Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

Closed TopicStart new topic
How do you be a good lab lurker?, I'm a good shelter stalker and terribe lab lruker, Help.
Fiorre
post Jul 20 2010, 03:16 PM
Post #1

Aka Fiorre
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 47 550

My SS team

Well, I personally through experience know how to shelter stalk pretty well, but when it comes to lab lurking, I'm pretty bad at it.

I was wondering about some simple things, and a pretty explained answer like: To be a good lab lurker you should check the lab about _______ times in an hour and refresh the page/look around for about _____ minutes and check the lab about _____ now and then.... and so on. I really want to be a good lab lurker, though I noticed I'm terrible at it.

Thanks in advance!

--------------------
If you dare mess with Nimmie( Yesh, I'm talking about about Nimmie, Nimzie, Nim, Nimscicle, Nympha, Nymphadora, Nimz ,Nymmii and whatever nickie she has as well~)You're gonna be one of the few to ever see my dark side and not live to tell about it >:D

I claim all shiny and non-shiny:Arcyena(Blackfire), glaceon.gif eevee.gif [insert the rest of eeveelutions here] luxray.gif staraptor.gif ninetales.gif vulpix.gif arcanine.gif growlithe.gif mightyena.gif poochyena.gif zapdos.gif

I am happy for meeting all the people I know here on GTS happy.gif There are a few special people that I love with all my heart on here! And you guys know who you are wink.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Retrospect
post Jul 20 2010, 04:04 PM
Post #2

Back from the dead... sort of.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 35 279

Active Squad

http://gpxplus.net/help#times

But other than time, it really just comes down to luck. Fill up your egg dex as much as possible, invest in lots of repels and cross your fingers.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tazii
post Jul 21 2010, 02:35 AM
Post #3

Tikk Tokk
Group Icon

Member No.: 39 543

A Taste of The Fury

First you should learn the descriptions of eggs you want, especially the last few words. Look for something at the end of the description that will stick out for you while you keep refreshing.

If you're looking for a non summonible rare egg (such as Ditto or Unown) then it's best to lurk when there are less people on. Less people to beat to the good stuff. Also check how many people are stalking the lab at the time.

If you're looking to nab someone's missed summon then it's better to lurk when there are more people on. You have more of a chance that someone is summoning while you're stalking and you could always get lucky then. Of course that also means there are more people stalking too.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tatzelwyrm
post Jul 21 2010, 11:34 AM
Post #4

Why do we always fight for the right of way, right away?
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 853

Active Squad

Lots of patience. If you're just starting out as a lab lurker, I suggest you take a few hours or days (Not all at once, mind you) to just stalk the lab and brush up on descriptions. Maybe ten minutes here, another six minutes later on, etc, however long you need until you feel comfortable identifying eggs. If you learn to identify certain keywords in descriptions, it becomes a lot easier to narrow down the possibilities at just a glance. Some eggs tend to fool people into thinking they're something they're not, because they'll see a certain word, click the egg, then realize that it's something else. So, once you can narrow down keywords into groups, move on to singling out things such as color or marks on the egg.

Like.. if I'm looking for a Skitty, it has a very similar description to Snubbull. First I would identify "oddly cute," and then see either "blue stripe" or "tan blotch," depending on which I'm looking at. (I hope this doesn't count as telling egg descriptions, I don't know how else to make an example OTL)

IMO, if you're dedicated to it, it really doesn't take that long to learn to spot eggs at a glance. I make is sound sort of long and complicated, but it's not ._.;

--------------------

The suppression of uncomfortable ideas
may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge;
it has no place in the endeavor of science.

- Carl Sagan
+Quote Post

unexistence
post Jul 21 2010, 11:40 AM
Post #5

Fan of Smash Bros, Pokémon, A:TLA, A:LOK, Zelda, things
Group Icon

Member No.: 31 681

Favorites ♥

If you're searching for Ditto, then here's a tip:
Look for "soft" and you'll be good ;p

--------------------

GPXing sporadically.

+Quote Post

Daimean
post Jul 21 2010, 12:12 PM
Post #6

Anyone want to race me?
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 376

Favorites

It also helps if you know the descriptions for most of the pokemon so you can tell which are rare at a glance...

--------------------

Oh and my awards so far.... (click to show)
+Quote Post

Tatzelwyrm
post Jul 21 2010, 12:16 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Active Squad

Well, if you stalk enough, even if you don't remember rare descriptions, you'll (Hopefully) be able to identify what you commonly see in the lab, and what you don't.

