Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
SSB4 Official Dis. & Spec. Thread
Kazyx
post Jun 10 2011, 10:26 AM
Post #1

Veteran Kaz would like to battle!
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 1 227

ElecPsy Team

Was told I should just make a new thread, rather than bring my half a year old thread back from the grave. So here it is...
Super Smash
Brothers 4

Official Discussion and Speculation Thread

Here we are, boy and girls! As of June 7th 2011, Nintendo officially announced that Super Smash Brothers 4 will be in the works, once Sakurai has completed Kid Icarus: Uprising for the Nintendo 3DS. Here, you can discuss speculations or actual information about the games, even though there's not really anything to go off of right now in terms of actual information.

First of all, Iwata announced that the next generation of SSB is going to be for BOTH the Nintendo 3DS and the new home console, known as the Wii U. Here are some known tidbits of Smash 4, which have been turned into point form by Ankoku over at the Smashboards community.

Smash 4 Interview Notes (click to show)

Also, during Nintendo's June 7th Press Conference, EA was on stage and had mentioned DLC for their games. Could this potentially mean DLC for the upcoming SSB game? I sure hope so! Imagine the possibilities!

Within the interview, it is mentioned that the 3DS version of SSB4 will have customization features, which can then be transferred to your Wii U version of the game. What this entitles, I'm not sure. However, here are a couple of guesses as to what they will do for that:
  • Customization for your character's attributes, such as speed and weight would be understandable, practically turning SSB4 into an RPG/Fighter hybrid, which I believe was done with Dissidia. Not entirely sure as I haven't played it myself.
  • The ability to change your offensive attributes, such as the B-Attacks, A-Attacks and possibly your Grab attacks. This would make a character unique to yourself, and one that suits your own personal tastes.
  • The ability to change the basic appearance of your character and certain attacks, such as giving Mario a doctor's cape, which would allow you to change his fireballs into pill capsules, just like Dr. Mario had in Melee.
The most likely however would just be purely cosmetic changes that don't change your character's attributes other than physical appearance, which doesn't change any of the attributes needed for fighting.

With the customization, will have Nintendo gone too far out of the original boundries of the Smash universe, or will they have opened more welcoming doors for first-time players?

What characters would they put into both versions of the game? What kinds of stages? Music? Will they focus more on solo play or multiplayer mode? Will the online mode be better than Brawl, or even more horrendous and unwelcoming? Will there be DLC, and if so, what would they add as DLC?

So many questions, and frankly, so much time to think about them and discuss them before any more information is released on these games.

Discuss away!

--------------------
Click one of the images below to be directed to my profile on the shown website

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jun 10 2011, 10:29 AM
Post #2

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

I literally. Cannot wait for this. I can't express my feelings of how excited I am for this game.

Finally, a way to customize characters... making them lighter or heavier.. OH THE SUSPENSE AND ANTICIPATION OF IT ALL grin.gif

This post has been edited by Volcarona: Jun 10 2011, 10:33 AM

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Radoka Kaname
post Jun 10 2011, 10:51 AM
Post #3

where doing it man where MAKING THIS HAPEN
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 62 388

Portal

This will be amazing
I cannot wait
It needs more Metroid and Sonic characters...
They also need a lot more classic stages... maybe an update to the spear pillar replacing Cresselia with Giratina... or the Distortion world...
I have to stop now before I go insane with excitement

--------------------
stuff (click to show)

"This guy has the best advice ever: don't be a homicidal maniac, and remember to eat."
--Marik Ishtar

I am not Roxy Lalonde, I'm Roxy Lalonde (with 2 spaces)
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Jun 10 2011, 11:11 AM
Post #4

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

I don't really care for it for the 3DS, but if there's a WiiU version then I'm buying.

Predictions (click to show)

Do not want:
-Jigglypuff. If you must, bring us Wigglytuff!
-Solid Snake (just because)
-Mewtwo
-Any Final Fantasy character
-Megaman, Megaman X
-Ryu (Both Ninja Gaiden and Street Fighter)
-Goku/Any Anime character

This post has been edited by Dazmi: Jun 20 2011, 10:24 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Chocolate Puddin...
post Jun 10 2011, 11:19 AM
Post #5

Posting in Tepig Thread.
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 129

Delicious.

Anyone agree that we should get Haxorus as a playable character?

--------------------
Ask me stuff.
I claim every Flareon that has ever existed and will exist.
(Provided that they're covered in chocolate ...)
+Quote Post

Radoka Kaname
post Jun 10 2011, 11:23 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Portal

QUOTE(Dazmi @ Jun 10 2011, 12:11 PM) *
I don't really care for it for the 3DS, but if there's a WiiU version then I'm buying.

