Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
47 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Same-sex marriage, o noes t3h gaiz
LittleShadowPoke...
post Aug 3 2008, 12:49 AM
Post #61

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2 490

Sweet Team

I remember that quote, Raven! I was thinking of it too, and my parents are like that. They absolutely hate each other and have trapped each other in the marriage. It's ridiculous.

Besides, here's a funner view on pro-gay: Straight is boring. People have been doing that since Adam and Eve, literally. tongue.gif

--------------------
Me (click to show)

PANE (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Aug 9 2008, 05:48 AM
Post #62

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

I'm totally pro gay marrige.
I'm a homosexual myself, and it gets me mad that some people think of this as a brain defect.

I know, that's just their opinion, but I'm still gonna gat mad, sorry ^_^.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Serenity Painted...
post Aug 11 2008, 02:21 PM
Post #63

None So Vileplume
Group Icon

Member No.: 316

Active Squad

QUOTE(Shoutai)
okay... if gay people want to get married... go right ahead... as long as its not with me...

I personally think that its....(gets flame shield ready) wrong...
Its against the course of nature, I think...
Man+man=no babies(NATURALLY)
woman+woman=no babies(NATURALLY)
Man+Woman=Babies(NATURALLY)

thats all I have to say or else Ill be hanged... =x
So, if you don't have kids, you're not normal? Is that really the message you want to be sending? Who are you to say what is and isn't normal?

hmm...
look... I have homosexual friends...
and people can be if they want... People have the liberty of doing whatever they want...
What I mean is, I have my opinion on this... and my friends know what my opinion is...

ANd Life is not unnatural... we go through a natural course of life, being it:

Born
Live
Procreate
Die

thats pretty much it cutting all the details... thats pretty natural to me, no?

and dun worry about being rude, I was expecting this since the begining... =D
Right, all human beings have to follow the same cycle, and if they don't, they're weird. That's some logic right there.

It is NOT the same as man and woman... if it were the same, would we even be discussing this here on this thread?
dont think so...
People are opinionated, and things are controversial, even if they really shouldn't be. We're discussing this because it's a hot topic issue, that doesn't mean homosexuals and heterosexuals aren't complete equals.

If it were the same, would it have the discrimination it has(not that I support it)?
There's a lot of racism and prejudice against the black community, does that mean blacks and whites are not equals?

hmm... how are two men going to have babies?
adopting? thats not reproducing... thats just having some1 else's kid... =x
How are two women going to reproduce? adopting is also the option...

now, the fact that gay people(homosexuals is a big word to write) dont feel attracted to the oposite sex, kinda makes it hard to have SECKS to reproduce dontcha think? dumblook.gif
Excuse me if I can't take a guy that spells 'sex' as 'secks' seriously.

Unless you're a crazy evangelist who heeds by everything the Bible says, you shouldn't have a problem accepting this. It's basically the same as a man and a woman getting married.

I'm part of the Gay-Straight Alliance at my school. People make a lot of cracks about it. It's not cool, or acceptable. People may not change, but you and your opinions can.

QFT.

QUOTE(Blax @ May 2 2008, 05:03 PM) *
My best friends mom had two kids, then became a lesbian. So that's established that that can definitely happen, and does.

I believe Wymsy already addressed this: she's probably bisexual. That, or she's always been a homosexual in denial, just living the expected life of a heterosexual woman for whatever reason. You can't really prove the statement anyway, so I really have no reason to believe you.

QUOTE(RedGardevoir @ Jul 25 2008, 01:16 PM) *
hmmm gay asian that would be wierd but they all are kinda perverted anyways

Fucking racist.

QUOTE(Fallen Archangel @ Aug 1 2008, 05:33 PM) *
Homosexuality is not a choice, nor is it a disorder. It's actually psychological.

There, happy?

QUOTE(LittleShadowPokemon)
^ You said it all. Why can't things like that be simple? There's research proving that point. Also, I'm not very religious, so I think all the flaming the gays for religious reasons is just plain stupid. <-- Opinion. A lot of my family members are gay/lesbian but they're still awesome, and a lot nicer than most are to me. Plus, when I see two boys actually love each other, it's beautiful. There needs to be more love in the world, not hate. That's something, isn't it?

Quoted For Great Truth.

QUOTE(Camerin @ Aug 2 2008, 05:48 PM) *
To me its wierd and wrong, If you love the same sex
DON'T call it Marraige

It's not weird, it's just people being who they are. It's people that think like you that keep society from advancing further.