--------------------

- Carl Sagan
+Quote Post

Spades Slick
post Jul 21 2010, 01:15 PM
Post #8

I think you underestimate the depth of my pettiness
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 762

bluh bluh huge bitch

Remember also that "personal" egg guides are OK; as you fill up your Pokedex, feel free to make a small chart of rare eggs and their descriptions so you can study them and easily identify them.

if you want to make your life a bit simpler, you can make an Excel chart with the descriptions you want to pick out and resize the columns so that the text arrangement matches what you see on the site. Then, when you start your lab hunts, you can quickly target those eggs with the right amount of lines of text, and quickly scan them for the keywords of interest to see if they're the eggs you want. It might seem like overkill, but when you're fighting Lab Rare hunters or people trying to complete the Ditto Dex, it becomes pretty vital.

--------------------
[align=center]add me for daily clicks [735/1000]

~:* I love my wife Jen *:~
|

READ THE HELP PAGE OR I WILL STAB YOU

WiiU: drgdgrana (Sm4sh) | 3DS: 1204-0469-8787 | PSN: ghostscreamer[/align]
+Quote Post

Fiorre
post Jul 21 2010, 01:51 PM
Post #9

Aka Fiorre
Group Icon

My SS team

Wow. Thanks for all the information guys ^^ It all helped and I think by putting everything into practice, I will become a better lab lurker.

Once again, thanks guys!

--------------------
If you dare mess with Nimmie( Yesh, I'm talking about about Nimmie, Nimzie, Nim, Nimscicle, Nympha, Nymphadora, Nimz ,Nymmii and whatever nickie she has as well~)You're gonna be one of the few to ever see my dark side and not live to tell about it >:D

I claim all shiny and non-shiny:Arcyena(Blackfire), glaceon.gif eevee.gif [insert the rest of eeveelutions here] luxray.gif staraptor.gif ninetales.gif vulpix.gif arcanine.gif growlithe.gif mightyena.gif poochyena.gif zapdos.gif

I am happy for meeting all the people I know here on GTS happy.gif There are a few special people that I love with all my heart on here! And you guys know who you are wink.gif
+Quote Post

Mad as a Hatter
post Jul 21 2010, 01:59 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 62 297

Active Squad

There are some certain words that only appear in legendary egg descriptions, whenever I see an egg with an odd ending I quickly skim the description for those words.
And remember, it's all up to how patient you are. If you are willing to spend several hours a day, you might get multiple legendaries.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ice Charizard
post Jul 21 2010, 07:46 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 55 430

Don't argue with me.

You'll also find that Legends tend to have a longer description. Also, "bizarre" and "radiates a mysterious power" seem to fit most legendaries. Of course, Baltoy and Natu have "radiates a mysterious power" in their description, so be careful.

--------------------
My Party-

Some people are like a slinky.
They really serve no purpose in life,
but they're fun to push down the stairs.

Awards (click to show)

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a word and not just a blob of text.
+Quote Post

Tatzelwyrm
post Jul 22 2010, 01:23 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Active Squad

Ngh, don't rely on longer descriptions. Whismur and Dunsparce, both commonly around any time I look, have long descriptions. And while legend descriptions tend to be wordy, most eggs have what I consider medium sized description lengths, so they're actually fairly close.

And really, for legend hunting, "bizarre" is all you need. Identifying the keyword is more reliable than comparing description lengths.

I don't know how much I can say before it is considered too much orz

--------------------

- Carl Sagan
+Quote Post

Patchouli
post Jul 22 2010, 08:10 PM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 355

Bark bark

Like most people are saying, I rely on keywords in descriptions. Most pokemon I look for, shiny hunts, or otherwise probably have one word that stands out. I also follow description patterns, as in because the text is centered I know how the sentences are formatted. That will probably come to you after you're more familiar with descriptions with eggs but imo it's the easiest way to determine a legendary or unown right on the spot.

Try to focus on the general area of the lab too, dont just look at one spot and then work your way down the eggs. This is kind of another "remember sentence structure and pattern" thing, because you'll get a general glance at every egg and know which ones to read quickly based on how long the description is.

After awhile you'll also realize what shared keywords associate with what pokemon types so it's easier to focus on 1 or 2 eggs at a time. Words like "shakes" or "shocks" etc.

--------------------

Hurr.
+Quote Post

Fiorre
post Jul 24 2010, 02:16 PM
Post #14

Aka Fiorre
Group Icon

My SS team

Wow.. that's a lot of good tips there guys.. Thanks again wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:52 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.