Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

 READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

34 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Important Breeding Notes (Yes, I updated this)
Commander Wymsy
post May 2 2009, 11:30 PM
Post #1


Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Posts: 2 684
Joined: 12-June 07
From: ZodiVille $$$
Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever



Delicious fresh topic.

Anywho, we have changed breeding around a bit. As a result, I have typed up some new breeding notes.

In order for two Pokémon to make eggs they must be in at least one of the same egg groups as each other and be of opposite genders (malexgenderless and femalexgenderless works too). Either Pokémon in a pair can produce eggs of its species, but the amount of eggs they produce and what those eggs will be are determined by the Pokémons' rarities. Novelty Pokémon (such as Easter Buneary and Crystal Onix) rarities will be treated as what their non-novelty forms are. So since regular Onix are Uncommon, Crystal Onix would be treated as Uncommon in the Daycare.

For example, I can breed Shellos (Egg groups: Water 1, Indeterminate) and Gastly (Egg group: Indeterminate) together because they share an egg group. I can also breed Shellos with anything that has Water 1 as an egg group.

Here are the rarity match-ups when breeding:
Common and Common - 50% chance of being either species, this pairing produces the highest amount of eggs
Common and Uncommon - 60% chance of being the Common species, 40% chance of being the Uncommon species
Common and Rare - 75% chance of being the Common species, 25% chance of being the Rare species
Uncommon and Uncommon - 50% chance of being either species
Uncommon and Rare - 75% chance of the Uncommon species, 25% chance of being the Rare species
Rare and Rare - 50% of being either species, this pairing produces the least amount of eggs

The level difference between the Pokémon will also affect the amount of eggs they produce. The closer their levels are, the more eggs they are likely to produce. The longer they have been in the Daycare together, the more they will like each other and the more eggs they will produce.

When you breed a Novelty Pokémon, there is a slim chance that a Novelty egg will be produced. When Novelty eggs are not produced, a regular version of the Novelty Pokémon will be produced instead. This is why you can breed an Easter Buneary and get regular Buneary eggs as a result.

Any Pokémon that is in the No Eggs group cannot breed. This includes any Novelty Pokémon that have no non-novelty form, Unown, and any legendary that is not Manaphy. When you breed Manaphy, you get Phione eggs as a result. However, Phione does not evolve into Manaphy.

Ditto can breed with any Pokémon that can breed, but two Ditto cannot breed together to produce eggs.


--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Lolo
post May 3 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #2


Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 837
Joined: 15-February 09
Member No.: 3 748

Active Squad



Thank you for the explanation.

I was getting very confused about what was going on.

I guess as a whole, you wanted rares to be rarer than they were getting to be? Seeing as Eevee was by far the most common pokemon on the website?

Does being the same species as the other parent help at all anymore?


--------------------
~~~ ~~~ Heatran was a birthday egg!
Unown Collection: 25/28 - (Still need I, J, & N) They take a lot to hatch, so help if you can, please!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Infinite
post May 3 2009, 12:18 AM
Post #3


lolwat
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 194
Joined: 11-April 09
Member No.: 10 308

pokemonz



Ah, finally. I was wondering what was going on :/
This will actually add some challenge to the whole "rarity" thing now. Ha.

I have a question, though, do eggs compile in the Daycare if you don't abandon/take any of them? Or do the same two or three eggs stay there until you move them...

This post has been edited by Infinite: May 3 2009, 12:23 AM


--------------------
{}
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Neverland
post May 3 2009, 12:23 AM
Post #4


Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 403
Joined: 27-March 09
From: Winland ;<
Member No.: 5 974

Active Squad



Wow. It's rares are officially rares then, I'm kind of happy and yet not >u<
Those novelty eggs will be harder to get than ever. Haix.
With this new breeding system, the lab is crazy. I see no eggs for the first time.
Then again I guess people with rares/novelties can feel even more special now. =/

Do we get to know the chances of Pokemon breeding eggs per hour? So far all we know is that rare give the least, is it like 25% chance of giving any eggs at all or even lesser?

This post has been edited by Neverland: May 3 2009, 12:24 AM


--------------------

Click please! I always make it a habit to return clicks <3
Neverland (Unowns: 23/28) :: Leirun :: Tiffy
Daycare: ??? x ???
Wishlist (click to show)
Completed Rotom Collection (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Jaxical
post May 3 2009, 12:27 AM
Post #5


Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 81
Joined: 16-April 09
From: Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
Member No.: 11 996

Active Squad



Excellent!!!
So rare pokemon will actually be rare now!!!

Feel sorry for any people that join now that missed the boom of rare pokemon.


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Shiorikazen
post May 3 2009, 12:54 AM
Post #6


Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 285
Joined: 5-April 09
Member No.: 8 315

Active Squad



Thanks - I was wondering why there seemed to be so few eggs in the Shelter and why my Pokemon haven't been producing many eggs.

Question: Does genderless x genderless work as well?


--------------------

Please warm / feed them!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Lolo
post May 3 2009, 01:25 AM
Post #7


Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 837
Joined: 15-February 09
Member No.: 3 748

Active Squad



QUOTE(Shiorikazen @ May 2 2009, 10:54 PM) *
Question: Does genderless x genderless work as well?


Genderless x Genderless has never worked, with the exception of one of the pokemon being a Ditto.


--------------------
~~~ ~~~ Heatran was a birthday egg!
Unown Collection: 25/28 - (Still need I, J, & N) They take a lot to hatch, so help if you can, please!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

