Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Family Matters, Sequel to A Dubious Operation
PinkiePie
post Aug 22 2009, 08:03 PM
Post #1

Sacred Guardian of the Ice-type
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11 138

Cold as Ice

Vincent was bored.

This was a whole new level of bored Vincent had never experienced. There was no way on earth that anyone could be so out-of-work as he was. And for Pete's sake, he had a job. His boss was so mad at him, because she wasn't able to file a completed seasonal report. Why?

Because Vincent had failed the last mission on the report.

And as punishment for being the 'worst Grunt of all time and a disgrace to Team Aqua,' Vincent was forced to reside in his room, alone, and do nothing. He couldn't leave for anything. It had been nearly two days now, and Vincent hadn't eaten anything since then. Thankfully, the room had a complimentary bathroom with sink and shower, but he was starting to get lonely and hungry. Very hungry.

His pokemon were no better. All of his pokeballs had been confiscated and were being withheld, forcing his pokemon to roam around the room and suffer with him. None of them deserved this, especially Sneasel. It had worked so hard to defeat the Rebel Engineer with the Houndour in the secret hideaway at Montague Point. Poor Sneasel was tired and hungry, even two whole days after the battle. Shellder was also whipped, taking on Adrian's Poochyena, Anubis, all by itself. Seel and Snorunt were unhurt, but starving.

The monotonous afternoon passed by with nothing exciting or even mildly amusing happening. Vincent lay on the bed, arms behind his head, legs draped over the side, staring at the ceiling. His pokemon slept, trying to stave off their hunger with unconsciousness. Vincent was jealous of them. They had superpowers and near-human intelligence. Why should they be so lucky?

Vincent's radio buzzed loudly across the room, waking up all four of the pokemon in the room as well as startling the radio's owner. He jumped up out of bed and answered the receiver.

"Grunt Vincent Lance, reporting."

::Lance. Guess what? I've decided to let you redeem yourself. You are to go into the city and locate the disk you so easily let slip through your fingers two days ago. I'm not giving you the intelligence report that said it was located at the far end of Noverus, because you have to figure it out yourself as punishment. Your pokeballs are at your door, retrieve them and be on your way. You have forty-eight hours, so GET MOVING!::

Vincent was used to saying one sentance to the Commander and ending the conversation. She was stupid, but she could easily ramble all of the answers to any of his questions into her opening/closing statements.

Vincent hoped the High Commander would fire her.

He opened the door and picked up the pokeballs, returning each of his pokemon to them. Then, with a sigh of relief to be out of his room at last, he exited the dormitory section and headed to the Supply Depot.

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Aug 22 2009, 08:05 PM

--------------------
This is my story series. I'm done posting the second book! Read it!

About me (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fei Fei
post Aug 23 2009, 02:22 PM
Post #2

Is totally a chick.
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 742

PANE Party: Alex

Second Elite Price stared across the table.

Adrian stared back, barely resisting the faint smile that threatened to show on his face.

"Is there a problem, sir?" He asked politely, cocking his head slightly. The disk lay on the table between him and the Second Elite, and Adrian got the distinct impression that Price wished it weren't there.

"No," the other man grunted eventually. "Just get out of my office. Take that disk with you. Put it in the A-12 warehouse." He waved a hand, all but shooing Adrian out the door. Adrian saluted, and then turned to leave. When he closed the door behind him, he looked back over his shoulder slightly, and then smiled fully, shakinghis head.

"That man will never learn," he said, looking down at the two monsters at his feet. Bastet rolled her eyes, padding alongside him on all fours. Anubis made a breathy sound at the back of his throat, a dog form of laughter, and followed too.

"I suppose we're off to take a walk, then." He opened the door to go outside and was met rather roughly with an armful of another person.

Adrian's eyes widened as he caught the other man before he could fall. "Are you quite alright?" He half gasped out, the wind knocked out of him momentarily.

The other man looked up. "Ah! Adrian! I'm so sorry!"

"Dan? What are you doing here?" It wasn't so odd that the other recruit should be here, but Adrian was fairly sure that the fluster boy had other places to be.

"I'm sorry! I was late to clock in, so I ran all the way here, and now I've nearly knocked you over! I'm sorry!"

'It's fine, I'm fine. Where are you posted today?" Adrian asked as he helped the young recruit steady himself.

"Uhhh, I think I'm patrolling warehouse A-12."

Adrian smiled. "Really. Well, then maybe you could do me a favor."

"Anything!"

"Would you mind very much taking this disk down there and putting it in the storage room? I was just on my way down there myself."

Dan smiled. "Oh yeah, sure! I'd be happy to. It's the least I can do, after running into you like that."

"Thank you, Dan." Adrian smiled, patting the other boy's shoulder. Dan smiled, now calmly walking past Adrian with a wave. Adrian watched the other boy walk backwards as he waved, and then walked into a table along the side of the hallway. Adrian just shook his head, amused, and left the building.

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

PANE:
I've been dead. I'm back. Let's get our RP on.

