Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Bidofo
Captain Combuske...
post Mar 27 2011, 02:15 PM
Post #1

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10 944

Zack Aiza's Team

Just... please, change the egg design. There is NO WAY WHATSOEVER to tell in the Daycare whether your egg is a Bidofo or whether it is a Bidoof. I've checked. I copied both the image for Bidofo and the image for Bidoof into paint from my dex (print-screened) and there was no difference at all.

While you can tell in the Shelter and the Lab, I would like to be able to tell in the daycare. Doesn't have to be much; a slightly darker colour scheme, or an extra line or extra blob of colour somewhere. Just... please, make there be a difference. I don't want to have to rely on Luck when I'm trying to get all the Bidofo forms.

Please?

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Blueberry
post Mar 27 2011, 02:17 PM
Post #2

I'm the reason why you hate.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 34 032

Blue's Army

I'll answer this for him in the nicest way possible: No.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Eucharistica
post Mar 27 2011, 02:56 PM
Post #3

Flooooon
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 832

Active Squad

The eggs look the same because it's based on their face, and their faces are also the same. That's why you can't tell them apart and they will never change it. Although I did hear that if you study your daycare egg codes, the one that has a different code to all the rest is the Bidofo egg. I'm not sure if they stopped this though. (It's how I managed to get all my Bidofo forms so quick)

This post has been edited by Eucharistica: Mar 27 2011, 02:57 PM

--------------------

19th Dec, 2011 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Special K
post Mar 27 2011, 05:30 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 846

Active Squad

I'm not positive (since I didn't do it that way) but I think I heard once that the coding for that was changed, Eucharista.... though I could be wrong, since like I said, never tried it........

Anyway, though, I thoroughly disagree with this suggestion. That's what keeps bidofo more interesting, because it's harder to obtain more through the daycare. Though, you do realize, that you can just keep changing the form of one bidofo until you have them all? It will take forever (since there's the 5 day wait) but it's possible and doesn't rely entirely on luck :P

Of course, having more bidofo would speed the process up, but yeah, I still disagree.

(edit: nobody has really corrected that first part exactly, but since people seem to be implying it has still worked for them, i'll cross it out xD)

This post has been edited by Kristastic: Mar 27 2011, 08:54 PM
+Quote Post

Esc
post Mar 27 2011, 05:47 PM
Post #5

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

QUOTE(Eucharistica @ Mar 27 2011, 03:56 PM) *
The eggs look the same because it's based on their face, and their faces are also the same. That's why you can't tell them apart and they will never change it. Although I did hear that if you study your daycare egg codes, the one that has a different code to all the rest is the Bidofo egg. I'm not sure if they stopped this though. (It's how I managed to get all my Bidofo forms so quick)

So, how many times have you used that method xD?

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

+Quote Post

Eucharistica
post Mar 27 2011, 06:04 PM
Post #6

Flooooon
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 832

Active Squad

QUOTE(Esc @ Mar 27 2011, 10:47 PM) *
So, how many times have you used that method xD?

Well, apart from the one I miraculously picked up from the Shelter, pretty much all the forms were bred in Daycare and obtained using that method. I was never sure if it was against the rules or not, and I did read that the coding was changed somewhere around the time I was doing it, but it still seemed to work for me, so you know.

What I'm trying to say is, if the coding trick still works, there's no point asking for an egg image change, because you could just do it that way.

--------------------

19th Dec, 2011 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Superbob
post Mar 27 2011, 06:10 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 111 547

Active Squad

Hmm I'll have to check that code trick out after the shiny race. Are you talking about the site coding or the code at the end of the URL?
+Quote Post

Jen
post Mar 27 2011, 06:23 PM
Post #8

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

QUOTE(Eucharistica @ Mar 27 2011, 02:56 PM) *
Although I did hear that if you study your daycare egg codes, the one that has a different code to all the rest is the Bidofo egg. I'm not sure if they stopped this though. (It's how I managed to get all my Bidofo forms so quick)

That's how I got my daycare Bidofos. Then the next trick is having to figure out which is the Bidoof and which is the Bidofo. grin.gif But you at least know that you have that 50/50 chance. If it's a multiplier day and they breed three eggs and only one has the different code, unless you're unlucky and you bred two Bidofos, then you know which is the novelty version.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Esc
post Mar 27 2011, 06:30 PM
Post #9

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

I'm pretty sure the one first is the one of the left and the one that is second is on the right side.

