Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
142 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
GPX+ Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
Jen
post Jan 1 2018, 01:04 PM
Post #1

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

GPX+ Community Thread!

The December Community thread has been moved here.

If you're new here then don't be shy! The community thread is the place to come and chat with fellow members of the site who share a common interest with you. Talk about whatever you want, whether it's GPX related or something going on in your personal life, just be sure to read the rules first before posting. There's always someone on the forums to read and respond to your posts, so chat away and maybe you'll meet some great people!

Rules
  • Regular forum rules still apply here. Basically don't double post. Don't ask for clicks every time you fill your party. Unless it gets out of hand*, I'm okay with you linking to an exploration Pokemon who needs a specific berry.

*out of hand meaning I don't want to see Pokémon being linked just for leveling or if they need drinks for happiness. These kinds of interactions can be handled just fine by being in your parties and signatures.

• Do not post your shinies here, there's a shiny thread for that. Discussing them is OK though! Just make sure you add content to your post.

• Make sure your post contains worthwhile content. If you're posting an exploration Pokémon to be fed berries then be sure to add other content to your post. Same with discussing shinies. Find people to reply to or start a discussion yourself! Your post must, with the shiny portion and berry feeding hypothetically removed*, not read as if you're talking to yourself. To clarify, your post should not be an out-loud thought to yourself, and should contain more general discussion than just information on your current shiny luck.

*if you were to read your post, skipping over any mention of shinies, the post should still sound like a good post.

If any posts are found breaking this rule then they will be instantly deleted and handed a 10% warn.

• Do not post your GPX+ gear grinders in this thread either. There's also a thread for that. This is mostly for raging at staff or site events that you don't like.

Hopefully helpful examples! (click to show)

• Do not litter your post with swear words.

• Memes and Gifs are allowed, but don't overuse them. If the thread turns into nothing but meme and gif replies, I'll give everyone a 10% warn that was involved because it's just plain out spam! Make sure you put these in a spoiler tag.

• No quote pyramids! Be sure to cut out everything that was before what you're replying to. They can get long and make a page annoying to scroll through, so be considerate to your fellow members!

• A post must be AT LEAST one sentence long. If you’re saying hi or bye to someone be sure to add something more to your post.

• If you'd like to advertise something, then be sure you put it in your signature. Youtube, Deviantart (No smut), Fanfication (No smut), Twitch, adoptable sites, your own minecraft servers are all fine. If you Live stream give a heads up that you're live, but be sure to add content. Don't just link dump. Send a PM if you have any questions about anything else!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Jan 1 2018, 01:05 PM
Post #2

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

It still says December at the top

Happy New Year, everybody! Here's to a good 2018. Hope we all survived yesterday. wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post Jan 1 2018, 01:32 PM
Post #3

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

Happy New Year everyone! Hoping this year is going to be a lot better than last year.

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

Necrozma
post Jan 1 2018, 01:51 PM
Post #4

Hello world
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 250 262

Active Squad

I hope everyone has a fantastic year!

Also, why is the main site offline? That has never happened to me before.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Esc
post Jan 1 2018, 01:52 PM
Post #5

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

QUOTE(Necrozma @ Jan 1 2018, 01:51 PM) *
I hope everyone has a fantastic year!

Also, why is the main site offline? That has never happened to me before.

The prizes are probably being handed out.

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

+Quote Post

Esc
post Jan 1 2018, 02:00 PM
Post #6

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

I got a shiny Novelty Voucher compared to a shiny nihilego voucher others got. Wow. I am fucking disappointed at my own luck. Was number #8 in activity as well....

EDIT: Where's the new pokemon that we were told about??

This post has been edited by Esc: Jan 1 2018, 02:03 PM

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

+Quote Post

TemptingTomorrow
post Jan 1 2018, 02:02 PM
Post #7

Smeargle Addict
Group Icon

Member No.: 158 009

Smeargle Addict

surprised I got a Legend voucher for only 5 ticket entries! Shiny Nihilego would've been neat tho oh.gif

This post has been edited by Stufful: Jan 1 2018, 02:02 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Stark Coyote
post Jan 1 2018, 02:03 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 51 188

Active Squad

lol regular novelty voucher. hm

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post Jan 1 2018, 02:10 PM
Post #9

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 828

HEROES

Happy 2018 everyone!!! It was so strange to wake up so late today, log in to gpx and it was still December all over the site (because of the threads pinned to the top) XD It's ok tho take your time , I'm not complaining I just found it funny.

I'm pleased with my raffle prize, got a shiny voucher plus. On my way to get a shiny Unown with it hehe. After all I was as active as I could yesterday. This prize is more than good for me.

I'm sad about my shiny Zekrom hunt. Ended up catching its normal form because the hunt was up to a gigantic number of SRs and I'm not a masochist. Ever since I installed the version 1.1 upgrade I can't find any more shinies I swear to God. I don't know if it has anything to do with the update since no one mentioned it. Maybe I'm just being reeeeeeeaaaally unlucky.

--------------------

•TRINKET TRADING PLACE•||FC: 4055-4266-5767
POKEMON SHINY HUNTER//XY; ORAS; SUMO; USUM

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post Jan 1 2018, 02:18 PM
Post #10

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

I ended up getting a second Shiny Voucher from the raffle. I would have LOVED to get a voucher for Sh. Nihilego or a shiny legend but I'll take what I can get. I don't know what I'll use it on, if I use it at all. I still have a Shiny Voucher from the coin event last year I haven't used yet. I'll probably use it on one of the Unown if I do end up using it.

