Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Life on other planets., Do you think "Yes" or "No"?
2112 Rush 2112
post Oct 15 2009, 06:42 PM
Post #81

King of Nothing. Except whoever reads this.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 50 050

Active Squad

I believe that there is intelligent life, BUT, intelligent enough to get to Earth? No. Maybe around or above the thinking level of the Homo sapien, but nowhere near the technological level to actually visit Earth.

About the whole government cover-up, I think the government cover up "aliens" because they want to make us focus on something else, while they do whatever they please.

Also, a few years ago, I was a huge alien-life-visiting-earth/2012/ghost/etc believer. Scarred me for life, I cannot sleep properly because of that, but I was in Global today, we watched this thing about a caveman frozen and nearly perfectly preserved, nearly EVERY believable and non-sketched picture of aliens I've seen looks similar to this caveman.

My theory? These "UFOs" are military planes or ball lightnings. These "aliens" are frozen humans from a long time ago.

Oh, and just to screw around with everybody, the aliens HAVE to look like the Covenant Elites from Halo 3, no others. Except maybe the Grunts.

This post has been edited by SuperLAZORZ: Oct 15 2009, 06:43 PM

--------------------

One clickers click the Magikarp Egg

Hunting for Shiny Magikarp. Eggs Hatched: 4
Hunting for Shiny Horsea. Eggs Hatched: 2
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Shadow Ace
post Oct 17 2009, 07:21 PM
Post #82

Pie is awesome
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 167

Ace Team

I think there are but they just haven't discovered the right planet yet.

--------------------
The Mystery is in the Contradiction

Objection!!!

True Men cry wink.gif
+Quote Post

Mordecai the Hun...
post Oct 17 2009, 08:48 PM
Post #83

Shiny Hunter
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 54 548

HeartGold Team

I believe that there's a planet out somewhere in the universe that's exactly like Earth, but the people are complete opposites of ourselves, kind of like a mirror word of sorts. As for aliens, I do somewhat believe that there are, in fact, aliens. They could be on other planets outside of our known solar system; they could be anywhere.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Whoot Virus
post Oct 18 2009, 10:36 AM
Post #84

Whatever
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 63 881

Who knows...

Why not?

We mustn't be the only living form in the space.
To think that we're alone... is silly grin.gif
For sure there are planets like ours with 'creatures' happy.gif

--------------------

Be my Disciple!

Goals (upd. 18th June) (click to show)

KantoShinyQuest 58|85 (click to show)
+Quote Post

Panlah Eats Cupc...
post Oct 20 2009, 10:10 AM
Post #85

Flaaffy Obsessed Freak
Group Icon

Member No.: 68 854

SUPERTEAM

I believe it's stupid to assume that there's no life on other planets. Humans are not special, and most people that do reply "no" to this debate are probably just in denial anyway. How dare we put forth the argument that we might not have the only life-giving planet?

We also need to take into account that there are a crapton of elements with the potential of supporting life if given the opportunity. While we ourselves are carbon based, there might be a race elsewhere based on silicon, or sulfur.

I think the reason other intelligent life hasn't actually tried to make contact is because the lot of us are stupid, warfaring numbskulls, and they don't want to get involved in THAT mess.

--------------------
Hello. My name is Pan and I'm a pokemon addict. I love Flaaffy and ANYTHING Flaaffy. I support the first two generations of pokemon. LONG LIVE KANTO AND JOHTO.

99.8 percent of anime fans are obsessing over Naruto. If you are the last few of the clan who can think up three better animes than this, paste this on your profile. Sorry and no offense to any Naruto fans.
- Darker than Black - Utawarerumono - Princess Tutu -
DAMN STRAIGHT
+Quote Post

Berycled
post Oct 20 2009, 09:08 PM
Post #86

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 629

Active Squad

http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showtopic=23860

I hate to plug another thread, but recently the history channel's "The universe" said that there might be a planet with a liquid ocean, and thus life. I wrote a thread about it.

Personally I believe in aliens and UFO's, but I doubt we're going to learn the truth any time soon.

--------------------

For now, my collection of noveltie species is complete, including the new summer swinub however, i'm looking for shinies, for specific genders, for specific users (YES! i want a dracowymsy bred by commander wymsy and a zergoose bred by Zerxer and a Bidofo bred by Big Bidoof! Wanna make something of it?) and the goal is always pure breeding pairs whenever possible.

I finally got all the corrupted forms, after lots of hard work. i do need lugia. since i turned the only one i got into shadow lugia. i need ditto and i need unown and lots of legendaries.

however, new novelties are coming out all the time, and if new ones come out, i will need them.

