Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Scariest Moments in Video Games, What's your Nightmare Fuel?
Mars Adept Enten
post Dec 20 2012, 02:30 PM
Post #1

Certified Psychotic Isaac Fangirl and Legendary Dogs Enthusiast
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 18 522

GS Crew

I looked through all 15 pages of this section, and couldn't find anything like this; there were similar threads for music and bosses, but not scary parts in general.

So, with that out of the way, what moments in video gaming have terrified you?

For me, Twilight Princess had some scary stuff. Mostly that history lesson/Nightmare Fuel cutscene/warning on the Fused Shadows. It's pretty much the one thing in the entire Zelda series that has terrified me. And I'm not bothered one bit by the Shadow Temple of Ocarina of Time or the Ancient Cistern of Skyward Sword. I'm also relatively hard to scare. I first played this game when I was 19ish, and it scared me then, and it still scares me 4 years later! Dx.gif Seriously, if I was more nightmare-prone, I'd get nightmares from just that cutscene.

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

My shop! I appreciate requests! cat.gif

Entei stuff! (click to show)

Other stuff... (click to show)

Credit to: (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Quomimi
post Dec 20 2012, 06:26 PM
Post #2

Nerd
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 101 034

Babys <3

^ YES Twilight Princess scared the poop out of me! I was like 8 years old when I played it... And Poes still scare me. Along with most of the enemies. I just have this strange feeling when I see them, I know they're just pixels but still... xD
+Quote Post

The Shadow
post Dec 20 2012, 07:46 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 425

My Dream Team

Every living second of Bioshock 2... Please... Kill... Me...

--------------------

Wanna dance? (click to show)
+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Dec 21 2012, 04:42 PM
Post #4

Certified Psychotic Isaac Fangirl and Legendary Dogs Enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 522

GS Crew

I also got terrified by that whole sudden personality switch with Yeta in Snowpeak Ruins. blink.gif I yelped when I saw that nightmare face of hers. All the folks who've played that part of the game will know exactly what I'm talking about.

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

My shop! I appreciate requests! cat.gif

Entei stuff! (click to show)

Other stuff... (click to show)

Credit to: (click to show)
+Quote Post

SilverLugia456
post Dec 31 2012, 04:34 PM
Post #5

None
Group Icon

Member No.: 102 120

Top Favorites

I haven't played these games but I have seen walkthroughs on youtube and stuff and two of the scariest games I have seen walkthroughs of are Dead Space and Bioshock, I have actually tried playing Bioshock before and I couldn't even get that far in cause i was scared to go around every corner afraid something was going to pop up, as for Dead Space everything about it is scary xD both games, my friend has even told me when they played Dead Space 2 at night...in the dark....alone it was horrible. I would never do that.

--------------------

Visit my youtube Page: SilverLugia345

GPXplus Groups Joined (click to show)

Contest Ribbons and Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Giraffe A Laugh
post Dec 31 2012, 04:46 PM
Post #6

That one laughing Giraffe
Group Icon

Member No.: 66 646

Active Squad

Amnesia: the dark descent
that pretty much just sums it up right there.

I can pretty much play 30 or so minutes at a time before I need to quit playing, otherwise I just get way too creeped out.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Quomimi
post Dec 31 2012, 05:33 PM
Post #7

Nerd
Group Icon

Member No.: 101 034

Babys <3

Is it sad that I still flinch when enemies attack me on LOZTP, a game I've had for like 6 years?
And also, when Poes pop out on OOT. And also when enemies pop out there.
+Quote Post

Jen
post Dec 31 2012, 06:17 PM
Post #8

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

My scariest experience was when playing Fatal Frame 2/Project Zero 2: Crimson Butterfly for the PS2. Saw a ghost arm hanging out of a window that I hadn't noticed before so I went closer to examine it. Nothing happened, so I brought up the camera to take a picture of it, when out of no where this face pops up on the screen (through the view finder, so first person mode) followed by the rest of her body as she was falling down.

Scared me so bad. I tend to not scream during games, I'll gasp really loud if I'm startled by something, but this was a freakin scream. Never again do I go near that arm.

...except I had to cause the ghost that falls has to have its picture taken since it's part of the ghost list.

But once I did get her picture, never again.

---

There have been moments in Silent Hill where I've gotten terrified, but nothing like the Fatal Frame pop scare.

In Silent Hill 2 there's a room in the hospital that repeats the sound of glass breaking. The first time I heard it, it was like "the heck was that... ah well, it was probably a one time thing and won't happen again", and then it happens two more times. The third time I got out of the room cause I started imaging things coming for my guy. ;;

Silent Hill 3 has a storage room with a manikin. Going up to it at first there's nothing wrong with it, so you venture around the shelf that's in there and suddenly you hear a woman's scream. Running back towards where it came from you see the manikin with its head chopped off and blood on the floor (iirc). Creepy stuff.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Jan 1 2013, 12:35 AM
Post #9

Some frickin' video game nerd.
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 016

Unbreakable Team

Nothing comes to mind, but anything where you have to go deep underwater.

