Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
19 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
August Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
Cycloneblaze
post Aug 22 2017, 01:26 PM
Post #321

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

QUOTE(SilverPT @ Aug 22 2017, 02:48 PM) *
QUOTE(MiyukoKaioh @ Aug 22 2017, 02:57 PM) *
I have been here since September 2009 and I am also among the users who do not like to battle unless they have to (Explorations). I always get squashed in the original games in the battle towers/houses/tree/subway within one fight, so I'm too frightened to do battles here despite having read all provided guides on this site. When battling I usually go by type advantage.

Right now I would have to catch good Pokémon first anyway because I released all of mine before my last long break.

Back then it took me a very long time to even start doing Explorations after they had been implemented.

I'm even up for a Scavenger Hunt NPC (or 5, in this case) like Synx suggested, as long as the difficulty increases. 1st and 2nd battle - One ball; 3rd and 4th - two balls, 5th - three balls. 3 or 6 'mons, all level 76-100.

Yeah, I did say I don't want Scavenger Hunts to get harder, but I am all for more variety in tasks. A Hunt NPC like this could be good. I'm imagining difficulty around the level of Explorations, maybe not as hard as the DotW battle, up to two or three balls like you said, Silver. My BT team is all level 100, but has no care given to natures or IVs (I don't even know what they are), just a good coverage of types for switching and some monotypes for power. And I've done every Exploration battle that's out there in no more than three or four tries. So I don't think this would be beyond most people, I'd support it. happy.gif

and I didn't see anyone flaming or needing to chill either sooo

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Aug 22 2017, 01:33 PM
Post #322

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

Battling tasks aside what else would you guys want to see?
Personally I'd be all for item buying tasks or evolution tasks :P
I have tons of evolution stones in my inventory just sitting there ready to be used.

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Aug 22 2017, 01:47 PM
Post #323

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 56 857

I used to be among the people who hated battling on GPX, but recently I forced myself to get into it so I could get the Furfrou combs. I encourage people to consider IVs and items and stuff, because the Battle Tower can be pretty fun once you have a good team set up, but the five consecutive wins being discussed here honestly require minimal prep work. My original battle team was just a bunch of random safari grabs with a balanced type spread and the tiny handful of gems I'd managed to snag from the backroom.

The AI can be annoying, but it also uses a very predictable set of rules to determine its next move, and it seems to have some deliberate flaws in it that make it less obnoxious. It works under the base assumption that you will use a non-gem damaging move, so it will most often switch to a Pokemon that resists the attack it thinks you'll do, or one that can supereffectively damage your current Pokemon. If either your active Pokemon or theirs are at critical HP (under 25% seems to be the cutoff), it's the very first turn of the battle, their active Pokemon has a double weakness to yours, or you both switched on the same turn, there's a significant but not guaranteed chance that they'll stay in and give you a chance for the KO. Surprisingly few people use hold items on their submitted NPC teams, so if you keep these AI behaviors in mind, it's not too hard to predict what they'll do. Just remember that none of these rules are set in stone, and it's always possible for the AI to choose an action that's not in line with its typical behavior. Sometimes doing chip damage to your opponent is better than making a risky switch. Do some practice battles with your team to get a feel for them and what they're capable of.

The simplified battle rules here mean you don't need to restrict yourself to a small pool of top-tier Pokemon. While some Pokemon will always be better than others, most fully-evolved Pokemon can be viable here with the right build. My original team used Rapidash and Torterra, which are far from being competitive all-stars.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Aug 22 2017, 03:00 PM
Post #324

Certified Psychotic Isaac Fangirl and Legendary Dogs Enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 522

GS Crew

Alright, fine. I'm sorry to all I offended, okay? I misinterpreted stuff and I apologize.

I'm just not down with battling on here. I have the games for that. Go ahead, hit me with a warning. I deserve it for stirring up stuff with no reason.

EDIT: Never mind, I got the warning. Guess that's what I get for being a jerk.

This post has been edited by Mars Adept Enten: Aug 22 2017, 03:01 PM

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

My shop! I appreciate requests! cat.gif

Entei stuff! (click to show)

Other stuff... (click to show)

Credit to: (click to show)
+Quote Post

The Majestic Mr ...
post Aug 22 2017, 04:25 PM
Post #325

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

uh, huh.
I dunno what happened here but
I've not posted much in this thread so here

So for the past few months we've been preparing to move and unfortunately the apartment we were going to doesn't accept pets or just dogs or something like that. The past few weeks have been one whole anxious shit show trying to find a place for our dog to live because we didn't just want to put her down. Today was the last day possible to find a home for her before we had no other choice but to put her down, and literally last minute the vet calls and tells us she has a home for her.

I'm so relieved, but I'm still sad that we have to see her go. I think I've shared pictures of her before but

best girl in the world (click to show)

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post Aug 22 2017, 06:43 PM
Post #326

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 828

HEROES

QUOTE(The Majestic Mr L @ Aug 22 2017, 10:25 PM) *
uh, huh.
I dunno what happened here but
I've not posted much in this thread so here

So for the past few months we've been preparing to move and unfortunately the apartment we were going to doesn't accept pets or just dogs or something like that. The past few weeks have been one whole anxious shit show trying to find a place for our dog to live because we didn't just want to put her down. Today was the last day possible to find a home for her before we had no other choice but to put her down, and literally last minute the vet calls and tells us she has a home for her.

