Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Month of July (2021)
Darth Krytie
post Jun 30 2021, 10:27 PM
Post #1

This one does not have time for your solid waste excretions.
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 22 312

Team Awesomecakes

Howdy folks! It's already halfway through the year! Amazing, eh? Hope everyone living in certain areas are safe with the heatwave.
Congrats to everyone who participated and/or completed this month's scavenger hunt!

This Month's Explorations:

Three Singing Chatot: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres

Forgotten Memories: Mew

The Quiet Forest: Celebi

Diamonds are Forever: Diancie

Trinkets: July Trinkets are active! As a reminder, the first trinket box opened every day during July will have 4 guaranteed July Trinkets

3DS/Switch News:

None so far as we could find.

Please head on over to Jen's Community Thread for fun, conversation and speculation!

--------------------

Please use the Help Page and appropriate Help Forum instead of PMing me. Only PM if it's something you need me or an Admin for specifically.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Rookie Roo
post Jun 30 2021, 10:55 PM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 196 476

Active Squad

From (one of) the organizers of Moth Month (March 2021's SWSH), and in association with the Discord's #gpx chat, we present to you:

Lovecraft Lovers

"A meteorite?!" now, that was certainly interesting. As a journalist that covered the news of the sudden rise in moth population some months ago, you are already used to hear of strange occurences happening around the world but... "- an obscure, fishy town or a derelict ship?! Man, you really are not pulling the punches, huh?"

Your boss sighs and shrugs at your words. "They are the best leads we have at the moment, and so far the only reports of each one come from local newspapers..."

"But isn't that a little... weird?" you point out "A bigger newspaper would have sent their own employees, or at the very least the local newspapers would have shown a juicy story by now, right? We are not... Uhhh-" you pause, feeling a little sheepish for what you are about to say "- the fastest company out there, at least not usually, nor do we have the funds in order to travel that much..."
And it was true. You usually got into a heated competition with two other companies who were also ravenous for the next story, for the next big 'hit'.

"Well, consider this our newest attempt at getting THE story. We are preparing to go all in if you decide to take the job." and then they give you THAT smirk, the one that promises bad things in your near future "Plus, this could be your chance at a new breakthrough in your own career! I can already imagine it! Your name in the front page of every single newspaper and magazine out there, showing you as the journalist who managed to crack the mysteries behind those places!"

Sometimes, you REALLY hate how easily they can drag you back into that same mindset you had since you were a kid, in which you would jump in excitement at the prospect of going on an adventure.

"So, what do you say?" they say, triumphantly, smirk still in their face.

"I... I'll think about it. That's the only promise I can give." you say, and promptly leave the office once they wave you off.

It's not that you don't WANT to cover the news, its just that... There's something WEIRD with this job, you can FEEL it. It's strange for you to have this kind of feeling, this... Dread coursing through your veins.
You only took a glance at the available photos and read through a small description of each one, but the usual wonder you would have was replaced by fear and uncertainty...

You sigh for what seems to be the umpteenth time. There's no use in fixating in those thoughts right now. Maybe it's best if you just sleep on them, and see what future you says about it. After all, wouldn't they know by then what would be better?

- To be continued?

Amazing Infographic made by Gajeel Redfox!

Hello Hello! This is Rookie with a NEW SWSH THEME!
This time, we are trying to go for a Lovecraft theme, so let's see if we end up getting it! grin.gif

The plan is that, if we are able to vote for this month's SWSH, we should concentrate in voting for:
- Lileep (the stand-in for "Color Out of Space": a meteorite changes the plants and animals in the area, and Lileep kinda looks like an animal/plant that could have been described in that story!)
- Tympole (the stand in for the residents of "The Shadow Over Innsmouth": these "people", also called Deep Ones if I'm not mistaken, are described as having fish-like features, and Seismitoad was the closest one to that kind of antropomorphic description!)
- Clobbopus OR Tentacool (this one is more clear, maybe, but any of those could be a stand in for "The Call of Cthulhu": yes, squids and octopi in general reminds us of Cthulhu, so why not give these two an opportunity in this SWSH?)

