Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Shop cycling suggestion
Chrono Dragoon
post Feb 12 2011, 07:14 PM
Post #1

Warrior Beyond Time
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 38 533

My Little Pony...ta

I would like to suggest that the Shop cycle items on a more solid rotation, rather than the randomness it seems to be based on now. I'm tired of seeing only one of the "Miscellaneous Items" change every 12 hours (Repel, Fresh Water, Sprite Changer, etc).

This suggestion comes about because I'm stuck on step two of a certain exploration, which requires three of a certain item (found in the Shop under Miscellaneous), and I've now watched it cycle for THREE DAYS (yes, six cycles) without my item coming into stock. This lack of decent stock rotation seems a bit ridiculous to me. facepalm.gif

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Cloudy past
post Feb 12 2011, 11:27 PM
Post #2

Attracted 2 Aron
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 31 019

Aron Army

The shop cycles every time it is 6 o'clock. It is never guaranteed an item will be in the shop purely for challenges sake.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Chrono Dragoon
post Feb 13 2011, 12:01 AM
Post #3

Warrior Beyond Time
Group Icon

My Little Pony...ta

QUOTE(Cloudy past @ Feb 12 2011, 08:27 PM) *
The shop cycles every time it is 6 o'clock. It is never guaranteed an item will be in the shop purely for challenges sake.

Thank you Captain Obvious, but this is exactly what I'm suggesting be changed.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Darth Krytie
post Feb 13 2011, 12:13 AM
Post #4

This one does not have time for your solid waste excretions.
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 22 312

Team Awesomecakes

QUOTE(Capn Shanx @ Feb 13 2011, 12:01 AM) *
QUOTE(Cloudy past @ Feb 12 2011, 08:27 PM) *

Thank you Captain Obvious, but this is exactly what I'm suggesting be changed.

No need to be rude there. Person's just suggesting that it's intentional and probably won't be changed.

--------------------

Please use the Help Page and appropriate Help Forum instead of PMing me. Only PM if it's something you need me or an Admin for specifically.
+Quote Post

Chrono Dragoon
post Feb 13 2011, 12:35 AM
Post #5

Warrior Beyond Time
Group Icon

My Little Pony...ta

QUOTE(Darth Krytie @ Feb 12 2011, 09:13 PM) *
No need to be rude there. Person's just suggesting that it's intentional and probably won't be changed.

Pardon me for being snappish. I'm just frustrated by this system that apparently needs to be improved.

Also, I had a brainwave for keeping the Shop random but perhaps a little more fair:
Let's say any given three items are in stock under Miscellaneous (for example, Repel, Soda Pop, Sprite Changer). When the Shop cycles, have the next three items be random, but have a high probability of not including those three items.
As a desktop/console programming student, this seems to me like a very do-able thing; though I don't know the backend code for GPX+, I would think it to be quite possible (and quite reasonable too).

--------------------

+Quote Post

Chayan
post Feb 13 2011, 01:58 AM
Post #6

am keeping an eye on you...
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 57 548

can u beat this????

and if possible pls make the cycles a bit more frequent.....

like a cycle every 6 hours or so other than the 12 hours gap......

i think peple get enough time to think and buy something from the shop in 6 hours.....

seeing the same things in the shop for 12 long hours is really a bit boring!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
<----My Party. PLEASE CLICK

All Due Respects (click to show)
+Quote Post

Chrono Dragoon
post Feb 13 2011, 02:03 AM
Post #7

Warrior Beyond Time
Group Icon

My Little Pony...ta

QUOTE(Sunny the pokemon breeder @ Feb 12 2011, 10:58 PM) *
and if possible pls make the cycles a bit more frequent.....

like a cycle every 6 hours or so other than the 12 hours gap......

i think peple get enough time to think and buy something from the shop in 6 hours.....

seeing the same things in the shop for 12 long hours is really a bit boring!!!!!!!!!

I can agree with you partially here. It would be nice to see more frequent cycles, but then some people may miss out.

Thinking globally, it's day somewhere when it's night where you are, so having cycles every 12 hours gives everyone an equal and fair chance at getting whatever is available for that cycle.
Also, if some people can only access the site a couple times a day (this happens because of busy life schedules, etc), they would end up completely missing cycles and potentially missing the items they want/need.

--------------------

+Quote Post

YunikoYokai
post Feb 13 2011, 05:52 AM
Post #8

Cute, Cuddly and filled with Cookies
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 212

My Favourites

QUOTE(Capn Shanx @ Feb 13 2011, 05:35 AM) *
Also, I had a brainwave for keeping the Shop random but perhaps a little more fair:
Let's say any given three items are in stock under Miscellaneous (for example, Repel, Soda Pop, Sprite Changer). When the Shop cycles, have the next three items be random, but have a high probability of not including those three items.
As a desktop/console programming student, this seems to me like a very do-able thing; though I don't know the backend code for GPX+, I would think it to be quite possible (and quite reasonable too).

I can see one major flaw with this. Lets say one exploration needs an antidote, but then we have the Unown one which needs fresh waters and a repel. If someone just misses the shop before the new restock, and a repel and fresh water were both there, then they have a much lower chance of getting said items in the next rotation, thereby they may have to wait a further 12 hours to get them, with only a chance of both appearing (so they could be waiting easily 24 hours before they can get both items). Different explorations need different items, so it seems unfair to make it easier for a few people to get their exploration done yet making it more difficult for others to get their items because they cannot get onto the site as often as others. Random is random and people cannot pin the blame or rant at programmers on anything that is random (they can try, but there is no point).