I'm so relieved, but I'm still sad that we have to see her go. I think I've shared pictures of her before but

best girl in the world (click to show)

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry you have to say goodbye to your baby girl sad.gif I'm not good with words, what can I say? You'll always have the nice memories of her in your heart, won't you? And what matters is that she found a home.

Things are quite "agitated" around the thread ummm...I'd also like to see some variety in the scavenger hunts tasks and if it were for me I wouldn't mind battling tasks. However, there are many users who have many difficulties with this battling system, I understand. Maybe idk instead of inputting the battling tasks all of a sudden, there's another way to teach the newbies to form teams, use items and use the battle tower, smoothly and calmly...?? Like a site small event-like-thing??

--------------------

•TRINKET TRADING PLACE•||FC: 4055-4266-5767
POKEMON SHINY HUNTER//XY; ORAS; SUMO; USUM

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Aug 22 2017, 08:11 PM
Post #327

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

My dad's birthday is coming up pretty soon,and while I've asked him what he wants (beauty products) I'm kind of disappointed that he never asks for something he is actually interested in. He hasn't had a hobby in.... what feels like forever to me.
What type of stuff do you guys buy for your parents' birthdays?

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Aug 22 2017, 08:24 PM
Post #328

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

I get my dad a new Stephen King book every year. My mom usually gets some kitchen gadget she's been eyeing.

--------------------

+Quote Post

SilverPT
post Aug 22 2017, 08:42 PM
Post #329

You're one bad day away from being me.
Group Icon

Member No.: 128 888

Active Squad

QUOTE(YoRHa No9 Type S @ Aug 22 2017, 07:47 PM) *
The AI can be annoying, but it also uses a very predictable set of rules to determine its next move, and it seems to have some deliberate flaws in it that make it less obnoxious. It works under the base assumption that you will use a non-gem damaging move, so it will most often switch to a Pokemon that resists the attack it thinks you'll do, or one that can supereffectively damage your current Pokemon. If either your active Pokemon or theirs are at critical HP (under 25% seems to be the cutoff), it's the very first turn of the battle, their active Pokemon has a double weakness to yours, or you both switched on the same turn, there's a significant but not guaranteed chance that they'll stay in and give you a chance for the KO. Surprisingly few people use hold items on their submitted NPC teams, so if you keep these AI behaviors in mind, it's not too hard to predict what they'll do. Just remember that none of these rules are set in stone, and it's always possible for the AI to choose an action that's not in line with its typical behavior. Sometimes doing chip damage to your opponent is better than making a risky switch. Do some practice battles with your team to get a feel for them and what they're capable of.

I just want to add to this that it's also the perfect timing to set up. I usually use my Pudgy Pidgeot with Iron Defense and Amnesia on these cases. It also has Recover, so in the end of it, it's basically gg (unless some rock/electric types comes in and starts to set up on me).

This post has been edited by SilverPT: Aug 22 2017, 08:43 PM

--------------------

Big shoutout to Cycloneblaze for the awesome buttons!

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Running On Ice
post Aug 22 2017, 11:08 PM
Post #330

There’s a lot of tension in this town
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 626

Active Squad

Usually for my parents' birthdays we usually have cake and a couple of gifts. For my dad it's almost always new shirts and maybe a book or a gift card, and for my mom it's usually a book or some candles. It gets tough to buy for them now.

I don't battle all that much except if I want to use the Exp. All, which is usually for the low-level scavenger hunt tasks or even exploration ones. I still need to get a few more expansions though.

--------------------
FRIEND CODE: 4527-8945-5766; NAME: Laura
FRIEND SAFARI: NORMAL; PM me so we can trade codes

Clubs and Shinies (click to show)

"Don't take advice from people like me. Do your own thing always"- Chrissie Hynde, from ironically a thing titled "Chrissie Hynde's Advice To Chick Rockers"
+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post Aug 22 2017, 11:35 PM
Post #331

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

I've been so sick and tired the past few days. I've been either fighting with insomnia or my acid reflux decides to be an ass and keep me awake. The other night I didn't get settled down until 4 am, and then my dad woke up to get ready for work. I didn't get much sleep after that.

I've been getting a lot of use out of my Switch the past couple weeks. I decided to buy Splatoon 2 after a few of my buddies got it, so I've been playing that. I made it to level 10 after a week or so of playing between my busy work schedule. It's a nice casual game to play when real life pisses me off lol.gif.

A few days later, Sonic Mania finally came out, so I bought an e-shop card and download it. I've been having so much fun playing through the game, I beat the game with Knuckles a couple days ago. I've mostly been jamming to the music, so many good tracks in the game.

Anyone have any games they are currently playing?