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Aug 23 2009, 08:34 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

The Supply Depot was bustling with Aqua members, Elites and Unranked Recruits alike. They were busy preparing for the new quarter, and all the missions that came with it. Vincent made his was through the crowd and grabbed his equipment from his locker. Inside, taped to the door, was a picture of Vincent and his fiancée, Lanette. He put his finger to his lip, kissing it, then lay it gently on the picture. She was the only person in the world he still retained all his love and respect for, even after the whole incident at home last year. If she were with him now, his life would be complete.

"So what? You're still miserable."

Vincent slammed the locker shut and whirled on the ball of his heel. There, before him, was Lanette. She wore typical civilian clothing (had he really just said that? Civilian? Had Aqua changed him that much?) and had her hair out. It blew beyond her beautiful face in the rush of people behind her, who, despite the proximity, seemed oblivious to her presence. She held out a hand to Vincent.

"I miss you. Come home."

Vincent nodded dreamily. He took her hand, closing his eyes in a daze. He stepped forward and fell down, landing flat on his face on the hard stone floor. A few Elite stopped and laughed at the poor Grunt, pointing and calling names. Vincent pushed up on the ground and jumped to his feet, seething with anger. He pushed past the other members and grabbed an inflatable boat, blowing into it as hard as he could. After a few minutes, it was ready, and he hopped into it and took off.

----------10 Minutes Later----------

The rush of water felt just as good as the last time, but even still, the pain of his loss was overwhelming, and not even the brisk water over his body was enough to quench his burning desire to be with Lanette. She was gone, far away in another land with his dad, and her brother, Jacen, and all of Vincent's other pokemon who probably missed him dearly. Crobat, Kirlia, Combusken, Weavile, Skarmory, Manectric, Shedinja....and he missed them all. But Lanette was the only one he'd seen since he left last year, and for some reason, she was here with him. Whether she was real or if Vincent was simply hallucinating, the very thought of her was too much for his mind to take.

"Take it easy."

He casually opened his eyes a little wider and looked over to his left. Lanette sat awkwardly inside the boat with him, smiling warmheartedly. He sat up straight and opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out.

"You really are hopeless, Vincent. You get flustered at the very image of me."

"So then, you really aren't here?"

She shook her head. "I don't even know where you are. I'm actually talking to with help from your Kirlia."

Kirlia's sweet, high voice ringed into his mind, as though she was calling down to him from the sky. He looked around anxiously, trying to pinpoint his beloved Psychic type pokemon, but she wasn't there.

"She says 'Hi, Vincent.'"

"Hello, Kirlia!" He almost yelled the reply, not knowing if she heard or not.

"This is more of a one-way transmission. She can't hear you."

"But you heard me."

"True."

The two of them sat in the boat, staring into each other's eyes for a long, silent moment. Then suddenly a voice boomed in his head, one louder than either Kirlia's or Lanette's, and much deeper.

"VINCENT! COME HOME THIS INSTANT! YOU ARE SO GROUNDED-"

"Mr. Lance, please stop!"

Vincent recognized the angry, disrupting voice as his father's. He closed his eyes and quickly cleared his head of any thoughts of Lanette or home. He didn't feel like getting lectured by good ol' dad, at the moment. When he opened his eyes, Lanette was gone.

"I hate parents...."

The boat continued on its course, by now halfway around the city of Noverus, on its way to the Magma warehouses.

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

Fei Fei
post Sep 7 2009, 05:04 PM
Post #4

Is totally a chick.
Group Icon

Days not spent in busy work or mundane tasks are days to be cherished. This is a universal truth among all of the working class of the world. For members of criminal organizations, this truth is doubly applied. Any time when one didn't have to stand in front of a warehouse all day doing absolutely nothing is a good day in the books of most cadets.

Adrian concurred with these unnamed but universal cadets. Not having anything else to do for the day, Adrian decided that it would be worth his while to go to the gym, located on the bottom floor of the Magma training facility. He could run the track with Anubis and Bastet, who both enjoyed the exercise.

After a brief stop at his house to pick up a change of clothes, the walk to the gym was a leisurely one. He was halfway there when his communicator alarm rang. He stopped, Anubis and Bastet looking up at him as he pulled the device from his pocket. The screen flashed 'Lv. 3 Emergency' in bright red, buzzing and making a racket of itself.

"A warehouse break in," he murmured to himself. He clicked a button on the bottom that gave him more details. "Warehouse A...12. Well... that's certainly inconvenient." He looked down to the monsters at his feet. "Sorry, you two. It seems we have to make a minor detour." The monsters nodded, turning to follow Adrian as he changed course, heading towards the warehouse on the other side of town.

He looked up from his monsters only for his eyes to widen as an older but attractive woman all but ran into him. He put his arms out to steady her, but she jumped back almost immediately, bracing herself as she looked up at him, then she promptly froze. Adrian smiled bemusedly.

"Forgive me, ma'am. I seem to be in your wa-," he stopped cold when she opened her mouth and spoke.

