Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Rapture: Mission Failed, Harold Camping: fool or prophet?
Klowii is Sexy
post May 21 2011, 05:06 PM
Post #1

She's sexy and I know it~
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 30 189

Add fifth gen, please

Since obviously you are reading this, you have either survived Rapture or Harold Camping is the largest idiot on the face of the planet. What did you think about it?

Discuss: Harold Camping: fool or God's holy messenger?

Personally, I think he might have Alzheimer's.

--------------------
[align=right]2:31 PM 08/10/07 - 11:19 PM 03/17/2012 remember~[/align]
[align=right]
[/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

MrFuckUp
post May 21 2011, 05:38 PM
Post #2

breathe
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 80 019

team rocket

He's a fool, a moron, a troll and an idiot.
The way I see it, Jesus is like a modern day ghost. It only exists if people believe in it. The more people that do, the more they see what we normal people don't.

The world will never end because it wants to evolve. Every day a new tree sprouts from the ground. New animals are born, as well as children. You can't put a halt to this cycle, as it must continue. It's a never-ending circle, just like the big guy planned. Despite my being agnostic, it just makes sense.

It's a real shame, though. I was going to make a big sign saying "IN YOUR FACE", take a picture of it, and send it to Mr. Camping.

--------------------
"something will go here"

+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post May 21 2011, 05:59 PM
Post #3

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

I enjoyed all of the "U Mad?" and "Oh Noez!" style comments I heard throughout the day from everyone while I was at work. XD In a strange way, I felt that it brought people closer together through laughter.

While I personally do think the world will eventually come to a close, I don't believe any human can predict when it will be. The Bible does say that nobody will know and that God has no intention of telling anyone (He doesn't even know, Himself, IIRC), so if anyone claims to know, it's an immediate red flag that it's fake.

First 2012 and now this. When will people learn that this type of thing is not going to be predictable if it happens? Also, why are people so eager for the end of the world to come? Sure, the world is depressing and kind of sucks, but pulling stuff like this won't make it any cheerier or make it end any faster.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Iconox
post May 22 2011, 08:59 AM
Post #4

Romantic Misanthropist
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 260

Legend League

Harold Camping and his cult frankly disgust me. The Bible says that the rapture is coming; however, the day and the hour are unknown. As a result, those who make these big charades of guessing when it'll come just make fools of themselves an drag the name of we other Christians through the mud so to speak. /rant.

@Blak99Psy: Jesus didn't know when it would come when he was here on Earth; however, the Father knew and knows.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Spokesman
post May 22 2011, 12:11 PM
Post #5

I see you fantasy, you wanna make it a reality paved in gold
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 112 684

Living Things

Well this is what I've heard; all of this was taken from the Bible. Also, it apparently says in the Bible that no one, not even Jesus or God, knows when the world will end. So, technically, he's a first rate fool.

The scientific end of the Earth isn't bound to happen for about 5,000,000,000 years. Apparently, the sun is supposed to have finally died out, resulting in the death of all living things.

From what I know, Judgement Day, the good Christians were supposed to rise up into heaven and everyone else would stay on Earth and rot/burn/etc.

Seeing the first one is not going to happen until I'm 5,000,000,014 years old, I don't care. seeing the second one to be completely unreasonable and unnatural, it obviously wouldn't happen.

Besides, we all know that the real apocalypse is going to be zombie related c:

--------------------
Came back on a whim because I saw something that reminded me of here. If you remember me, hit me up on Discord CHR|Flygon#8505 and if you a real one, tell me where I frequented most on here so we can catch up like the old days.
+Quote Post

Some Person
post May 23 2011, 06:41 AM
Post #6

Don't let me detain you...
Group Icon

Member No.: 127 207

Vetinari's Terriers

According to my Dad, who's read every holy book going so knows this kind of stuff, the Christians would have vanished while the rest- including me- are left with war, pestilence, famine... The usual stuff that's going on right now, basically. Even if it had happened, I don't see how it wouldmake any difference, apart from free seats on the bus and a lot less people handing out leaflets on the street. Dad says we would actually have less wars from then on, but that's just him.
Ironically, on Saturday we just missed a pair of Jehova's Witnesses striding to our door to try and save our doomed Buddhist souls. I watched them and thought 'Hey, life without these guys... Might not be so bad, after all.'

--------------------
"The world spins on pain. I realised that if there is a supreme power, then it is our duty to become it's moral superior." -Lord Havelock Vetinari, Patrician of Ankh-Morpork

"The sentient may perceive and love the universe, but the universe may not perceive and love the sentient. The universe sees no distinction between the multitude of creatures and elements which comprise it. All are equal. None is favored. The universe, equipped with nothing but the materials and the power of creation, continues to create: something of this, something of that. It cannot control what it creates and it cannot, it seems, be controlled by its creations (though a few might deceive themselves otherwise). Those who curse the workings of the universe curse that which is deaf. Those who strike out at those workings fight that which is inviolate. Those who shake their fists, shake their fists at blind stars."- Michael Moorcock, author.
+Quote Post

Master Yuso
post May 29 2011, 07:01 AM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 89 929

Defenders of Justice

I'm far from being actively religious, but I do believe that there is a God and that if theres knowledge that God wouldn't have shared amongst his Son, Prophets or Angels, why would a mortal step forth and claim what he "believes" was said, which is an interpretation, not a true message. In any case, we should follow the word of God, not the word of Harold Camping. (Again, not actively religious, just a straight up look at how we handle faith)

--------------------
+Quote Post

toxicXchocobo
post May 29 2011, 06:16 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 046

My Ultimate Team

There's only one way he might have been accurate in his prediction: this world is so incredibly corrupt that such a small number of individuals were "raptured" that it was chalked up to runaways, kidnapping, or some other unsolved case. Likelihood of that, in my opinion, is extremely unlikely.