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

miu
post Aug 23 2017, 12:16 AM
Post #332

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 182 742

Active Squad

It really is difficult to find a good gift for parents, if you don't want to simply go with the generic beauty and care products. I mean, sure, my dad's happy for the shaving gel and after-shave lotion combo, but I'd love to find a gift that he'd never expect and he'd actually like, but this thing pretty much happens by chance. I recently went away for a while, and I found a model airplane from 1979 at a museum's gift-shop. I remembered he used to build model airplanes when he was younger, and even built some with me when I was a kid, so I instantly grabbed the box for him -- old, yellowed cardboard box almost falling apart. Needless to say, he did not expect that, it looked exactly like the one he used to have back then!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Aug 23 2017, 01:50 AM
Post #333

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

QUOTE(Asbel Lhant @ Aug 22 2017, 09:35 PM) *

I bought Rez Infinite on Steam a couple days ago. It's an HD/VR remaster of my all-time favorite game, so I snapped it up as soon as I saw it had a PC release. I was going to wait until my new computer got here, but I was impatient and decided to see how it'd run oin my old garbage laptop. Turns out that with medium quality settings, it runs at 60 FPS with no noticeable issues. That's just the main game mode though; Area X would probably kill the craptop with all its particle effects.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Gigadweeb
post Aug 23 2017, 02:25 AM
Post #334

The Dragonslayer
Group Icon

Member No.: 44 890

pre-Gen V favs

Sorry to hear your dog can't go with you, MrL. Hopefully their new owner is as loving as you.

On another note, it's my 18th tomorrow! I'm not sure how I feel. I still feel like the kid I was at 8 in a lot of ways, but it's nearly time for me to be a legal adult. It's conflicting.

--------------------
+Quote Post

eevee64
post Aug 23 2017, 09:25 AM
Post #335

Trouble Buster
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 574

Bird is the word

QUOTE(Luneon @ Aug 23 2017, 09:11 AM) *
What type of stuff do you guys buy for your parents' birthdays?

Luckily when I ask my parents what they'd like for their birthdays, they actually give me some ideas of things they need/want...I'm terrible at buying presents ^^" Going out for a meal/outing together is something they always like too.

QUOTE(Asbel Lhant @ Aug 23 2017, 12:35 PM) *

I've mainly been playing mobile games at the moment like Monster Super League and Love Live School Idol Festival. Also a little bit of Fire Emblem Echoes on 3DS. I've been a little busy with uni work lately so haven't had a chance to sit down and smash out some games. I have Nier Automata and Steins Gate on Steam which I really want to get back into.

Now that it's getting close to Spring, baby bird season has started! My sister does bird rescue and rehab, and in the last four days we've gotten in 6 birds ^^" The latest edition to the rescue bird flock has us completely smitten...this is Squirt the mountain duck duckling cat.gif

quack (click to show)

--------------------

mareep.gif .: My Anime List .:. What the Flock?! .:. tumblr :.mareep.gif
trinkets (click to show)

stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Gigadweeb
post Aug 23 2017, 09:32 AM
Post #336

The Dragonslayer
Group Icon

Member No.: 44 890

pre-Gen V favs

welp, it's my birthday here

happy birthday me

EDIT: AND HOLY SHIT FIRST BATCH OF THE NIGHT AND I FINALLY COMPLETE MY SH. BUDEW HUNT

of course it's a male tho

oh well, into the shiny living dex pile it goes

This post has been edited by Gigadweeb: Aug 23 2017, 09:34 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Aug 23 2017, 10:44 AM
Post #337

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

@eev: Fluffeh birdeh!

I am searching for ballroom shoes that come in double wide for my dance class, we're going to be learning Argentine tango, waltz, foxtrot, East Coast swing, samba and maybe rumba.

At least I already have my books.

I can also get paid for some of my internship hours!

I just need to do all the stipulations first.

Did anyone else's semesters start, too?

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Aug 23 2017, 11:59 AM
Post #338

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

I'm not in school anymore. I feel lucky. lol.gif

The keyboard for my new computer got here a few days ago, so I've been trying to use it to mass click... and I already broke one of the keys. I was able to reattach it, but I obviously can't use my old technique anymore. I figured out an alternate way to click, but it's both slower and makes my hand cramp up if I do too much of it. I wonder if there's any way to configure my laptop keyboard to work with the new desktop once I've got it set up.

Pecha Berries for this dragon, please? This is my last time I ever have to do TBD, and I'm very ready to be done with it at this point.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Aug 23 2017, 01:15 PM
Post #339

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

My mum loves flower shows so I usually get her tickets to go to those, it's a day out for my parents and they like tending to the garden so it's perfect.

Christmas present last year has been these collectible 50p coins, styled with Beatrix Potter character designs happy.gif they cost me a lot (Ł210 for the first set) - there's a second set out now so I'm collecting those as-well.

Here's a picture of them and what I've gotten so far:

First Set of Beatrix Potter coins (click to show)

Second Set of Beatrix Potter coins (click to show)

There's one more to be released (Benjamin Bunny) so I'm eagerly waiting its announcement!

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Aug 23 2017, 06:05 PM
Post #340

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

My first semester of third year is starting the week after next. I'm looking forward to it as this point, summer's just been dragging on and I want to get back and see all my friends again. I only today found a room to stay in for the year while I'm at university, so it's a relief to have that done. happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:07 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.