Now, this is only a suggestion, and as such you shouldn't feel obligated to vote for said Pokemon (that is, if we can vote for them anyway)! This is meant to be a community effort towards a (possible) shared interest, but if you don't share it feel free to choose whatever you want. For those who are interested, we hope you consider voting for them!
After all, we already have a surprise if you decide to do so, so be sure to come back once the results roll in!

I wonder... What exactly is that surprise...? eyes.gif smirk.gif

This post has been edited by Rookie Roo: Jul 1 2021, 12:24 AM

--------------------
Look at friend please cat.gif

If you need Social Network, or if you have it, you might be interested in reading this.

Shinies of 2020: 112 (click to show)

Shinies of 2021: 130 (click to show)

Shinies of 2022 (click to show)

Special Achievements (click to show)

+Quote Post

Moonlit
post Jun 30 2021, 10:56 PM
Post #3

Go-with-the-flow Private
Group Icon

Member No.: 84 198

Private Army

Happy Bidoof day, everyone! where's Jeff???

Well, let's see, what exploration mons do I need? None, okay! Let's go get me another Zapdos at least! Maybe a Mew after that.

Also, I'm looking forward to this month's SWSH, whatever it may be. I've definitely been more active and the discord has helped keep me here this time... I managed to complete the whole scavenger hunt yet again!

Oh, and be careful with those fireworks to all of the Americans out there

--------------------

Pal Pad for daily clicks, or otherwise. (132/135)
Follow me on Twitter? @Anthimonymous

Art (click to show)

I Love You Kelsey <3 (click to show)

GPX Groups (click to show)

Rookie (click to show)

~ VDex ~
+Quote Post

Professor Eucaly...
post Jun 30 2021, 10:58 PM
Post #4

Not really Australian, but Koalas still bite me.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 56 534

GODSQUAD

Some like it hot!
I still question the veracity of whether these picks are truly Lovecraftian... I still think Guzzlord is the most faithful towards that concept but obviously it is ineligible. The theme of "tentacled things and also a tadpole" works well enough for me, I suppose.

Also good explo picks, nice to return to Kanto a bit.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sign Seven
post Jun 30 2021, 11:00 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 52 628

Active Squad

it's articuno time B)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Eryth Violet
post Jun 30 2021, 11:02 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 400

Shiny

How interesting that the first box opened each day in July is guaranteed to have February trinkets... wink.gif

I don't have any real preferences for the SWSH, I'll vote for a theme if that's what other people want!

--------------------

hi kingis
+Quote Post

ThunderMoss
post Jun 30 2021, 11:14 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 440

Active Squad

Happy second half of the year?!?

I missed Summer Solstice entirely this year.

Happy July everyone.

Regards,
-TM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Supernewf
post Jul 1 2021, 04:34 AM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 238 149

Active Squad

Im Down. Ill toss my votes in for the cause. for the 3rd Pokemon I think Id rather do Clobbopus , unless I see more ppl wanting to go with Tentacool.
+Quote Post

Lunar Eclipse
post Jul 1 2021, 10:58 AM
Post #9

Person of interest
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 224

Active Squad

QUOTE(Moonlit @ Jun 30 2021, 08:56 PM) *
Happy Bidoof day, everyone! where's Jeff???

I never knew that loving Bidoof was not exclusive to Jeff and is a canon Pokemon obsession:
https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/cel...wards-and-more/

Now I'm kind of hoping we can have a bidoof theme event just for kicks and giggles?

This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

This post has been edited by Lunar Eclipse: Jul 1 2021, 11:57 AM

--------------------
Pokeball by ArcticStar. Click for Dragon Cave (plz & thx).

+Quote Post

Oshcara
post Jul 2 2021, 01:05 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 191 374

Active Squad

good luck

--------------------
+Quote Post

koala bear
post Jul 6 2021, 07:45 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 193 376

Active Squad

Excuse me, what"s the pokemon of the explore "King of the Temple" task11?
I don't know how to complete it. Help!

