Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Musical Debate, 4th Generation
Booken
post Mar 31 2010, 10:22 AM
Post #1

Pokemon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 88 032

Silver Death Squad

I recently took the boat to the kanto region and found my first wild battle. Its a tentacruel, surfing.
A new music start, I first I thought its 'boss battle', but no, its a remix of the kanto music.
But I don't reconize it. I can't reconize it. Its a remix, but it feels like a bad remix to me.
The music in Johto sounds so much better. They should had stuck to what they had in FireRed.
I enjoy exploring Kanto, but I'm forced to endure what they have done each time a wild pidgey appears.

Then, cleared all 8 gyms, saved my game and transfered my team to Diamond to take on the elite four and Mt. Spark before Mt. Silver. And thats when it it hit me. The Sinnoh bicycle song, town song, route song, both the wild and trainer battle, and lets not forget the awesome Dialga/Palkia song. All masterpieces.

It is my belief that the music in Sinnoh was of a greater quality than what is found elsewhere.

Discuss.

--------------------
Now Breeding:
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Mar 31 2010, 10:24 AM
Post #2

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

I agree, I think the Sinnoh music is the best.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tiamat
post Mar 31 2010, 11:32 AM
Post #3

everything is happening so much
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

Active Squad

It's probably just my odd fondness for eight-bit tunes, but I liked the second-gen music the best, followed by the first gen stuff. The Sinnoh tunes were pretty good, though, I will say that.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Booken
post Mar 31 2010, 12:13 PM
Post #4

Pokemon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 88 032

Silver Death Squad

I just found out you can get the old-school 8bit music in Celadon City after you get the 8 badges. Sweet!

--------------------
Now Breeding:
+Quote Post

bowlda
post Apr 1 2010, 01:18 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 40 105

Active Squad

Sorry, but i gotta say johtos was much better. I grew up listening to that 8-bit music on Gen I and II and now that its improved i cant say its bad at all. I thought Hoenns music was pretty decent but i dont think sinnohs is memorable in the least bit. I played platinum and diamond for a while and i still cant remember any of the tunes off the top of my head. Id say the music got worse as the series went on, with the exception of Gen II being about the same as Gen I

--------------------

image made by bowlda (me). Im an indie Water Gym leader
Challenge me if you want the badge and a prize (which can be a shiny pokemon is you want). pm me for FC and details

Robo Yamna! If you want your pokemon roboticized check out my thread
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 07:14 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.