Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Ever regret doing something in a game?, Chose the wrong move? Used the wrong character? Disccus here
Applenose
post Jun 10 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #1

meat popsicle
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 21 986

Currently Training

(Well I haven't seen any topic like this, so sorry if there's already one. But I've been looking and found none) ^^;

Anyways have you ever done something so stupid you just wish you hadn't done a second too late or anything like that?

Haha in Persona 3, I regret using one of the characters and making him super strong. Didn't know he was going to...leave. =(
And in .hack//g.u vol. 3 (I think) there was this fight against Azure Kite. Instead of focusing on defeating him, I just wanted him to keep on using this one cool attack. I wasted one whole hour doing that. It felt like 10 minutes o_o
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

PsychicNate
post Jun 10 2009, 11:58 AM
Post #2

NiGHTS
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 598

Active Squad

A dumb thing I did was in Ghost Master I accidently got Stormtalon killed in What Lies over The Cukoo's Nest?

--------------------
"Don't listen to that old bird" NiGHTS
(click to show)

+Quote Post

Applenose
post Jun 10 2009, 12:18 PM
Post #3

meat popsicle
Group Icon

Currently Training

QUOTE(PsychicTypeFanatic @ Jun 10 2009, 08:58 AM) *
A dumb thing I did was in Ghost Master I accidently got Stormtalon killed in What Lies over The Cukoo's Nest?

xD one of my friends did the same thing.
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Jun 10 2009, 12:21 PM
Post #4

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

In Pokemon, I sometimes regret my party lineup for the Battle Frontier. I've noticed that the types of trainers I face build their teams based on the order of my teammates. I've learned to put my strongest last, my fastest second, and my toughest first. then, there are the billions of times I regret not using Recover or Roost.

In Jak X and Burnout 3/Revenge, I've regretted using the lighter, faster cars to compete in long tracks. I get shot off/knocked off the track so many times that it puts me way behind everyone else. If I had used a truck with thick armor/heavier car, I would have survived long enough to at least make a place in the challenge, let alone win the race.

In Ratchet games, I sometimes regret using a certain gun or not jumping at the last second during a platforming section of the game, but dying never really bothered me in that series, anyway. You don't lose anything when you die, and there are tons of continue points. As a matter of fact, your weapons level up faster if you struggle at certain points. The game teaches you to never give up. At the most, dying is an inconvenience.

In Sly Cooper, I always want to hit myself if I get impatient. Trying to make extra long jumps, attempting to sneak past a guard just enough to stay off of the edge of his flashlight's beam, or any other form of huffy shortcut. I always end up swamped with guards in the end.

In Thrillville: Off The Rails, I remember regretting building a really long, super fast roller coaster as soon as I unlocked one of the parks. I ran out of power and money to do anything else, and the ride was so popular among the guests that the line went all the way out to the entrance of the park. Every time a person got off the ride, a new group of about 5 more people would get in line. I had no choice but to delete it, but I didn't want to because it was so popular. I eventually got rid of it, but I hated to see it go, haha.

--------------------
+Quote Post

TTD
post Jun 10 2009, 12:31 PM
Post #5

In reverence, she shall speak my name.
Group Icon

From: Relegated to the obsidian of freezing celestial bodies.
Member No.: 2 480

Sorrowful Frost

In pokemon I regret training pokemon I don't like. In Jurassic Park: park builder, I regret letting the dinosaurs escape and killing my customers. In FFIV, I regretted training Kain a lot because I thought he was going to stay. In Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, I regretted using the right key at the wrong time and I got stuck, thus having to start the game over.

--------------------
Credits! (click to show)
Gym Badges and Frontier Symbols! (click to show)
If you like metal... (click to show)
+Quote Post

Water Blade
post Jun 10 2009, 12:39 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 249

Twin Pokemon

on pokemon dimond i killed 5 of the 9 rare pokemon crazy.gif

--------------------
test results (click to show)
my cards (click to show)
+Quote Post

Applenose
post Jun 10 2009, 12:56 PM
Post #7

meat popsicle
Group Icon

Currently Training

Ooh I hate killing rare pokemon. ><
Happens a lot to me.
+Quote Post

Usagi Zakura
post Jun 10 2009, 02:04 PM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 763

Team Awesome

In Pokčmon Platinum I regret not training up a grass type.
I also regret not saving before getting Eevee so I could restart it every time till I got a female...now I managed to make up for that by getting a female through trade.

