Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
New eeveelution, Ninfia!
HellMoth00
post Mar 5 2013, 12:50 AM
Post #41

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 172 788

My Team

I heard that there were going to be two new types introduced and that they were going to be Light and Sound.

Well if not I'd take a guess that Ninfia would be either a flying type or even a psychic type.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

LiepardTrainer
post Mar 5 2013, 07:15 PM
Post #42

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 192 545

Active Squad

I still agree and like Sylveon be either light or normal, I'll catch, but its going to remain the PC for my entire game. I never liked Eeveelutions that much (they are based on canines, I don't like canines that much - I'm a cat/ferret person)

--------------------
Unova Fan! Love the PokeCats and PokeMustelids!
6 Favorite Pokemon in order: Watchog, Liepard, Patrat, Dewott, Mienfoo, Mienshao
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Mar 6 2013, 04:34 PM
Post #43

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

Sylveon... Coming from Sylvia and Sylph? The Genus for warblers and a spirit of air? That would give it an affiliation with birds and flight...

Its floaty bits looks like a prism scale so maybe it is a Beauty evolution of Eevee?

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

Aura Dynasty
post Mar 6 2013, 04:58 PM
Post #44

Guess who's back?
Group Icon

Member No.: 168 546

Jill Cortoma

That does make sense... perhaps they'll use all the Contest Skills as future evolutionary Chains?

--------------------
My body...
is made out of swords.
Iron is my blood
and glass is my heart.

I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated.
Not once have I retreated,
Nor once have I been understood.
Always alone....
On the hill of swords...
intoxicated by victory...

Thus, this life has no meaning...
This body...surely was...
Made out of blades.

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Mar 6 2013, 05:06 PM
Post #45

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

The Light and Sound type rumor was started by an attention whore guy named Charizard-something. I think it was a string of numbers. Apparently, he comes up with bogus rumors about each generation. GF seems to be making an honest attempt to only release info internationally and simultaneously this Gen, so if anyone claims to know anything before anyone else, you can make a safe bet it's false info.

That said, there definitely are enough sound-based moves to form a new type around them. The main issue is that the addition would be illogical if it were true. It would be another type Ice is weak to, and another type Steel resists.

Fighting is the Light type. They are the disciplined, noble, moral warriors that defeat the Dark and their evil and schemes.

I figured they weren't revealing Sylveon's type because they know a lot of people love the hell out of the Eevees and they want to keep the suspense up since enough people care about them. If it wasn't for that, they probably would have revealed it by now.

Just like LiepardTrainer, I'll probably evolve one and play around with it during postgame. It's cute and all, but I'd rather reserve story mode party slots for brand spanking new Pokemon unless I have absolutely no other choice. Speaking of, this Dex is going to have more than the starters, legends, and Sylveon, right? The news on this game is running awfully slow. D: It's honestly probably just me, though. I hope some kind of new info comes out this month. This is getting boring.

EDIT: It would be nice if they brought the contest stats back. It was an interesting, different way to evolve Pokemon. Also, it would remove the need to trade Feebas to evolve it. It was hell enough to find, but then they took away the one thing that made it interesting and gave it an annoying (IMO) way to evolve it, instead. At least they let you outright catch Milotic in Gen 5, but at that point, what's the point of evolving it? (Unless you wanted to breed some moves onto it, but that takes us back to my previous point.)

EDIT2: Animated Sylveon can be seen near the end of this trailer. It really looks they cut the footage so you can't see that she's landing from flight. (Except for the fact that you pretty much can see that, IMO.) On a side note, I'm just as sick of Mewtwo as I am of Cynthia now. :/

This post has been edited by Indoor Survival: Mar 6 2013, 06:58 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post May 1 2013, 11:14 AM
Post #46

Certified Psychotic Isaac Fangirl and Legendary Dogs Enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 522

GS Crew

Odds are, if Sylveon isn't an entirely-new type (general consensus is Light, but that's not very likely, IMO), the two most likely types for it would be Flying (graceful appearance, the sylv- prefix/root? bearing resemblance to sylph, the alchemical spirits of air/wind) or Bug (Japanese name having the apparent root ninf- which is reminiscent of nymph, a stage in insect development).

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

My shop! I appreciate requests! cat.gif

Entei stuff! (click to show)

Other stuff... (click to show)

Credit to: (click to show)
+Quote Post

jayrachi
post May 2 2013, 09:04 AM
Post #47

Janitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 133 427

wat

QUOTE(Mars Adept Enten @ May 1 2013, 12:14 PM) *
Odds are, if Sylveon isn't an entirely-new type (general consensus is Light, but that's not very likely, IMO), the two most likely types for it would be Flying (graceful appearance, the sylv- prefix/root? bearing resemblance to sylph, the alchemical spirits of air/wind) or Bug (Japanese name having the apparent root ninf- which is reminiscent of nymph, a stage in insect development).

I can definitely see Sylveon as flying, considering nymphs are also faerie things. There's a rumour that Sylveon will be faerie type, and this is coming from the same guy that leaked (naming and drawing) all of the B/W Pokemon before they were announced, so I'm unsure now.

That said, Sylveon definitely resembles a kite. So if anything, it's likely to be either a new type or flying. But that's just my opinion on the matter.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Rookie Roo
post May 12 2013, 01:30 PM
Post #48

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 196 476

Active Squad

If its not flying, I would think of a Fairy...