Predictions (You know we're all going to do it) (click to show)
I think most of those would be cool (pong would be hilarious) some would have to be assisstant trophies though (pong probably wouldn't work well as a playable character)
Banjo, Kazooie and Conker are almost definetly not going to be in it (Microsoft has owned them for a while, and they don't seem to like Nintendo that much)
Do not want:
-Solid Snake
-Mewtwo
1:YES (although there's almost no way that'll happen since every character from the first has stayed the whole time)
2: I like Snake a bit...
3: Meh I wouldn't care either way
4: YES no Final Fantasy allowed... or Kindom Hearts since that's like exactly the same thing...
*sees edit* 5: Yes no freaking Samus ripoffs that die easily

This post has been edited by Hatsune Miku n Maka Albarn: Jun 10 2011, 11:24 AM

--------------------
stuff (click to show)

"This guy has the best advice ever: don't be a homicidal maniac, and remember to eat."
--Marik Ishtar

+Quote Post

Chocolate Puddin...
post Jun 10 2011, 11:37 AM
Post #7

Posting in Tepig Thread.
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 129

Delicious.

List of Characters I'd like to see in SSB4 (click to show)

That's all I can think of for now. Might edit this later.

This post has been edited by Chocolate Pudding: Jun 10 2011, 12:20 PM

--------------------
Ask me stuff.
I claim every Flareon that has ever existed and will exist.
(Provided that they're covered in chocolate ...)
+Quote Post

Kazyx
post Jun 10 2011, 11:41 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

ElecPsy Team

If Haxorus replaces Lucario then sure! I can't stand Lucario at all. Either that or replace Lucario with Excadrill.

QUOTE(Dazmi @ Jun 10 2011, 12:11 PM) *

Predictions (You know we're all going to do it) (click to show)

Being the sucker for these games I am, I'll probably end up getting both whenever I have the cash for both the 3DS, the Wii U AND both games.

Interesting choices of characters you've got there, Dazmi. Some of them seem to be quite out-of-the-ballpark odd (Such as Pong Paddle + Ball) and some of them would probably not be usable by Nintendo (Banjo and Kazooie, who are owned by Microsoft). I will admit however, if Banjo and Kazooie did show up, I DON'T want them to be the squared-off ones from Nuts and Bolts. I'd rather their more classic look from the original two. And Pong Paddle + Ball would be an interesting character choice. I'd like to see how they'd make that playable.

-Bomberman would be the most explosive character we have ever had in Smash, I think. Even moreso than those SSE bosses. It'd be interesting to see how they'd do him. However, his third-party classing might hold him back, possibly.

-The Koopalings all swap with that staff of theirs they hold. I would class Bowser Jr. as his own character, which I'm pretty sure is what most people would do. he's just had more appearances than the other Koopalings to be classed together with them.

-AC Kid NEEDS to happen. With all these Animal Crossing games out, why isn't there an AC Kid yet? I think it was a smack in the face to AC fans when they made that stage but no AC Kid to go along for the ride.

-Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, Conker, Rayman are all third-party characters so I'm not entirely sure if they'd make it in. However, Layton and Wright are both pretty well Nintendo-exclusive if my memory serves correctly, so they might stand a better chance.

-I'd rather K. Rool over Dixie, but if the fans want her in over him I think they'd do that unfortunately. :/

-As much as I'd like to see Waluigi out of those three you mentioned the most, I don't think they'll make any of them playable characters, due to their "multiplayer party-esque" game appearances. The only one who'd most likely make it in would be Waluigi.

-Captain Louie... Hmm. With Olimar, they very well could add Louie. How do you think he'd fight?

-Not quite sure who Mike is, so I have no opinion just yet.

-Tetris Blocks?! Why are so many of your character ideas so fascinating? XD I love this idea, but whether they actually would do something like that I doubt. More likely to be an Assist Trophy, unfortunately.

-Chibi Robo would be an interesting character as well. I haven't personally played his games, so how would you go about playing as him?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Stratospheric Co...
post Jun 10 2011, 11:48 AM
Post #9

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 107 360

Active Squad

Add in Dark Samus and don't make her a Samus clone.
Bring back Roy.
Possibly add in Megaman.
Get rid of Lucario.
Add in Midna and Tingle.

