Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
You are a god. Answer this question.
matchstickmirage...
post Sep 29 2009, 05:40 PM
Post #101

Metal Gear?!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 57 547

SS Party

If I were a god, I would praise the person who loved unconditionally and did what they knew was right rather than the one who harmed other people because a few thousand year old book told them to they thought it'd please me. I mean, if I had this guy's life set out in front of me and it was a fairly good life in which he'd made some pretty good decisions and he was usually really great to people I wouldn't suddenly stop and go "Hmm, great life, awesome job, but you didn't believe I existed. Bummer, down you go." What kind of egocentric, attention-hogging God is that?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

MoogleSam
post Sep 30 2009, 03:09 PM
Post #102

A Defensive, Protective, Fair, Happy and Playful Lion~
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 034

Roster in Diamond

If I was God, then I wouldn't punish someone just for not believing in me. I never gave them any reason to now did I? I didn't truly show them that I existed so they had no way of being sure I even existed. I would reward the good people of the world but, make any horrible people be reborn, to have a clean slate and a second chance. I would repeat the process, removing their memories each time, until they finally became a good person.

Then they would be rewarded for finally becoming good. Never revealing that they were once a bad person so that I would never make them upset about it.

--------------------
If any of my old friends want to contact me, please email me!
+Quote Post

Iconox
post Oct 2 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #103

Romantic Misanthropist
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 34 260

Legend League

God is perfect. Humans aren't, for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. If God let a sinner into Heaven, Heaven wouldn't be a perfect place any longer. So he can't let a sinner in. That's not what He wants. He sent His son Jesus Christ to be tortured and die for you. By having the pnishment for sin taken upon himself, Jesus payed the price for humanity. He was perfect and sinless so that by having faith in Him, you don't have to be (=P

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reyo
post Oct 2 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #104

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

QUOTE(Iconox @ Oct 2 2009, 05:57 PM) *
God is perfect. Humans aren't, for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. If God let a sinner into Heaven, Heaven wouldn't be a perfect place any longer. So he can't let a sinner in. That's not what He wants. He sent His son Jesus Christ to be tortured and die for you. By having the pnishment for sin taken upon himself, Jesus payed the price for humanity. He was perfect and sinless so that by having faith in Him, you don't have to be (=P

I'm starting to think you're doing this on purpose.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

Iconox
post Oct 5 2009, 07:48 AM
Post #105

Romantic Misanthropist
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 260

Legend League

QUOTE(Reyo @ Oct 2 2009, 11:59 PM) *
QUOTE(Iconox @ Oct 2 2009, 05:57 PM) *

I'm starting to think you're doing this on purpose.

Once again, I'm at a loss as to what you mean confused.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Libie
post Oct 6 2009, 10:39 AM
Post #106

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 60 727

Active Squad

I probably shouldn't be allowed to contribute to this, since I'm an atheist :P

I don't think God is a God of punishment. He is a God of forgiveness. So if this person has never done a bad thing in their life, God doesn't even have anything to forgive. If they didn't believe in God, that's not a sin. God gave people the right to believe what they want. He did this because faith is the basis of religion, so in all honesty if the person was a nonbeliever they probably shouldn't be sent God's way at all. But if the only afterworld that existed was God's afterworld... why shouldn't the person be let into heaven? Is a sinless (minus original sin, mind) nonbeliever as worthy of hell as a Christian (or whatever faith) murderer and rapist?

I don't think that quite makes sense :S

--------------------
ninetales.gif Guys, it's NineTALES!!! ninetales.gif

Help level up my Ariados?

Shinies and Legends (click to show)
+Quote Post

Spanish Inquisit...
post Oct 6 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #107

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! >:D
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 822

Expect the unexpected

I probably wouldnt do it. if im a god, and somebody dont believe in me, then i havent done a good enough job. what matters in the end is morales and nothing else.

--------------------
NOBODY expects the Spanish inquisition! o3o.gif

"90% of teens would die if Facebook had a system failure and crashed. If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature."
+Quote Post

Podz
post Oct 8 2009, 02:29 PM
Post #108

Pokemon Hatcher ~ Savior
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 385

Drift

If I Were God ,
Well , I Wouldnt Send Them To Hell If You Mean It That Way For Punishment . I Would Give Them A Second Chance . I myself Dont Really Believe In God But I Believe That There Is Something Out There , Guiding Us and Watching Over Us Individually , Like A Guardian Angel . So I Wouldnt Class Myself As Having A Religion If Someone Asked Me . But If I Were God I Would Give Them A Second Chance Unless They Toke Someone Elses Life On Purpose Or Have Have Done Something That Hurted A Lot Of People .