Is he a fool? Perhaps. Eye of the beholder.
God's holy messenger? Depends if anyone's eyes were opened or their lives were changed for the better. The world may not be ending but something good may have came from it for some.

Personally I think he got too full of himself, egotistical, and maybe even greedy (or simply bored). I suppose, all in all, he is a false prophet as a result regardless of his logic or reasoning. For whatever that's worth to a person. Humans do, after all, make mistakes.

In all honesty though I could care less either way.

--------------------
+Quote Post

roygbiv
post Jun 12 2011, 01:51 PM
Post #9

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 125 915

hg team

ummm... no

1.the bible says only god knows when it will happen

2.it advertized his books on the bottom of the sighn

3. he also tried this about 12 years ago and may 21st 2011 so it is near impossible that it will happen october 21st 2011

--------------------
pokemon white friend code 3096 0916 2525
+Quote Post

NYA AYN NYA
post Jun 23 2011, 06:44 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 144 037

Active Squad

harold camping is stupid. just saying
+Quote Post

kenneth1221
post Jun 30 2011, 03:06 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 127 427

Active Squad

I personally think there is a God, or gods, or something out there, and Jesus was a real man. However, Mr. Camping is basically committing sacrilege by saying that his cult does know when the Rapture will come, since only God, and in extension Jesus, know when the world will end (according to the Bible.) Of course, if Mr. Camping was right about the rapture, he's a sinner, since he's still here, or he was completely wrong. If the world is currently being judged, as he claims now, he is also being judged. But, he tried this earlier, and was wrong. Never trust a liar twice.

He's probably just greedy or bored, or seeking attention. I know why someone would do that. Of course, he could be getting delusions of divinity. If the Christians had disappeared, there would be a lot of people gone. Mr. Camping probably is underestimating the generosity of God, because Protestantism basically is free salvation.

God apparently hasn't talked to humanity through prophets since Biblical times, unless you count more recent religions such as Mormonism. The best we can do is reinterpret the books that have been created through the millennia, and we should assume that books have survived this long for a reason.

In conclusion, there is no way Harold Camping can be a Holy messenger. I wouldn't call him a fool, since he has succesfully boosted the economy by depriving others of their worldly possessions. The Apocalypse and Rapture will come with no warning, unless it is by purely scientific means such as volcanoes, storms, or solar flares. Divine Revelations will not be heralded.

--------------------
VDex:

GPX+

My party here
because I am a supporter of the Department of Redundancy Department.
+Quote Post

LucarioandDialga
post Jul 26 2011, 07:52 PM
Post #12

I'm not on often...
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 749

My favorite Pokemon

Fool.
for its in the Christian bible
Matthew 24:36
"However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows." New Living Translation (©2007)

and if you actually read the bible and look at history, it's the only book that has had prophesies come true. no other one does. and you can yell curse and say mean thing but, it's okay grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Hatake Kakashi
post Aug 3 2011, 12:02 PM
Post #13

I love Kakashi!
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 328

Active Squad

It is pretty stupid, the whole rapture thing. If some being worked hard to create what we have now, why would he/she destroy it?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mrs Snape
post Aug 3 2011, 12:06 PM
Post #14

Always
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 707

Snape

QUOTE(Monsieur Mittens @ Aug 3 2011, 11:02 AM) *
It is pretty stupid, the whole rapture thing. If some being worked hard to create what we have now, why would he/she destroy it?

Because we are corrupt..
obviously..
this will probably get me hated by about everyone.

I Myself am Christian, and believe that the Rapture is real.
To be honest, I think this man just said that, and that it didn't mean anything... BUT it doesn't mean that we shouldn't be prepared.

In fact, we should always be prepared.

The Bible says that man doesn't know when the Rapture will happen. It even says that Jesus doesn't know when his Father will send him back here. Only God knows. God alone, my dear friends, God alone.

--------------------
Whores don't use condoms

Severus Snape <3 (click to show)
Quotatious Quotes, and artistic arts(And Avatar credits. And Duck-Duck-Goose) (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Aug 3 2011, 03:41 PM
Post #15

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

I saw a billboard "advertising" it when I went up for BHO drill, and thought "SHHHHIT...it's not too late is it? Damnit, I always miss these things..."

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

Hatake Kakashi
post Aug 5 2011, 11:39 AM
Post #16

I love Kakashi!
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 328

Active Squad

Now that you say that, Mrs. Snape, I agree with you. I myself, am a Christian, but I think the rapture will not happen for a very long time. Being prepared is always a necessity in life.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kendall Raine
post Apr 11 2012, 08:21 PM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 241

Active Squad

It's important to remember that people have been making up end of the world predictions since the dawn of civilization. People who claim that the things happening nowadays signal the "end of the world" seem to forget that much, much worse things have occurred in the past. Until we get another plague that wipes out a significant portion of the human population again, or something on that scale, then I'm not too worried.

--------------------
Clicku?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2024 - 02:53 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.