This post has been edited by SlipKnoT: Aug 11 2008, 02:24 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Hisashi Shoutai
post Aug 12 2008, 10:15 AM
Post #64

Old and Retired Bug Gym Leader!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 000

Old Bug gym

QUOTE(SlipKnoT @ Aug 11 2008, 02:21 PM) *
QUOTE(Shoutai)
okay... if gay people want to get married... go right ahead... as long as its not with me...

I personally think that its....(gets flame shield ready) wrong...
Its against the course of nature, I think...
Man+man=no babies(NATURALLY)
woman+woman=no babies(NATURALLY)
Man+Woman=Babies(NATURALLY)

thats all I have to say or else Ill be hanged... =x
So, if you don't have kids, you're not normal? Is that really the message you want to be sending? Who are you to say what is and isn't normal?

hmm...
look... I have homosexual friends...
and people can be if they want... People have the liberty of doing whatever they want...
What I mean is, I have my opinion on this... and my friends know what my opinion is...

ANd Life is not unnatural... we go through a natural course of life, being it:

Born
Live
Procreate
Die

thats pretty much it cutting all the details... thats pretty natural to me, no?

and dun worry about being rude, I was expecting this since the begining... =D
Right, all human beings have to follow the same cycle, and if they don't, they're weird. That's some logic right there.

It is NOT the same as man and woman... if it were the same, would we even be discussing this here on this thread?
dont think so...
People are opinionated, and things are controversial, even if they really shouldn't be. We're discussing this because it's a hot topic issue, that doesn't mean homosexuals and heterosexuals aren't complete equals.

If it were the same, would it have the discrimination it has(not that I support it)?
There's a lot of racism and prejudice against the black community, does that mean blacks and whites are not equals?

hmm... how are two men going to have babies?
adopting? thats not reproducing... thats just having some1 else's kid... =x
How are two women going to reproduce? adopting is also the option...

now, the fact that gay people(homosexuals is a big word to write) dont feel attracted to the oposite sex, kinda makes it hard to have SECKS to reproduce dontcha think? dumblook.gif
Excuse me if I can't take a guy that spells 'sex' as 'secks' seriously.

wow wow wow... a litlte bit more then expected...
Lets go..:

1 - i did not say that if u dont have babies ure not normal.. I was just showing something really simple... can a man and a man have sex and a baby be born?
2 - sure, not everyone goes through that cycle... and they are not weird for that... but stop and think about it... u were born, u grew, someday you will have children, then ull die... its simple as that...
Gay people cant have children naturally, wich in my Opinion isnt natural. And I say that in a religious matter...
3 - are you saying heterosexuals and homosexuals are equal... i can partially agree... we are all still human beings... but some thing, are not equals... read my other post about the protein deficiency and ullknow what im talking about...
4 - dont even try to compare straight vs gays with white vs black man... thats just wrong! black people can still be gay... so can white people... i dont even wanna get into this subject here so not to get off-topic...
5 - I dont need a gramma techer dude... I spelled secks earlier for the simple purpose of making this thread a little lighter... this were getting tense... and still are... but if u really are so offended by the way I spell things, 7H47'5 JU57 700 |34D!!1!1!!!11oneoneoneeleven!!!

--------------------
[align=center]Current Quest: Waiting...
[/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center][/align][spoiler=My Gym badges] [/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post Aug 13 2008, 05:20 PM
Post #65

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

QUOTE(Shoutai @ Aug 12 2008, 08:15 AM) *
5 - I dont need a gramma techer dude... I spelled secks earlier for the simple purpose of making this thread a little lighter... this were getting tense... and still are... but if u really are so offended by the way I spell things, 7H47'5 JU57 700 |34D!!1!1!!!11oneoneoneeleven!!!

Your arguments and just everything you post in general look better because you bothered to use proper grammar. Some people have a hard time reading mangled up English. You don't have to use proper grammar, but using proper grammar will make you look more professional and orderly and less like some random 9 year old.

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
+Quote Post

Hisashi Shoutai
post Aug 13 2008, 11:36 PM
Post #66

Old and Retired Bug Gym Leader!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 000

Old Bug gym

QUOTE(Wymsy @ Aug 13 2008, 05:20 PM) *
QUOTE(Shoutai @ Aug 12 2008, 08:15 AM) *

Your arguments and just everything you post in general look better because you bothered to use proper grammar. Some people have a hard time reading mangled up English. You don't have to use proper grammar, but using proper grammar will make you look more professional and orderly and less like some random 9 year old.

