Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
Slight shiny hunt tweak
Arceus Awakened
post Jun 2 2013, 07:21 AM
Post #1

Suicune is the most beautiful of all ♥
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 80 219

My favourites~

Basically, what I'm suggesting here, is that Pokemon with multiple hatchable formes (I will use Deerling as an example here) can be hunted in general.
How it would work, someone would start a Deerling shiny hunt as opposed to Deerling (Spring) or whatever, and it would work the same as normal, except that the hunt would be split into four (or however many formes).
Achievements, Sweet Honey etc would work off the individual hunts, so if someone had hatched 15 Winter Deerling but only 12 Summer, Winter would appear with Sweet Honey and Summer would not. This would also prevent people abusing it to find Unown formes without the expense of Repel.
The main hunt would end when one shiny was found, but on the page it would go by the individual hunt.

I know I for one would use this, I have to find a Shiny Sawsbuck for a personal project (and later a Mothim, though this being relevant depends on whether I get a female or male Burmy-Ground first) but I don't mind what forme. I know I could just not set up a hunt, but this seems so much easier X3

So could it at least be considered? Thanks X3

--------------------

~ freelance spriter | shiny collector | aspiring trinketeer ~

Project Arceus (click to show)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Jun 2 2013, 10:22 PM
Post #2

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

I don't really see the point in this. Being able to hunt one Pokemon to cover all the forms as opposed to hunting each form separately just seems to make it unnecessarily easier and, frankly, less organized dex-wise. There's a separate dex entry for each Deerling (for example), so I think that the same should apply to the shiny hunts.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Arceus Awakened
post Jun 3 2013, 02:32 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

My favourites~

It's more for those undecided people - or people hunting Mothim, I guess. Or maybe I'm just a slowpoke who needs to decide on a forme. X3 Thanks for the feedback, though.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cachomon
post Jun 6 2013, 02:56 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 156

Active Squad

I really like the idea ^^ would be useful and easier than now...~ I want a Shiny Unown for example, but now I have to choose ONE between aaaaaaaaaall the Unown forms... this is stupid, all them are the same pokémon... and it's impossible to achieve an Unown shiny hunt this way. Maybe I put that I want "Y" Unown but I get an "A", and of course I wouldn't achieve the shiny hunt at all.

So you have my aproval with this xD
+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Jun 8 2013, 10:46 AM
Post #5

Certified Psychotic Isaac Fangirl and Legendary Dogs Enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 522

GS Crew

I assume this would also apply to Pokémon that have different colors, but aren't really different 'formes', per se, like Basculin? Yes, on the site they are considered different Pokémon, but they're technically the same species going by the games. Of course, I don't intend to SH Red Basculin (because I don't really like its shiny), but if someone was hunting either color, this could possibly be implemented for it, if I haven't misunderstood anything.

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

My shop! I appreciate requests! cat.gif

Entei stuff! (click to show)

Other stuff... (click to show)

Credit to: (click to show)
+Quote Post

Arceus Awakened
post Jun 8 2013, 11:04 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

My favourites~

Yes, it would - the Basculin forms are, in essence, the same type as Deerling forms on the site, bar the ability to evolve, so...in fact, they have /slight/ non-colour differences if I recall correctly, so even more so than Deerling.

--------------------

+Quote Post

koolchick
post Oct 13 2013, 12:35 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 22 839

Active Squad

I agree with this for mothim and unown. I wanted shiny mothim but didn't do it on shine recorder purely cos any of the 3 Burmys can be evolved into mothim if male. Same with unown I want shiny unown but won't do it on shine recorder because it will be hard enough to get a none shiny of the form I pick let alone shiny. If this idea isn't added please make it possible to choose what form an unown hatches as before you hatch it. As the unown shiny hunt is pointless as it is now.

--------------------

+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Oct 13 2013, 02:26 PM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(koolchick @ Oct 13 2013, 12:35 PM) *
please make it possible to choose what form an unown hatches as before you hatch it

That won't happen because all of the Unown have separately-programmed eggs. You can't make a Grass Burmy hatch out of a Trash Burmy egg any more than you can make an Unown A hatch out of an Unown B egg.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Flamer
post Oct 14 2013, 11:01 AM
Post #9

Insert whitty phrase here
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 757

Faves

koolchick, please don't necropost. This topic is over 3 months old.

Going to lock this now, since the original discussion died a long time ago and the idea of choosing what forme a Unown hatches is unrelated to the original post. That said, if you'd like to make a separate thread to suggest the Unown idea and discuss it further go ahead wink.gif

Flamer charizard.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:55 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.