PeachyMomo
post May 3 2009, 01:50 AM
Post #8


Cuddlemaster.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 229
Joined: 24-April 09
From: Another world, fool.
Member No.: 15 423

Canine Dream Team



Hmm, it makes more sense but it's also kind of depressing ;~;
I already hardly see novelty eggs or very rare eggs, which the exception of the over bred Eevee and Vulpix.
Now extremely challenging. Gotta be quick!

This post has been edited by PeachyMomo: May 3 2009, 01:50 AM


--------------------

I'd be happy to click back :]
I always click back full parties. I also click new pokemon/eggs you add to your party throughout the day.


Dream Team.

Claims (click to show)
Squiby - Please Click (click to show)
Groups (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

InactiveH
post May 3 2009, 02:14 AM
Post #9


Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 20
Joined: 1-May 09
Member No.: 17 889

Active Squad



Thank you so much now i know how to breed properly


--------------------
Click all Mine And I willclick allyours i can also feed all the correct berries by the way o and if i dont manage to click u back due to the reset i am sorry but when i am online i WILL click u back (sry if u saw this and i wasnt online and u clicked im back now and can click again)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

ElvishSorceress
post May 3 2009, 02:24 AM
Post #10


Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 37
Joined: 6-April 09
Member No.: 8 883

Active Squad



Ohh - interesting update. I had a feeling the breeding system was changed a bit lol.


--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

WuJC
post May 3 2009, 02:48 AM
Post #11


Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Posts: 4
Joined: 26-April 09
Member No.: 16 123

Active Squad



Excellent!!!
Thank you very much.It's very useful! proudbow.gif


--------------------

As long as I'm online, I'll return all clicks.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

oblueknighto
post May 3 2009, 03:36 AM
Post #12


Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 210
Joined: 27-March 09
Member No.: 5 856

Active Squad



Yes, finally an update killing those spammy rare pokemon becoming so common, maybe now beldum will pop up more.


--------------------


Because its battle abilities were raised to the ultimate level, it thinks only of defeating its foes.

My mewtwo is level 100, now if I got that to level 100, how about you click on my eggs and find your own level 100 pokemon.

My current party:



Click my eggs.
You know you want to, if you catch my drift.

My friends also have accounts here now, they always click back, that is if they are online:
DarthWaffles
ShadowLakitu

My clicking back policy (click to show)

What Pokemon Are You? (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Shigeo Kageyama
post May 3 2009, 05:49 AM
Post #13


There's no sense in crying over every mistake.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 24
Joined: 27-April 09
From: Canada
Member No.: 16 570

Active Squad



This helped me out a lot but could someone answer this... how long does two pokemon have to be in Daycare to produce an egg? I have had mine for like a half hour now.... and still nothing :0 Help please?