I understand you perfectly... But people don't bother to think that not everyone in this forum is american...
Im Brazilian, and I haven't practiced my "proper" English in a while...
as I have gotten many complaints about the way a write(pinch.gif) I'll try to start writing properly...
thanks for the heads-up wymz... and sorry for the off-topic post. ^^''

--------------------
[align=center]Current Quest: Waiting...
[/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center][/align][spoiler=My Gym badges] [/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Damian
post Aug 14 2008, 12:02 AM
Post #67

Damian
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1 259

Active Squad

ok i didnt bother reading anyone else's cuz a lot of them were.....im sorry but ignorant
if gays wanna marry go for it!
seriously! making people scared for being gay is wrong!!! that should be considered a sin
my best friend tried goin to church and praying an all that ......but she didnt stop being attracted to girls
its not a psychological,emotional, or whatever else you cooked up problem
its a gift!!! did u ever stop and think...."mayb they see the world a different way?
in my opinion if gays were to run the world......I BET THERE WOULD BE WORLD PEACE!
gay peace but peace
they wouldnt want stright people to stop having fun an live
an we shouldnt niether cuz when it comes down to it....
who the hell cares? theyre not stopping you from being a pain in the ass
in fact ....some of them like it laughing.gif
+Quote Post

berettapunk
post Aug 14 2008, 12:25 AM
Post #68

"thats right, big sit!"
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 564

some of my favorites

i believe in god. im more of an agnostic/christian/celt. im a straight male.

i am against any marriage. gay or straight. mostly because marriage in modern days is no longer a private affair between 2 people. but instead now the government has their nose in every inch of it. marriage itself is a church issue. im fine if a church okays gay marriage. thats the churches decision. not mine. not the governments. to be honost i think that anyone that wants the government to ban gay marriage or legalize it are asking for trouble. because allowing the government to set any rules on marriage is just opening the door for the government to decide who gets married to who. i have many gay friends. i have dated and been with several of my lesbian friends. i dont care if it is a choice or not. i have no right to tell them how to live. that is their own decision. i have many friends who are gay and go to church regularly. in my honost opinion if people stop focusing on their differences and being so flagerent about it(im not just talking about gays, i also mean the people who flaunt how straight they are or how christian they are or whatever) then people would get along better. what everyone forgets is we are all human beings. nothing more, nothing less. we are all animals in the sense we bleed, we hunger, we thirst, we crave to mate, we wish to find love. i dont see the point in fighting with people because we have a different belief.

let me make this crystal clear! i am not on either side of the argument. i believe the government wants us to fight over this. that way they can gain more control over our lives. there is no point in bickering like children about this. i have met bigots on both sides of the argument. no one is perfect. all im saying is we need to get over it and stop acting like one side of the fight is better than the other because it is not. christians of all people should know better because it says in their bible they should love everyone regardless. both sides should lead by example and stop this bs fighting. there has been blood needlessly spilled over this. all it comes down to is one side fearing the other really. fear is a product of ignorance. ignorance can be fixed if you are willing to learn.

im against any government sanctioned marriages. i believe its a church issue only and the government has no right banning or condoning straight or gay marriages.

--------------------
ALL HAIL WYMSY!

ign:Terry, fc: 0731-5976-5898 ralts.gif kirlia.gif gardevoir.gif gallade.gif :boota:

Valentines day is supposed to be about love.

No, that thing you do when you're by yourself does not count as love.

Stop it.
+Quote Post

Jeffrey
post Aug 16 2008, 09:04 AM
Post #69

Mr. Zero
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 642

Active Squad

I was about to state my opinion on the topic, but then I realized that gays marrying one another doesn't leave the slightest bit of an impression upon my life. For some people, marriage is happiness. Either that, or they simply wish to be on equal grounds with straight couples. Honestly, I don't care about the reasoning - if something doesn't affect my life personally, I can't bring myself to form a bias for one opinion over another.

Let them eat (wedding) cake. It doesn't hurt any of us, and makes some people alot happier. What's wrong with happiness? It's not as if it's degrading the "sacred" institution of marriage, or anything. I'm pretty sure that marriage has devolved into a mere social obligation and, honestly, sort of a joke since the advent of the Elvis drive-thru chapels, and such. Straight people get married all the time and divoce months later - anything that was once sacred in marriage is now simply laughable and somewhat pathetic. The degradation of marriage owes more to the straight population than the gay one.

