Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Are social skills needed to get a gamecube?
Georgio
post Mar 16 2012, 11:03 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 160 744

Active Squad

I'm having flashbacks as to the time that I didn't get a gamecube when I first asked for it in time for the newer games Mario Kart Double Dash in 2003 and Pokemon Colosseum in 2004. I felt like I had been cheated. I spent 6.5 hours at school with friends only and played their sports and did things and was a good kid. I was 12 when both those games came out but I couldn't get them until I was 13. Then when I ordered Colosseum on January 1, 2005 with my gift card for Target, my mom yelled at me. Is that because I got it when I was a teenager? Instead I was forced to play basketball instead of doing that and having a gamecube because of the way this house is run. Which is why I say I'll never play basketball again and she got grandma an expensive ring instead. I don't agree with what people say about this matter on answersbag either.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Mar 16 2012, 03:08 PM
Post #2

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 30 281

space team

It's just a bit more complicated than that......

Well first off, what do you mean social skills? Social skills with your friends? Your parents? That's a very ambiguous term.

Second, there's literal and figurative ways to "get a gamecube". In order to get a gamecube in a normal market economy, literally all you need is the money required to make the exchange. Figuratively, again, it's a bit more complicated than that. There's obtaining the money, getting to where the exchange is to take place, which requires a mode of transportation, cultural roles of age and maturity, which at certain ages would prevent the exchange from taking place, which in itself has several factors, etc.

This is a very strange and ambiguous question as far as what kind of answer you want.

This post has been edited by Reyo: Mar 16 2012, 03:09 PM

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

The Grouch
post Mar 16 2012, 07:47 PM
Post #3

And this is how the world ends.
Group Icon

Member No.: 96 726

but a whimper.

Yes, in fact. Buying products from supermarkets is a very tedious task, and you must first get your Speechcraft to level 100, and even then, you'd only have to be so lucky for them to accept the trade; I suggest looking for a Draught of Glibness or something of the sort, it may boost your chances.

Oh woe is me, I've been playing too much Skyrim.

--------------------
Team (click to show)
+Quote Post

Georgio
post Mar 16 2012, 08:28 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Reyo @ Mar 16 2012, 01:08 PM) *

Well first off, what do you mean social skills? Social skills with your friends? Your parents? That's a very ambiguous term.

Second, there's literal and figurative ways to "get a gamecube". In order to get a gamecube in a normal market economy, literally all you need is the money required to make the exchange. Figuratively, again, it's a bit more complicated than that. There's obtaining the money, getting to where the exchange is to take place, which requires a mode of transportation, cultural roles of age and maturity, which at certain ages would prevent the exchange from taking place, which in itself has several factors, etc.

This is a very strange and ambiguous question as far as what kind of answer you want.

I was 12 when I wanted it. When I said social skills, I meant talking with different people. I don't know what my mom was on but she says I mostly earn things when my room is clean. You can still be mature at age 12 and a ♂.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Mar 17 2012, 02:56 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Georgio @ Mar 16 2012, 08:28 PM) *

I was 12 when I wanted it. When I said social skills, I meant talking with different people. I don't know what my mom was on but she says I mostly earn things when my room is clean. You can still be mature at age 12 and a ♂.

uuuuuuuhhhhhhm OK...Not sure how to explain what it is I'm thinking...mainly because I'm not even sure of what it is myself. I'm still not quite sure what it is you're asking. Are you saying that, at age 12, you feel you're "mature" enough for a GameCube? Well...sure you are...as you say you are...maturity doesn't have much to do with whether or not you "can own" a game system, I mean I had a GameCube when I was in Middle School. It sounds to me like your mom doesn't want you to have one, or wants you to clean your room before she'll consider getting you one, in which case...dude...just deal with it. She's LEGALLY your guardian until you're 18 years old, at which point you'll be a LEGAL adult. If she doesn't want you to have one until then, then that's just something you're going to have to deal with. You either wait until you raise the money yourself, at which point you can hope that your mother will see the logic in "money earned at a job by me can be spent on whatever I want to spend it on", or you convince her to get you one somehow. Even then, though, that's more how independent you are. It's not maturity, it's independence. It's just that independence usually goes hand in hand with maturity.

If you mind me asking, how old are you now?

This post has been edited by Reyo: Mar 17 2012, 03:05 AM

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

+Quote Post

jayrachi
post Mar 17 2012, 06:20 PM
Post #6

Janitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 133 427

wat

1. Go to Gamestop.
2. Buy Gamecube by yourself for a measly 30 bucks.
3. ????
4. Profit.

But yeah how old are you now?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Georgio
post Mar 18 2012, 02:05 AM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Reyo @ Mar 17 2012, 12:56 AM) *
QUOTE(Georgio @ Mar 16 2012, 08:28 PM) *

uuuuuuuhhhhhhm OK...Not sure how to explain what it is I'm thinking...mainly because I'm not even sure of what it is myself. I'm still not quite sure what it is you're asking. Are you saying that, at age 12, you feel you're "mature" enough for a GameCube? Well...sure you are...as you say you are...maturity doesn't have much to do with whether or not you "can own" a game system, I mean I had a GameCube when I was in Middle School. It sounds to me like your mom doesn't want you to have one, or wants you to clean your room before she'll consider getting you one, in which case...dude...just deal with it. She's LEGALLY your guardian until you're 18 years old, at which point you'll be a LEGAL adult. If she doesn't want you to have one until then, then that's just something you're going to have to deal with. You either wait until you raise the money yourself, at which point you can hope that your mother will see the logic in "money earned at a job by me can be spent on whatever I want to spend it on", or you convince her to get you one somehow. Even then, though, that's more how independent you are. It's not maturity, it's independence. It's just that independence usually goes hand in hand with maturity.

If you mind me asking, how old are you now?

Does maturity count? Should it count? Only my sister has been immature for the past couple of years. She even managed to break my N64. Also this shouldn't be about me but in general. I left this debate here for discussion. Not to give out personal information. Don't get technical with me. At the age of I was when Gamecube first began, I was in Elementary School and that's because it came out earlier than when I wanted it.

Also she didn't expect me to keep a clean room until years after, FYI.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Mar 18 2012, 06:39 AM
Post #8

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

QUOTE(Georgio @ Mar 18 2012, 02:05 AM) *
Does maturity count? Should it count?

To get a gamecube? Absolutely not. You can buy a GC without talking to anyone if you're lucky. Bonus points if bought it online.

This post has been edited by Dazmi: Mar 18 2012, 06:40 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Georgio
post Mar 18 2012, 09:52 AM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Dazmi @ Mar 18 2012, 04:39 AM) *
QUOTE(Georgio @ Mar 18 2012, 02:05 AM) *
Does maturity count? Should it count?

To get a gamecube? Absolutely not. You can buy a GC without talking to anyone if you're lucky. Bonus points if bought it online.

See? You have proved my point. My only parent needs to stop spoiling our cousin who came out in the year after I was allegedly supposed to get Gamecube and show some responsibility for once. All I'm saying.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Mar 28 2012, 04:00 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

space team

That's not quite the point I was making with maturity. No, maturity is not a requirement to buy a gamecube, but there's the physical transaction that needs to take place, which requires things like money, modes of transportation, and the independence to enact the transaction in a way that will complete the trade (as in making sure the guy doesn't take one look at you and start wondering where your mommy is). Those tend to come with maturity, which is why I mentioned it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 09:01 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.