Dream....

I can beat your age by a fair few years Sam lol.
You are as young as you feel!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jul 30 2016, 02:53 PM
Post #750

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Vande @ Jul 30 2016, 08:46 PM) *
I can beat your age by a fair few years Sam lol.
You are as young as you feel!

Younger than most yup! But been a wee while since I was a young teenager oh.gif Can't believe I'm actually still here though. Just wish I found the site before I started school (signed up the day before school started again lol)

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Jen
post Jul 30 2016, 03:08 PM
Post #751

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

QUOTE(timeerkat @ Jul 28 2016, 06:18 PM) *
Spoiler (click to showhide)

^ Me IRL.
Also, be sure to put large images in spoiler tags.

QUOTE(Cycloneblaze @ Jul 30 2016, 11:47 AM) *

Omg and her best girl is Kotori. <3333

My neopets account. I was a hardcore player, mostly into avatar collecting and training my pet. Learned how to restock too and have a decent battledome set. Ended up quitting when I got cookie grabbed from a user's shop, because I was doing Edna quests for the avatar. I at least got the avatar.

As was mentioned earlier, I had really bad customer support experience as well. Emailed them so much from my main email, but when I finally tried my premium email, they replied back right away and got it all taken care of. Pretty crappy of them.

If anyone remembers the old user Glitter (we were in the same guild on neopets), she told me and a few others about GPX and we all migrated over here. It's so weird to think that it wasn't for her and neopets then I never would have found this place or even gotten back into pokemon.

I had a webkinz account as well! I had a green parrot and a cocker spaniel that I bought. grin.gif I had cockers growing up, so I needed it, and the bird was just because it was a bird. lol My sister was the one who introduced me to it at the time, so I got her some plushies too for her account.

Also have a gaia account! I love my avatar. Haven't changed it in years. Also haven't played in years, but still. cat.gif

If I could be turning 22 I'd be so happy. ;-; I definitely feel like I'm aging a bit appearance wise, but definitely not heart wise. It needs to stop!! crying.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Luneon
post Jul 30 2016, 03:31 PM
Post #752

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(x Sam @ Jul 30 2016, 09:53 PM) *
Younger than most yup! But been a wee while since I was a young teenager oh.gif Can't believe I'm actually still here though. Just wish I found the site before I started school (signed up the day before school started again lol)

Same here. I signed up when I was 15.5 :P
Been here for 7 years now... time really flies.

As for Neopets I think I signed up when I was 11.
It was only a few months before it got the Dutch user interface and it was marketed as a children's game here.
For a really long while I didn't really care for the site but in 2012 or so I got back into it.
Nowadays I just check once or twice per day, mostly due to memories.

What my family doesn't realize is that I had a neopets before everyone had a computer over here (my country)
and I made my first pet on my grandpa's computer
so a part of him still lives on in my first neopet

Kind of cheesy I know but it's nice

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Rua
post Jul 30 2016, 05:21 PM
Post #753

No-life shiny collector
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 747

~o-O-o-O-o~

QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ Jul 30 2016, 11:16 AM) *
QUOTE(Rua @ Jul 30 2016, 04:36 PM) *
Just for fun I checked my personal ratio, and apparently it's 1 out of 272. Just sliiightly better than 300. How does that add up? Doesn't the fact that every egg has a 1/300 (or 272 in my case) chance of hatching change things since every failure doesn't increase the chance of successful shiny hatch? Or is that out the window, since I'm looking at my own success rate as opposed to the actual probability of hatching a shiny as dictated by the site?

So your shiny hunt ratio is effectively a sample of data points, so having it differ from the true mean is very much normal. As your sample size increases, the difference from the true value will be more likely to go down. Having said that, I see a big reason why the shine recorder reported ratio is going to be lower(fewer eggs per shiny) than it should be. The reason is that it doesn't count eggs from canceled hunts. Not doing this is effectively cherry picking data point. By definition all hunts that are canceled would have counted if they had ended at any number of eggs less than or equal to what they were saying at the time of cancellation. The decision that the eggs in those hunts were not going to count for the ratio was taken after the start of the hunt. As an example, my ratio is 292 eggs, but if I include the 2723 eggs I hatched across my cancelled hunts, the ratio would be 299.