--------------------
I’m back from a 9 year hiatus.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Omnistiel
post May 3 2009, 05:58 AM
Post #14


*slowly rising*
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 1 147
Joined: 16-February 09
Member No.: 4 001

Active Squad



so , i have to stop breeding my zergoose ...

easter buneary crying.gif


--------------------


Have you ever had this dream of falling into an endless abyss? It's funny how short our lives are, how insignificant...
Have you ever had this feeling of detachment, absence, transcendence ... In the end all of those big words are nothing but loneliness.
Have you ever stopped for a second to think how vast the world is, how many secrets it holds, how many will remain hidden for an eternity...

And then the light flashes and suddenly the whole world crumbles around you... and you're saved.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Brillosaurus
post May 3 2009, 07:38 AM
Post #15


The Flying Dutchman
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Posts: 50
Joined: 1-May 09
From: High above, but on the floor..
Member No.: 17 815

My Dreamteam



pinch.gif *still doesn't get it*
perhaps I should just try breeding something. but.. I have no clue how new pokemon originate!
Example.. a male Eevee and a female Buizel.. how could there something new start from ..those pokemon?!

This post has been edited by Siets: May 3 2009, 07:38 AM


--------------------
Eevee Army (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Flamer
post May 3 2009, 08:04 AM
Post #16


Insert whitty phrase here
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Posts: 2 405
Joined: 27-August 08
From: London
Member No.: 2 757

Faves



Is Zangoose Zergoose's non-novelty forme, or are they completly different things?


--------------------



~Credit to CDB for the banner~
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

JabbaScript
post May 3 2009, 08:15 AM
Post #17


Leader of the Blastoise Armada and the Rotom Navy
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Posts: 295
Joined: 15-April 09
From: The Shire
Member No.: 11 762

Armada ~ Navy



^ I was gonna ask that too.

But I don't think the starters should be as rare... This has put a serious dent in my Blastoise's lovemaking...


--------------------

Party


Admire My Superior Fossilmons!


EGG ADVERTISEMENTS!
PM me with the code for one of your eggs. I'm accepting however many fit on a line at a time. You're welcome. wink.gif
NO LEGENDARIES! They take too long to hatch, taking up room for people's eggs. Plus I'm getting really jealous. unimpressed.gif


CLAIMED

ˇ!JabbaScript's Sprite Shop!ˇ

Blastoise Armada ~ Rotom Navy

Quizzes, etc. (click to show)


Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Omnistiel
post May 3 2009, 08:25 AM
Post #18


*slowly rising*
Group Icon

Group: Members
Posts: 1 147
Joined: 16-February 09
Member No.: 4 001

Active Squad



QUOTE(Flamer @ May 3 2009, 04:04 PM) *
Is Zangoose Zergoose's non-novelty forme, or are they completly different things?

yes it is happy.gif


--------------------


Have you ever had this dream of falling into an endless abyss? It's funny how short our lives are, how insignificant...
Have you ever had this feeling of detachment, absence, transcendence ... In the end all of those big words are nothing but loneliness.
Have you ever stopped for a second to think how vast the world is, how many secrets it holds, how many will remain hidden for an eternity...

And then the light flashes and suddenly the whole world crumbles around you... and you're saved.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

JabbaScript
post May 3 2009, 08:31 AM
Post #19


Leader of the Blastoise Armada and the Rotom Navy
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Posts: 295
Joined: 15-April 09
From: The Shire
Member No.: 11 762

Armada ~ Navy



Is "The two Pokémon like each other a lot." the new highest one now?


--------------------

Party


Admire My Superior Fossilmons!


EGG ADVERTISEMENTS!
PM me with the code for one of your eggs. I'm accepting however many fit on a line at a time. You're welcome. wink.gif
NO LEGENDARIES! They take too long to hatch, taking up room for people's eggs. Plus I'm getting really jealous. unimpressed.gif


CLAIMED

ˇ!JabbaScript's Sprite Shop!ˇ

Blastoise Armada ~ Rotom Navy

Quizzes, etc. (click to show)


Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fantasy
post May 3 2009, 08:42 AM
Post #20


Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Posts: 12
Joined: 21-April 09
Member No.: 13 968

Active Squad



now the rare ones will become actually rare, but it may take time.


--------------------
I'm busy these days, and u may probably get less repayment if u click mine after 12pm. Sorry for that!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post


34 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2019 - 03:05 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2019 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.