--------------------
I claim Garchomp, FYI.

"I don't need to battle you.
I've already won in ways you could never comprehend."

+Quote Post

Carmani
post Oct 2 2008, 09:26 PM
Post #70

The GTS+PL Electric Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 947

Active Squad

Dude, my oppinion is simple:

If the guys or the girls wants to marriage each other what's the matter??

I'll not sleep in the same bad as they will so i have nothing to do with that rsrsrs.

Let the people be happy and became the power and the happiness of the universe. They can join in a harmony that many couples does not have nowadays..

Romantic isnt it?? hu hu..
+Quote Post

ToxicInfection
post Feb 20 2009, 02:18 PM
Post #71

This is my beautiful disease, my only desire...
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 082

In Your Dreams

I believe that they should be able to get married because everyone has the right to marry the person they love, no matter if they are the same sex or not. Seriously, them getting married is not hurting anyone or anything so why not? And to say that it's wrong because this so-called GOD says so is quite ridiculous. Not everyone believes in "god" and therefore they should not have to suffer because of people having their noses stuck up some religion's butt

that's my opinion....

--------------------
ೋღ†ღೋ
ě'ɱ ʄαℓℓěиɠ ʄαʂт αиɗ ʄυятнєя αωαƴ
ɓυт ěи тнє єиɗ ěт ɱєαиs иσтнěиɠ
тнěʂ ěʂ ɱy ɓєαυтěfυℓ ɗěʂєαʂє
ɱƴ σиℓƴ ɗєʂěяє

ೋღ†ღೋ
+Quote Post

Typhlosion
post Feb 22 2009, 08:18 AM
Post #72

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 012

Active Squad

I believe that all humans are equal, regardless of age, gender, skin color or sexual preference. If you wish to get married to another of the same gender, go for it. You have every right to marry some one of the same gender as a straight couple has to get married.

Gay people are human too. Never forget that.
They are equal to you as you are to them or, any one else.
+Quote Post

Blemmigan
post Feb 22 2009, 08:52 AM
Post #73

Forum Idiot
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 904

aww yee

Whoever wants to get married, get married.
I'm not one of them-- divorce is too expensive. I'm such a pessimist 8D
though more and more het couples are having something like civil partnership ceremonies, if my memory hasn't failed me, because the divorce is so much more simple.

Admittedly I'm confused about the "no children" thing.. the planet's overpopulated anyway q:
Probably just as well that I am personally for adoption- giving an "unwanted" child a family and a home instead of working to make a new one just so that strangers can say "he's got your eyes."
But of course I understand why people would want children of their own xD' that's just how I feel about it.

QUOTE(Damian @ Aug 14 2008, 05:02 AM) *
in my opinion if gays were to run the world......I BET THERE WOULD BE WORLD PEACE!
gay peace but peace

not necessarily- gay people are human, not magical q:

--------------------

put a peephole in my brain
two new pence to have a go
like to be a gallery
put you all inside my show
+Quote Post

Calvin
post Feb 22 2009, 09:54 AM
Post #74

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 697

Active Squad

Well, my take on this is that homosexuals can be allowed to marry, just not under God. Homosexuality, as previously mentioned, is against Christianity, and marriage (I believe) was invented by the Catholic church as a symbol of bondage between two of God's people. Frankly, I believe even atheistic marriage is hypocrisy. So if you want to get married, don't do it in a church with the minister talking about bondage for eternity. Anyway, that's my belief. If you don't think so, all the best to you.

--------------------
Touch these?
+Quote Post

Twilight Spectru...
post Feb 22 2009, 04:16 PM
Post #75

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 033

Active Squad

I somewhat agree with Calvin. Marriage is not solely a religious union, it's controlled by the government. Churches should not be forced to give their blessings to homosexual couples. Some people actually get married "under god", but not officially under the government. So there are two very separate versions of marriage, and as much as I wish gays could have both, few churches will side with them. So let them marry under the government, but leave under god a choice of the churches.

And I don't think any atheist couple in their right minds would get married in a church. :P
+Quote Post

Stealth Rock
post Feb 22 2009, 08:05 PM
Post #76

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 546

Old Gen 4 Team

o.0

I can personally identify with Shoutai's opinion...
And I'm a lesbian. dumblook.gif

Most of his posts seem true to me.
I don't care if I disagree, I still think his opinions do apply in certain situations.