"A-Adrian?" She asked, almost disbelievingly as she took a step forward.

"I...yes, that would be me. Pardon me but, do I know you, ma'am?" He almost flinched away instinctively as she reached out for him, a broad smile on her face.

"Adrian! Oh my God it is you," she beamed up at him, eyes wide and hopeful as she grasped both of his arms.

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

PANE:

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Sep 7 2009, 10:56 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Vincent finally arrived on the shore at the other side of the island the city was on. The beach led up to a treeline which obscured the surrounding clearing from sight. Inside this clearing, intelligence suggested, was Warehouse 12, where the Dubious Disk was being held. Vincent trudged up the side of the hill, leaving footprints in the wet sand. A few trees in and the Warehouse was perfectly visible. Vincent sat under a tree, looking at the back wall of the seemingly well-defended fortress used for storage. All was, for the most part, serene. Except for the alarm blaring from inside the warehouse, and the chatty man in the tree above him.

Wait, what?

Vincent looked up, casually tilting his head back as he leaned against the tree. A man in a green uniform talked in a hushed tone, holding a two-way receiver in his hand.

"Honey? I can't see you over there. What's going on? We sounded the alarm a while ago, I expected you to be back."

Vincent cleared his throat loudly. The man looked down, shock and alarm written all over his face.

"Hey! You!"

He dropped down, winding a punch at Vincent before he had even hit the ground. As he came down where Vincent had been a moment before, his punch went wide and missed. The man turned and glared at Vincent, who held a pokeball in his hand and his Aqua bandanna on his head. He drew a pokeball also, almost snarling at Vincent.

"Kid, you have no idea who you're messing with...."

Vincent smiled smugly, releasing Sneasel from its pokeball.

"Nope."

The man smiled a little warmly, but never took his eyes off Vincent.

"I'm an Infiltration Expert. The highest rank in the Rebellion. And my job is to crush people like you, who meddle with our affairs."

"You must really like your job. I hope they don't fire you when you come back empty handed."

The man's face fell back to rage, then he released his Scyther from its pokeball. As Scyther exited the pokeball and the aura around it diminished, it streched its scythe-like appendages as though sharpening them on the air.

"I hope the same thing for you, Aqua punk."

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Sep 7 2009, 11:04 PM

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

Fei Fei
post Sep 12 2009, 09:14 PM
Post #6

Is totally a chick.
Group Icon

Adrian had to wonder what he was supposed to think about this recent development. Here was a woman who seemed to know who he was, yet he'd never seen her in his life, not that he could remember. He put her hands on her shoulders and stepped back slightly, keeping her at arms distance.

"I'm afraid, ma'am, that you're going to have to be a little clearer. You seem to know me, but I don't have the pleasure of returning the pleasantry."

The woman looked up at him, letting her arms fall to her sides. "You really...don't...I always wondered if you'd remember. You were so smart, I'd hoped you would." The sound of a far-off whistle caused her to look behind her quickly. She swore, taking a few steps back, looking as if she meant to run.

If there was anything Adrian knew, it was that he could let this woman go. For one thing, she was obviously some sort of criminal, if the way she reacted to the sirens was any indication. And, for another, if he was going to find out how she knew him he was going to have to keep her around.

"I'm afraid," he said, reaching out to re-grab her arm, "that I can't let you run like that."

She whirred her head back to face Adrian, surprise in her eyes, and then resolve.

"Well, I can't let you keep me here." Before Adrian could see (which was kind of a big deal, for him at least) she'd whipped out a pokeball and had jumped back, calling out her monster.

"Absol! Go!' The dark monster leapt from the red light, crouching low and growling as he landed on the ground in between the woman and Adrian.

Adrian quirked an eyebrow. "Very well, if that's what it takes. But if I win you've got to come quietly."

The woman frowned. "If I lost to you, I'd deserve to be taken in. As it stands, I highly doubt I'll be walking away from this the loser."

"You're rather confident, aren't you? Well then, if you win, as you suggest you shall so easily do, I'll let you go. I'll even cover for you, if you'd like."

The woman smiled a little. "That's the Adrian I thought I knew."

That puzzled Adrian more than a little, but he kept his expression neutral as he looked down at his side. "Which of you would like to go?" He asked the two ready and willing monsters at his feet. He missed the woman's gentle smile.

Anubis jumped in front of Adrian to face the other dark-type dog. Adrian shrugged, looking down at the scowling Bastet. "Sorry girl. It looks like he wants to prove something."

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

PANE:

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Sep 12 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Vincent tilted his head slightly, trying to figure something out. The man's choice in pokemon was, at a glance, well decided. However, Sneasel recently learned Icy Wind and, Scyther being a Flying type, that was also a bad move. And, being the pokemon Master he was, Vincent had to ask.

"Why didn't you use a different pokemon?"

The man frowned. "What?"

"Scyther's a Flying type. It's typically not a good idea to fight an Ice type with a Flying type."