Currently breeding winter vulpix and summer swinub.
Currently hunting a male shelderboy.
+Quote Post

NoirOverlord
post Oct 21 2009, 05:24 PM
Post #87

Despair- for I am the end of days.
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 534

SoulSilver Team

I beleive there's life on other planets. Intelligent life, not just animal life. There's no GUARANTEE that there's intelligent life, but in my opinion there's at least alien ANIMAL life. If Earth can become habitable, there is NO WAY no other planet can develop life. The Universe is INFINITE, how much sense would it make for there to be ONE planet with life on it out of the countless billions of worlds out there?

--------------------
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
+Quote Post

Azreth
post Oct 21 2009, 05:38 PM
Post #88

Azreth
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 423

Active Squad

I could seriously doubt that we are the only living beings in this entire galaxy. Sooooo.... Yes, I believe that there is other life.

--------------------

Hello! Please click my eggs? I'll be happy to return the favor!!
+Quote Post

Meyerken
post Oct 22 2009, 09:33 AM
Post #89

Pokémon Collector
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 021

Active Squad

There must be life out there somewher. But to believe that this life, if it's intelligent and evolved enoug, would get into their UFO and go searching earth out of a trillion planets is pretty foolish. lol.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Adriana88
post Oct 22 2009, 10:41 AM
Post #90

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 235

Active Squad

The space is so big, that we can not even imagine that. I believe that there is life on some other planet, I believe God have gained life to somebody else too (I mean, why would be the only ones in such a huge space). They probably look just as we do. I am Christian, so that is my opinion. If I weren't, I would probably think on some other way. happy.gif

--------------------

Click my eggs.

I claim politoed.gif and torterra.gif
+Quote Post

bijoukaiba
post Oct 23 2009, 12:52 AM
Post #91

Proud NB Gator & writer
Group Icon

Member No.: 45 767

My Sapphires

As everyone has said before... with the universe being as big as it is, I believe there must be life out there somewhere. Maybe not intelligent life, but possibly single-celled organisms. Tying in with that, maybe there are new elements out there somewhere as well.

I remember an interesting theory I read somewhere said that there might be a parallel universe, where our alternate forms are carrying out the lives we could've had. For example, if I had gone to a different college, or if I had never had a seizure.

You never know... perhaps somewhere far away, right now, there could be intelligent life forms questioning if there is any other life in the universe (because they don't know about us yet).

The idea of intelligent life is so fascinating on so many different levels! I am a bit more fascinated with the idea of the COGNITIVE traits the life forms would hypothetically possess, rather than biological/physical stuff. Do they form societies? Do they have a religion? Do they have emotions? How 'intelligent' are they?

Someone get me a spaceship, I want to know right now! omgyay.gif Beam me up, Scotty! lol.gif

--------------------

I BLEED ORANGE AND BLUE!
+Quote Post

Zoreta
post Nov 19 2009, 08:46 PM
Post #92

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 486

Active Squad

Depending on your parallel universe/ time travel theory of choice, alien life may be guaranteed by default, if any life that does not have an ancestor born on the planet beneath my feet is considered alien. Depending on your definition of alien, you could even consider the children of the bacteria and microbes that went with our astronauts in to space to be aliens. Perhaps not alien in origin, but extra-terrestrials.

If you aren't a parallel universe fan, then even within the trillions of stars, it's unlikely that we're the sole lottery winner, so to speak- given that the universe is constantly shifting and galaxies and planets are constantly forming or being destroyed, at some point the combination would have come up again. A bit like the infinitely many monkeys on typewriters, if all combinations are possible, then all combinations will appear.
I think we pull the net too small in the mouth when we look for hospitable planets- right here on Earth we have microbes that thrive well above boiling or below freezing.

Intelligent life is a different kettle of fish, though, as we only have one example of a species that became intelligent enough to consciously explore space- us. We don't know how often a species forms that has reached or exceeded our level- personally, I believe they are out there, but likely too far off to actively visit Earth. Even going at near-light speed, it would take years for any alien life to meet us, with no guarantee that we would still be there. The only evidence of our existence is radio signals from Earth, and those have only been broadcasting for 70 or so years- meaning that any alien visitor would have to be within 70 light years of us to even know we exist, and within 35 lightyears to be just arriving now- just a stone's throw in cosmic terms.

--------------------
+Quote Post

TTD
post Nov 19 2009, 08:48 PM
Post #93

In reverence, she shall speak my name.
Group Icon

From: Relegated to the obsidian of freezing celestial bodies.
Member No.: 2 480

Sorrowful Frost

I'm a Calvinist Christian, and I believe there coudn't possibly be life on other planets due to that fact.