--------------------
PODZ !

AMAZING LINKS,
pokemon anrui!

BE JEALOUS OF MY LONG TERM HIATUS!
+Quote Post

methuselah alche...
post Oct 8 2009, 02:57 PM
Post #109

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 049

My Favorites

If I was a god...I'd be a lazy god in humanity's eyes. I'd be too worried about my awesome godly duties to pay too much attention to every little thing every little human did. My godly assistants would have to drag me away from my godly video games so I would sit at my god-desk and look over the paperwork for each person's life. I'd just skim, probably, not caring about petty things like if they believed in me or not(because, let's face it! I'm a god and they're just pathetic humans; what do I care what they think?)unless some human's lifestory proved of interest in my godly opinion. If they were unselfishly helpful to others, then they'd pass with flying colors, and be allowed an awesome afterlefe. However, I'm one to hold a grudge, so if I found one that was terrible and murdered people and just didn't care...well, then I'd have some fun. I'm a fan of thinking up tortures, so my godly minions and I would think of random stuff depending on how bored we were. Other than Judgement, which I reluctantly do, I don't think I'd interfere too much with humans' lives, so praying to me/believing in me would be fairly pointless, anyway.

--------------------

Click the Timewarp Torchic to get to my party~

Blazikens made for me (click to show)

Credits for the Blazikens made for me (click to show)

Etc. (click to show)

+Quote Post

Pizzakun
post Oct 9 2009, 06:07 PM
Post #110

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 129

Epicness

If I'm god, I honestly won't care whether they believe me or not. I will not punish them.

But I will punish people who murdered. Unless they've atoned enough for it. This include suicides, you suicided? You're going to hell. Cuz you murdered yourself. I mean, if you're not strong enough to live through life, why should I reward you?

--------------------

+Quote Post

I ce
post Oct 9 2009, 06:10 PM
Post #111

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 67 425

Active Squad

Im God, wow... screw him..IM GOING BOWLING, HECK YEAH woot.gif

--------------------

Click once, Click Often
I licked a Missingno, then my tounge gots deleted
+Quote Post

TheIgDemon
post Oct 10 2009, 12:33 AM
Post #112

What are you looking at? >.>
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 990

My Favorites

Of course I wouldn't punish them, I'd be a hell of a crappy god if I did that! I believe in the right of opinion and going against that would just kill me. Now, if that person were an intentional murderer and/or rapist I would. But other than that, no.

--------------------
My Clickables (click to show)

+Quote Post

JUiCE
post Oct 10 2009, 12:37 AM
Post #113

Overlord of Rock/Metal
Group Icon

Member No.: 59 869

<3

i dont believe in either heaven or hell, God nor Satan, nor am i atheist, even those ppl believe in something, but i have studied alot in religion, as a whole, and as far as i know, God does not punish, he brings Judgment, and if i were a God i would pass Judgment to those who not believe in me, give them the gift of passing life in eternal damnation
+Quote Post

Furious George
post Oct 11 2009, 05:01 PM
Post #114

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 293

Active Squad

QUOTE(Wymsy @ Jun 22 2008, 02:25 AM) *
Somebody has been good all of their life but has honestly not believed that you (God) actually exist. Do you punish this person when they die? No matter what your answer, please explain it.

I would suggest that even gods are bound by certain rules, and their power is not infinite. There are a lot of traditions that see a basic set of rules applying to all beings, regardless of their divine of human status. In this case, the gos wouldn't much much of a choice as to whether or not to punish the person. It doesn't matter if they believed or not.

--------------------
+Quote Post

zenzai
post Oct 13 2009, 02:00 AM
Post #115

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 710

GPX+ Egg Wishlist

In this hypothetical world where I would be God,

No. I wouldn't punish them. 'Specially seeing as I probably didn't give this hypothetical person conclusive proof of my existence. As a side note, there also would be no eternal damnation if I were God. (I created people. I have the power to change their lives. If they turn on a dark path, am I not at least partially to blame for letting them stray?)

