Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
148 Pages V  « < 143 144 145 146 147 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
July Community Thread, Shiny rule updated on pg. 100 - still no GPX+ gear grinding posts
Esc
post Jul 29 2015, 02:57 PM
Post #2881

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

yeah I miss ThunderMoss too sad.gif

Anyone upgrade to Windows 10 yet?

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Jul 29 2015, 03:00 PM
Post #2882

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

Nope, no Windows 10 for us yet.

I guess Windows 9 doesn't sound as nice.

Edit reason: accidentally added a second "n" in nice.

This post has been edited by Gryphaena: Jul 29 2015, 03:00 PM

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Hitaka5Ever
post Jul 29 2015, 04:54 PM
Post #2883

is deep in Hitaka Hell
Group Icon

Member No.: 97 935

Battle Subway Team

@Mikaku: Are you cancelling office wars indefinitely or just for the time being?

Which begs the question(s), what happens when someone doing Office Wars with you cancels before a winner? And then if the other user wants to start it back up again, are they able to within the allotted 2 weeks?

--------------------

Need Social Network? PM me; 14/48
You can call me Sladin or Rocky (:
Please do not use my icon for your personal use. Thank you happy.gif
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Jul 29 2015, 04:56 PM
Post #2884

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

I had the preview for a few months and I hated it, so I will try to not upgrade until....... there's really no other choice sealed.gif
I like Win7 just fine.

What happened to Thundermoss? Did they quit GPX+?

I have a 130IV mon but it needs happiness to evolve so now I'm hoping people will feed him some lemonade or other drinks so I can evolve + submit him before reset ^^;
I already fed him one myself.

I'm currently at 333 eggs for Scatterbug (I already got an Inkay but I wanna have all them Vivillon dex entries) xD
Thought it was a number interesting enough to mention here.

Which Pokemon do(did) you guys pick for Office Wars?

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Hitaka5Ever
post Jul 29 2015, 05:07 PM
Post #2885

is deep in Hitaka Hell
Group Icon

Battle Subway Team

QUOTE(Luneon @ Jul 29 2015, 02:56 PM) *
I had the preview for a few months and I hated it, so I will try to not upgrade until....... there's really no other choice sealed.gif
I like Win7 just fine.

Which Pokemon do(did) you guys pick for Office Wars?

I also love my windows 7 just fine so I probably won't be switching any time soon XD Also bc I can't afford a 109$ license for it next year (yes it will cost money after the first year guys, remember that!)

Mikaku picked Bidofo and I picked Zergoose. Its a shiny race so idk if they'll be able to restart it before the 2 weeks are up or not

--------------------

+Quote Post

RicFule
post Jul 29 2015, 05:37 PM
Post #2886

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(Sladin5Ever @ Jul 29 2015, 06:07 PM) *
I also love my windows 7 just fine so I probably won't be switching any time soon XD Also bc I can't afford a 109$ license for it next year (yes it will cost money after the first year guys, remember that!)

Mikaku picked Bidofo and I picked Zergoose. Its a shiny race so idk if they'll be able to restart it before the 2 weeks are up or not

I think you're misunderstanding the Windows 10 cost. By what I read, IF you upgrade within the first year, it's permanently free. But if you upgrade AFTER the first year is up, you'll have to pay. Windows 10

As to the Office Wars thing, it sounds like if you quit, whoever does the quitting automatically loses by forfeit? I don't know first-hand because I've never done a multiple person shiny race.

EDIT - Added link and removed an unnecessary quotation mark.

This post has been edited by RicFule: Jul 29 2015, 05:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Hitaka5Ever
post Jul 29 2015, 06:03 PM
Post #2887

is deep in Hitaka Hell
Group Icon

Battle Subway Team

QUOTE(RicFule @ Jul 29 2015, 03:37 PM) *
QUOTE(Sladin5Ever @ Jul 29 2015, 06:07 PM) *

I think you're misunderstanding the Windows 10 cost. By what I read, IF you upgrade within the first year, it's permanently free. But if you upgrade AFTER the first year is up, you'll have to pay. Windows 10

As to the Office Wars thing, it sounds like if you quit, whoever does the quitting automatically loses by forfeit? I don't know first-hand because I've never done a multiple person shiny race.

EDIT - Added link and removed an unnecessary quotation mark.