So go ahead, kill me.
+Quote Post

Lestat
post Apr 9 2009, 08:58 PM
Post #77

I'm going to give you the choice I never had.
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 994

I want these

well After reading what the 5 poster on page 1 had said i don't see much point in putting my two cents worth in but I'm going to anyways

I'm for gay marriage and I agree with much of what said fifth poster had said. There is nothing wrong with being gay or bi people don't like it because its not normal. Well hack most stuff now a days is just a matter of opinion but because people are so anal about things they've convinced themselves that what they think is right therefore pass they're opinions on they're kids on they're friends and so on.

Its funny but I heard a saying and find it to be pretty true. I'm going sane in a crazy world.

--------------------

Clicking my eggs and pokemon will earn you clicks back

PETS (click to show)

Quizzes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Cooltrainer Benj...
post Apr 10 2009, 06:30 PM
Post #78

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 103

The Woof Woof Team

Honestly, I don't get the big deal.

Who cares if "God" says it's wrong? Christains forget one VERY important thing: God did NOT write the bible. Man did. Of course man is gonna say homosexuality is wrong. We've probably had homophobia since the beginning of time. I honestly think we need to get out of this "stone age" way of thinking. Because, it doesn't make sense to me how we claim to have come a far way; yet, things like this can bring us right back to square one. Seriously, if gays want to be miserable like the rest of you, let them. It's their life they're ruining. Not yours.

As for which parent you're raised around affecting your sexuality, that's BS. I'm a F2M transgender. Meaning, I was born a female but think like a male. I also LOVE girls (though, I've dated a guy a time or two) Get this: My dad was NEVER around. I was raised by my mom. Hmmm.... seems I should be dressed in frilly clothes and dating boys? I'm not. Also, sex has nothing to do with it. That's just silly. Personally, I hate sex. Either way. Yet, I still date girls. Gays aren't gay for sex. Again, that's silly. That's like saying straight people are straight for sex. They're not. They're born that way.

If gays were gay for sex, I wouldn't of known I was different when I was in THIRD grade. I don't think a third grader stares at a girl in her row and thinks "Oh, what I would give to bang her."

I didn't read this entire thread, FYI. So, if I repeated things, my apologies.

EDITED TO ADD: Also, gay people have been around for AGES. They just weren't as open about it back then. So, I highly doubt the fact that sex is so "cool" these days has ANYTHING to do with it. facepalm.gif

EDITED AGAIN TO ADD: I also just read Jeffery's post (sorry if I misspelled it) I pretty much agree with him. Marriage isn't sacred anymore as it is. Look at Britteny Spair's (sp? I don't listen to her pfft) five minute wedding. And the divorce statistics lately. Heck, these days, parents are letting their IMMATURE sixteen year olds do it. If marriage was EVER sacred, it isn't anymore.

This post has been edited by Cooltrainer Benji: Apr 10 2009, 06:36 PM

--------------------

^ I will click back if I'm avaliable. :]

We can make it to the fence in 1.8 seconds... Can you?

~Benji's Woof Woof Team; the elite team of canines; roughly based off his own, real life team of canines~

--(from left to right) Cinnamon, Sandy, Lilo, Precious, Sakura, Chance, Meepster--
+Quote Post

Kaname Madoka
post Apr 11 2009, 09:31 PM
Post #79

housewife extraordinaire!
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 542

Team HG

Cooltrainer Benji said it way better than I could have. -High fives Benji.-
+Quote Post

Kai Reddtail
post Apr 12 2009, 02:39 PM
Post #80

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 999

My Top Six

I am for gay marriage.

Don't give me the religion stuff. I'm an atheist and I can still marry. Although I totally respect religion, where I live there is freedom of religion, which means your religion can't make the rules about marriage.

Also, the children arguement is invalid as well. I plan to marry my significant other, and I am childfree. Which means no children, ever. And my marriage will still be legal and valid.

There is simply no good reason not to allow gay marriage. It's about love between two people.
My general philosophy for life is: if it;s not hurting anyone, go ahead. Gay marriage is not hurting anyone.

Usually my agruements are a little more expansive, but it looks like this has been well debated. If anybody wants to agure a point or have me explain, I will. I just thought short and to the point would be better

--------------------
Click! (click to show)
W00t! (click to show)

Please help Zoe reach level 100. She was named in memory of my wonderful canine family member that passed away on September 26th.

+Quote Post

47 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:14 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.