I can handle Silent Hill/Amnesia-like stuff to an extent. Going deep underwater? I'm on the Nope Train to Fuckthatville.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Patch Patrat
post Jan 1 2013, 10:07 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 160 458

Bidoof Hunter

Patch says that he was freaked out when the Grunty face was appearing in Game Over screens of Banjo Kazooie/Tooie.

--------------------
YOU LIKE PATRAT? GOOD. THEN GO KILL 4 BIDOOF.
+Quote Post

SaraPiplup
post Jan 4 2013, 09:42 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 181 402

Active Squad

Pokemon BW2 Strange House. The furniture and stuff moves and the little ghost girl creeps me out. But the music is just flat out terrifying.
+Quote Post

TemptingTomorrow
post Jan 4 2013, 09:50 PM
Post #12

Smeargle Addict
Group Icon

Member No.: 158 009

Smeargle Addict

There is a game for the old dell laptop, not available anymore, but in that game was a growing monster that went around the city eating people's heads and sticking their arms up its nose. It was bloody and gory and scared the balony out of me. It also had zombie's riding like crazy. I think it was called Zombie Heads for you. Till Dell deleted it :P

Speaking of zombie's that World War Z trailer scared the dog crap right out of me through my brain. So many zombies on the wall.

This post has been edited by Frozen Wind: Jan 4 2013, 09:51 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

shadowicewolf
post Jan 10 2013, 01:18 PM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 328

Active Squad

The undead in the zelda series. Enough said. Outside of that TP didn't really bother me.

The undead in Skyrim at first.

--------------------

+Quote Post

joseo
post Jan 12 2013, 02:05 AM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 155 560

Active Squad

scaryest vidio game for me is l4d2 not cause the game is scary but i was playing half asleep,in the dark,with max volume and got jumped by a hunter almost had a heart attack

--------------------
+Quote Post

BigDemoband
post Jan 12 2013, 11:54 PM
Post #15

Kiss all aliens 2k21
Group Icon

Member No.: 158 839

Party Rockers

The game moment I loathed most in my childhood was the crocodile section from Sonic Heroes. It was large, moved fast, and was in a section where you had to time your jumps so that you didn't fall to your doom. Since it was in Team Sonic and Dark's stories, I never got around to finishing them until I got over it.

Now it just seems so silly. I breeze past the section without any troubles and now that I look back on it, the thing wasn't rendered very nicely at all.
+Quote Post

BarkingChaos
post Jan 23 2013, 12:38 PM
Post #16

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 100

Sandshrew Army

Although I haven't actually played it, and I do want to still for some strange reason, some of the videos of Ecco Defender of the Future freaked me out. Mainly because of the fast openness of it. I have a fear of open spaces, and even in video games when there's just a big, open space with just nothing, I'm so scared to just go deeper into it.

I was also pretty freaked out from the sunken ship level in Okami. I seriously was not expecting a huge seaweed hand to come up and try to grab you. I actually jumped when that happened and had to pause the game. And another thing, when the faces of past bosses come flying at you, they stay moving around on the pause screen. Oh god...so many times I've panicked at seeing the spider queen's face coming at me and forgetting that irritated.gif
+Quote Post

Karl Marx
post Aug 4 2013, 09:55 PM
Post #17

The Truth Is We Out Here
Group Icon

Member No.: 40 752

SWAMPERT

definitely bioshock and oblivion. bioshock mostly because it's just plain creepy. oblivion because they don't put enemy markers on the map so until you actually hear the battle music you have no idea you're about to be attacked. i've had one too many instances where i turn around and suddenly there's someone about to swing a sword at my head

--------------------
When I'm sad I get in my Pod, I stare out the window and I'm like it's macaroni time

shiny swaggies (click to show)

+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Aug 6 2013, 10:30 PM
Post #18

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

Fuck those fucking clickers in The Last of Us

It got so bad at some point that a) I was up until 4am one day because I was too scared to move from my seat, b) i kept hearing the clicker sounds for days because of just how bad they got and c) i'm paranoid as fuck to get anywhere close to them because then they'll eat my neck and d)

they look like this (click to show)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Levka
post Aug 7 2013, 11:33 PM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 168 341

Mime Mime

There's a few games that scares me or make me feel uncomfortable.

- Time Hollow (DS Game) The whole feeling of this game is just weird... I don't even remember if I finished this game but it was just scary... With these crimes stuff and time travels ._.
- 999 (DS Game) I didn't even have the guts to finish this game xD...
- Persona 4 (PS2) Same as Time Hollow, the story was making me feel uncomfortable for some reason xD

Edit: Also, this short moment in Okami when you have to bring Kushi(?) to the Moon Cave kinda scared me because of the music, it's just so intense xD

This post has been edited by Fang Oerba: Aug 7 2013, 11:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jen
post Aug 8 2013, 02:34 AM
Post #20

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

QUOTE(Fang Oerba @ Aug 7 2013, 11:33 PM) *
- 999 (DS Game) I didn't even have the guts to finish this game xD...

Aww. It sucks that you have to get a certain ending first, otherwise I'd tell you to skip the rest of the optional endings and go for the real one, cause it's definitely worth it.

I'm pretty sure the optional endings gave additional info about the people playing the game, but that the real ending tied all the information together anyway. It was still pretty cool learning everything though.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:46 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.