I don't know then. But I've been told once and read that its free for a year and then you'll have to pay for a license after the year is over. Regardless, I won't be upgrading bc I'm fine with Win7. I don't think its gonna stop receiving updates like 98/XP was any time soon. When I'm forced to upgrade away from Win7 then I will, but for now I'm fine with what I've got (there's no telling what'll happen in a year or two. I could have to buy a new computer and have no choice but to buy a Win10 computer) If your link is correct, then people can ignore my comment and its my bad

And it didn't unlock Office Wars when they quit, so I don't think its an automatic forfeit. I would assume if I hatched my sh Zergoose in the meantime then I'd win, but idk. I'd need the achievement maker's answer on that

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post Jul 29 2015, 06:16 PM
Post #2888

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 828

HEROES

QUOTE(Sladin5Ever @ Jul 29 2015, 10:54 PM) *
@Mikaku: Are you cancelling office wars indefinitely or just for the time being?

Which begs the question(s), what happens when someone doing Office Wars with you cancels before a winner? And then if the other user wants to start it back up again, are they able to within the allotted 2 weeks?

When you hatch your shiny Zergoose you'll get the achievement I'm pretty sure. Sorry for forfeiting the race, I clicked it on an act of pure rage crying.gif I'm so sorry. Let us both seek answers on wether you can unlock the achievement this way or not. If you can't I promise I will get back to the race. Once again, I apologize for being so reckless.

--------------------

•TRINKET TRADING PLACE•||FC: 4055-4266-5767
POKEMON SHINY HUNTER//XY; ORAS; SUMO; USUM

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

RicFule
post Jul 29 2015, 06:19 PM
Post #2889

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(Sladin5Ever @ Jul 29 2015, 07:03 PM) *
I don't know then. But I've been told once and read that its free for a year and then you'll have to pay for a license after the year is over. Regardless, I won't be upgrading bc I'm fine with Win7. I don't think its gonna stop receiving updates like 98/XP was any time soon. When I'm forced to upgrade away from Win7 then I will, but for now I'm fine with what I've got (there's no telling what'll happen in a year or two. I could have to buy a new computer and have no choice but to buy a Win10 computer) If your link is correct, then people can ignore my comment and its my bad

And it didn't unlock Office Wars when they quit, so I don't think its an automatic forfeit. I would assume if I hatched my sh Zergoose in the meantime then I'd win, but idk. I'd need the achievement maker's answer on that

I don't know if it's "your bad" or not. The way most of the web pages have it listed, it seemed like it could go either way. And a TON of other people were thinking the same thing you did, that after a year, you had to buy it even if you had previously upgraded from an older version.

I'm actually running 8.1 at the moment, mainly because a while back, I got a new computer and it came with Windows 8, which I disliked with a passion. I like my Start menu, dontchaknow. I was glad when 8.1 added it back.

What I want to know is, "Does Windows Media PLAYER run on Windows 10?" I know that Windows Media CENTER is kaput, but I don't know exactly what that entails. And I'm not really wanting to upgrade and lose the Player if that's included in Center. I mean, Player is how I listen to my music, when I DO listen to music anyway.

And as to Office Wars? Yeah. You might need official word on restarting/forfeiting information.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Hitaka5Ever
post Jul 29 2015, 07:09 PM
Post #2890

is deep in Hitaka Hell
Group Icon

Battle Subway Team

@Mkikaku: Nah its okay! If I was hunting Bidofo I'd rage quit too XD Hopefully we'll get an answer about this soon (and hope I don't hatch a shiny Zergoose if it won't count XD)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post Jul 29 2015, 07:25 PM
Post #2891

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 828

HEROES

QUOTE(Sladin5Ever @ Jul 30 2015, 01:09 AM) *
@Mkikaku: Nah its okay! If I was hunting Bidofo I'd rage quit too XD Hopefully we'll get an answer about this soon (and hope I don't hatch a shiny Zergoose if it won't count XD)

Thanks for understanding. It's not like I wasn't getting eggs but it's very difficult to breed Bidofos and not lose a novelty egg. I mean, you have at least to have quite uncompatible pokemon on daycare that are at least compatible enough to breed; if you have them on your daycare on multiply days your risking too much, you'll end up losing an egg you need. It's stressful, that's why.
Ah, I hope you hatch a shiny zeergose AND it COUNTS to your win, making you unlock the office wars achievement. That would make both of us happy.

--------------------

•TRINKET TRADING PLACE•||FC: 4055-4266-5767
POKEMON SHINY HUNTER//XY; ORAS; SUMO; USUM

+Quote Post

Myou
post Jul 29 2015, 07:44 PM
Post #2892

You can't scare me... I'm a Preschool Teacher~!
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 182

~My Team~

QUOTE(The Majestic Mr L @ Jul 29 2015, 02:28 AM) *
QUOTE(Myou @ Jul 29 2015, 07:14 AM) *
I think the only thing that really got to me were places like Sky Tower (Red/Blue Rescue Team)

Sky Tower. konata.gif
I played Blue Rescue Team very briefly at my friend's and that was one of the places I went to. The music there is one of my favorites in the series.

