Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Hunting Party (Linkin Park's 6th album), This thread needed to be made.
Mercutio3
post Jun 13 2014, 06:41 PM
Post #1

The third and only!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 56 656

Kiwis

Only a mere few days stand in the way between Linkin Park's 6th album and our grubby fingers. As we mere peasants wait for the songs, let's discuss the ones we already have.

The three released so far would be (in case you haven't heard them):

GUILTY ALL THE SAME

UNTIL IT'S GONE

FINAL MASQUERADE

So, how do you all feel about these? Are you glad that Linkin Park is starting to go back to their original sound, or do you wish they would have kept on the A Thousand Suns-Living Things track?

In my personal opinion, I like what they're doing. I like all of their albums, but I feel that had they taken one step further in that direction, we'd basically be listening to angry auto tuned male Katy Perry right now. Okay, no, that is an EXTREME exaggeration, but I don't think I'd like it as much if they had kept going this way.

On the flip side, the first time I heard Guilty All the Same, I wondered if the entire album would be like that, and if The Hunting Party might be too much for me. After listening to the other singles, however, it seems to me that they simply released this album's Victimized as the first single. Heck, Guilty All the Same has even grown on me. When I first heard the title of Until It's Gone, I mentally shamed the band for what seemed like Until It Breaks+I'll Be Gone. Upon listening to it, I do like the song. I also like Final Masquerade. I have high hopes for this album.

EDIT: Technically, the whole album was released today in some countries, but it's not released in my country for a few more days. :P Sorry, didn't clarify that.

This post has been edited by Aberrant Mercutio: Jun 13 2014, 07:15 PM

--------------------

Credits!! (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:32 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.