So how is everyone spending their New Years? I'm playing Breath of the Wild at the moment while I'm waiting for supper to cook. We're having a turkey dinner, something I missed out on during Christmas because I was dying with the flu. I'm definitely going to enjoy it, turkey is one of my favorite foods.

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Jan 1 2018, 02:23 PM
Post #11

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 584

Diamond Team

Nothing from the raffle, but I only had 11 tickets anyway. Wasn't at the computer for most of New Years. The prizes that got handed out did look nice, though! A little jealous, but them's the breaks. I'm still happy with the shiny voucher from the Hanukkah event.

...I just popped a summon power and started button mashing in the lab. It took a few minutes of getting progressively angrier at the lack of luck before I realized I forgot to use the Adamant Orb.

Here's to 2018!

Edit: And got my Dialga. I skipped over a Cresselia twice while hunting - hope the summoner got it in the end. I'm not actually very good at poaching legendaries while I'm hunting my own. I don't read the descriptions as much as I do scan for the shape of the description I'm looking for (which is part of why I dislike the complicated, long egg descriptions for gens 6 and 7 - they look like legendaries and throw me off), so I gloss over everything that isn't what I'm looking for. For the record, Dialga has a pretty distinctive shape, but Ralts looks rather similar. Ho-Oh and Lugia are by far the easiest to spot. Cresselia, Groudon, and Rayquaza are a bit tricky because they're short and unobtrusive. Lati@s and Shaymin are especially bad because they don't have unusual descriptors and look like other common eggs.

This post has been edited by Alex Mercer: Jan 1 2018, 02:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Jan 1 2018, 02:43 PM
Post #12

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

Happy New Year, all! I'm just sitting around doing a whole bunch of nothing today. Just taking some time to rest and relax.

I didn't get anything for the raffle because I had literally one entry, but I'm not mad. My fault for not participating as much as I could have. :P I know some people are a bit upset at what they got, but hey, it's a raffle. No guarantees of anything, even if you worked hard to collect entries.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Necrozma
post Jan 1 2018, 02:44 PM
Post #13

Hello world
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 250 262

Active Squad

I only had two entries, so I was surprised when I got a Novelty Voucher. I am quite pleased with it and used it to get a Zygarde core forme.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Jan 1 2018, 02:48 PM
Post #14

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 584

Diamond Team

Chilling is the best thing to do on New Year's Day. Here's hoping things look up.

That does remind me, though... is GPX looking for additional spriters? I'm not really the most committed individual, but I wouldn't mind trying my hand at a few of the Gen 7s that are left. I'm not sure if I could produce something good, a bunch of them are bizarrely thin and that's tricky to work with, but I could try. I have improved drastically at spriting since I made trinket submissions - I have a couple of failed Dragon Cave submissions for proof of adequacy if needed, and I also have a lot of free time at the moment.

This post has been edited by Alex Mercer: Jan 1 2018, 02:49 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Amberfunk
post Jan 1 2018, 03:27 PM
Post #15

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 105 850

Beautiful Change

Got a shiny voucher. Will probably use it for ditto since I've been after one for a long time. Looking forward to a fully vegan year. Started off with fishless tenders and stuffing. Will be making a creamy dumpling stew.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Jan 1 2018, 03:58 PM
Post #16

It's been awhile since I changed this.
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 506

Active Squad

New thread! I don't feel stuck in 2017 anymore.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Jan 1 2018, 04:03 PM
Post #17

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

Hello everyone!

So since this thread doesn't mention months anymore, I suppose it is the permanent community thread?

I suppose we'll see it get to humongous post amounts then.

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Running On Ice
post Jan 1 2018, 05:44 PM
Post #18

There’s a lot of tension in this town
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 626

Active Squad

Happy New Year everyone!

I ended up getting 7th for activity yesterday and was one of the 10 who got the Shiny Nihilego voucher, so I'm pretty satisfied with my prize.

--------------------
FRIEND CODE: 4527-8945-5766; NAME: Laura
FRIEND SAFARI: NORMAL; PM me so we can trade codes

Clubs and Shinies (click to show)

"Don't take advice from people like me. Do your own thing always"- Chrissie Hynde, from ironically a thing titled "Chrissie Hynde's Advice To Chick Rockers"
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Jan 1 2018, 07:15 PM
Post #19

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

Wow, 2018 already. Time seems to be moving faster and faster every year. Also, just realized that Crystal isn't available on the eShop yet until maybe late Jan or early Feb? And I'll be back at work/having classes by then, so I probably won't have that much time to play...Poo. sad.gif

May as well finish up this replay of HeartGold, though. Still want that shiny Mewtwo. Speaking of shinies [and this site], the RNG seems to hate me in terms of getting my actual hunts done.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Myou
post Jan 1 2018, 09:17 PM
Post #20

You can't scare me... I'm a Preschool Teacher~!
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 182

~My Team~

Got the shiny novelty voucher from the event, so I'm pretty content with this start of the new year.

Also, are we not having the egg distributions that usually happen on the 2nd to the 6th? I noticed it was missing as I was reading through the usual stuff at the top. I can see with how many events we've had over the past few weeks, everyone could use a break from the chaos.

--------------------

+Quote Post

142 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:24 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.