If you are desperate for your item, do what I did and stalk the backroom. It may take a while but I'm sure someone will sell what you need.

This post has been edited by YunikoYokai: Feb 13 2011, 05:54 AM

--------------------

Bug Bonanza (click to show)

Fire Frenzy (click to show)

Other Shinies (click to show)

+Quote Post

Chrono Dragoon
post Feb 13 2011, 01:21 PM
Post #9

Warrior Beyond Time
Group Icon

My Little Pony...ta

QUOTE(YunikoYokai @ Feb 13 2011, 02:52 AM) *
I can see one major flaw with this. Lets say one exploration needs an antidote, but then we have the Unown one which needs fresh waters and a repel. If someone just misses the shop before the new restock, and a repel and fresh water were both there, then they have a much lower chance of getting said items in the next rotation, thereby they may have to wait a further 12 hours to get them, with only a chance of both appearing (so they could be waiting easily 24 hours before they can get both items). Different explorations need different items, so it seems unfair to make it easier for a few people to get their exploration done yet making it more difficult for others to get their items because they cannot get onto the site as often as others. Random is random and people cannot pin the blame or rant at programmers on anything that is random (they can try, but there is no point).

If you are desperate for your item, do what I did and stalk the backroom. It may take a while but I'm sure someone will sell what you need.

Oh no, having to wait 24 hours?? Did I not state in the first post that I just had to wait over three days to get one item that I needed from the Shop? And yes, it did cycle in finally; I never said it was a program bug, just something that could be improved.
So how would it possibly make it easier for some people and not for others? Do you not realize that it would be possible to have both the Repel and the Fresh Water be in stock simultaneously? My idea wouldn't put every item in the Shop on a set rotation: it would only guarantee that a different three items popped up every 12 hours. And 12 hours seems like plenty of time to grab whichever item(s) you need for your exploration, assuming they're in stock at the moment.
And I have stalked the backroom quite a bit. When what I'm looking for does pop up, someone almost always buys it before I can click it.

Oh hey, guess what? I am on the Unown Exploration. yourmove.gif
The other items were easy: Repel seems to cycle in to the Shop quite often, and I'm shiny hunting Squirtle so I get an abundance of Mystic Waters.

--------------------

+Quote Post

YunikoYokai
post Feb 13 2011, 02:08 PM
Post #10

Cute, Cuddly and filled with Cookies
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 212

My Favourites

I just gave my opinion, no need to bite my head off. I also said POSSIBLY and similar words in there, meaning a chance, not set in stone.

I KNOW the repel and fresh water can occur at the same time rolleyes.gif I'm not blind, but the chance of them both appearing at the same time is much lower than them appearing separately.

12 hours isn't enough for some people: I can miss a shop cycle very easily due to university demands. It's called 'Having a Life'. Many people here know it and unforseen circumstances can drag them from computers/internet for sometimes days on end.

I also read your 3 day wait...and I couldn't care less. I waited about 5-6 cycles for an item before I gave up and stalked the backroom.

This post has been edited by YunikoYokai: Feb 13 2011, 02:09 PM

--------------------

Bug Bonanza (click to show)

Fire Frenzy (click to show)

Other Shinies (click to show)

+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Feb 13 2011, 03:29 PM
Post #11

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

Aren't there only 5 items in the miscellaneous category that are sold in the front shop? So basically one of the items in stock has to remain there during restocks. Even if the chance is completely random, there is a high probability of at least two items staying in there. If you really don't like the way it restocks, you can stock up on items yourself. Buy them when they are there, you know you need some sooner or later anyway.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Feb 13 2011, 03:33 PM
Post #12

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Besides... if the item isn't there, you just wait. Which is what keeps you active on the site... so really it makes explorations harder. What's the fun in doing explorations easy anyway?

And just saying, it'd be best if you just stock up on the items. I tend to get the items required for the Unown exploration about 10 days or so before I can embark on it. That way I don't miss out on the items and I'm ready for it.

This post has been edited by Samoo: Feb 13 2011, 03:34 PM

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Chrono Dragoon
post Feb 13 2011, 04:51 PM
Post #13

Warrior Beyond Time
Group Icon

My Little Pony...ta

"I also read your 3 day wait...and I couldn't care less. I waited about 5-6 cycles for an item before I gave up and stalked the backroom. "
This, by the way, is three days. One cycle per 12 hours = 6 cycles in three days. I found this statement ironic, but whatever.

Wow it surprises me how angry everyone gets when I simply made a suggestion and defended it. Goodness, let's not all get our panties in bunches here: it's just a suggestion.

I've seen a few statuses grumbling about the Fresh Water thing and a few posts on other sites, but I guess I was the only one here vocal enough to say something... and I got shot down repeatedly. So I guess I'm done trying to help improve the site. -_-.gif

Tyranisaur, Samoo, I am a bit embarrassed to admit this, but I never thought of stocking up that far in advance. I usually just buy the items I know I need at the time I start an exploration, so this is good advice that I will definitely make use of. Thanks!
Though Samoo, I must say that being stuck on an exploration step like I was with the Fresh Water actually made me less active here: I just checked in every 12 hours to see if the item was in stock yet and didn't click at all until it was there. But I guess this would vary from person to person.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 02:03 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.