Just a guess :/

EDIT:
Yup, I'm right grin.gif

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Mar 27 2011, 06:33 PM
Post #10

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 837

Active Squad

QUOTE(Jen @ Mar 28 2011, 10:23 AM) *
QUOTE(Eucharistica @ Mar 27 2011, 02:56 PM) *
Although I did hear that if you study your daycare egg codes, the one that has a different code to all the rest is the Bidofo egg. I'm not sure if they stopped this though. (It's how I managed to get all my Bidofo forms so quick)

That's how I got my daycare Bidofos. Then the next trick is having to figure out which is the Bidoof and which is the Bidofo. grin.gif But you at least know that you have that 50/50 chance. If it's a multiplier day and they breed three eggs and only one has the different code, unless you're unlucky and you bred two Bidofos, then you know which is the novelty version.

I used a different method to get all mine: I cleared my cache, found a Bidoof egg in the shelter to keep its image in my cache, turned my images on "cached only", then done my usual stuff until my Bidofo x Ditto bred some eggs. The eggs that didn't appear were Bidofo eggs.

I dunno if it still works, but I found this way much more convenient when I was grabbing mine. =P
+Quote Post

Spades Slick
post Mar 27 2011, 07:37 PM
Post #11

I think you underestimate the depth of my pettiness
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 762

bluh bluh huge bitch

Wouldn't it be easier to breed Bidofo with a female Common Pokemon of the same egg group? It should then spit out two eggs; one the species of the female, and the other Bidoof or Bidofo. Just keep taking the Bidoof-looking egg until you get a Bidofo egg.

--------------------
[align=center]add me for daily clicks [735/1000]

~:* I love my wife Jen *:~
|

READ THE HELP PAGE OR I WILL STAB YOU

WiiU: drgdgrana (Sm4sh) | 3DS: 1204-0469-8787 | PSN: ghostscreamer[/align]
+Quote Post

Spokesman
post Mar 27 2011, 07:41 PM
Post #12

I see you fantasy, you wanna make it a reality paved in gold
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 684

Living Things

QUOTE(Spades Slick @ Mar 27 2011, 08:37 PM) *
Wouldn't it be easier to breed Bidofo with a female Common Pokemon of the same egg group? It should then spit out two eggs; one the species of the female, and the other Bidoof or Bidofo. Just keep taking the Bidoof-looking egg until you get a Bidofo egg.

Bidofo's off-breed is Bidoof. Breeding Bidofo with a different pokemon actually lowers the chance of getting a Bidofo egg.

--------------------
Came back on a whim because I saw something that reminded me of here. If you remember me, hit me up on Discord CHR|Flygon#8505 and if you a real one, tell me where I frequented most on here so we can catch up like the old days.
+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Mar 27 2011, 07:43 PM
Post #13

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 837

Active Squad

QUOTE(Jesus Of Suburbia @ Mar 28 2011, 11:41 AM) *

Bidofo's off-breed is Bidoof. Breeding Bidofo with a different pokemon actually lowers the chance of getting a Bidofo egg.

On the other hand, you have a higher chance of grabbing a Bidofo egg with each Bidoof egg bred rather than accidentally missing it.

Depends how patient you are, I suppose.
+Quote Post

Spokesman
post Mar 27 2011, 07:52 PM
Post #14

I see you fantasy, you wanna make it a reality paved in gold
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 684

Living Things

QUOTE(Gambrinous Antiscian @ Mar 27 2011, 08:43 PM) *
QUOTE(Jesus Of Suburbia @ Mar 28 2011, 11:41 AM) *

On the other hand, you have a higher chance of grabbing a Bidofo egg with each Bidoof egg bred rather than accidentally missing it.

Depends how patient you are, I suppose.

Really, the site as a whole is a lot more patience than skill.

--------------------
Came back on a whim because I saw something that reminded me of here. If you remember me, hit me up on Discord CHR|Flygon#8505 and if you a real one, tell me where I frequented most on here so we can catch up like the old days.
+Quote Post

Spades Slick
post Mar 27 2011, 08:40 PM
Post #15

I think you underestimate the depth of my pettiness
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 762

bluh bluh huge bitch

QUOTE(Jesus Of Suburbia @ Mar 27 2011, 08:41 PM) *

But if the pairing of two commons always produces one of each Pokemon, then if, for example, you put Bidofo with Smeargle, one of the eggs will be Smeargle, and the other either Bidoof or Bidofo. You grab the non-Smeargle egg; if it's not BIdofo, oh well, but at least you didn't miss out on the other egg also being Bidofo.

