Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
56 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
GPX+ Mobile! [Pokechests], The "M" stands for "Mobile"
Big Bidoof
post Nov 16 2010, 07:59 PM
Post #1

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

Update #1: Mobile Achievements page is online!

Update #2: Your skin selection on the main site (other than random, sorta) will carry over to the Mobile site now. There isn't a skin selector yet, however.

Update #3: I've done a bit of an overhaul on the PC page, so it should hopefully be a lot easier to use. I've also lifted any sort of requirement to beta-test the site... that being said, keep in mind that many features are still missing or incomplete, and moreover, the only officially supported platforms at this point in time are Android 2.0+ and iOS 4.0+, so if you are using neither of these operating systems, it's entirely possible that certain features don't work properly. If you visit the mobile site from your mobile device, but end up redirected to the main site, you're probably using some niche device that it doesn't recognize by default as valid... go to http://gpxplus.net/agent *ON YOUR PHONE/MOBILE DEVICE* (apparently this wasn't clear...) if this happens, post the User Agent string here, and I'll fix it up for you, yup yup.

Update #4: *Some* items may now be used... namely, Repel, Sweet Honey, Fossils, Summons, Dowsing MCHN, Discount Coupon and Odd Incense. They can either be activated in your inventory or from any page using the item activation dialogue, which has an icon in the header (the suitcase one). Regardless of where you activate the item from, once you do, you'll automagically be redirected to the relevant page... Lab for summons, Shop for Discount Coupon, and so on, yup yup.

Update #5: The "Move to PC" options has been slightly tweaked to allow you to move Pokemon anywhere, not just your PC... for this change (and as a general note, for pretty well any update ever to take full effect for you), you'll need to make sure you manually reload the entire page (not just pressing the reload icon in the corner to reload that specific section, or anything), yup yup.

Update #6: The Mobile Dex is online... I need to come up with a better way to handle selecting which Pokemon to view, but other than that, it's pretty well done, yup yup.

Update #7: I've added the ability to, rather than having select all the Pokemon in your party (Mobile Walker) to release/hatch, the ability to do so with just one button press. Also, I've added a section to the PC, wherein you can manage all the Pokemon in there at once, the same way you would your Party Pokemon, yup yup.

Update #8: I've added in the ability for Heart Scales and Flame Orbs to be used... rather than a separate option, like on the main site, if you have any in your possession, you'll automatically be able to release/hatch an otherwise ineligible Pokemon normally, though using the item, however it will notify you when doing so will use one of those items, yup yup.

Update #9: I've made some tweaks to the site as for it to better make use of the larger displays on tablet devices. These tweaks work best on iPads running iOS5, though any supported browser should be fine. I've added another screenshot down below showing the tweaks.

Update #10: I've finished the help page; I've also added in Trinkets and Battle Tower, though the former is non-functional, and the latter only permits Pokemon to be withdrawn from it. Poke Hunt entries can also now be submitted on the mobile site, and I'll be trying to get a Poke Hunt page up by the end of this hunt. I've also made the main site start redirecting to the mobile one automagically for mobile devices, though if you prefer to disable this redirection, there's a link on the main page to do so, yup yup.

Update #11: I've made some improvements to how the site runs when an iOS users adds it to their home screen; there's a new, high-res icon that'll look a lot more crisp on retina iPhones and iPads (compare: http://i.imgur.com/Xdimn.png), as well as much nicer-looking, new splash screen and a few other minor tweaks. If you're an iOS user, for the best experience, it is recommended you use the "Add to Home Screen" option to run the site in a standalone browser; if you were already doing this, it's recommended you delete your bookmark and readd it. In addition to this, I've also made the Poke Hunt page operational, and (finally) added the ability to find items and Exploration items, though not chests et al. yet... though they should hopefully be soon, yup yup.

Update #12: The mobile accessory shop is now online. For all pages on which the "Pokemon options" select box displays (Party, Mobile Walker, PC, Battle Tower, and now Daycare as well), I've added an option for moving all Pokemon at once, as it is on the main site. I've also reordered the Daycare page, putting eggs on top so you don't need to scroll down to reach them. I've added a new footer bar (which will stay fixed at the bottom of your screen if you're on a supported device), which will be used to display the Pokemon options select, as well as different sections on certain pages (Shelter, Shop, as well as Battle Tower, Trinkets and Shine Recorder when they're online). Finally, I've made some performance improvements for iOS users who have saved the site to their home screen, yup yup.

Update #13: I had wanted to finish this up sooner so it'd be available before the start of the Site-wide shiny race this month, but all the same, the Shine Recorder is now available on the mobile site, yup yup!

Update #14: The Prize Shop is now usable, as are Vouchers, yup yup.

Update #15: I've redone the Stats page to make it more usable and revamped the Pokedex as well. When you're adopting a Pokemon or Egg in the Shelter, the box confirming if you want to do so will now tell you what it is, yup yup.

Update #16: Sprites, and alt sprites unlocked are now displayed in the Pokedex. I've also added a option to load more Pokemon once you finish a batch in the Berry Feeder, yup yup.

Update #17: Pass Powers are now usable. I've made some graphical tweaks, and made some improvements so the site should work better in Opera and Firefox mobile, yup yup.

Update #18: Pokechests can now be opened (but other Trinket-related features are still unavailable), yup yup.