"You forget, Sneasel is a Dark type, and Scyther is a Bug type. It's Fury Cutter will cut right through you."

Vincent hadn't forgotten, but it made little difference to him. Sneasel was faster than Scyther, and that was good enough for him.

"I know. Sneasel will run circles around Scyther."

"We'll see."

------------------------------------------

Absol readied into a pouncing stance, ready for its trainer's call.

"Sorry, Adrian. But I'm leaving with my prize. Absol, Razor Wind."

Absol growled low and leaned forward, it's horn glowing brightly. Then it reeled back, coming down and unleashing a flurry of razor-sharp wisps of air. They formed a hypnotizing pattern, which could almost take your attention of the actual attack if you weren't focused. The attack came down in one wave, all targeting the general area surrounding the Poochyena.

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

Fei Fei
post Sep 17 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #8

Is totally a chick.
Group Icon

Anubis's eyes widened, not expecting the swift and brutal attack. Adrian was just as surprised. He'd had to act fast and smart if he was going to win this.

Interesting.

"Anubis!" He shouted out as the dark dog was thrown back. it was easy to tell that it had been a near miss One Hit-KO.

Just how strong is that thing? Adrian wondered, gritting his teeth. If one thing was positive, it was that woman was deceptively powerful, and obviously an amazingly talented trainer.

But so was he, and he just might be able to do this if he kept his head on straight.

"Anubis," he said quietly to the struggling dog, still attempting to get up from the first blow. "You're going to have to concentrate on not getting hit. I'm sorry to say boy, but the only way we're winning this is if we whittle away their health." The dog stubbornly nodded, obviously not happy with the touch and go plan, but consented anyway.

"That's a good boy." Adrian looked back up at the woman who was looking at him with what Adrian would have -under any other circumstances- classified as pride.

Strange.

---

"Scyther! Slash!" There was a blur of motion and the mantis pokemon dashed forward to deliver the high-leveled move upon the dark-ice Sneasle. The move was strategically logical. It was neither weak nor particularly effective against Sneasle, but it's sheer power would be enough to deal some damage. It was a much better choice than using a perhaps more powerful bug type move.

The man was visibly tense, but it was obvious that his mind was elsewhere, not concentrating a great deal on the battle at hand. Such a thing could easily have been taken for a seemingly strong sense of confidence or a low estimation of his opponent.

Then again, perhaps it was a little bit of both.

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

PANE:

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Sep 18 2009, 06:03 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

It was obvious that whatever the siren was going off for, the man was part of it. Every now and then he would look behind him, as though he were waiting for someone. Vincent was able to pick up on these subtle movements and posture, predicting the man had no interest in staying for a long battle. Too bad for him.

"You're not going anywhere yet, so sit down and dig in your heels. Sneasel, dodge and use Scratch!"

Sneasel jumped out of the way of the attack, faster than Scyther could ever be. If Sneasel and Weavile were proud for anything, it was their speed. It ran a half-circle around Scyther and tried to claw at its back.
--------------------------------------------------
The lady smiled warmly at Adrian.

"Sorry, but it's just business, Adrian. Absol, Double Team."

The Bad-luck pokemon split off into ten or twelve copies of itself, surrounding poor Poochyena.

"Aerial Ace."

The attack charged, but visibly all of them were about to attack. The Absol were all the same in the sense that they all were about to use Aerial Ace.

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Sep 18 2009, 10:50 PM

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

Fei Fei
post Sep 19 2009, 09:31 AM
Post #10

Is totally a chick.
Group Icon

Aerial Ace...

It was a move that had no chance of missing, no matter how you tried to evade.

And at that point it was all over.

Adrain could only stare, eyes wide, as Anubis was all put beaten to the ground. The moment the Absol back off from it's attack, probably knowing full well that it's opponent was defeated and it could now stop, Adrian rushed forward, bending down to check the dark-dog pokemon.

"Are you alright Anubis?" He asked quietly as he lifted the small dog into his arms, standing up. Anubis made a rather pathetic whine, nodding it's head slowly. Adrian smiled slightly, taking out Anubis's pokeball and returning him to it.

He looked back over at the woman, a hard look in his eyes. "I have to say, I'm impressed. I wasn't expecting that. Not to be vain or anything, but I usually don't lose." He looked to Bastet at his side. The cat was on all fours, her back arched in a menacing way. It was easy to see that she wanted to avenge Anubis, even if she may have known that he was stronger than her.

"But this isn't over," Adrian continued, looking back at the woman. "I can't let you leave, not now. I've only got this little girl here left, but it looks like she doesn't mind taking her chances." Bastet took that as a cue to dash forward onto the battlefield, hissing at the Bad Luck pokemon.

Strangely enough, the Absol looked a little distraught. Adrian filed the reaction away as he prepared to attack once more.

---

The man looked back at Vincent with an annoyed frown. "Well see about that, kid," he muttered as he turned his attention back to the battle at hand.

"Scyther!" He called out," Let's show this kid what real speed looks like! Agility!" The scyther nodded and then...

