Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
legalization of marijuana, why not?
Lord Raven
post Jun 19 2009, 10:43 PM
Post #41

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

Not all potheads failed eighth grade. Not all potheads are idiots. I know some potheads that are damn smart; one of them can even play a bassoon really well and he smokes the shit a lot.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

XxXIrisXxXRavenX...
post Jun 21 2009, 01:15 AM
Post #42

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 36 312

Active Squad

Ummm you're wrong.
I hate to say it bu marrijauana is far more angerous than most of the things we legalize.
Here's why.
a. while the stuy said it can prove to help with kimo. What's realy happening is that yes it MAY (very small chance it will) help with cancer, what you're doing is basicaly putting more carcinigins into your body.
b. How smoking it works is taking a deep breath and holding it in as long as you can causing the more toxins to get into your system.
c. Becuase everyone acts differently twards it it can cause a huge increase in crime rate.
d.the only good side to it is that you'd know where it came from and that it was natural but you dont know what pestisies were on it,
e. it wouldnt lower any crime rate because well look at what happened when we legalized alchoal after it had been illegalized the rate doesnt go down.
f. there is no amount that you can give a person in which it will decrease the effects it has on them (besides the high)
where as with alchohal you can delude it you cant do it with marijuana there by it is far worse than alci.
g. the would be a ta on it making it almost impossible to get for a comon man at this point anyway. and it wouldnt cause jobs it would go streight to the government and cut out the middle man completly.
and the fact that it can be coated with things to give halucinations without the buyer knowing isnt too good eiteher.

All of these are reasons why it shouldn't be legalized,
sadly though. I'm for the legalization of marijuana.

This post has been edited by XxXIrisXxXRavenXxXLoverXxX: Jun 21 2009, 09:01 PM

--------------------

Click for click ^.~ it's a bad habit to have but I have it X3 even though it's a total waste of my life.

+Quote Post

King Calamity
post Jun 21 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #43

Philosopher
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 187

Wonders of Existence

QUOTE(ZeroVX @ Jun 19 2009, 01:22 PM) *
QUOTE(Troll @ Jun 19 2009, 04:11 PM) *
All this would do is give potheads the chance to get high and not get in trouble for it. No one would use it for any medical problems at all. More often than not, they'd fake something just to get some free pot.
Uh... I don't think some people here are arguing it on the grounds that purely medicinal marijuana should be legalized.

It's not like marijuana is nearly as bad as alcohol or tobacco.

Well, my argument could still makes sense anyway, couldn't it?

no, because weed doesnt make you do any of the negative things you just claimed.

--------------------

Previous Names:
The Enigmatic Trainer
SilverTheIronKnight

EGGS (click to show)

CREDITS (click to show)
+Quote Post

ninjacookie
post Jun 27 2009, 11:55 PM
Post #44

button smasher
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 351

splash attack!

Every person I've known who did pot had a major lack of self control and was prone to violent outbursts. I slowly watched a friend of mine become more and more aggressive over just 3 years of smoking pot. He never harmed me or anything, but it got to the point where I would cry and beg him not to freak out because I was afraid he would get thrown into jail or seriously hurt someone. It was like he would just lose it. Knew someone who got high and whipped his wife with a piece of wire, and many of my friends were seriously abused by a family member on the stuff. My brother was a HUGE jerk on pot as well, breaking things and hurting people and doing really dangerous things. When he got caught and stopped smoking weed he went back to normal eventually.

I don't think anything that weakens your self control should be legal. Sure some people may be fine with a little beer or just some occasional smoking, but others will take to much. I don't even think most mind altering medication should be legal. Me and a few friends were on this one anti-anxiety pill that was supposed to make you less nervous and calm, but all of us eventually started to just explode over little things. Sure we were calm, until someone made us angry then it was like Dr. Jackle and Mr. Hyde. Got off the medication and now I can actually think before I act.

Pot messes up your judgment, I think it should be illegal along with anything else that does the same.

--------------------

~om nom nom~

+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jun 28 2009, 12:11 AM
Post #45

Group Icon

Active Squad

If they're already prone to violent outbursts like you're implying, how is the pot making an inkling of difference?

--------------------
+Quote Post

ninjacookie
post Jun 28 2009, 12:53 AM
Post #46

button smasher
Group Icon

splash attack!

