Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Is Ash the worst trainer to ever battle Pokemon?, You decide.
ShivasDisciple
post Oct 13 2008, 06:48 PM
Post #21

ShivasDisciple
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2 277

Venomous Gym Team

Well yes Ash is an absolutely horrible trainer but lets not forget about Misty!!! She would send her Goldeen on dry land!! DRY LAND!!!! She isn't very intellegent either.... teehee.gif

--------------------
shuckle.gif CLAIMED shuckle.gif

Badges

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Moltres
post Oct 14 2008, 12:16 AM
Post #22

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 188

Active Squad

I agree he is the worst.. His infinite luck is sooo annoying xD

--------------------

+Quote Post

RedGardevoir
post Oct 14 2008, 05:51 PM
Post #23

Psychic of the People
Group Icon

Member No.: 605

Psychic Assisstants

he's an ok trainer he raises his pokemon right but, i think his character is overly peppy and over-used now, he also is abit overly lucky don't you think? it's pretty lame....

--------------------
[align=center][spoiler=Red's Eggs]
[/spoiler]
[/align][align=center][spoiler=Rp's]

Elemental

Shipwreked Chapter1

Pokemon Academy

Shadows of War

[/spoiler][/align]
[align=center]Run at the sight of my Goddess Red Gardevoir![/align]
[align=center][/align][align=center] Thanks for the banner Missy Artichoke![/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center] :gardevoir: I Claim Gardevoir! :gardevoir: [/align]
[align=center]Kanto Mew Mew! Like Tokyo Mew Mew, but with a Pokemon twist!
Still accepting applications! Join today!
[/align]
+Quote Post

Smythy
post Oct 19 2008, 06:26 AM
Post #24

Out of the Ground I rise to Grace
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 805

SS Team

Please, dont ever remind me of the first ever gym battle. Please!

He is a bad trainer, but he HAS seen every single legendary so far! That would be something to brag about!

--------------------
I'm back... for now :P

Kudos

Banner made by Viktoriya1998. Thanks to the people who contributed to my Pokedex the last time I was around! Credit goes to Team-Gama for the avatar

Clicky :P (click to show)
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Oct 23 2008, 12:36 PM
Post #25

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

"Is Ash the worst trainer to ever battle Pokemon?"

Short answer - no. The title of "worst ever" surely goes to the pair from Kanto with the Bulbasaur and Charmander who were so crap that they gave up. And don't forget TR - they lost to a Caterpie for god's sake and to another of Ash's Pokemon every week.
He got invited to become a Frontier Brain... surely that means he's actually pretty damn good? And he won the Orange League...
Although it is fun to Ash-bash 'til the Miltank come home, it's pretty pointless. The target audience for the anime is at such a young age that all this battling stuff really means nothing to them but pretty pictures and flashing colours.

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

DHofer99
post Oct 24 2008, 12:21 PM
Post #26

Dhofer99
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3 019

Active Squad

QUOTE(Living Arrow @ Oct 23 2008, 01:36 PM) *
"Is Ash the worst trainer to ever battle Pokemon?"

Short answer - no. The title of "worst ever" surely goes to the pair from Kanto with the Bulbasaur and Charmander who were so crap that they gave up. And don't forget TR - they lost to a Caterpie for god's sake and to another of Ash's Pokemon every week.
He got invited to become a Frontier Brain... surely that means he's actually pretty damn good? And he won the Orange League...
Although it is fun to Ash-bash 'til the Miltank come home, it's pretty pointless. The target audience for the anime is at such a young age that all this battling stuff really means nothing to them but pretty pictures and flashing colours.

i aggree 100 and 10 % with you

--------------------

Skarmonite is a hybrid of Skarmory and Dragonite. The normal Skarmonite inherited Skarmory's colors. The shiny Skarmonite inherited Dragonite's colors. The feelers are opposite on each, showing the link between shiny and normal.

+Quote Post

Flamer
post Nov 1 2008, 12:13 PM
Post #27

Insert whitty phrase here
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 757

Faves

If he was a trainer in the games, I agree he'd be awefull, but he's in the anime and the whole point of that is to entertain, primarily, little kids. So it doesn't really matter if he uses a Pikachu against a Onix as long as it makes for a good show. Then again, whether it is a good show or not, even for it's target audience is debatable, but ranting on about the anime will take me too far off topic so I'm not even going to start.