--------------------
[align=center]add me for daily clicks [735/1000]

~:* I love my wife Jen *:~
|

READ THE HELP PAGE OR I WILL STAB YOU

WiiU: drgdgrana (Sm4sh) | 3DS: 1204-0469-8787 | PSN: ghostscreamer[/align]
+Quote Post

BTS Jin
post Mar 27 2011, 08:47 PM
Post #16

you can't eat a pool
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 146

we only swim free

The breeding of two commons doesn't always produce one of each species. That's the most likely outcome, yes, but it's not certain.

EDIT: Pertaining to the OP's actual suggestion, I'd give no support to it. As most likely stated before, Bidofo-searching is supposed to be difficult, and requires massive patience.

This coming from a guy who bred 50 eggs between Zergoose and Bidofo, and while multiple Zangoose, Bidoof, and even Zergoose were churned out, only one Bidofo was produced. I got it, and I promptly quit due to my impatience. My fault.

This post has been edited by Manila: Mar 27 2011, 08:52 PM

--------------------
justnosense

ripulse
allegro
manila
klaine
kurtbastian
wooper

teen heat
+Quote Post

Blueberry
post Mar 27 2011, 09:26 PM
Post #17

I'm the reason why you hate.
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 032

Blue's Army

QUOTE(Spades Slick @ Mar 27 2011, 06:40 PM) *
But if the pairing of two commons always produces one of each Pokemon, then if, for example, you put Bidofo with Smeargle, one of the eggs will be Smeargle, and the other either Bidoof or Bidofo. You grab the non-Smeargle egg; if it's not BIdofo, oh well, but at least you didn't miss out on the other egg also being Bidofo.

That is not always a guarantee that you will get one of each common when eggs are produced. Sometimes two of one kind if produced.

Honestly, I never breed Bidofo. I did once and got the egg off pure luck. Now I just roam the shelter and I have gotten a fair amount of them by just checking Bidoof eggs or seeing two on one screen (which makes me laugh each time).

--------------------
+Quote Post

Swampert rox
post Mar 28 2011, 06:28 AM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 355

Current HeatGold team

The trick with reading the image codes doesn't work now. Daycare eggs don't show the generic egg image as they used to, they show the unique image code for each egg.

--------------------

Click to go to my party.

90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed.
If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.

QUOTE(5 Gum @ Nov 9 2010, 05:59 PM) *
If you play Justin Bieber songs backwards, you can hear messages from Satan. Even worse, if you play them forwards you hear Justin Bieber.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Mar 30 2011, 02:52 AM
Post #19

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

QUOTE(Swampert rox @ Mar 28 2011, 06:28 AM) *
The trick with reading the image codes doesn't work now. Daycare eggs don't show the generic egg image as they used to, they show the unique image code for each egg.

This is incorrect. All egg images on the site itself use the same generic image for that species. The only time an egg's image URL is unique to its code is when you get it off the Codes page to display on another site.

If you had two Magikarp eggs in your daycare, both image URLs for those two eggs would be the same.

If we really wanted to make it more difficult, we could very easily make it fall back on the Bidoof egg image URL when fetching the URL for Bidofo eggs. yourmove.gif

There are no plans yet to do that, though, so the "trick" is still safe.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Swampert rox
post Mar 30 2011, 06:36 AM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 355

Current HeatGold team

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Mar 30 2011, 03:52 AM) *
QUOTE(Swampert rox @ Mar 28 2011, 06:28 AM) *

This is incorrect. All egg images on the site itself use the same generic image for that species. The only time an egg's image URL is unique to its code is when you get it off the Codes page to display on another site.

If you had two Magikarp eggs in your daycare, both image URLs for those two eggs would be the same.

If we really wanted to make it more difficult, we could very easily make it fall back on the Bidoof egg image URL when fetching the URL for Bidofo eggs. yourmove.gif

There are no plans yet to do that, though, so the "trick" is still safe.

Really? I tried it sometime recently and all three image URLs were different.

--------------------

Click to go to my party.

90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed.
If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.

QUOTE(5 Gum @ Nov 9 2010, 05:59 PM) *
If you play Justin Bieber songs backwards, you can hear messages from Satan. Even worse, if you play them forwards you hear Justin Bieber.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2024 - 10:50 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.