--------------------
+Quote Post

timeerkat
post Jul 13 2021, 10:51 AM
Post #12

Your Friend Who Likes To Play
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 515

bulbasaur army

QUOTE(Rookie Roo @ Jun 30 2021, 08:55 PM) *
From (one of) the organizers of Moth Month (March 2021's SWSH), and in association with the Discord's #gpx chat, we present to you:

Lovecraft Lovers

"A meteorite?!" now, that was certainly interesting. As a journalist that covered the news of the sudden rise in moth population some months ago, you are already used to hear of strange occurences happening around the world but... "- an obscure, fishy town or a derelict ship?! Man, you really are not pulling the punches, huh?"

Your boss sighs and shrugs at your words. "They are the best leads we have at the moment, and so far the only reports of each one come from local newspapers..."

"But isn't that a little... weird?" you point out "A bigger newspaper would have sent their own employees, or at the very least the local newspapers would have shown a juicy story by now, right? We are not... Uhhh-" you pause, feeling a little sheepish for what you are about to say "- the fastest company out there, at least not usually, nor do we have the funds in order to travel that much..."
And it was true. You usually got into a heated competition with two other companies who were also ravenous for the next story, for the next big 'hit'.

"Well, consider this our newest attempt at getting THE story. We are preparing to go all in if you decide to take the job." and then they give you THAT smirk, the one that promises bad things in your near future "Plus, this could be your chance at a new breakthrough in your own career! I can already imagine it! Your name in the front page of every single newspaper and magazine out there, showing you as the journalist who managed to crack the mysteries behind those places!"

Sometimes, you REALLY hate how easily they can drag you back into that same mindset you had since you were a kid, in which you would jump in excitement at the prospect of going on an adventure.

"So, what do you say?" they say, triumphantly, smirk still in their face.

"I... I'll think about it. That's the only promise I can give." you say, and promptly leave the office once they wave you off.

It's not that you don't WANT to cover the news, its just that... There's something WEIRD with this job, you can FEEL it. It's strange for you to have this kind of feeling, this... Dread coursing through your veins.
You only took a glance at the available photos and read through a small description of each one, but the usual wonder you would have was replaced by fear and uncertainty...

You sigh for what seems to be the umpteenth time. There's no use in fixating in those thoughts right now. Maybe it's best if you just sleep on them, and see what future you says about it. After all, wouldn't they know by then what would be better?

- To be continued?

Amazing Infographic made by Gajeel Redfox!

Hello Hello! This is Rookie with a NEW SWSH THEME!
This time, we are trying to go for a Lovecraft theme, so let's see if we end up getting it! grin.gif

The plan is that, if we are able to vote for this month's SWSH, we should concentrate in voting for:
- Lileep (the stand-in for "Color Out of Space": a meteorite changes the plants and animals in the area, and Lileep kinda looks like an animal/plant that could have been described in that story!)
- Tympole (the stand in for the residents of "The Shadow Over Innsmouth": these "people", also called Deep Ones if I'm not mistaken, are described as having fish-like features, and Seismitoad was the closest one to that kind of antropomorphic description!)
- Clobbopus OR Tentacool (this one is more clear, maybe, but any of those could be a stand in for "The Call of Cthulhu": yes, squids and octopi in general reminds us of Cthulhu, so why not give these two an opportunity in this SWSH?)

Now, this is only a suggestion, and as such you shouldn't feel obligated to vote for said Pokemon (that is, if we can vote for them anyway)! This is meant to be a community effort towards a (possible) shared interest, but if you don't share it feel free to choose whatever you want. For those who are interested, we hope you consider voting for them!
After all, we already have a surprise if you decide to do so, so be sure to come back once the results roll in!

I wonder... What exactly is that surprise...? eyes.gif smirk.gif

Looks like two of the three were selected!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Rookie Roo
post Jul 25 2021, 03:19 PM
Post #13

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 196 476

Active Squad

Amazing poster made by Gajeel Redfox!

Lovecraft Lovers, pt. 2

"Ok, you win. I thought about it for some days and... Fine. I'm in" you say as you enter your boss' office, a fiery look in your eyes.

"I knew you were going to say that!" they smile, but almost immediately frowns, voice lowering considerably into an almost whisper "but, we may have some small complications... Or rather, some new info that you might want to consider first."

And just like that, you stop. Maybe it is not too late to go back? Maybe you could choose something less... Spine-chilling. You took some days to think about it, and with those days the dread lessened until it almost disappeared, but now that you are in front of those places once again, you can't help but feel it rise again. The air starts feeling oppresive, the walls enclosing on you, and that same cold feeling coursing through your veins that makes you want to run, to get out of there, fast, now, NOW-

No.