--------------------

+Quote Post

keweli
post Nov 6 2008, 05:38 AM
Post #28

Why? Why Not!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 513

Best of Ash + Wynaut

OK, when it comes to pokemon battles... he is a master,
but when it comes to girls, he needs to learn from Brock.

I mean WTF is wrong with Ash? Misty clearly informed Ash she liked him in one of the episodes...
and then they never see each other again.

Alright if he really didn't like Misty, whey can't he choose one of the many girls.

This post has been edited by keweli: Nov 6 2008, 05:39 AM

--------------------
Every morning, I wake up wishing Ash wasn't such an idiot letting Misty and all his Pokemon go... crazy.gif

MISTY'S SECRET DIARY

+Quote Post

domantas97
post Apr 22 2009, 01:34 PM
Post #29

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 12 901

Active Squad

NO

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Apr 24 2009, 11:21 PM
Post #30

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 205

so i herd...

[DELETED]

This post has been edited by Creepiest: Apr 3 2014, 04:51 AM
+Quote Post

Andris
post Apr 26 2009, 09:44 AM
Post #31

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 618

Dream Team

I think sometimes Ash is really care less whit his Pokémons especially whit his Jhoto Pokémons (which are he still have)., he cared whit Phumphy only because Phumphy ran afther him at the begin of his journey to the Battle Frontier.

Second thing: He left his Pidgeot to protect the other Pidgeys and Pidgeots, but he promised to Pidgeot to pick it up later, it was befor his Jhoto journey. When will he pick Pidgeot up?

--------------------

Other Pokémon Adoptables
(click to show)
+Quote Post

LittleRike
post Apr 27 2009, 04:16 AM
Post #32

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 185

Active Squad

if that were true he wouldve won the pokemon leagues in all regions and he wouldve never lost a gym battle
its an anime its not the same as the game type advantage isnt that big and stop hating because you dont have a shiny noctowl lucky git

It dosen't matter if it's an anime, the manga (Pokemon Special / Pokemon Adventures) follows the game's attributes perfectly.

He dosen't really mean HE'S good, it could mean the Pokemon were good, or actually had brains. ^_^.gif"

--------------------
I return clicks, as long as i'm not in school, since when I come back from school, the people I owe are gone, therefore can't click back, since I don't know who did and didn't, sorry, PM me, if you clicked and got no reply.
+Quote Post

Atramentua
post Apr 27 2009, 10:32 AM
Post #33

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 000

Active Squad

I'm not very fond of Ash as a character, admittedly. He's grated on my nerves ever since I was a kid.

I do love the Ash from the manga, though. He is generally more likable.

--------------------

I always return as many clicks as I am given. cat.gif
+Quote Post

Proffesor Yakura
post May 9 2009, 06:56 PM
Post #34

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 173

Active Squad

I actually, disagree. In fact is, in the Johto region he was a hyper overconfident boy, who thought he could take on the world. In Johto most of the times he got himself put in his place that it is not true. He wasnt thinking. I truely hate to see his pokemon leave. But are you taking this a little to serious, actually it is not cool to let his pokemon leave, but for the little kids, its kind of teaching them that its hard to say goodbye and not everything can stay that way. When he sends in his Pikachu to fight the Bellsprout, not smart thinking but i dont care. Why? Cause he still laggs on experience. But, he has good fate in his Pokemon and they are all very close. I see in alot of Anime that the power of Teamwork and Friendship is the strongest power. And thats why they win. And personally i like that they keep Ash in it. Better then people who can brag about his/her knowledge of Pokemon, sure it would be great. But Ash is 10 years old when he started, kids from that age watch Pokemon. When i had that age, i would dream of being Ash or anyone else in the Pokemon world, and having friends to travel with and have great adventures. So let them dream. You could notice if you really werent always keep looking for the negative sides of Ash or Pokemon, that he gets more Experience in Pokemon, every region. He helped May when she was a beginner and that same counts for Dawn. I really think you could keep bragging how bad Ash or the Anime atm is, but this isnt get you any further. If you try to mess up Pokemon included Ash. Then your stealing smiles from LOTS of childeren. I dont got any problem with the topic, but what is the point? Look deeper, look to the positive sides. I think if you really are trying to do something about Ash being the person in Pokemon, then your Selfish. If you are 14+ and discuss about how much you dislike Ash. Then i got to dissappoint you, Ash is drawn to do that and you can watch Pokemon or not. Actually i think Pokemon is for -12 kids. But you see even older kids enjoy it. Even i still enjoy it. I just wanted to make a point.