There are really only two assumptions we are making, those being that all* eggs have the same probability of being shiny. You can think of it this way: when an egg is created, a weighted coin is flipped to determine whether that egg will be shiny. The result of that coin flip is completely independent of anything else and thus impossible to predict. All of that is the first assumption. The second assumption is that we are guessing that the probability at work is close to 1/300.

* Some eggs are rigged to be shiny, like eggs from shiny vouchers. Another interesting case is in egg distributions where there is one rigged shiny and all the other eggs have the normal probability of being shiny. Say you get a shiny. Due to the fact that you never get to know whether the egg you got was the one rigged shiny, it's possible that it was shiny due to the normal randomness. The interesting thing is that due to the amount of eggs handed out being greater than the expected amount of eggs per shiny under normal conditions, it is more likely that a shiny was shiny due to normal randomness rather than being the lucky recipient of the one rigged shiny.

Oooh cool! Thanks for the breakdown!

With that said, I'm 83 eggs down, 217 left to go... and then I guess the cycle begins anew, or August hits. One or the other. :P

@ everyone else - I feel old now lol

This post has been edited by Rua: Jul 30 2016, 05:22 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Gigadweeb
post Jul 30 2016, 05:28 PM
Post #754

The Dragonslayer
Group Icon

Member No.: 44 890

pre-Gen V favs

fucking hell you've got to be joking

I missed another shiny bred by me

Heart Sweet buff when

--------------------
+Quote Post

SilverLugia456
post Jul 30 2016, 07:38 PM
Post #755

None
Group Icon

Member No.: 102 120

Top Favorites

Even after reading the posts I don't really feel that old though I am 24 lol, I first signed up to this site 6 years ago and I still can't believe that it has been that long. I will say that looking between then and now that time flies.

This post has been edited by SilverLugia456: Jul 30 2016, 07:39 PM

--------------------

Visit my youtube Page: SilverLugia345

GPXplus Groups Joined (click to show)

Contest Ribbons and Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Dr Electric
post Jul 30 2016, 08:16 PM
Post #756

A wannabe Doctor thinking he already is one.
Group Icon

Member No.: 230 954

My Electric Knights

QUOTE(Tulaash @ Jul 31 2016, 12:31 AM) *

Well, I actually thought both of you were older than me. Mostly because, either people around here are young kids (11-15 years of age) or young adults (22-27 y.o.a.). Surprisingly I haven't really seen many 16-20 years old guys (like me) and I assumed it is mostly because people are working their ass off to get into a good college during this period. lol.gif

QUOTE(Bonnie Clyde @ Jul 31 2016, 12:57 AM) *

So kinda, USA is same as here. Age=Grade+5. Or at least what it used to be, 5 years back until the government thought that everyone needs to be a prodigy or something and reduced the minimal age of 1st standard from 6 to 5. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(SilverLugia456 @ Jul 31 2016, 06:08 AM) *
Even after reading the posts I don't really feel that old though I am 24 lol, I first signed up to this site 6 years ago and I still can't believe that it has been that long. I will say that looking between then and now that time flies.

Well, I actually don't even consider 24 to be old. That's when we pass med school. tongue.gif And the last thing I know is that at least graduates aren't old.

EDIT: In the past couple of days, I haven't got a single Mistilil from my daycare which means, there is a good chance of having a double 'lil in store. Which is why, I can't even use my novel power to make it a triple 'lil (and find the abandoned one to be a shiny). It's getting on and on on my nerves now.

This post has been edited by Dr Electric: Jul 30 2016, 08:20 PM

--------------------

PM me for Social Network add request/Shiny race request. I will answer for sure.