--------------------
Member of:
Alphabet Soup, the Breeding Aristocracy and:

·❧·
+Quote Post

2112 Rush 2112
post Oct 15 2009, 07:12 PM
Post #116

King of Nothing. Except whoever reads this.
Group Icon

Member No.: 50 050

Active Squad

Well, if I go ahead killing all people who don't believe in me(God), then I might as well kill every animal, plant, etc. They're all alive, and they don't believe in me.
But I wouldn't kill them. =D I'm too kewl for that, I can be doing God stuff, you know, altering the fabric of time and space, blowing up things on a large scale, making rough drafts for scorpion-people crossbreeds.
Now, you may be thinking "they don't have the capability of knowing that." I come back with, what if the person we're talking about doesn't have the capability of knowing God. If you were born with two Atheist parents, you would most likely grow up being Athiest. Not your fault.
Another example.
What if you're born with a mental handicap, where you can't think properly, and are therefore unable to believe in God?
You don't deserve to be punished, for any way, because something had to INFLUENCE you to be doing that, except in my 2nd example, therefore your influence deserves a greater punishment than you, but I say everybody goes away without being hurt by God. Kinda like what happens today.

Also, I'd send people who didn't like ANY type of music (rap, rock, metal, etc) because they called it "satanic" to hell. Because that's one of the most annoying things ever. Satanic isn't just "hey there's Satan in this song", saying it's about killing, sex, drugs, etc would be different. Because if that's what you think, that's your opinion, but unless it's an actual Satanist writing REAL Satanic music, you and Satan can talk one on one about that. (Prime example of this is Megadeth, just because Megadeth's a metal band, doesn't mean it's satanic. When Dimebag Darrel died, it was 100% relevant that Dave Mustaine was a firm believer of God from the speech he made about Darrel.)
Also I'd befriend Satan. And turn hell into something different. (Or just tell Satan to say he's sorry and then me and him can be buddies and we'll get rid of hell altogether.)

(also whoever finds my SuperJail reference, kudos to you.)

This post has been edited by SuperLAZORZ: Oct 15 2009, 07:14 PM

--------------------

One clickers click the Magikarp Egg

Hunting for Shiny Magikarp. Eggs Hatched: 4
Hunting for Shiny Horsea. Eggs Hatched: 2
+Quote Post

Storskarfen
post Oct 19 2009, 12:02 AM
Post #117

~nyuu...~
Group Icon

Member No.: 53 039

Maemai

If I were a god, and a person did not believe in me, I wouldn't punish them. It's their belief, and if I were to punish them for not believing, I think that that would make me an evil god. Plus, since they've been "good" all of their life, that would just be unfair and unjust.

--------------------

Hunting for shiny Spinda!!!

Avatar made by Tymid. So pretty!~
Pokemon Shuffle Friend Code: H6RW-PLKJ
+Quote Post

Captain Combuske...
post Oct 19 2009, 02:04 PM
Post #118

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 944

Zack Aiza's Team

I'll put the non-religious argument up here.

If God did exist, then he would have made his subjects different for a reason, no? Remember that people beleive that god made people have a free will, so therefore free to think and beleive what they wanted. If you punished something that you brought apon yourself, no one would like you.

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
+Quote Post

Panlah Eats Cupc...
post Oct 20 2009, 09:59 AM
Post #119

Flaaffy Obsessed Freak
Group Icon

Member No.: 68 854

SUPERTEAM

Now, taking this from Dante's The Inferno, there are several layers of Hell with increasing pain and suffering depending on the deeds you did in life.

People that did not accept God but were good all their lives, unbaptised children and those that died before the birth of Christ were sent to Limbo, where they didn't have to suffer but were very bored all day.

I think that's pretty fair. I mean, no one is going to be sticking you with barbs or anything, right?

--------------------
Hello. My name is Pan and I'm a pokemon addict. I love Flaaffy and ANYTHING Flaaffy. I support the first two generations of pokemon. LONG LIVE KANTO AND JOHTO.

99.8 percent of anime fans are obsessing over Naruto. If you are the last few of the clan who can think up three better animes than this, paste this on your profile. Sorry and no offense to any Naruto fans.
- Darker than Black - Utawarerumono - Princess Tutu -
DAMN STRAIGHT
+Quote Post

Rabies Girl
post Oct 26 2009, 11:43 AM
Post #120

Pokemon Breeder
Group Icon

Member No.: 69 572

My unexpected SS team

I as a god or rather goddess would not punish such persons. To punish someone for not sharing your believes is foolish and down right rude. Someone whos good their whole life and choose the path of good and nobility should be honerd as a saint of somesuch. I would rather see someone be good on their own then being good just so that they dont get punished by a higher being.

--------------------
Deviantart

Must hatch/level up! crazy.gif
+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 02:43 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.