@Keweli: 1. They do see each other again and you never know. Maybe after hes done with his journey he returns to Pallet and dates Misty, but that is clearly not the point. If Pokemon was about love, they would make a soap where Ash had to choose Dawn, May and Misty. Clearly i prefer May. Dont take this as a offense but first time i saw Misty, i thought she was a boy. So maybe if she dressed up more as a girl, then Ash maybe notice her much as a Date. But i see that Ash isnt even thinking about love but more about Pokemon.

- Done - yourmove.gif

--------------------
"You know, i do research pokemon."

It would really help my research if you click on them. I will click back.
For 1 Click on the left egg, you will get 2 clicks back ^^. (Doesnt count for the other eggs)

Mission #1; Get a Chimchar Egg and hatch it.
Completed: Found it!
+Quote Post

Vicky Chai Tea
post May 9 2009, 07:18 PM
Post #35

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 962

Active Squad

Aw, come on. Ash is my favorite!

--------------------
I click back full party and warm eggs. I also feed the right fruits <3
+Quote Post

HaganeGir
post May 9 2009, 09:04 PM
Post #36

Walking Fridge
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 21 260

Team Dinner

Two things about Ash greatly annoy me. The first is that he has a tendency to release all of his Pokemon. I haven't watched much of anything past the Johto episodes, so I don't know if he stopped doing it, but it got really annoying. I know he did it for their sake and so that, say, Lapras could be with its family, but every awesome Pokemon he got would disappear not long after. The show features the phrase 'Gotta catch 'em all!' but the main character was almost giving away his Pokemon. Yet he keeps the thirty or so Tauros so they can terrorise Professor Oak. It was always something that bugged me.

The other thing applies to all of the main characters, really, who never seem to recognise Team Rocket despite their flimsy disguises. They could strut past in full Team Rocket uniforms, wearing fake mustaches and Ash still wouldn't recognise them. It does make Team Rocket awesome, though. :p

I wouldn't say Ash is the worst trainer, but he definitely has some strange nuances.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Proffesor Yakura
post May 10 2009, 03:43 AM
Post #37

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 173

Active Squad

QUOTE(HaganeGir @ May 9 2009, 09:04 PM) *
Two things about Ash greatly annoy me. The first is that he has a tendency to release all of his Pokemon. I haven't watched much of anything past the Johto episodes, so I don't know if he stopped doing it, but it got really annoying. I know he did it for their sake and so that, say, Lapras could be with its family, but every awesome Pokemon he got would disappear not long after. The show features the phrase 'Gotta catch 'em all!' but the main character was almost giving away his Pokemon. Yet he keeps the thirty or so Tauros so they can terrorise Professor Oak. It was always something that bugged me.

The other thing applies to all of the main characters, really, who never seem to recognise Team Rocket despite their flimsy disguises. They could strut past in full Team Rocket uniforms, wearing fake mustaches and Ash still wouldn't recognise them. It does make Team Rocket awesome, though. :p

I wouldn't say Ash is the worst trainer, but he definitely has some strange nuances.

And this all leads to: Childeren, Ash releases the pokemon cause he was drawn to do that and probally so the kids can learn about goodbye's and that not everything stays the same. I know Team Rocket is easy to spot in a disguise, but would it not be so stupid that he identify team rocket everytime? Whats the point, besides Team rocket are funny but not strong, so if i were Ash i wouldnt even payed attention to those losers. It is not the "Who is this person" show. And not "Ash you moron why are letting your pokemon go" show. Maybe if your old enough, you'll accept that saying goodbye has to be done sometimes.

This post has been edited by Proffesor Yakura: May 10 2009, 03:43 AM

--------------------
"You know, i do research pokemon."

It would really help my research if you click on them. I will click back.
For 1 Click on the left egg, you will get 2 clicks back ^^. (Doesnt count for the other eggs)

Mission #1; Get a Chimchar Egg and hatch it.
Completed: Found it!
+Quote Post

Suschan
post May 10 2009, 04:05 AM
Post #38

DUDE! Did you just say Viewtiful?~
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 690

CLAM SPAH'S

QUOTE(HaganeGir @ May 10 2009, 05:04 AM) *

Actualy the factor of not recognising is normal...Ash isn't looking for Team Rocket so why should he care for things lurking around, this might be a Anime directing saying that "you should look around".
I've walked pass celebrities for who knows how many times and I didn't care, but it is really easy to say when you stare at a screen of a tv.

