Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, New generation, new games!
Killer Zylos Wol...
post Jan 12 2013, 09:47 PM
Post #101

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 87 995

Team Sinnoh

QUOTE(Sora the Pikachu @ Jan 12 2013, 07:49 PM) *
This game looks really promising, let's just hope they don't bomb these designs like Nintendo did with Gen. 5.

Not like such a thing happened. Designs are subjective, each generation the designs get liked and disliked no matter what, it wont be different this time.

QUOTE(Morgoth @ Jan 10 2013, 05:51 AM) *
QUOTE(BLACKFOX @ Jan 10 2013, 01:57 AM) *
And what happen to the diamond things and color names? ;n; They could have used Obsidian and Quartz to be quite honest. Guess they're running out of good names? XI

It's pretty much based on the YXZ axis, since they're the first 3D versions. X the horizontal axis, Y the vertical one and Z the axis of how much things pop out, pretty much the depth.

So no, they're not running out of ideas. They could use hundreds of gems or colors. It actually has a meaning.

It's defiantly based on DNA stuff too, considering the DNA strand thing in the Pokemon logo(I think it's only on the Japanese one though). It was only a matter of time they went away from colours and that, I figured this would happen, was surprised to see X and Y though. I'm glad they did it.

This post has been edited by Killer Zylos Wolf: Jan 12 2013, 09:51 PM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Jan 13 2013, 07:43 PM
Post #102

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

I was able to buy a used 3DS yesterday at a good price, so now I'm all set. I'm glad I saved up my Christmas money! ^_^ It's in great condition, and it's in one of my favorite colors: teal!

I hope the 3DS will be hosting multiple Gens of Pokemon, just like the DS. I bought that used, too, and it ended up being well worth the money since so many main series games were on it.

Black 2 runs faster on my 3DS than my DS, and it ran fast on the old DS to begin with. I'm guessing this thing is pretty powerful. I can access the Dream World again, too, since the 3DS can connect to WPA2 internet.

Which reminds me: I wonder if the Dream World is going to continue to be part of XY? It's a good way to get any old Pokemon they don't want to add to the main game. The trailer artfully left out the bottom screen in order to prevent interface spoilers, and that would have been a good way to tell if it was re-included or not, unless they put the access point in a special section of someone's house or a Pokemon Center while reserving the bottom screen for other stuff.

It's not crucial to include, especially since the DW was frustrating as hell to navigate due to all the restrictions on it, but they built the website and held a lot of promotions and tournaments on it, and the DW seemed fairly big to just drop by the wayside after two games. Then again, overworld walking Pokemon were abandoned after only one.

I'm just still excited. >u< It feels like yesterday when I was playing with those Gen 5 AR codes that put the camera behind you and allowed you to see the game from the POV of the trainer. I had so much fun and wished an official game was made in the style. Now, here it is! It's like my wish was granted.

--------------------
+Quote Post

xueric
post Jan 14 2013, 06:36 PM
Post #103

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 186 015

Active Squad

Hmm...I might get this game...if I can get my hand on a 3DS, that is...
+Quote Post

Shy23456
post Jan 16 2013, 01:27 PM
Post #104

Rufflet Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 178 387

Flying Party

Yay! grin.gif I like Pokemon Y! My Pokemon Fav: Pokemon Y, Pokemon Black 2 Version, Pokemon White! a Pokemon Black 2 Version for Zekrem, Pokemon White for Zekrom. A this like?

--------------------

kamina.gif All my pokemon! Pokemon Baby, Pokemon Chibi, Pokemon Teen, and Pokemon Adult! kamina.gif

My Card. woot.gif

Name: Rufflet

Wanted Rufflet Avatar!: http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showto...=0#entry2311798

+Quote Post

Gym Leader Winon...
post Jan 21 2013, 07:51 PM
Post #105

The bird user taking flight into the world
Group Icon

Member No.: 159 391

Flying Free

Customizable trainers? Yes please! It would be such a dream come true.

Although I was one of the people hoping for a R/S/E remake, this'll do well.

Maybe they'll consider a remake later on.

But right now, Gen VI is just gonna be a ton of fun!

I can't wait to get X version. This is gonna be so awesome!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Chrome
post Jan 28 2013, 11:07 AM
Post #106

Catch me if you can.
Group Icon

Member No.: 168 510

Active Squad

I'm really not so happy with the pokemon aesthetics (except for Xerneas and Fennekin).
They really should have stopped with Generation 5 instead of milking the cash cow.

--------------------

↓ These shiny Pokemon wants you to click these ↓

GPX+ Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Jan 28 2013, 01:35 PM
Post #107

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

They'd have to look at whether stopping would save, generate, or lose them money, and at this time, it puts them strictly in the "lose" category. The franchise would have to become unpopular enough that they lose money every time they make a release for them to stop. This game series makes money hand over fist, makes a lot of people smile, and employs tons of people, as well. Stopping would mean Tajiri and Masuda would have to give up on their dreams, a metric ton of fans who look forward to new monsters would be sad, the game staff would be out of work, some of the toymakers would be out of work, and Nintendo would lose a massive chunk of income. The ramifications are far more involved than shutting off the lights and thinking "Boy, we sure had a good run." ;B

Anyway, I'm kinda bummed that no new info has been out yet. I hope some more stuff comes in February, including one or two new pokemon reveals. It feels like it's been an eternity, even though it's actually only been a month so far. ;_;

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yum
post Feb 14 2013, 11:23 PM
Post #108

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 16 031

Yum in GPX+

I'm looking forward to it.

--------------------
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 08:37 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.