It was gone.

An instant before there had been a blur of green, and now the Scyther had run off, his movements unreadable save for the occasional green blur that flitted around the field.

"Now, Scyther, Use Razor Wind!" The flitting around the field became more erratic, circling around the Sneasle in unpredictable ways. A moment later, there was one last flit to the left, and from behind Sneasle the Scyther came with it's claws outstretched, faster than any pokemon could react.

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

PANE:

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Sep 19 2009, 10:26 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Sneasel had enough time to cry out in shock before Scyther came down on it with crushing force. The Sharp Claw pokemon thrashed in midair as it flew toward a large tree, where Sneasel eventually smacked into. A sickening crack made Vincent shudder, almost to the point where he closed his eyes. Sneasel lay in an awkward silence, bent up and broken in front of the massive pine. The man laughed.

"Poor Sneasel. Never knew what hit him...."

The man turned his attention to Vincent, while he himself watched Sneasel.

"You ready to surrender, kid?"

Vincent looked over at the man, taking his eyes off Sneasel for only a moment.

"No."

The man's face skewed from certainty to confusion. Scyther bent forward, ready to strike at Vincent's next pokemon.

"You see," Vincent said, gesticulating to the tree behind the man nonchalantly, "my first pokemon hasn't been knocked out yet."

"What? Your Sneasel? It's a mangled mess over there by the tr-"

Turning toward the tree Sneael had been near just a second ago, both trainers made opposite faces. Vincent's expression of jubilation was a visible contradiction of the man's anger. Suddenly Sneasel was all over Scyther, clawing and slicing at the unsuspecting mantis who, a moment ago, was poised to attack Vincent. With Sneasel on it's back, clawing at it's wings and anything else Sneasel could find, Scyther was defenseless.

"Icy Wind, Sneasel."

Sneasel released a massive flurry of snow and freezing wind on Scyther from point blank and from behind, unloading on it's wings so that they were too clod to extend. Soon Scyther's arms and legs were cold to the muscle as well, and as it tumbled forward, unable to maintain balance, Sneasel jumped off its back and landed on both feet a meter from the now shivering mantis, and collapsed as well.

"Well fought, but now you have lost," said Vincent, bowing to his opponent.

The man growled deep inside his own throat, mad as a herd of rampaging Tauros. He picked up his walkie-talkie and pressed the button.

"Honey, bang out. Scyther is down, and I didn't bring-"

He saw Vincent again.

"-my other pokemon. We got the disk, let's go."

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

Fei Fei
post Sep 19 2009, 12:12 PM
Post #12

Is totally a chick.
Group Icon

The woman looked ready to attack Adrian and Bastet, a resigned look on her face. She was about to call out Absol's attack when a device at her hip chimed. She looked at it, startled, then looked back at Adrian.

Adrian made no move to signal that she should or shouldn't answer it.

She picked it up, clicking the answer to what was obviously a walkie-talkie of some sort. Adrian heard a man's voice quite clearly over the line.

She looked distresses as she glanced from Adrian and back to the walkie-talkie.

"Roger," she said finally. "I'll meet you at the beta point. Get yourself out of there." She quickly snapped the walkie-talkie back at her hip, standing firmly in front of Adrian. She swallowed hard.

"Are we going to finish this?" She asked, hard. He wondered just why she was set in such a way...

And then Adrian saw what she was going to do. She'd told her partner to essentially go on without her. A false promise to meet him while she stayed behind to cover for him.

But that wasn't going to happen.

Because Adrian was going to let her go.

"Come on back, Bastet," he said softly, returning the surprised monster back into her pokeball.

The woman wore an equal look of surprise, staring at Adrian uncertainly.

"You can go," he said. "That man will be waiting for you, you won't want to disappoint him. Don't worry," he added. "As far as I'm concerned, you won. I'll uphold my end of the deal. You were never here."

The woman straightened, startled, then the strangest look came over her face. Pride, happiness, confliction. She almost looked like she was about to cry, though Adrian couldn't have told you why. He'd merely followed through on a promise.

She nodded, then started to run off past him. She paused, though, when as she was next to him. "Thank you," she muttered, andf then continued on her way.

Adrian watched her leave, wondering why he'd let her. In any case, there was little he could do about it now. He turned when he heard footsteps approaching.

"Adrian!" His eyes widened slightly when Daniel came running up to him.

"Daniel? What's wrong?" He asked. He hadn't imagined that Daniel would have been involved in this.

Dan put his hands on his knees as he attempted to catch his breath. "Adrian!" He finally gasped out. "Did you see anyone suspicious run past here? Warehouse A-12 was just robbed while I was on duty!" He straightened up, like a deer in headlights. Adrian smiled slightly, sorry for him.

"No, Dan. I'm afraid I haven't seen anyone here. i was just on my way to the warehouses when I heard the alarms."

"Ahhhhh. Price is going to kill me!" Daniel whined, putting his head in his hands. Adrian placed a hand on the boy's shoulder, bringing him back to face him.