In Soul Nomad I regret starting the demon path after playing through the game once and relying too much on the story-mode characters which I then lost... And then I regret accidentally erasing my game file shakefist.gif

I still remember in my first playthrough of Pokčmon red, I regretted using the master ball on Zapdos... and then I met Mewtwo blargagh.gif Since then I've always used the master ball on Mewtwo, and just caught the legendary bird with regular ultra balls.

--------------------

Uxie uxie.gif Anitarig giratina.gif Daisuke infernape.gif Weasley floatzel.gif Sceptile sceptile.gif Rika raichu.gif

+Quote Post

Undecided
post Jun 10 2009, 05:41 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 32 140

Favorite Pokemon Team

On ym Sapphire, I got the Eon ticket. I went to go get latios AND FORGOT TO SAVE.

Rather than restart what I had done, which easily could've been repeated, I let it go.

THEN MY BROTHER KILLED HIS LATIAS.

dumblook.gif

--------------------

Egg Advertisements (click to show)

Test Results (click to show)

I claim Honchkrow and Cradily

http://www.vgcats.com/super/?strip_id=0

^There are about 20 of them, they're incredibly funny^
+Quote Post

Tom29193
post Jun 10 2009, 06:28 PM
Post #10

Trainer Tom
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 114

HeartGold Team

Probably in Call of Duty World at War, I let my brother play Nazi Zombies with me at times. We really like that new map, so often we'll play that instead of the original. Often we'll hurry up and begin running upstairs using up most of our points and forget that we need powerful weapons and not just power. We'll usually run out of points by the time we get to the power room and get swamped by zombies and run out of ammo. shakefist.gif

--------------------

GPX+ Groups (click to show)

Helping with Social Network, PM Me! :: Almost Daily Clicks!
+Quote Post

oumaghirga
post Jun 10 2009, 07:19 PM
Post #11

Psychologist in Training
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 467

The Bros

I have a bunch of things I regret, but I definitely don't remember a lot of them.
The first time I played a Pokemon game, I used a Master Ball on a Caterpie though.
I was so smart back then.
I wanted to see if it really worked. Then I saved (because I was stupid).

--------------------
Currently a student at the University of Massachusetts Amherst studying in the field of psychology.
[ Pinterest || Steam || Instagram || StumbleUpon ]

"The world is a diagonal... I am the balancing point."

+Quote Post

Applenose
post Jun 11 2009, 07:41 PM
Post #12

meat popsicle
Group Icon

Currently Training

Oh just remembered, using Psychic on an Umbreon. ><
+Quote Post

Classy Quagsire
post Jun 11 2009, 10:40 PM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 727

Active Squad

For stupid things I've done in-game, probably leveling Kratos insanely in Tales of Symphonia. I was sooo pissed later on. l<

I also just had the worst experience I've every had with the E4 in Ruby. See, I usually stock all my elixers, max revives and such in the pc, just to save them for the E4. I was stupid and not thinking the other night, finally went to the first person, beat them and saved. I didn't go to my PC. I didn't have any dark type or ice type moves on me. I beat it, but it was still hell. facepalm.gif

Though probably the stupidest thing I've done concerning a game at all? Giving away my perfectly good Crystal version. WHY ME. WHYYY. If you can't tell, I wanted to replay through it to get all excited for HGSS. shakefist.gif

--------------------
Thought can lead to epiphanies or madness, often times it leads to both.

+Quote Post

riry
post Jun 11 2009, 11:46 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 31 519

Active Squad

QUOTE(CheckeredPenguin @ Jun 10 2009, 06:54 AM) *
Haha in Persona 3, I regret using one of the characters and making him super strong. Didn't know he was going to...leave. =(

I'd say I cried, but I didn't. My roommates and I did spend a good half hour going noes.gif over it, even if we knew it was coming. (And we both did, because we played the game independently.)

My regrets? Fire Emblem. I'm the type that camps outside the arena to level characters up to 20 and restarts it whenever someone dies. WHY DID I ACCEPT THAT FIGHT? ;______:

--------------------

Riry was considering putting something of actual interest in here, but she is lazy like a lazy thing.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 02:55 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.