THAT would be AWESOME.

--------------------
Look at friend please cat.gif

If you need Social Network, or if you have it, you might be interested in reading this.

Shinies of 2020: 112 (click to show)

Shinies of 2021: 130 (click to show)

Shinies of 2022 (click to show)

Special Achievements (click to show)

+Quote Post

cereza13
post May 16 2013, 01:41 PM
Post #49

Artist Fennekin
Group Icon

Member No.: 195 713

Team Kanto

I agree with either being a light or fairy type. I just can't really picture an eeveelution flying if it didn't have wings and for the possibility of it being a normal type? Well eevee already is a normal type and it would be kinda dull for it to evolve into a normal type, plus it would probably look the same. It can't be a psychic because it already has one, espeon.gif espeon. But these are just my opinions. I can't wait for the reveal! cat.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post May 17 2013, 02:17 PM
Post #50

Group Icon

GS Crew

If this alleged leak of a Fairy-type is true, then it seems very likely that Sylveon will be that type. Fairies are often depicted as graceful and frilly, like Sylveon is.

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

+Quote Post

roxieraven327
post Jun 8 2013, 08:01 AM
Post #51

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 195 586

awesome pokemon

dont care what the type is im happy that its a new one ^.^ eevee is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

--------------------
two souls one body one is dark and bad the other is just insane
+Quote Post

Nic
post Jun 11 2013, 09:05 AM
Post #52

Immaturity archive
Group Icon

Member No.: 93 927

Nerve damage

Fairy type confirmed just now during the Nintendo Direct E3 conference! GG Sylveon GG

--------------------
+Quote Post

Quomimi
post Jun 11 2013, 09:07 AM
Post #53

Nerd
Group Icon

Member No.: 101 034

Babys <3

Really? Oh man, I forgot to watch that! noes.gif Thanks, Nikki!
+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Jun 11 2013, 11:47 AM
Post #54

Group Icon

GS Crew

Well, it's official now. A new type for the types chart. Can't really say I'm pleased or displeased with this. mellow.gif Saw this coming, what with Sylveon being a new type altogether.

--------------------

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

+Quote Post

Angelblah
post Jun 11 2013, 01:19 PM
Post #55

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 198 888

Active Squad

Well.....I think it maybe a Steel type, That my opinion .-.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Jun 11 2013, 07:30 PM
Post #56

Group Icon

GS Crew

*pokes above poster* Nope, Sylv is pure Fairy-type.

--------------------

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

+Quote Post

Little Peanut
post Jun 13 2013, 01:57 PM
Post #57

hi
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 630

A team

one thing i've been wondering is that eeveelutions have always been released in pairs, so if there were a pair to sylveon it would probably be a dragon type eeveelution

--------------------
My Party
Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

nitrodog96
post Jul 5 2013, 09:21 PM
Post #58

bewm
Group Icon

From: In a burning ring of fire, channeling the power of the flames.
Member No.: 61 870

Platinum Team

QUOTE(Aura Dynasty @ Feb 12 2013, 05:10 PM) *
I'd say if it's a flying type, it should have wings *stubborn me*

In my head you can't fly without wings or a decent suckerpunch

You do realize Doduo doesn't have wings, right? It can still fly.

Anyway, Sylveon, along with some 3 other Pokémon (Gardevoir, Marill and Jigglypuff) is guaranteed to be a Fairy-type. It's also possible that Mawile might be a Fairy-type (Steel-Fairy I think), but that's not definite yet. One thing I'll be asking myself when I'm playing Black after X & Y come out is "Why is my Gardevoir getting PWN'd by this guy's Dragonair?"

I only know that Sylveon is going to be Fairy-type because of TheJWittz and Marriland on YouTube.

So, uh, yeah.

--------------------
I used to be Cyogre, ILoveTaillowHesCute, TaillowIsCuteAndCool, Tart Spop, Tartius Spopius, Tartii, King of the Eevees and MasteroftheFlames. If you know me under any of those names, yeah, that's me.

In-Game Teams (click to show)

Hoping to get Social Networking! I'd really appreciate an add.

Arcanine! (click to show)

Miscellaneous (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

Zabimaru
post Sep 17 2013, 04:45 AM
Post #59

I Dream of Ponyta
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 541

FIRE!!!

I just read this entire thread...and I thought it amusing how many thought it was a flying type....

When I first heard of the new eeveelution [before fairy type got leaked/released] I was curious too. But I figured it out once I started seeing its different names.

Sylphs and Nymphs are both part of the fae aka fairy beings :p

I wasn't positive...but it was nice to be validated <.<

--------------------
+Quote Post

LuciferMorningst...
post Dec 13 2013, 11:26 PM
Post #60

Fallen1
Group Icon

Member No.: 84 917

The Army

Personally I am not into the pink and girly-ness.
I'm actually quite disappointed that types which have been waiting for generations were not the ones to receive this new eeveelution. I'd love to see a flying type or a ghost type.

QUOTE("King of the Eevees")
You do realize Doduo doesn't have wings, right? It can still fly.

Technically no, if you recall Ash's battle with Fawkner in Jhoto, it actually jumps so high it's serves as an equivalent to flying battle wise.

This post has been edited by Dont Make a Sound: Dec 13 2013, 11:29 PM
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:49 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.