That's my Wish list for SSB4 so far. I might edit it later.
+Quote Post

Radoka Kaname
post Jun 10 2011, 11:52 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Portal

QUOTE(Kazyx @ Jun 10 2011, 12:41 PM) *
-Captain Louie... Hmm. With Olimar, they very well could add Louie. How do you think he'd fight?
in Pikmin 2 after the end you find out Louie has some kind of physchic control over insects...
and His Final Smash could be that Giant Dweevil (I think that's what the spiders with weapons are called... I haven't played Pikmin 2 in years...) covering the field with poison, electricity, fire and maybe water

--------------------
stuff (click to show)

--Marik Ishtar

+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Jun 10 2011, 12:05 PM
Post #11

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

QUOTE(Kazyx @ Jun 10 2011, 11:41 AM) *
Why are so many of your character ideas so fascinating?

Haha, I hope you didn't think I was being serious about all of them. Also, I dunno.

This post has been edited by Dazmi: Jun 10 2011, 12:08 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reve
post Jun 10 2011, 12:07 PM
Post #12

derp
Group Icon

Member No.: 106 673

Active Squad

Yeah, I heard the announcement! When I heard it I expected lots of Cheers, and I knew it =p Anyways, I think it's going to have another Storyline (Hopefully this time I hope not to see Sonic in the end cause I wanted to see him in-action), and this time hopefully I want more characters (No anime or anything, only Nintendo!). I also want more attacks, more ways to avoid attacks... And even more items!

Looking forward to it.
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jun 10 2011, 12:19 PM
Post #13

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

-Solid Snake
-Mewtwo
I actually wouldn't mind any of those. In fact, Jigglypuff is more or less a legacy character right now.

As for FF chars, if they'll pick anyone it'll be like Cloud Strife... or a GBA/SNES one (Cecil, Terra, Locke, Edgar, Bartz, ?)

Bring back Roy.
Yeah and don't make him a marth clone >_> At least bring in another FE Char. Maybe Sigurd or Celice with the ability to dismount at will with down+B?

I think Plusle&Minun would be good, personally.... I also wouldn't mind Hector from FE7 and i'm not sure I haven't really played Nintendo in a WHILE. Pokemon and Fire Emblem have nearly endless amounts of characters they can choose from whereas most other games... not really. I'd live to see the SSBM/SSBB chars all returning, and something like 60 some chars would actually be fine with me so long as there's a lot of variety.

Here's hoping for Castlevania characters, they did have 6 GBA games to pick from. Or... Tales of Symphonia >_> Kratos Aurion/Lloyd Irving..............

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kazyx
post Jun 10 2011, 12:22 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

ElecPsy Team

QUOTE(Dazmi @ Jun 10 2011, 01:05 PM) *
QUOTE(Kazyx @ Jun 10 2011, 11:41 AM) *
Why are so many of your character ideas so fascinating?

Haha, I hope you didn't think I was being serious about all of them.

Some of them I WISH were real, as odd as they are (Tetris Blocks and Pong Paddle mostly).

And my opinions on Choco's choices.
QUOTE(Chocolate Pudding)
- Megaman
Megaman's probably likely to get into the next game, due to Sonic and Snake's appearances. He's got the highest amount of fanbase wanting him in compared to most other Third-Party characters.
- Animal Crossing Human (Boy/Girl)
As I said previously, I would LOVE for the AC Human to get into the game.
- Toon Zelda/Tetra
Out of these two, I'd rather see Tetra, otherwise we're just going to have a Zelda clone for sure. <__<
- Haxorus, Scrafty, Zoroark, Mewtwo, Emolga, Audino, Watchog
And so begins the Pokemon masquerade! Out of all of these, I'd say Zoroark, Mewtwo, and possibly Scrafty or Haxorus have any chance of getting into the upcoming game. Mewtwo's already been done, so if he does return he better replace Lucario. Zoroark would probably be the more likely candidate though due to being the new "In" Pokemon. Scrafty and Haxorus I believe have a nice enough fanbase to potentially get in.
- Bowser Jr.
As much as I'm not a massive fan of Bowser Jr., his fanbase would probably get him into the game.
- Baby Mario & Luigi
I would rather if they didn't, unless of course they made them come from the Yoshi universe, rather than the Mario one. Mario has enough characters right now.
- Paper Mario, Count Bleck
A good selection of Paper Mario characters, and a nice spin from the regular Mario cast, if you ask me.
- Shy Guy
His fanbase I think is pretty good too. Not as high as Bowser Jr., so I don't think he'd make it in. Unless they decide to do like, 50 characters this game or something.
- Masked Man (Mother 3)
A villain from the Mother series! Grand idea!
- Skull Kid
Interesting idea. I'd like to see what he'd do. Probably a lot of vanishing and teleporting or something of the sort. He'd be quite annoying that way XD
- Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
A villain from Skyward Sword. Since they didn't do this with TP I'm hoping they'll do it here. Ghirahim seems like an interesting character.
- Skyward Sword Link w/ Phi
Skyward Link will probably replace TP Link, so he'll more than likely be in.