My shining beauties:

My groups (click to show)

Avatar credited to Cycloneblaze from Cycloneshop II.

+Quote Post

Jade
post Jul 30 2016, 08:27 PM
Post #757

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 868

My Favorites

Hey y'all! It's been uh quite a while! My absence has been due to two things:

1. I've gotten heaaaavily into Undertale. I've been focusing long days to writing and reading fanfiction among many other things.

2. And this one is uh not as recent, but the game unfortunately is becoming hard to play for physical reasons. I've got a bad case of tendonitis in my right hand, which causes lots of pain to flare up especially when playing this game. I've barely played at all really and already it hurts. So I'm not positive I'll ever be completing the plates/Arceus collection. Or at the very least be very, very slow going.

On the flipside, I've been back two days and BAM five shinies. Two for the SWSH, and three more otherwise - I've completed my long-standing Dratini hunt, whoo!

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

Dr Electric
post Jul 30 2016, 09:07 PM
Post #758

A wannabe Doctor thinking he already is one.
Group Icon

Member No.: 230 954

My Electric Knights

QUOTE(Jade @ Jul 31 2016, 06:57 AM) *
Hey y'all! It's been uh quite a while! My absence has been due to two things:

1. I've gotten heaaaavily into Undertale. I've been focusing long days to writing and reading fanfiction among many other things.

2. And this one is uh not as recent, but the game unfortunately is becoming hard to play for physical reasons. I've got a bad case of tendonitis in my right hand, which causes lots of pain to flare up especially when playing this game. I've barely played at all really and already it hurts. So I'm not positive I'll ever be completing the plates/Arceus collection. Or at the very least be very, very slow going.

On the flipside, I've been back two days and BAM five shinies. Two for the SWSH, and three more otherwise - I've completed my long-standing Dratini hunt, whoo!

Hey there, again! Welcome back!

1. Since I have no ideas on it, I shall not comment about it.

2. Since I have a lot of ideas on it, I shall comment about it. tongue.gif Well, oww, tendinitis is actually a bad one. Only time can heal it properly (and steroids, but that's not a good option) and seriously speaking, it takes a damn lot of time. worried.gif The only thing I can say is take rest and get well soon. happy.gif

Man, you're damn lucky in this game! Guess it makes up for your bad hand. wink.gif

--------------------

PM me for Social Network add request/Shiny race request. I will answer for sure.

My shining beauties:

My groups (click to show)

Avatar credited to Cycloneblaze from Cycloneshop II.

+Quote Post

RicFule
post Jul 30 2016, 10:17 PM
Post #759

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(Jen @ Jul 30 2016, 04:08 PM) *
My neopets account. I was a hardcore player, mostly into avatar collecting and training my pet. Learned how to restock too and have a decent battledome set. Ended up quitting when I got cookie grabbed from a user's shop, because I was doing Edna quests for the avatar. I at least got the avatar.

Also have a gaia account! I love my avatar. Haven't changed it in years. Also haven't played in years, but still. cat.gif

My Gaia account is here. Also haven't changed my avatar in ages. And I'm buried under a pile of plushies.

And my Neopets one. Very barren since I don't actually DO anything on it. LOL

--------------------
+Quote Post

Indigo Sapphire
post Jul 31 2016, 12:57 AM
Post #760

I'm not that interesting I'm sorry.
Group Icon

Member No.: 242 587

Par-taay.

My egg is out of the contest and it just qualified for the second round, so I'm not surprised it's out.
I was the creator of the Moustachegg if anyone cared.

In other news, I finished by Ekans hunt after 633 eggs and now I'm hunting a shiny Voltorb because why the hell not.
And already I've failed to claim a shiny Voltorb that I bred. :'D

--------------------
Why, hello there.

+Quote Post

39 Pages V  « < 36 37 38 39 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:22 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.