"Why don't you bring me to the warehouse? We'll check to see if anything was stolen. That way you have a complete report when you tell Price how I missed the bandits."

Daniel, being a tad slower than most, took a moment to register what Adrian had said. "What! No! I can't let you take the fall!"

"And I can't let you get fired for something beyond your control. Price already hates me," Adrian reasoned coolly, "but he can't fire me. It's not vanity when I say that I'm useful."

Dan looked like he was either about to cry or hug Adrian. He did both. "Thank you Adrian! I don't know how I'd get by without you!"

Adrian smiled, saying nothing as he led the way to the warehouse.

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

PANE:

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Sep 20 2009, 12:02 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

As the man clipped his walkie talkie to his belt and started walking away, Vincent whistled loudly to obtain his attention. The man grimaced as he turned to face Vincent.

"What?"

"I won."

"So?"

Vincent held out a hand.

"I'm not paying you, snobby kid. You'll never get a cent out of me."

The man turned back and ran away, fleeing toward the city. He joined with another figure and together they fled past the tree line and into the suburbs.

"We'll see."

Looking around, Vincent could see the atmosphere of the surrounding area. The vivid night sky was breezy and clam, save for the few leaves blowing off the trees. Vincent shook his head, tired but victorious, and walked over to the warehouse, removing his uniform as he walked. The bandanna was wet with water from the river and sweat from his forehead. As he walked he saw couple of Magmas heading back to the warehouse. Vincent called out to them.

"Hey, excuse me. I'm a little lost...."

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Sep 20 2009, 12:07 AM

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

Fei Fei
post Sep 20 2009, 08:45 AM
Post #14

Is totally a chick.
Group Icon

Dan started a bit, surprised when he heard a voice other than his and Adrian's cut through the darkness.

"A Civilian?" He asked questioningly to himself. Without looking back at Adrian he jogged forward, coming up to Vincent with a salute. "Hello citizen. Is there anything we can help you with? I hope that you know that you've gotten yourself lost in a restricted area. That's a little bit silly, if you don't mind my saying. Isn't that right, Adrian?"

Now, if Daniel had looked back at Adrien before running over, he would have seen the boy still, recognizing the mysterious third voice immediately.

And for a moment, he had an 'average person' moment (that is to say, a moment where he wasn't being an absolute genius).

What the hell? He thought, still standing in the same spot he'd stopped at, confused beyond all belief. Then, he wanted to laugh. He wanted to laugh really hard. But that would scare Dan unnecessarily. Alright. He could play this game.

"Isn't that right, Adrian?" Adrian was brought back to the the conversation between Dan and Vincent when Dan mentioned his name. He wondered briefly if Vincent remembered him.

With a smirk, he strode forward, his hands in his pockets. "You're right, Daniel." He said in his typical calm, low voice. Dan's smile brightened. Adrian wondered just why his opinion mattered so much to the boy, but it really wasn't a matter of any importance.

He came up to stand next to Dan, right in front of Vincent. He gave the Auqa a knowing look, a small smirk finding it's way back onto his featured. "It doesn't signify much intelligence if one can get lost in a completely walled in, high security restricted area."

Dan frowned. "Well, I didn't say he was dumb, Adrian. I mean...well, I guess everyone is dumb next to you, but he's not a whole lot dumber than me. I just said it was silly."

Adrian had to wonder how Vincent was reacting to their blatant discussion of his intelligence right in front of him.

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

PANE:

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Sep 20 2009, 10:26 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Vincent tilted his head in a confused fashion.

"It's disrespectful to insult the intelligence of someone, especially when they are intellectually superior to you. In fact, when that's the case, it's considered being insecure, which you have no trouble hiding. You hang on my good friend Adrian's every word, and that is just gross. Idol worship doomed many a civilization, my friend...."

Ignoring the one called Dan, Vincent turned back to Adrian and addressed him directly, putting his Aqua bandanna on again. Adrian hadn't changed much. He was visibly a little more perplexed, like he was thinking about something. Vincent figured he looked like that, too, since he was thinking as well.

"So, we meet again. I originally came to steal that Dubious Disk again, but it appears you've had a break-in already tonight. I'm guessing they took it, correct?"

The alarm finally turned off and peace resumed, save for the Magmas rushing into the city after the Rebels. They appeared oblivious to Vincent, who was wearing his bandanna despite being so close to the enemy. He thought for a moment how similar Aqua and Magma were, though neither side would admit it. They both pursued a better environment for humans and pokemon, while at the same time corrupt and willing to step on people to achieve their ends. Vincent wondered why he chose Aqua over Magma in the first place.

He would get to be friends with Adrian that way. Maybe even his bunkmate.

Then again, he would never have met Victor, either....

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Sep 24 2009, 03:54 PM

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

Fei Fei
post Sep 29 2009, 08:35 PM
Post #16

Is totally a chick.
Group Icon

Dan stared, mouth agape, as Vincent put the bandana on. "An Aqua?" He said, stating the painfully obvious.