Don't worry. I'll eventually post my own listing of characters and possibly my reasons for putting them in.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Stratospheric Co...
post Jun 10 2011, 12:37 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 107 360

Active Squad

I just hope they don't add in anymore MGS characters.
+Quote Post

Kazyx
post Jun 10 2011, 02:01 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

ElecPsy Team

Alright. I said I'd post my choices, so here it goes.
QUOTE(Font Attribute Meanings)
Bolded = Will/Has a high chance of staying.
Underlined = Movepool will be altered to accommodate for more personal traits.
Italicized = Will possibly be replaced with a more recent character of the same franchise. Moveset may be altered to accommodate the changes.
Strikethrough* (One Star) = Will possibly be replaced with a more recent unique franchise's character, or will be completely removed from the Smash franchise due to no recent game being released or announced. Strikethroughs are subject to change provided a character's franchise is revived.

Returning Roster Count: 29 Definite
Newcomer Roster Count: 21
Total Roster Counter: 50
Veterans (click to show)
Newcomers (click to show)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jun 10 2011, 02:34 PM
Post #17

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

don't remove ike T_T

QUOTE(Charismatic Enigma @ Jun 10 2011, 01:37 PM) *
I just hope they don't add in anymore MGS characters.
Why not? I'd love to be able to play as [MGS4] Raiden. Besides they technically had like... a strange Big Boss/Solid Snake hybrid in Brawl anyway. (There's no way that was Solid, there are enough subtle differences between Solid Snake and Naked Snake that it couldn't have been Solid.)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Shinzu
post Jun 10 2011, 03:22 PM
Post #18

Giratina, Regigigas, and Hypno <3
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 210

The Favs

I want this /so/ bad, but with like every other flipping Nintendo console coming out, I won't get it for years and I'll have to sit and listen to everyone saying how good the game is, what their favorite character is, and what not. I'm not saying I don't want it, I think it'd be cool, but I kind of wish they'd have it for, oh, regular Wii. I'm tired of new game coming out on new consoles- I'm already dying inside because I know I'll never get the new OoT game, and now I can start dying from knowing it'll be years before I get this. pinch.gif Well, all I know is that I'm ditching Smash Brothers if it doesn't have Ganondorf in it. noes.gif Something needs to flipping replace Lucario. PLEASE. I'd be happy with Zoroark (the ONLY dog in Pokemon I like! ).

Mario, Link, Zelda, Fox, Donkey Kong, Marth/Ike/Roy, Pikachu, and a few others I know will most likely return. Hopefully Ganondorf will reappear, and Pokemon Trainer, and maybe Zoroark! :'D

--------------------

Pictures and links! (click to show)

Hypno! (click to show)

Credits- Thank you guys! <3 (click to show)

+Quote Post

NinjaFish
post Jun 10 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #19

The Shadowy Fish Monster
Group Icon

Member No.: 94 929

Active Squad

I'm stoked for this. Very. But gaaaad, I have to get a 3DS, don't I? Maybe I can just... convince my parents to get one for me. >:3

As for my characters predictions... Look below.

My Predictions (Some of them, at least) (click to show)

--------------------

"All our hate / All our rage / Every feeling that we cage / It only grows with age / Where have we fallen?"
- Centurion by Wolfgun

Pokemon (click to show)
+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Jun 11 2011, 02:29 PM
Post #20

Certified Psychotic Isaac Fangirl and Legendary Dogs Enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 522

GS Crew

I mentioned this in the other Smash Bros. 4 thread, but I really, really, really want Isaac from Golden Sun in the game. (Big surprise, eh?) Anyone who's played any of the games in the series will probably agree with me. (Right, AetherWolf? wink.gif) I would personally like to see his 17-year old GBA games version, as opposed to the 47-going on 27-year old Dark Dawn version. If he's added, I'll likely have a fangasm of sheer, unadulterated glee. *glances at user title and sig* He could have Psynergy and sword-based attacks for his moveset. I've thought of a few moves, but I haven't finalized my possible moveset for him. unsure.gif

EDIT: Toda, regarding the AC characters, I think the reason we won't see them as playables is because of some nonsense about the series being 'non-violent' Even though your characters can use AXES. facepalm.gif

This post has been edited by Mars Adept Enten: Jun 11 2011, 04:38 PM

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

My shop! I appreciate requests! cat.gif

Entei stuff! (click to show)

Other stuff... (click to show)

Credit to: (click to show)
+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 12:40 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.