This has been under development on and off for quite a while now, and at this point, it's ready for a public beta: GPX+ Mobile, a mobile-optimized version of the website!

The mobile version of the site presently targets devices with iOS or Android exclusively - it theoretically should work fine on other devices, but users of both these two platforms (specifically iOS, due to some minor quirks in Android's browser) will have the best experience... and I have no way, at present, to test on anything else, so there's no way of telling if something doesn't work properly or not.

Although the site is being released to the public now, it's not entirely complete, there are a few features that are still missing - namely, the ability to view and unlock Achievements, your Pokedex, a Help page, and your Journal, as well as the ability to use most items (Repel, Summons, Fossils, Shine Recorder, etc.), but the majority of the site is usable.

There's also a new way to raise your Pokemon and eggs available presently, exclusively through the mobile site - the Mobile Walker. You can deposit up to three Pokemon or Eggs in the Mobile Walker at a time, and then activate your Mobile Walker once per hour, upon which they'll gain steps or experience points based on how far you've traveled since the previous activation.

Since this is just a public beta, it won't be initially available to all users - only users on devices with iOS or Android, who have been registered for 120 days or more will have access initially, though once it's been tested, and more work has been done, it'll be available to everybody.

To access the site, visit http://m.gpxplus.net/ on your mobile device (though after the final release, http://gpxplus.net/ will redirect to the mobile site automagically).

And finally, for the users who aren't able to use this at present, here are a few screen shots as well:

Be sure to report any bugs or issues, and to make any suggestions in the appropriate forums. Also, please tag the topic titles for all GPX Mobile-related threads with [mobile] so that it's easy to distinguish them from threads about the main site, yup yup!

This post has been edited by Big Bidoof: Dec 14 2011, 10:10 PM

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Nov 16 2010, 08:00 PM
Post #2

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Sexy stuffs bro.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Kranic
Post #3

So I herd u like Motorz
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 75 208

Active Squad

Can I say cool, or can I say cool?

--------------------

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)

+Quote Post

Black Ice
Post #4

A New Era
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 28

Active Squad

FINALLY.

A use for my iPhone.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jen
Post #5

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

I wish my phone could actually use this. Ahah. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Klowii is Sexy
Post #6

She's sexy and I know it~
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 30 189

Add fifth gen, please

Dude.... WIN That is pretty epic

--------------------
[align=right]2:31 PM 08/10/07 - 11:19 PM 03/17/2012 remember~[/align]
[align=right]
[/align]
+Quote Post

N Sign
Post #7

The Great Ero-King
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3 604

Specialderps

Hawt stuff. Been waiting a long time for this.

--------------------
GTS+/GPX+'s Official Pedo, and Lord of all that is Tentacles!~

+Quote Post

ShinyTyphlosion
Post #8

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 646

Supa Uprising Team :D

I won't use it, but looks good. grin.gif

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

+Quote Post

Luneon
Post #9

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

FusionWarrior
Post #10

Liked Drapion more... Raikou is fine too.
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 735

Faves

I dont have any such type of phone... Will try with DSi

I have a Blackberry Curve 8330

Here is the Agent page for it.

Hope this helps somehow with development. It auto redirects to the normal site...

This post has been edited by FusionWarrior: Dec 15 2010, 12:07 AM

--------------------

One of my oldest internet friends:
Scroll to see mah shinies!

+Quote Post

Adam
post Nov 16 2010, 08:01 PM
Post #11

^-_-^
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

The Dream Team

Good stuff. Now I can click while I walk.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Ztarz
Post #12

Amazing
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 234

BROS

Now I want a better phone so I could actually use this lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Rhapsody
Post #13

you got some nice boulders
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 795

porgeymins

Wow. I wonder if I could steal my friend's phone to try it out... Still, really cool.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Contra
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 663

asdfgh

I should start using my phone for internet now. Maybe. I just like the little substitute/pokedoll icon thing

This post has been edited by Lyrit: Nov 16 2010, 08:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Naixatloz
Post #15

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 857

Yes! I've been waiting for this!

--------------------

+Quote Post

PeaceFrog777
post Nov 16 2010, 08:02 PM
Post #16

Trip-Hop Star
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 341

IDK

Niice!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

swuff
post Nov 16 2010, 08:03 PM
Post #17

swuff★
Group Icon

Member No.: 94 697

Sheer

Wow. I should of seen it coming.
As someone without a mobile phone, I say....

Can't wait 'till I'm 12! awesome.gif

--------------------
"Find something to believe in, and find it for yourself. When you do, pass it on to the future."
-Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
+Quote Post

Silverwing
Post #18

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 935

<3

I hope this works on the i-touch! I have to check it out c:

--------------------

Stuff for me c: (click to show)

+Quote Post

unexistence
Post #19

Fan of Smash Bros, Pokémon, A:TLA, A:LOK, Zelda, things
Group Icon

Member No.: 31 681

Favorites ♥

OMGYESWIN

--------------------

GPXing sporadically.

+Quote Post

Nymphadora
Post #20

There's probably coffee on my keyboard rn
Group Icon

Member No.: 59 139

You know who they are

dowant.gif

This pleases me.

--------------------

× × | × ×
QUOTE(Jesus Of Suburbia @ Apr 21 2011, 01:20 AM) *
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YOU ASS-KICKING GREEN DAY AND A7X FANGIRL! awesome.gif
Nimmies (click to show)
Karofsky
+Quote Post

56 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 01:11 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.