QUOTE(Troll @ Jun 28 2009, 01:11 AM) *
If they're already prone to violent outbursts like you're implying, how is the pot making an inkling of difference?

Because I've known them before they smoked. Really nice caring people who just can't control themselves after they smoke for a few months.

Also, the ones who do quit I've seen slowly return to normal. Did you even read all of my post?

This post has been edited by ninjacookie: Jun 28 2009, 12:56 AM

--------------------

~om nom nom~

+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jun 28 2009, 01:38 AM
Post #47

Group Icon

Active Squad

I know people a bunch of people who mellow out after smoking the stuff, though. :/

--------------------
+Quote Post

ninjacookie
post Jun 28 2009, 01:52 AM
Post #48

button smasher
Group Icon

splash attack!

QUOTE(Troll @ Jun 28 2009, 02:38 AM) *
I know people a bunch of people who mellow out after smoking the stuff, though. :/

Well, they do mellow out when they are smoking it. Its the moments in between smokes that they seem unable to restrain themselves.

--------------------

~om nom nom~

+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jun 28 2009, 02:20 AM
Post #49

Group Icon

Active Squad

But _how_ when pot isn't an addictive drug or ANYTHING along those lines.

--------------------
+Quote Post

ninjacookie
post Jun 28 2009, 02:28 AM
Post #50

button smasher
Group Icon

splash attack!

QUOTE(Troll @ Jun 28 2009, 03:20 AM) *

Pot is addictive. Haven't you ever seen someone who has smoked the stuff for years try to go without it? They have withdrawals, terrible agonizing withdrawals. Very few people don't experience some form of a withdrawal afterward, and those who can quit whenever with no effect usually haven't been smoking that much in the first place.

I have one friend who smokes at least twice a day. If she tries to go without it she falls into panic and will scream out for weed and attack people who she believes has some. Shes been smoking for years though, but I don't know anyone who doesn't at least get agitated without it.

--------------------

~om nom nom~

+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jun 28 2009, 10:38 AM
Post #51

Group Icon

Active Squad

Then that's a problem with the people smoking it and not pot itself, because pot doesn't contain anything that causes any sort of addiction. It's like being addicted to video games or something in this case. dry.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

King Calamity
post Jun 28 2009, 03:56 PM
Post #52

Philosopher
Group Icon

Wonders of Existence

QUOTE(ninjacookie @ Jun 28 2009, 12:28 AM) *

Pot is addictive. Haven't you ever seen someone who has smoked the stuff for years try to go without it? They have withdrawals, terrible agonizing withdrawals. Very few people don't experience some form of a withdrawal afterward, and those who can quit whenever with no effect usually haven't been smoking that much in the first place.

I have one friend who smokes at least twice a day. If she tries to go without it she falls into panic and will scream out for weed and attack people who she believes has some. Shes been smoking for years though, but I don't know anyone who doesn't at least get agitated without it.

look im sorry but either youre lying about your friends or they were on something else besides weed cuz weed does not make you do that kind of crap. and no weeds not addictive, you dont kno what youre talking about. im currently on a weed break after smoking almost every day for a year and it sucks cuz i wanna smoke but there is no withdrawls at all from it.

--------------------

Previous Names:
The Enigmatic Trainer
SilverTheIronKnight

EGGS (click to show)

CREDITS (click to show)
+Quote Post

ninjacookie
post Jun 28 2009, 05:46 PM
Post #53

button smasher
Group Icon

splash attack!

QUOTE(The Enigmatic Trainer @ Jun 28 2009, 04:56 PM) *
QUOTE(ninjacookie @ Jun 28 2009, 12:28 AM) *

look im sorry but either youre lying about your friends or they were on something else besides weed cuz weed does not make you do that kind of crap. and no weeds not addictive, you dont kno what youre talking about. im currently on a weed break after smoking almost every day for a year and it sucks cuz i wanna smoke but there is no withdrawls at all from it.

I'm not lying. I also find it highly amusing that people addicted to marijuana claim it has no negative effects, yet the signs are always obvious to everyone around them. I've heard the weed where I live is laced or really strong though, so perhaps that's why some people have drastically worse symptoms than others. The only problem is if you just get the wrong stuff once or have too much of any form of weed in your system for an extended period of time, you get hooked. Also, you admit that it "sucks" because you feel you want to smoke. That's withdrawal right there, albeit a less serious form.