And the factor that Ash isn't the perfect trainer. But remember, Ash has his own goals and style. Factor take part is that he lives in a different world, where pokemon aren't just pixels on a gameconsole screen...they are similar to pets, and I bet if the Anime was horribly realistic keeping pokemon would cost, seeing as pokemon need to feed.

And in Brocks battle in season one...he was...umm like a beginner? (poor excuse I know but seriosly) I beated Brock in the game with my starter!! (Actualy when I was younger and didn't understand the game (red/blue) fully, I beated the whole game with a Blastoise with only catching the pokemon needed for HM's!!!)

Maybe he undestands the Pokemon in his own way, I mean he released butterfree because it wanted to be with a mate, Haunter stayed with the gym leader, Charizard is Ash's but likes to stay with the others of his kind.
Pidgeot wanted to protect the forest. I mean Jessy and James released their Weezing and Arbok for what? Because they wanted to protect the little Ekans and Coffings around the forest.
Another learning thing here for kids learning to "let go" of things

The factor of Ash losing and he gets back up is learning of the "never give up" and that he wins by a miracle that isn't even possible is like saying "Anything is possible if you try".
A friend of mine has an unbeatible due of Plusle and Minus, so everything if you put your effort into it might work.

Ash isn't working on a game setup, the battles aren't like a choosing of from a set of moves. The pokemon can dodge, jump, duck, growl, freaking flick sand for no points! Meaning pikachu's thunderbolt can go on as long as the pokemon has the strenght for it and not in a number based system.

So is Ash a horrible trainer, in the game he would suck. But in the world he lives in, he is pretty good!

(And now I'll wait when I get millions of flames that I will get for even saying ANYTHING, oh and pardon my typos)

This post has been edited by Suschan: May 10 2009, 04:06 AM

--------------------

~Click em' I'll click you back!
I update my signature frequently

Currently Breeding: Nothing at the moment

My Dragon Cave Scroll is always welcome to visitors
Character quiz results (click to show)
+Quote Post

Auragirl
post May 10 2009, 04:23 AM
Post #39

Insane Asylum Patiant
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 025

Soulsilver dream team

I don't think Ash has what it takes to be a pokemon master. He has no logic when it comes to battling. Aim for the horn for the fail, and what the **** was with that whole "use thunder as armor" thing?! He talks about how you should respect pokemon, then dumps the poor things in Oaks lab. And how does he keep falling for team rocket's duisguises? Plus after so many Sagas, i'm plain sick of him.

--------------------
~Reality is always better in our imagination~

FanClubs and Claims! (click to show)
Quiz results (click to show)
Banners i did on photobucket! (click to show)

+Quote Post

Azurill
post May 10 2009, 04:45 AM
Post #40

Pokemon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 661

Active Party

Ash is truly the worst trainer to ever arrive in this world.
He does not know anything about type disadvantages. ANYTHING.
Proof? In the first season, he battles his Pikachu against Brock's Onix, the Sandshrew boy's Sandshrew, Blaine's Rhydon and a Marowak right before the Pokemon league. More surprisingly, he actually won.

Also, he keeps releasing his pokemon just because someone asked (Primeape) or because he is stupid enough to think that it will do good for others.

Other than that, he orders his pokemon to do things which even the most open minded people will deem to be impossible. Like in the Hoenn season's 7th gym battle, he orders his Pikachu to form a "electricity shield" around itself and Swellow. What is more, Swellow did not faint after that.

Lastly, he keeps his best pokemon like Charizard, Kingler and Tauros elsewhere, and keeps totally the stupid and horrible and useless pokemon : Torkoal and Pikachu in his party. Really, what IQ does that kid have? (should be less than -10000)
EDIT: By useless, I don't mean that Pikachu is bad at battles. Torkoal is a different story .

In other words, he deserves to have his pokedex smashed into pieces, and all his pokemon should be liberated from his totally stupid and agonising control.

This post has been edited by Celadon: May 10 2009, 09:04 AM
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:16 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.