You won't let your fear consume you. Not now. Not again. You made a decision, and now you are going to see it through. For better or worse, you ARE going to see it through!

"-ey, you okay?" your boss says, looking a little worried.
"Yes, of course. Just tell me this new information you have." you brush them off and find pride in the control of your own voice.
They give a second glance, silently asking if you are okay, but continue on once they notice that you already made your own decision.
And they should know, since it wouldn't be a huge stretch to say that they treated you as if you were of their own flesh and blood.

"Each place got a new update, and I'm sure you'll be interested in that.
First of all, the meteorite site now has no meteorite. While trying to study the meteorite's composition, a strange lightning storm hit the town where it was a couple days ago, and the rock was no more."
"Wait, but then what is the interesting of this one?"
"Well, the fact that the rock isn't there anymore of course! Meteorites just don't disappear, right?" and well, now that they spell it out like that, there IS something strange happening. But still, if there's no meteorite, then there isn't anything to report, so why would- "and some scientists described something along the lines of a 'new color' coming from its core, so maybe it's worth it to check it out."

And yeah, you can nod at that. Before you can even begin to think of a way to describe the disappearance of a meteorite, nevermind describing a new color from the sounds of it, you continue "What about that weird town?"
"Oh, that one" your boss chuckles "Well, you remember how I said it was fishy? Turns out its fishy in a lot of ways. Some adjacent towns have reported a strong, unpleasant odour coming from there: the smell of fish heavy in the air. They also think that the smell is attracting... Something, given that their belongings have been mysteriously disappearing over the week."

So... Thieves? Kind of a stretch that one, but it might be worth it to check it out.

"And about the derelict ship... Turns out it had two sailors on board. Anyway, while they were at the hospital, the Norwegian one claimed that there was an uncharted island but refused to talk more about it. As for the other sailor... Well, the authorities didn't give much information."
"So you want me to o visit them so that I can get try my best at drawing that information out of them?"
"I knew you would get it!"
You pinch the bridge of your nose, trying to keep an incoming headache at bay.

"So... What story are you going to chase now that you have more information?"

And wasn't that the question you've been thinking about since the first time they presented you the options?
You shake your head and vow to yourself to just go ahead and follow your instincts...
Not that it helps a lot when they are already screaming at you not to take any offer.

But, honestly, what could go wrong?
No, you are definitely not going to think how that sounds as something that you would hear or read in a cliched horror story.
DEFINITELY not thinking about it.

- To be continued (in the next month's post!)

°~°

Hi everyone! Rookie here! I promised to continue the story! And... after almost half the month I managed to finish it with some slight modifications to the continuation because Nickit came, literally, out of nowhere. Thankfully, "fishy" can be interpreted in different ways so... Yeah, I capitalized on that, woops. Also: Halfway through the SWSH! Hope everyone is having a good time and already got a shiny!

Now, excuse me while I thank Gaj once again for that MAGNIFIC poster. Holy mackerel Gaj, you are super talented and it was amazing to work with you!

ALSO want to say that I'm already working on the ending for this story AND on some polls for the next SWSH... So keep your eyes peeled for the next official monthly post that will have post from me containing both the continuation of the story AND a nice link to this new thread... Or maybe two... Or maybe it will take me a LITTLE bit of time to finish it because life is hectic, BUT I will do it eventually so... It's just a matter of waiting, teehee.

Thank you everyone, and I hope you like the story!

--------------------
Look at friend please cat.gif

If you need Social Network, or if you have it, you might be interested in reading this.

Shinies of 2020: 112 (click to show)

Shinies of 2021: 130 (click to show)

Shinies of 2022 (click to show)

Special Achievements (click to show)

+Quote Post

Gajeel Redfox
post Jul 25 2021, 04:16 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 873

Sushi Squad

Something is fishy alright, Nickit stole Tympole's spot right from under our noses!

This post has been edited by Gajeel Redfox: Jul 25 2021, 04:17 PM

--------------------
Signature Not Created By Me

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 10:35 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.