--------------------
Credits! (click to show)
Gym Badges and Frontier Symbols! (click to show)
If you like metal... (click to show)
+Quote Post

SamanthaNatalie
post Nov 19 2009, 08:50 PM
Post #94

Group Icon

Member No.: 63 443

Active Squad

Its definatly a possibility!
+Quote Post

qgag
post Jul 26 2010, 11:57 AM
Post #95

Ne vous fiez pas au apparence...
Group Icon

Member No.: 78 866

PANE

Well, if i base my opinion on what I know about Evolution and The Beginning Of Life On Earth, I say: "Why Not?!"

If life truly began like They say it did, well it not only could, but WOULD have happenned! I mean, it's like in the video game called "Spore". We come from a long way and we have a long way to go! And in Spore, not only do you evolve, but other species evolve too!! so it could all be true!!

--------------------

My First ever Roleplay character just got accepted!! Check Simon Shay out!

Thanks To GirlCalledBob For This

weavile.gif houndoom.gif Master Of Darkness!! houndoom.gif weavile.gif

my teams and groups (click to show)
My Shinies (click to show)
+Quote Post

duck
post Aug 19 2010, 02:06 AM
Post #96

woof
Group Icon

Member No.: 37 597

My Roster (I wish!)

definitely. in one of the non-tabloid newspapers I saw an article about micro-organisms on mars

--------------------
*eats cecil*

I also have:

Click here and I will bite you! dowant.gif
+Quote Post

Haruaya
post Aug 20 2010, 02:34 PM
Post #97

I tried to be dipolmatic, but mostly I just lied a lot
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 196

Rawr, mine

Yes. If we are able to live on Earth, then why do we question the fact that there could be life on other places? If there is at least ONE place to sustain life, there must be at least one more. Its probaly in another universe, so far away that we may not be able to see or at the least, go to. I belive that there must be life on other plants, as there are other people on Earth, thinking we are the only life out there, is well, selfish. The other life out there, probaly wonders if there the only ones out there too. I assume, that there MUST be at least ONE living thing out there, it may not even be human like or even abled to move. It may be close to a plant. Think about it, if we can live on Earth and evolved to live here, then whose to say that they haven't evovled to live on there plant.

--------------------
[img]
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every moment of it

<a href="http://sammy-kanjikodomo.deviantart.com/" target="_blank">http://sammy-kanjikodomo.deviantart.com/
Please visit! If you hae one, you can friend me, if ur my friend. :P

<a href="http://"http://gpxplus.net/user/kazza"" target="_blank"></a>

[

credits (click to show)

Stuff (click to show)

Anyone who thinks they have psychic powers, copy and paste this into your signature.
Just kidding is just hurting

If you belive in MarthxSamus or ZeldaxLink.Copy and paste this in your signture.
I am a crazy artist whose trying to get good at drawing.
99.8 percent of anime fans are obsessing over Naruto. If you are the last few of the clan who can think up three better animes than this, paste this on your profile
90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed.
If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.
I live in the South.Rules really dont apply here.
+Quote Post

Hamburger
post Aug 21 2010, 06:31 AM
Post #98

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 110 695

Active Squad

Yes. Think about it. There are millions of galaxys with millions of stars in each of them. So, There is bound to be at least one planet with life on it that isn't earth. But they wouldn't be very intelligent i'm guessing

--------------------
Hamburger

+Quote Post

Wingcap
post Aug 21 2010, 10:49 AM
Post #99

The Champion of Sinnoh~
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 714

My Favourites~

Did you ever think, that what you think could be an alien, could think you are an alien? hmm.gif

Although, I think, due to the vastness of the universe, there definitely is. However, due to said vastness, we may never find it/them.

This post has been edited by Wingcap: Aug 21 2010, 10:52 AM

--------------------

[Me][My Bro]
(click to show)

Nintendo 3DS FC: 3024-6524-0103|NNID: Wingcap|Steam: Wingcapx

pretty much everything credit Cycloneblaze, except the egg
+Quote Post

coolcat101s
post Jan 15 2011, 11:17 AM
Post #100

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 106 454

Active Squad

it's nearly impossible for there not to be some form of life as we know it when you add in life in forms that we can't imagine well then thats something else entirely and I really have no idea what kind of stistics that would have. Microbe life most likely yes, multi celled life less likely but still possable, intellegent life, unlikely but there is still a chance.

This post has been edited by coolcat101s: Jan 15 2011, 11:18 AM

--------------------
links and quizes (click to show)

my pokésona (click to show)

thank you ^^ (click to show)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 01:17 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.