Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
Chrome crashing while mass-clicking
Lance Hunter
post Dec 9 2023, 02:35 PM
Post #1

Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 31 733

Hatch'em all!

Just wanted to check if anyone else is the same boat or has any tips on how to avoid. Since today, Chrome crashes while I'm mass clicking. I've already restarted pc and chrome, but issue stays.

So, for mass-clicking, I open the max amount in the Berry Feeder (same window), and just mash the number keys to quickly work my way through. This is how I've always done it, but since today, this gives an error from Chrome in about 10 interactions. For now, I've managed to avoid it by just using the same button over and over again, but this is a much slower process than what I'm used to. I assume it has something to do with sending multiple different inputs or something to Chrome so quickly.

Not sure how to upload a screenshot to this forum of the Chrome error, but the error code is "STATUS_BREAKPOINT". I'm on Chrome version 120.0.6099.71

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Cinderegga
post Dec 9 2023, 03:12 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 256 610

Active Squad

I've been having the exact same issue in Chrome this evening!
+Quote Post

Ryuk3112
post Dec 9 2023, 07:38 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 262 981

Active Squad

I've just started having the exact same problem.
I don't use Chrome, but I've tried on Brave and Microsoft Edge (both of which are made in Chromium) and no general troubleshooting resolves the issue.

Out of curiosity, have either of you just upgraded to Windows 11?
+Quote Post

Level-X
post Dec 10 2023, 01:23 AM
Post #4

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 170 583

Squad

This issue was reported on the discord server as well. It's due to a new update in Chromium based web browsers, this includes: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Brave, and Opera. If you haven't experienced any issue yet it's likely due to your browser not receiving the latest change, but it will happen. Not sure when there will be a fix for Chromium based browsers so it's recommended that you use a non-Chromium based browser such as Firefox.
A list of Chromium based browsers can be found here

--------------------
GPX+ Shiny Tracker (v3.1.1) last updated on Oct. 16, 2023

» » » We can help you a lot quicker through the Discord compared to the Forums! « « «

+Quote Post

Cinderegga
post Dec 11 2023, 02:48 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 256 610

Active Squad

QUOTE(Ryuk3112 @ Dec 10 2023, 01:38 AM) *
I don't use Chrome, but I've tried on Brave and Microsoft Edge (both of which are made in Chromium) and no general troubleshooting resolves the issue.

No, I'm still on 10!

Gonna try using Opera for now sweat.gif
+Quote Post

Lance Hunter
post Dec 11 2023, 01:56 PM
Post #6

Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Group Icon

Member No.: 31 733

Hatch'em all!

QUOTE(Ryuk3112 @ Dec 10 2023, 01:38 AM) *

Been on Windows 11 since I got this laptop in August, I assume it's related to a Chrome update. Version 120.0.6099.71 was released December 6th and rolled out over the following days. https://chromereleases.googleblog.com/searc...table%20updates

Guess for now I'll be using Firefox for GPX, and check back on Chrome when there's a new version available.

--------------------

+Quote Post

SallyAnn
post Dec 14 2023, 06:06 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 240 333

Active Squad

Same problem, thought it was just me. Windows 10 and Chrome here but I will try Firefox.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Giratina 5590
post Dec 14 2023, 06:38 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 144 455

Active Squad

Same problem, tried to clear browsing data and history but the problem persisted. I can only get through 8-14 interactions or so then "Aw, Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage. Error code: STATUS_BREAKPOINT"

After refreshing and retrying a couple times a chrome popup asking "Describe what you were doing when the tab crashed" appears.

If you go glacially slow compared to normal mass clicking you can get through the interactions and no errors will appear. Though if you try to go regular speed (even half speed) the webpage error appears.

However hopefully this can be patched or fixed somehow because this is a major issue.

--------------------
giratina.gif Giratina 5590 giratina.gif

+Quote Post

The Kraken
post Dec 15 2023, 09:29 AM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 240 765

Active Squad

Just started having the same issue, I suspected that it was the recent chrome update that caused it (mine just begun looking different this morning, didn't have an issue before then).
Pressing one number at a time seems to be fine, alone with clicking with mouse (but not a number + mouse at the same time), though makes the process annoyingly slower. Hope there can be found a fix soon, I was just trying to stock back up on pass orbs during the event.

--------------------
+Quote Post

realflyingj138
post Dec 15 2023, 01:37 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 231 664

Favorite Legendaries

Same here. Using just the space key seems to at least not cause the problem, but it seems... tedious.

--------------------
+Quote Post

AdmiralPerry
post Dec 15 2023, 10:49 PM
Post #11

Assassin by Association
Group Icon

Member No.: 97 925

My Guards

Throwing my name out there as having this issue too. Windows 10, Chrome updated a couple of days ago. This is gonna suck with the scavenger hunt on now, as I mass-click to rapidly level the target Pokemon. Sadly, using another browser is not an option for me, as Firefox will not work with my computer.

--------------------
Got no place to run, got no place to hide...

Many thanks to the awesome Doctor Octopus for this overworld march!

Click for parties! (click to show)

My Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

ChrisChin94
post Dec 16 2023, 10:35 AM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 86 640

Active Squad

Yup, very lame. My gf and I are having the same problems on our respective laptops. Firefox it is, I guess.
+Quote Post

PuppyToast
post Dec 16 2023, 04:41 PM
Post #13

Part of this Complete Breakfast
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 19 787

Active Squad

We'll be making an official announcement about this issue very shortly but I'll respond here since a lot have congregated here already.

It is definitely an issue with Chromium version 120. Chromium is a browser base, so a lot of popular browsers (Edge, all Opera browsers, Brave, Vivaldi ect) use it to build their model off of and expand on it. However updates to Chrome and by proxy, Chromium based browsers, can cause issues like this being present in multiple browsers.

With some testing we have found that the next stable update of Chrome, version 121 (and subsequently, other chromium browsers after it) resolves this issue. That stable version is slated to release in Late January 2024, but in the meantime you can download the beta version of Chrome 121 here until the stable version comes out.

If for any reason you are uncomfortable with using a beta version of a browser, the option to use a non-chromium based browser like Firefox is still available, as unfortunately it is very much a Chromium issue and the options for Non-Chromium browsers are a lot fewer and less known. If Firefox is not a good option for you, there are several other non-chromium options here.

This post has been edited by PuppyToast: Dec 16 2023, 04:44 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Dec 16 2023, 04:53 PM
Post #14

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

You can find that announcement here - although I'm pretty much repeating what Puppy said pirate.gif

Since the issue has been addressed as best we can, I'm going to lock this topic, but if you have further comments go ahead and leave a reply on the announcement topic.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:26 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.