Keep in mind, everyone is different. Some people are more prone to addiction or negative affects. Just because it may be safe for one person it doesn't mean another person won't suffer negative consequences. And you can't allow one person to smoke if it means their neighbor or child may suffer from the smoke.

This post has been edited by ninjacookie: Jun 28 2009, 05:52 PM

--------------------

~om nom nom~

+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jun 28 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

Active Squad

But that's the thing, you can apply that logic to anything and it'll still hold water.

As far as the "it sucks" comment goes, of course he'd suffer some sort of reaction to that extent because he'd been smoking it every day for a year. It's like how some people don't want to go back to school because they're used to the summer.

--------------------
+Quote Post

ninjacookie
post Jun 28 2009, 06:54 PM
Post #55

button smasher
Group Icon

splash attack!

QUOTE(Troll @ Jun 28 2009, 07:51 PM) *
But that's the thing, you can apply that logic to anything and it'll still hold water.

Wow, I'm not even going to try to reply to that : P

Honestly, at least come up with a response which makes sense.

--------------------

~om nom nom~

+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jun 28 2009, 07:03 PM
Post #56

Group Icon

Active Squad

Keep in mind, everyone is different. Some people are more prone to addiction or negative affects. Just because it may be safe for one person it doesn't mean another person won't suffer negative consequences. And you can't allow one person to smoke if it means their neighbor or child may suffer from the smoke.

I brought up computers earlier, right? Some people will play WoW for a little, go "this is shit" then leave whereas others are known to develop a complete dependency for it, and there's even a video of a kid who went berserk because his mom canceled his account. The video's somewhat infamous.
I can't think of much else off the top of my head, but saying that "different people react differently to different things" really applies to a bunch of things, and isn't exclusive to smoking weed.

Weed isn't even a naturally addictive drug like cigarettes are, so not only is the smoker a lot less likely to develop disease associate with cigarettes, there's probably a lot less secondhand smoke because most people wouldn't smoke it in public. >_>

--------------------
+Quote Post

ninjacookie
post Jun 28 2009, 07:54 PM
Post #57

button smasher
Group Icon

splash attack!

QUOTE(Troll @ Jun 28 2009, 08:03 PM) *

I brought up computers earlier, right? Some people will play WoW for a little, go "this is shit" then leave whereas others are known to develop a complete dependency for it, and there's even a video of a kid who went berserk because his mom canceled his account. The video's somewhat infamous.
I can't think of much else off the top of my head, but saying that "different people react differently to different things" really applies to a bunch of things, and isn't exclusive to smoking weed.

Weed isn't even a naturally addictive drug like cigarettes are, so not only is the smoker a lot less likely to develop disease associate with cigarettes, there's probably a lot less secondhand smoke because most people wouldn't smoke it in public. >_>

There is a large difference with that though. Someone with a game addiction is only hurting themselves. There's no smoke floating around apartments or being inhaled by children who do not like the feeling. Its like a sex addiction. Its not harming anyone else unless they go and rape someone, where it then becomes an illegal crime and they would go to jail. Not to mention you can't do shit when your high, at least with games you can function as soon as the consel is turned off. Pot you have to wait for it to "wear off"

If anyone went insane and beat up someone after a game they would be arrested, just like people who expose others to mind altering drugs should be. Pot should only be used under careful supervision in a hospital when there are no other options. Somking it for fun is a sign of weakness. Honestly there are many better ways to enjoy yourself than to smoke yourself stupid.

And about them not smoking in public? Even if they smoked at home, what would happen to their children who are not yet old enough to understand what is happening to them, or perhaps do not like the feeling? I fall into panic and psychosis if I inhale enough smoke, makes me think people are after me, and honestly I never want to feel that ever again just because some asshole decides to smoke all night across from my bedroom. Luckly he never smoked again after hearing what happens to me, although I almost got in trouble for the screaming. My friends had to smoke somewhere else too, I used to have so much fun watching them get high until we realized what happens if I inhale enough. Its just not fair to the people who would have to be exposed to something they can barley handle.