Adrian rolled his eyes, stepping past Dan, patting the boy's head as he went. "Yes, Dan. Vincent here is an acquaintance of mine." He gave Vincent an appraising look. "He came to steal back the item that I gave you this morning. I'd 'stolen' it from him. But don't worry about the big details, Dan. They're not very important." Dan nodded slowly, dumbfounded, not sure whether to walk away in a daze or stay and 'protect' Adrian, who most certainly needed no protection.

"So," Adrian started, turning his full attention to Vincent. "Is the disk what they stole? How ironic. I'd only had it put in the warehouse this morning. I was coming this way to see what had been stolen, though I suppose that endeavor is quite useless, at this point." He shifted his eyes to look at the small hole in the side of the warehouse. "That woman, most certainly," he murmured to himself, stepping closer to inspect it. The hole appeared to have been created by a rapid cooling than heating that weakened the metal walls to the extent that the could have been broken by a notable force. It was small enough not to be immediately noticed, just big enough for a mid-sized pokemon to crawl through and retrieve the item. "Clever," he applauded with a small smile. "It wouldn't have made as much noise as dynamite or any other such explosive."

He turned back to Vincent for a moment as he examined the damage. "Why did you come back for it, Vincent? It wasn't all that worth it. Did they threaten your job? You?" He asked casually, turning back to the work, listening to Vincent all the while. The wall would have to be reinforced, he noted, if it could be broken so easily. That would be a pain, but it wasn't his problem.

He released Anubis from his pokeball, the tired monster shaking his head in an effort to energize itself. It answered with an enthusiastic but energy-less bark. "Hey, Anubis," Adrian said kindly, sympathetically. "Simple job for you, boy. I just need to you jump inside there and make sure nothing else was stolen. Search for their scents." If they'd been anywhere else in the storehouse besides the place with the disk, Anubis would smell it. From there they could see what else may have been stolen, though Adrian was sure it was just the disk. "All of that effort for an item of relatively little value," he thought out loud. "The extent of it's function is assisting the evolution of a rather weak pokemon." Though, Porygon did have it's uses. it could be downloaded onto a computer, functioning as a living hacking device. It was potentially very dangerous, but very few people knew of it's potential at all. It would pose a problem if the Rebels knew...

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

PANE:

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Sep 29 2009, 10:56 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Adrian and his friend were looking at him, waiting for an answer. Vincent, though, was occupied with the view of the city. As close as they were, the lights still mesmerized him into a hypnotic stare. The different fuzzy balls of color drifted between each other as he went cross-eyed, forming explosions of technicolor across the cityscape. The beautiful scene was perturbed by the sudden jolt of reality, as it so cruelly was every time, when Vincent remembered he was being spoken to.

"Not so much my job, more like boss's. I'm not sure what would happen to me if I failed, but I wouldn't shed a tear if my CO took a dive from that cloud she's had her head in this whole time."

He looked back toward the city, this time a serious face occupied the space the stupified expression once held. The two had made for the main street into town, going right through to the shopping district. The only known Rebel base was somewhere in the city, so Vincent assumed that was where they were now.

"Are we going after them? Because I can get an estimate location somewhere in the Main Plaza in Noverus. Maybe Anubis could sniff them out."

The city loomed higher than it should from the ground. Vincent was used to seeing it from the HQ, farther north and higher up.

"The view's nice from here...."

Vincent couldn't get the idea of being a Magma out of his head again.

Or Lanette....

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Sep 30 2009, 09:30 AM

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

Fei Fei
post Oct 10 2009, 10:27 AM
Post #18

Is totally a chick.
Group Icon

Adrian watched silently as Vincent looked over the lights of the city. It was a stunning sight, to be sure, but he was so used to it that it ceased to be special at times. Of course, he could appreciate that it was beautiful, and allowed the boy a moment to look at it without badgering for an answer (not that he would have badgered anyway).

Out of the corner of his eye he saw Dan floundering for an explanation in his own mind, thinking at a rate that was probably a little dangerous to his health as he tried to make heads and tails out of the situation. Adrian smiled slightly as he watched him, and eventually the often spastic boy seemed to come to a conclusion of 'just ignore the fact that he's an Aqua'. Good, Adrian thought, it would make things easier for them if Dan didn't go running off to report Vincent.

He looked back when Vincent spoke and, in a moment of uncharacteristic hesitance, he paused, biting his lip as he looked back at the hole in the wall. He'd let the woman go, and had promised not to chase after her. He'd even told her that he'd cover for her. But that was before he'd known what she stole. They couldn't just let that get away. Then again, allowing Vincent to help with the retrieval was just as risky.

His thoughts were interrupted when Dan spoke out. "Yeah, Adrian! That's a great idea! Between the three of us, we'll definitely catch them!"

With a sigh, Adrian stood up from his crouch fluidly, turning to face the two other men. "Alright, but Dan, you'll have to stay here. With a hole in the wall here, this warehouse is going to be compromised, and you need to guard it," he tacked on when Dan's face fell at the news of being left behind. At the words of 'guarding', Dan perked up a little bit, and saluted Adrian with a smile. Sometimes Adrian was glad that Dan wasn't the most intelligent of folks.