Oh and if I'm gonna talk about music, Dialga's Fight to the Finish. I have no words.

Yeah, I really liked the music for Sky Tower. It's part of what allowed me to complete the dungeon whenever a particularly hard-to-kill mon came up. I also really liked Mt. Thunder, Great Canyon, Mt. Blaze (I actually used to do my gummi farming there just so I could listen to the music), Mt. Blaze Peak, Frosty Grotto, and the Swamp friend area (it reminded me of pirates, for whatever reason).

Dialga's Fight to the Finish is indeed a great song, especially since I also like Temporal Tower preceding it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Jul 29 2015, 08:55 PM
Post #2893

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

Welp, I was in a car accident today. And I don't want to go through that experience ever again. I may have messed a guy's back up bad, and on top of the depression I ALREADY feel from that, I have a feeling I'm going to get sued for medical expenses. I can't even afford the ticket I'm getting for this, let alone doctor bills and anything else that might be wrong with him. I don't know what to do.

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Jul 29 2015, 09:05 PM
Post #2894

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

QUOTE(Doom Hunter @ Jul 29 2015, 06:55 PM) *
Welp, I was in a car accident today. And I don't want to go through that experience ever again. I may have messed a guy's back up bad, and on top of the depression I ALREADY feel from that, I have a feeling I'm going to get sued for medical expenses. I can't even afford the ticket I'm getting for this, let alone doctor bills and anything else that might be wrong with him. I don't know what to do.

Yikes, Doom.

I've never had that experience, I'm glad you're physically alright.

Would taking out loans be unwise?

I, uh, hope your parents will help you.

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Jul 29 2015, 09:16 PM
Post #2895

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

QUOTE(Gryphaena @ Jul 29 2015, 10:05 PM) *

Yikes, Doom.

Ten Rupees says I get little to no help. I may have to just drop out of college if they DO sue, though, because I'll have to work full-time just to make enough money to pay them. And that's not mentioning daily costs of living.

I'm hoping this doesn't happen-this is just worst-case scenario. Hopefully the guy is ok and the worst I have to pay is a doctor's visit.

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

Myou
post Jul 29 2015, 09:27 PM
Post #2896

You can't scare me... I'm a Preschool Teacher~!
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 182

~My Team~

QUOTE(Doom Hunter @ Jul 29 2015, 02:16 PM) *
QUOTE(Gryphaena @ Jul 29 2015, 10:05 PM) *

Yikes, Doom.

Ten Rupees says I get little to no help. I may have to just drop out of college if they DO sue, though, because I'll have to work full-time just to make enough money to pay them. And that's not mentioning daily costs of living.

I'm hoping this doesn't happen-this is just worst-case scenario. Hopefully the guy is ok and the worst I have to pay is a doctor's visit.

Wow... the only car accident I've ever had, I managed to swerve out of the vehicle's way before I hit them (they pulled out of their driveway without looking), which caused me to roll my jeep and become the one responsible for the accident when the jerk drove off, but I never had to deal with someone else possibly coming after me for damages horrified.gif

Hope things work out for you, it definitely sounds like a situation that could screw up your life if it came to pass.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Nostalgic River ...
post Jul 29 2015, 10:53 PM
Post #2897

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 188 887

My Friends

Made lasagna and finally found my pokehunt entry
riolu with 145 now with 149 inching ever so close to the pokehunt achievement with every passing week~

--------------------
Here's my party, Feel free to click and I will click back~

Made by TogeticFTW
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jul 29 2015, 11:01 PM
Post #2898

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

I've only been in one when I was 17 and luckily the dude just hit my car from the side (and my car at the time was older than I was) and homeboy just ended up with a cracked bumper. It was nothing too bad, I generally err on the side of caution with driving anyway, though I am needlessly aggressive at times.

Anyway, I doubt you'll be sued over medical bills, I've never heard of something like that.

You guys know the deal.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Hitaka5Ever
post Jul 29 2015, 11:06 PM
Post #2899

is deep in Hitaka Hell
Group Icon

Battle Subway Team

@Doom: Wouldn't your car insurance pay for it? Sorry, idk how that stuff works when it occurs on your end

*EDIT* I had an Inkay egg in my MW without realizing it XD

This post has been edited by Sladin5Ever: Jul 30 2015, 02:23 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jen
post Jul 30 2015, 02:55 AM
Post #2900

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

Someone hit me in a parking lot. I came out and saw this big dent on the front side driver's side. No note or anything. I don't get how people are so rude, inconsiderate, and stupid enough to hit a parked car. >_>

I have taken the list of users and number of posts, as of this post, so I'll contact the winners by tomorrow. (:

--------------------

+Quote Post

148 Pages V  « < 143 144 145 146 147 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 10:58 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.