Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Metroid Prime 3!
Big Bidoof
post Aug 29 2007, 08:59 PM
Post #1

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

IT'S OUT!!! Who else has it? :333 Mommy just picked up my preorder today - I have yet to play it though, which I will do nao. *poofs off to play*

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Guest_北海の鬼_*
post Aug 30 2007, 03:03 AM
Post #2

Guests

Wasn't it released three days ago in North America, not today? You're pretty slow off the mark, SaS. Europe doesn't get it for another two months, however, I have already played it.

I'm not so keen on it personally... the controls are too over-simplified to suit the wiimote, they should have stuck to using the Gamecube controller as some of the other more sophisticated Wii games do. Also, taking out the multiplayer is completely retarded. Fine, Prime 2's multiplay was pretty simple and limited, but it's great if you have a gaming party where some of the people taking part are intimidated by the more complicated shooters. That may sound hypocritical considering my first complaint, but that's because I am not intimidated by them, the more challenging the better. Also, considering that the Wii, unlike the Gamecube, has a proper online option, not having a multiplayer is a bad move.

I'm inclined to wait and see how the DS version of Corruption works. I imagine it will use the control system from Hunters, and have an online and local wireless multiplayer, since without these it simply won't be as good as Hunters. They can get away with this shit on the Wii because it's the only Metroid game on the system at the moment.

Metroid is about the gameplay, not the looks... and to my mind, Nintendo and Retro have just undone all that they achieved with the first two games on the 'cube. Every old-school Metroid fan was up in arms about the style change, because first-person shooters aren't known for their cerebral side (Bioshock and the first two Primes are the only games I can think of that count as exceptions, and I like shooters). And they proved all the neigh sayers wrong, in spades. Corruption is a step back for the series, and I am royally pissed off about it.
+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Sep 1 2007, 09:31 PM
Post #3

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

The game was released a day before I posted it, but since I was at school from 8 AM till 3 and then work from 4-10 PM I didn't quite find the time to get the preorder, and play it/post.

They're making a DS MP3, or is that just speculation? dumblook.gif;

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

Guest_北海の鬼_*
post Sep 2 2007, 11:48 PM
Post #4

Guests

They definitely started one. Whether or not they actually release it I don't know.
+Quote Post

Q34
post Sep 4 2007, 06:35 PM
Post #5

Dragon Trainer w/ other pokes
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 232

Active Squad

:whoops:i dont have mp3 yet (i still need to get my pay) but im gonna get it asap and if they come out with it for ds ill get that to
:stupid:
+Quote Post

Deadmans Fate
post Sep 15 2007, 04:03 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 220

Active Squad

I just got it. I'll probably go play it soon, but not right away.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 04:24 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.