Turning to Vincent, Adrian leveled the boy with a serious eye. "First, this can't be cat and mouse again, Vincent. I'm not in the mood to have to fight you or trick you out of stealing the disk once we get it back. If you or your pokemon or you job had been on the line, I might have just given it to you, but if one of your superiors is taking the fall, then I'll not be so lenient.

"Secondly, I'm not going to waltz right into rebel headquarters. If you can, find them before they get there. If not, then we'll have to report this, because the entirety of the Rebel faction is a bit much for you and I to handle." He wasn't going to put his skills on a pedestal and say that he could take them. He couldn't. He could run mental circles around them, but in a pokemon battle, he knew Anubis and Bastet were not quite up to the challenge, even if they'd do it for him anyway.

Dan seemed to disagree with Adrian's logic, frowning with a pout as he looked at Adrian. "You could take them, Adrian. I know you could."

"Thank you for the vote of confidence, Daniel, but it's just not realistic," he said in a slightly more gentle tone than he'd taken with Vincent. He turned back to the Aqua member, though, as he waited for an answer.

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

PANE:

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Oct 10 2009, 02:35 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Vincent smiled, knowing what Adrian was thinking.

"I've resigned to letting you have the disk. I don't want it. My superior, my CO, wants it, and i don't want her. And as for their pokemon, let me worry about them. I might not be intellectually superior to you, but you forget who won our fight. And I don't know about you, but I beat the man in a one on one battle. I can, at the very least, hold out until you recovered the disk if push came to shove."

But he turned back to the glimmering cityscape.

"Judging on my previous calculations, though, we could, in theory, catch them before they reach their headquarters. If we ran, and followed them without letting on such, we would get the jump on them a couple minutes before they arrived at Main Square."

He turned back to Adrian.

"I still need your help, though."

Vincent only gave Adrian a look. He was a little younger than Adrian, for sure, but Adrian always mentally referred to him as kid, as proven by his attitude around Vincent. He was kind, to say the least, but made no effort to please Vincent when it inconvenienced him. 'As though I was expecting otherwise,' Vincent thought.

"If we start now, we can catch up to them sooner. Let's go."

Vincent removed his Aqua bandanna and took off into the city, knowing Adrian would be right behind him. As the neared the first few building Vincent finally got a good picture of just how tall their really were, and how perfectly hidden the rebels could be in such a mass of steel skyscrapers and tin warehouses. The main shopping plaza was only a few blocks down from the Magma's storage warehouses. Just far enough for the two agents to have gotten there only just now, which meant Vincent had to book it.

As he neared the square the throng of people became too crowded to run anymore and Vincent had to stop for a second. He scanned the mass of people for the two rebel thieves who, obviously, wouldn't be in their uniforms anymore. But he got a good look at the man's face, and he wouldn't miss it if he saw him. He turned to Adrian after he caught up.

"Keep an aye out for the woman, okay? I never got a good look at her."

Vincent kept scanning the crowd slowly, trying to find the pair of thieves. Why this disk was so important he may never know, but one thing was for sure: there was no way this would be the last dispute over it.

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

Fei Fei
post Oct 24 2009, 11:32 AM
Post #20

Is totally a chick.
Group Icon

Adrian was internally relieved that Vincent would, as he said, resign his fight for the disk. It would certainly make Adrian's life a whole lot easier. He'd have to do something to thank the other boy.

He huffed a smirk when Vincent brought up the outcome of their last battle, but let sleeping dogs lie. He wouldn't get into a pointless argument about who was stronger than who. No one ever won those sorts of fights.

"I'm impressed. If the man was anywhere near as strong as the woman was, my opinion of you as a battler rises." He thought a moment, thinking on Vincent's proposition. "That sounds like a fine idea, really. It will be nice," he smirked, "having you actually be on my side this time." Of course, he was still going to watch his back, because it would be fool to completely trust anyone, especially Vincent, but he felt that he could invest a moderate amount of faith in him.

He looked out to the city as well, knowing better than Vincent just how crowded and hard to navigate it could be. "Alright. We'll go now. We absolutely have to find them before they reach the base." He nodded to himself, his own mental confirmation, and took off after Vincent, smiling a tad on the inside as he caught Dan's rather confused expression as he passed the other boy.

Adrian was a fast runner, built for more quick and graceful movements rather than force, so navigating the crowds was easy for him, keeping his eyes trained on Vincent's back intermittently, all the while looking around for the woman he had earlier seen.

The lights of the city provided ample shadow cover for the two rebels to be hiding in, and Adrian knew as well as Vincent that they had to be found now. He stopped when Vincent stopped, nodding his assertion that he'd be able to spot out the woman.

"I assume, then, that you saw the man fairly well. I never saw him, so he's entirely in your hands."

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

PANE:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:41 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.