--------------------

~om nom nom~

+Quote Post

King Calamity
post Jun 28 2009, 08:06 PM
Post #58

Philosopher
Group Icon

Wonders of Existence

QUOTE(ninjacookie @ Jun 28 2009, 05:54 PM) *
QUOTE(Troll @ Jun 28 2009, 08:03 PM) *

There is a large difference with that though. Someone with a game addiction is only hurting themselves. There's no smoke floating around apartments or being inhaled by children who do not like the feeling. Its like a sex addiction. Its not harming anyone else unless they go and rape someone, where it then becomes an illegal crime and they would go to jail. Not to mention you can't do shit when your high, at least with games you can function as soon as the consel is turned off. Pot you have to wait for it to "wear off"

If anyone went insane and beat up someone after a game they would be arrested, just like people who expose others to mind altering drugs should be. Pot should only be used under careful supervision in a hospital when there are no other options. Somking it for fun is a sign of weakness. Honestly there are many better ways to enjoy yourself than to smoke yourself stupid.

And about them not smoking in public? Even if they smoked at home, what would happen to their children who are not yet old enough to understand what is happening to them, or perhaps do not like the feeling? I fall into panic and psychosis if I inhale enough smoke, makes me think people are after me, and honestly I never want to feel that ever again just because some asshole decides to smoke all night across from my bedroom. Luckly he never smoked again after hearing what happens to me, although I almost got in trouble for the screaming. My friends had to smoke somewhere else too, I used to have so much fun watching them get high until we realized what happens if I inhale enough. Its just not fair to the people who would have to be exposed to something they can barley handle.

nobody says that there has to be children in the room when they smoke. anybody who does is an asshole and that has nothing to do with the weed.

smoking for fun does not show weakness. its no different then drinking. its a choice. i didnt smoke cuz i felt like i had to, i did it cuz the benefits outway the consequences, which are no worse then the consequences of drinking.

--------------------

Previous Names:
The Enigmatic Trainer
SilverTheIronKnight

EGGS (click to show)

CREDITS (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jun 28 2009, 08:31 PM
Post #59

Group Icon

Active Squad

You must've had some odd pot, because I've NEVER heard of the consequences you've mentioned in the last paragraph.

There is a large difference with that though.
I thought we were talking about the addictiveness of pot, and the withdrawal side effects. Not the nitty gritty.
People will get addicted to computer games. Like pot.
People will get irritated when it's taken away because they're addicted. Like pot.
Others will not get addicted to computer games. Like pot.
People will get addicted to cigarettes. But this is because of nicotine being an addictive substance. It's more of a forced addiction than pot, which becomes a dependency instead of an addiction that varies from man to man.

If anyone went insane and beat up someone after a game they would be arrested, just like people who expose others to mind altering drugs should be.
Yeah but... pot won't make you volatile like that.

Even if they smoked at home, what would happen to their children who are not yet old enough to understand what is happening to them, or perhaps do not like the feeling?
Then they should apply some goddamn common sense instead of being stupid.

--------------------
+Quote Post

mehitsme
post Jun 29 2009, 03:32 AM
Post #60

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 439

Invalid

Skimmed through the last page, read the others.

I'm all for legalization of Pot. My brother does pot, my father drinks,my mother smokes, and they all have friends who do the same. I've had to deal with the consequences of each for a very long time.

I don't understand how pot is any worse then Cigarettes. Cigs are addictive, cause a lot of health problems and are dangerous to people around. Second hand smoke is horrible, I've been around enough of it to pretty much not have it affect me anymore, but to someone who has never inhaled Cig smoke; it's pretty much an asthma attack. I have never gotten a 'contact high' before, but I imagine those are at least somewhat pleasant to have, even if it's destructive.

Everyone will be affected differently by all three. Some people become violent, some become pleasant and some aren't affected at all(Many of my Brother's friends still function properly when high. They've gone to work high, worked around the home high, and even had civil conversation with their family's high.)

Pot has many other uses besides pleasure. Medical, cloth and other things can be made from it. I do not think Cigs do, and besides giving Chili flavor, I'm pretty sure Alcohol doesn't either. It might also help The USA get out of this..mini-depression. The extra money might be used unwisely, but it could open up a ton of jobs. People who grow it, people who check quality, People who strip down the plant, ect., ect.

If Cigs and Alcohol is legal, than Pot should be.

--------------------
One of these days I'll get around to posting my art blog.
I DON'T have a gender.
It, Ze, they, or Jay(my nickname) please.
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 07:56 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.